Sisters

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp WindClan Medicine Den Sisters

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nettlenose
    Participant

Nettlenose’s reaction didn’t seem heavy to the question, though internally she felt her chest squeeze. Their family knew the value of romance and partnership, and to know it would always be far from her reach was a bit hard for her to accept. However, she shook her head and rose a cream colored paw to her maw, giving it a swift look before swiping it over her ear.

“I could take a mate, if I truly desired to, but…I know that this role is more important for the entire clan than me having a mate. I accepted a duty to everyone, not just myself, and have to honor it. It would be a bit of a distraction, don’t you think?” She asked softly, a touch of sadness in her tone. “I wouldn’t want to take a mate if they hardly got any time to spend with me, how unfair that would be…”

And kits, that was a different situation entirely. If she had kits, she would no longer be the medicine cat, and then what would she do? Laze around the nursery and camp like some bump on a log? She was a horrid fighter, or maybe she could learn, but even still she adored her job and wanted to continue what StarClan had chosen for her. With a smile, she leaned into Willowfur. “I’ll simply have the joy of watching your little rascals running about, and they had better come visit me often!”

Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur knew her sister well enough to see a hint of sadness in the tone of her voice when she talked about never having a mate. However, she knew her own kits would constantly bother Nettlenose in the medicine den whenever they could get the chance, and she hoped that would be enough for her. “That is, if  I have kits. Who knows, maybe I’ll be lonely forever.” The she-cat chuckled lightly, only a little bit serious. The more she thought about talking with Lakewind, the more anxious she became. Maybe I’ll just let things happen on their own instead of planning it. It was high time Willowfur grew up and did things herself without the help of others.

Willowfur leaned into her sister, ginger and cream colored pelts pressing together. “I miss Cremefur,” she said softly, green eyes looking down at her own paws. “But…I also hope Wolfstar finds someone else someday. He looks lonely every time I visit him in the den or when he goes on walks by himself. I don’t think he really knows how to be alone.” Wolfstar used to bring their mother into every conversation he had. Now, it happened less and less, and she could see the grief fading from his eyes every day. Their mother was sweet, like Nettlenose and their brother Hailgaze. It was nice to see that Cremefur wasn’t completely gone from the Clan.

Nettlenose
    Participant

“Lonely forever? You?” Nettlenose echoed, a soft-hearted chuckle vibrating her chest. “Oh heavens no. Who could resist such a striking personality? There’s definitely a tom out there who could put up with your bird brains.” The medicine cat said jokingly, a purr rising from her core. She loved to sit and talk with her sister like this, it was something so simple that made her so happy. She felt as if she could tell the ginger feline anything she could ever need to.

At the mention of their mother, the medicine cat glanced to Willowfur, reading over her expression. She was hopeful, as their family seemed to be at its roots. “We will see Cremefur again one day.” Nettlenose reminded gently, though she too wished happiness for her father while he still walked among this earth. With a quiet sigh, she nodded, and reflected on how she too had often seen the lonely way their father traipsed about, untrue to his name, as a wolf needed their pack, and their family.

“Wolfstar has time still. I think there’s still a plan for him yet, and with looks as he’s got he won’t have any issues wooing someone.” She hummed with a chuckle. “We aren’t a bad looking family~”

Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur smiled and let out a small laugh. “True, we are a nice looking family,” she agreed, the purr still vibrating in her chest. “I’m honestly surprised only Blizzardfall had kits out of all of us.” The ginger warrior knew her father would most likely find someone to keep him company later on, but it was still hard to see him sad like this.

Sighing softly with content, Willowfur stood up and pressed her muzzle to her sister’s cheek. “I should probably head out and see if I can do a night patrol or something. I still have quite a bit of energy since all Ravenpaw and I did was stroll through the territory and talk.” She prayed to StarClan their training tomorrow would be even better. Even though her apprentice didn’t seem too eager to learn how to fight, she had a feeling he would be a great warrior for the Clan if she pushed him a little harder. “I’ll bring you something to eat later once I come back if you would like. I’m sure we’ll catch a few rabbits now that the sun is shining again.” Willowfur turned away from Nettlenose and started to head out of the medicine cat’s den, still smiling with happiness from the pleasant conversation with her sister.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp WindClan Medicine Den Sisters