Silent War Cry

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Silent War Cry

• This topic has 18 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Lux.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Roach
    Participant

Firestar ~Skyclan Leader

Tail lashing side to side sharply as he enters camp once more with Rookfall not too far behind. He knew what he needed to do; he needed to get rid of the parasitical form of Hornetstar once and for all. He needed to prove to the cocky Shadowclan Leader that Skyclan wouldn’t break or cave in for what the golden colored tom wanted. Not without  knowing the real reasoning for why they should put their asses in a cramp for clans that mean nothing to them. His eyes blazing with determination as he stalks through camp, easily maneuvering around those that remained in his way. Glancing around before his gaze lands on Darkbird and Honeysplash.

Seeing that his brother was closer; the large feline makes a beeline straight towards the honey suckle colored tom. “I would like to meet with you and Darkbird. We are going on a little patrol” he vaguely states, not wanting any curious ears to overhear what he had to say. “Get Darkbird as well. Meet me outside of camp” Firestar adds, lightly flicking his tail against his brother’s shoulder. Not caring if his brother had been relaxing outside, smirking over at him once more before slipping once more through the crowd. Though his tall form could still be easily seen over the different shades of pelts within camp.

Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash took a lazy bite of his meal, savoring the taste. It was his first duty-free day in some time, and he planned to enjoy it to its fullest extent. Just as he bent to savor another morsel a familiar pelt caught his eye. ‘Oh no,’ he groaned inwardly as he watched Firestar weave his way through camp. ‘Please don’t, please-’ Of course, by then it was too late. They made eye contact for a brief moment before Firestar began barking orders. “What do you-” His eyes narrowed suspiciously, skeptical of his brother’s orders. “Alright, I’ll be there,” he mewed, shaking his head in annoyance. He scarfed down the rest of his meal, barely tasting it. Regardless of what he was being bothered about, his brother owed him another day of relaxation.

Fortunately, it didn’t take him long to find Darkbird. “Hey you, Darkbird!” He hailed the dark tom, keeping his tone hushed. “We have something to do, apparently. Let’s not keep Firestar waiting. He’s prickly enough when he’s in a good mood.” He waited for Darkbird to join him before leading the way, tracing his brother’s footsteps out of the camp. Whatever it was, it’d better be good.

Feared
    Participant

Darkbird ~ SkyClan Warrior

He sighed softly for a moment, Lostpaw wasn’t exactly making it easy for him today. Training her to hunt was a gruesome task in itself, her form was all wrong and her attitude had been a little sour earlier in the day. He wasn’t exactly sure what had her so moody today, but he was certainly trying to be patient with the young molly in correcting her form and teaching her how to properly stalk forwards while lowered. Sitting within camp, his golden eyes flickered towards his apprentice as she was hungrily digging into the meal he had caught for her. She deserved it, she was working her hind end off with learning the ways of the clan and she hardly ever complained. Today just must have been a odd day. “Eat up, I want you to keep practicing your form.” He commented slightly, although his tone was gentle and his gaze was warm before he caught the sound of someone speaking in his direction. Ears rotating in the direction of Honeysplash, hearing his obnoxious voice was enough to completely drown Darkbird’s mood as he slowly turned his chin to gaze upon the younger Tom. Honeysplash was a good looking Tom, that was clear, he could see why his daughter was so interested in Honeysplash but he didn’t understand how she could possibly handle a Tom that was so… annoying? “Yes, that’s me.” He drawled out while arching an eyebrow. 

What on earth, would Firestar want with me? He pondered silently as he gazed upon Honeysplash for a moment, pupils narrowing slightly before he released a sigh and then looked down towards Lostpaw. “Hopefully this won’t take long, finish up your meal and then practice your stalking form.” He commented to Lostpaw, his long tail flicking against her ears before he pushed himself up from his sitting position. “Alright, lead the way.” He meowed to the honey suckled colored tom, while the tip of his tail twitched in annoyance. Whatever Firestar needed, it better be good for dragging him away from training. 

Roach
    Participant

Firestar ~Skyclan Leader 

While he was making his way out of camp, he spots the form of Foxpaw. Pausing for a moment as he stares at the apprentice, tilting his cranium in thought before deciding it would be for the best to have Foxpaw come along. The young apprentice would be an warrior soon enough and he had shown promise. “Foxpaw! Come with me” he calls over to the apprentice. Gesturing for him to follow as Firestar heads out of camp. He easily ignores the curious stares of those around him, he had given Rookfall specific orders to keep everyone in the dark about his and the small patrols whereabouts. Firestar did not want anyone to run their mouth to the wrong felines.

Staring down at his large tufted ginger paws, watching as he leaves indentions in his wake. Padding further away from the entrance of camp, leaning his form against a bitch tree as he silently waits for the three felines to make their appearance. The first to arrive was Foxpaw, then Darkbird, and finally Honeysplash. Arching a brow at his brother’s tired appearance, making no comment of it as he decides to get to the point. “Rookfall and I have decided that we should pay Hornetstar a little visit. To teach him that he cannot demand service of us”

Firestar says, his eyes softening slightly as he looks over at them. “This will definitely affect how other clans perceive Skyclan. I will not force any of you to come along, but I have personally chosen you three to accompany me on this patrol” he quietly adds. Firestar would never force them to come along as he knew that a fight will more than likely break out. Especially with the plan he had in mind; there was no doubt within him that Hornetstar needed to go or at least needed to be taught a lesson that he wasn’t the only one in control. Firestar was leader of Skyclan for a reason, sure he wasn’t exactly sure on why Starclan chose him, but he was going to do whatever it took to make sure Skyclan prospers to its full potential.

“If you want to follow; I want you three in the trees. Remain hidden and silent. Climbing and maneuvering around in the branches is our asset. We are going to need it” he explains, tilting his head upwards as he stares at the branches above. “I have sent word to Hornetstar that I would like to have a word with him. Near our border, now the brute probably believes I am going to agree to his terms. But…” he trails off as he glances back at Honeysplash, Darkbird, and Foxpaw. “I have a message for him” he grins ever so slightly. It was time to show Shadowclan what Skyclan is made of. To show Shadowclan that they would no longer remain submissive and obedient. Skyclan will no longer be so easily pushed; it was time to push back.

Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash groaned inwardly, realizing he was the last to arrive. ‘More kindling for the flames,‘ he thought wryly, taking a seat as Firestar explained himself. He raised an eyebrow, giving his brother a pointed look. “We’re doing what, exactly? Is this serious?” He frowned, shaking his head. “I mean, of course I’ll come. After all, someone has to keep your ears from getting clawed off.” He winked playfully at his brother. “But, what makes you think Hornetstar didn’t have the same idea. As much as I’d like to rip the snarkiness from his maw, we might be walking into a big ugly battle.” He winced at the thought, not really in a ‘battling’ mood. He’d grown a bit rusty, preferring to spend his time hunting and grooming with SnowyOwl. “You’re right though, sticking to the trees would be best. If an ambush is waiting, we’ll spot those Shadowclan losers before they get the chance to attack.

Roach
    Participant

Firestar ~Skyclan Leader

Humming quietly as he listens intently to the worried inquiries from his brother. Brows furrowing in thought before carefully responding. “Yes. This is serious. I don’t take his complete disregard for myself or my clan lightly. I know I’m not Blazestar…” he trails off, a small frown tugging at his lips at the thought of the pale ginger tabby she-cat. “I’m-“ his voice trails off, his ears pulling backward in discomfort. “Not as warm-hearted or one to so easily forgive” he finally finishes. “I have to take into account as a Leader what’s best for my clan. Not the other clans. I could give two-shits about them. Yet…I get a feeling that Hornetstar believes that we will so easily bow before him. To obey his demands” Firestar huffs, the tip of his tail flicking in slight irritation.

“I want him to learn that Skyclan will no longer remain on the side-lines. Will no longer cower or be easily manipulated into believing or thinking that we have to owe anyone anything.” He couldn’t believe when he was deputy that Hornet would demand a debt to be owed during such a critical time for them all. What was more baffling to him was when Blazestar had agreed. Of course; he had brought up his distaste to her in private, but to Blazestar; she felt that agreeing was better than confrontation. That’s where Blazestar and Firestar differed. His intentions were not ill willed; he doesn’t want his clan to become feared, but respected. As the fiery Maine Coon always felt that Skyclan wasn’t truly seen as a clan of Starclan, at least in the eyes of the other clans. Yes; he plans to attack Hornetstar, but it was more so of a statement as well as taking action.

“Yes it would be stupid of me to think that Hornetstar would come alone” he reasons with a knowing nod to his cranium. “That’s why I am bringing you guys. And why you all will remain in the trees hidden until I signal for you all” he gestures to the fluid flick of his long feathery looking ginger tail; letting them know that was his planned signal. Firestar didn’t want to make it obvious he was signaling an attack or anything, that would just be idiotic of him. “Foxpaw; you will be the scout, keep your eyes open and rely your findings to Honeysplash and Darkbird. You aren’t to intervene unless absolutely necessary. Am I understood?” He states with a twinge of firmness in his tone. “Now I don’t know about you lot but I am ready to teach Shadowclan a little lesson. Are you with me? Or not?” He carelessly asks but deep down blunt filled him that the felines before him would be up for the task; would they follow him or would they turn away?

Smiling slightly as Honeysplash made it known that he was on board with the plan. Side glancing over at Darkbird and Foxpaw, pausing before deciding that they would voice their distaste soon enough if they were against his plan. “If we are all on the same page…” his deep and smooth voice trails off before nodding to the trees above; “Get to it” he grunts before turning away from the three felines. Silently making his way towards the border that separated Skyclan from Shadowclan. A ghost of a smirk tainting his lips, adrenaline already slowly coursing through his veins. ‘Are you ready to deal with Fire? Hornetstar?’ He inwardly thought as he edged closer and closer until seeing few figures on Shadowclan territory. ‘Oh…this is going to be fun’ 

Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash listened in silence, occasionally nodding along to his brother’s words. ‘Sounds like he’s really thought this through,‘ he inwardly remarked. His brother had grown, somewhat. He was still his bossy, fiery self. But, the ginger tom had begun focusing more on the future.

His eyes narrowed, focusing on Foxpaw. ‘Can they handle it?‘ he silently wondered. Scouting was an important job. Having a small scout, like Foxpaw, would certainly be an advantage. However, one wrong move and the whole operation would be spoiled. He rolled his shoulders, loosening his tensed muscles. ‘It’ll be fine,‘ he silently told himself. Firestar knew what he was doing, mostly.

He stood with a grunt. “Alright, sounds like this isn’t totally mouse-brained. If it comes to blows, make sure you hit first.” He flicked his brother’s shoulder affectionately before scrambling up the nearest tree. His side ached in protest. Although it’d been moons since his accident, sudden movements still left him feeling breathless.

Hornetstar
    Participant

FOXPAW.

At first- No, no, even still now, Foxpaw was surprised he had been called upon to join the leader and two warriors on a patrol. Naturally, he still couldn’t help but wonder if there were underpawed reasons behind this, but they were easier to ignore. With a huff he rose and trotted towards Firestar, closely followed by Honeysplash and Darkbird. The presence of the larger warriors made him a bit uneasy, but he ignored the urge for his fur to rise as he focused on his leader’s words. And what a doozy they were! From the sounds of it, Firestar was going to kick Hornetstar’s butt. Truthfully Foxpaw didn’t give two mousetails about the whole situation, but he was going to do as he was told and be a good little forward spy, or whatever. Once they were dismissed, he slipped into a nearby tree and went about performing his duty.

HORNETSTAR.

Finally, after far too long for his liking, Firestar had sent word that he would like to meet the ShadowClan leader at the border. Of course he was expecting nothing but consent, that SkyClan would in fact align themselves with RiverClan and ShadowClan in this certainly unavoidable war (but oh, how wrong he was going to be proven.) He had chosen to bring Smokewisp and Hyenaflower along, instructing them to hang back for support if anything went wrong, but also so Firestar didn’t feel like ShadowClan was being overly hostile. Hornetstar had already made a show of power in this little game of theirs, and he didn’t want to go overboard with it.

Soon enough they were at the border, and he settled right inside the ShadowClan side with a sigh, glancing into the trees on SkyClan’s side. “Come out, come out wherever you are, little Firestar,” he called out lazily, completely at ease. Of course he could deal with any surprise attack thrown his way, but obviously he was confident there wasn’t going to be one. He knew Firestar was no Blazestar, but Blazestar had promised SkyClan’s debt to ShadowClan. Firestar needed to uphold that promise, whether he was leader when that promise was made or not.

Lux
    Participant

Smokewisp – Shadowclan Deputy

Smokewisp walked on silent paws, ears pricked forward in high alert. They were drawing near the border. Hornetstar strode ahead, assurance radiating from his pelt. She scowled, irritation prickling at her pelt. ‘He’s taking this too lightly,‘ she thought. She’d been prickly at him ever since his initial meeting with Skyclan. He’d shared that he was doing something, of course. But he didn’t say he was going to prance into Skyclan’s territory and demand their allegiance. She knew Firebird- Well, now Firestar- had a good heart. But she couldn’t bring herself to fully trust him. Especially after an intrusion like that. She stared off into the woods, silently fuming. ‘Hornetstar can be so mouse-brained sometimes.’

She looked over at Hyenaflower, gesturing that they should stop. From here, Hornetstar would continue forward alone. They’d receive a signal if intervention was needed. She prowled into the ferns, her piercing gaze tracking Hornetstar as he prowled forward.

Peach
    Participant

The molly hadn’t questioned why they were heading to the border, she simply did as she was told, assuming it was to finally collect the answer to Hornetstars initial visit not too long ago. The multi colored molly staying only a few steps behind the smokey deputy, paws silent as they moved along.  The unpleasant expression on Smokewisp muzzle being all the warning she needed that this wasn’t going to go over easy, not with how the two leaders attitudes. 

A glance from the deputy telling the molly to halt, this was where their journey ended, this was for Hornetstar to handle unless otherwise stated. Disappearing into the foliage across from Smokewisp, eyes not looking to Hornetstar but to the trees around him. If Skyclan was to try anything she was almost positives they’d take to the trees. 

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Peach.
    Roach
    Participant

Firestar ~Skyclan Leader

A lazy smirk pulling at the corner of his lips at the mocking words from Hornetstar. His large form finally becoming visible as the birch trees begin thinning. Letting his observant gaze sweep over the golden sharp tongue tom, then he glances further back to take note of the forms of three other Felines further behind the leader. Their forms obscured from the fern foliage. Not paying much mind to his little entourage as his main focus was just in front of him. Tilting his cranium to the side, a playful grin on his muzzle as he easily replies; “Oh it truly warms my heart that you enjoy my company so much” course his words held sarcasm, but also held a tint of annoyance at him.

Pausing near the edge of the border, his long-furred pelt ruffling in the wind. Toes curling at the cold earth against the sensitive pads of his large paws. Signing through his nose as all amusement wiped from his sharp features. Ember hues steeling as he locks gazes with the golden-wasped tom. “Surprised you came early, thought you loved to make dramatic entrances” he adds with a huff as he thinks back to Hornet just waltzing into his camp. Biting his tongue as he knew that his smart comments weren’t going to do him any favors at this moment. Inwardly shaking his head as he tries to quiet his mind.

Yet; Foxnose’s words echo in his head. ‘This is between Thunderclan and Riverclan’. His brother is right; why should he get involved in a war that has nothing to do with his Clan? What did they truly have to gain in doing so. Sure, Kass was a problem and he would love to get rid of her, but she wasn’t his current problem at this moment. Let Shadowclan and Riverclan get rid of her, that way he wouldn’t have to get his paws dirtier than necessary. Firestar has a little annoying Hornet to handle, Thunderclan and Kass was the last thing he needed to be worried about. “Now I know you are waiting for my answer” Firestar begins, ears flicking slightly before clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth. “I have ever so decided to..decline your proposal”

“Can I be frank…?” His tone really indicating that he wasn’t asking. Shifting even closer to the edge of the border, his fiery paws inches away from crossing into Shadowclan. “Your sheer arrogance and cockiness pisses me off. I may be an ass but I don’t go demanding from other clans” he lowly growls. “How dare you hold over that lame promise over my clan. You think I will just allow you to walk all over my clan? To allow your disrespect and blatant disregard to the well being of others?” His anger was quickly rising. Silently hoping that his small patrol remains in position and well hidden from the wandering eyes of the Shadowclan patrol.

“I am not like Blazestar. I won’t bow to you. In fact; Skyclan will bow to no one his tone low and dangerous, eyes narrowing into slits as he coldly glares down upon the slightly shorter male. “The fact that you expect that I would so willingly agree, proves to me that you don’t take Skyclan seriously” Firestar hums, turning his head as he eyes the aloof leader from the corner of his eye as well as watching the snow’s sun-filled glow dying down as the sun lowers within the sky; ready for a nights rest. “It would seem that you need to be taught a lesson” he whispers so only Hornetstar could hear him before suddenly lashing out. His large form barreling into the unsuspected Shadowclan leader. His claws hooking into his shoulder blades as he slams him down with mild difficulty. His cold eyes locking with green. His long feathery tail sharply flicking to indicate to his warriors that the ambush has begun.

————————————————————

Roachpaw ~Shadowclan Apprentice

Slinking easily into the shadows as he halts behind Smokewisp and beside Hyenaflower. Ears twitching and flicking forwards as he tries to hear the words exchanged between the two leaders. Roachpaw wasn’t sure what Hornetstar believed would become of this, even the troublemaker tom could tell that Firestar wasn’t the type to back down. As the two leaders seemed to be evenly matched in silver tongue.

Pale sunflower yellow eyes darkening in anticipation and suspicion before looking over at the silently fuming deputy. Blinking in surprise at her obvious stiff and irked posture, though he was smart enough to keep his mouth shut from questioning her. From what he understood she either felt responsible for Hornetstar’s reckless behavior in regards to what transpired earlier or she was a very for being left out. The former seemed more likely.

Roachpaw wasn’t sure why he was asked to come along. It’s not like Hornetstar to willingly want his company. The darkened tom wasn’t sure if he had many particular skills that would benefit his clan mates if a fight were to break out, but he would sure give it his all. Jumping ever so slightly at the sudden commotion going on. Eyes widening in surprise to see Hornetstar pinned beneath the fiery Skyclan leader. Fur prickling with anger before his attention shifts to the sudden figures falling from above. Cursing under his breath at the unexpected situation he now found himself in. “This is just great. Knew I should have stayed at home” he half-jokingly mutters.

Hornetstar
    Participant

HORNETSTAR.

When the large orange tom came waltzing from between the birch trees, a chummy smirk slipped onto Hornetstar’s lips. They could have easily been mistaken for old friends meeting at the border from a look at the golden tom, if not for the almost palpable hostility in the air. “A sense of humor! Certainly a trait I like in my allies,” he commented easily, actually releasing a short bark of laughter at the other leader’s witty comment. “No, no dramatic entrances today, at least from me.” He could have added on more, poking and prodding and teasing the other, but quickly fell silent when he realized Firestar was going to speak again. The ShadowClan leader was subconsciously leaning closer, green eyes glittering with expectation as the other leader opened his mouth, and then…

Disappointment. He made this obvious by sneering at the other, teeth glinting in the sunlight. “I don’t think I could stop you from blabbering on if I wanted to,” he mumbled, rolling his eyes as he halfheartedly listened to the other. Arrogant and cocky, not exactly insults. Hornetstar owned what he thought he had, and if he didn’t have it? Well, he played it off as smoothly as he could. And right now, he didn’t have what he thought he had. So, time to improvise. “Disregard of others’ wellbeing?” His voice was loud with disbelief, a derisive snort falling form his lips. “Kass is a problem right now, and Hollystar refuses to reign her in and teach her properly, while she still has time – or come to her sense and demote the crazy she-cat to solve all the problems. In the future, when she has control over ThunderClan? Kass will be even worse! Proactive decisions solve lots of future problems, Firestar. Without a future, what’s the point?”

Suddenly he was being slammed into, shoulders on fire as claws dug into them. He dug his own claws into the earth, fighting back as he was dragged down by the other tom’s greater mass. “You are a fool,” he hissed, teeth gnashing as he wiggled around like a snake. Flinging out a hind leg, he dug his claws into the inside of Firestar’s back leg and yanked with all the might he had, pleased as he felt resistance due to skin and muscle, maybe even tendon, ripping. “They should have named you Foolstar!” This wasn’t a strength contest he could win, so fighting dirty and remembering what it used to be like as an apprentice, when he was always the smaller one in a fight, would be his best bet. As he dug his claws into the other’s leg, he pushed up with all he had and tried to wriggle out and away from the larger leader.

FOXPAW.

He had been perched precariously on a tree branch, peering down at the two leaders and doing his best to hear what was being said, while also relaying back to the other patrol members what was happening. Seeing the ShadowClan cats following Hornetstar, he had let Darkbird and Honeysplash know about them, before returning to his vantage point. At the very second he reached his branch, that was when Firestar made his move. The young orange tabby’s eyes widened comical as the slightly larger tom plowed into the other leader, intent vicious as he slammed Hornetstar into the ground to pin him.

Foxpaw had never been in a Clan fight before, and already, as the gathered Clan cats surged forth into battle, he knew this was going to be dramatically different from what he was used to. After only another second of hesitation, he dropped from the branch he had been on, fluffy pelt puffed up as he squared off with a lanky grey tom who looked like he might be an apprentice. The other two cats Hornetstar had brought with him were big and… Intimidating. Foxpaw wasn’t an idiot who wanted to prove himself brave and skilled by taking either of them on. 

With a hiss, he was darting in to slash at Roachpaw’s face, not wanting to give his enemy one second to get his bearings. Striking hard and fast was Foxpaw’s best option in this fight, seeing as he was laughably small next to the long legged dolt in front of him. He had a feeling he might be slightly stronger though, thanks to his more stocky build.

Roach
    Participant

Firestar~Skyclan Leader

It was odd that in a way if they hadn’t been in different clans or maybe even leaders; they could have been good friends. Sadly that was not in the cards for these two egotistical hothead toms. A cheeky smirk remains on his lips as he listens to Hornetstar easily continue their banter before the Skyclan Leader turns their light hearted atmosphere more serious with his oh so lovely personality of his. “I agree. Kass is a problem! I clearly stated that at the gathering! Not one of you leaders stood up and said anything. It’s not my problem anymore; let Wisteriastar handle it” Firestar sneers back, his fur along his broad shoulders prickling in anger. “I’ve already stood up for what I believed in. No one agreed nor stood up with me. I’m done putting myself or my clan out there when none of the other clans are willing to put themselves in a cramp for my clan” Firestar growls. Ah another one of Firestar’s flaws; grudges. It would seem that the tall fiery Maine Coon held onto things of the past not the most noble or levelheaded thing to do when being leader.
    He took great pleasure to see Hornetstar wiggle like a worm beneath him. Watching the anger and frustration flash across Hornet’s features made him want to smirk wickedly down at him. Keeping his expression cold and stone like as he listens to the feeble attempts to break his concentration. Arching a brow at the lame insult of what his name should have been. Jaw clenching, a quiet groan and hiss escaping him at the sharp stinging pain of claws ripping at the inside of his right hind leg. Feeling the skin and muscle rip as well as crimson blood pooling from his open wound caused his stance to weaken. Knowing that his hold wouldn’t last much longer unless he is able to reposition himself. Feeling the strong resistance beneath him, paws pushing roughly and desperately against his hind legs and chest. Suddenly allowing his form to slack, letting the smaller tom shove him backwards. Fire’s heart racing and skipping a beat as he teeters back, his form almost slamming into the ground before he catches himself.
    The once pure white snow now stained with his blood, his hind leg fur already matting as his wound begins to slow in bleeding due to it clotting. Nostrils flaring as he breathes through the pain, countering his weight on his left side, favoring his now wounded leg. Allowing his opponent to rise to his paws, ember eyes narrowed as he takes in the situation. His tufted ears twitching as he listens to the commotion around him as his little scouting patrol finally reveals themselves. ‘Good. Now those Shadowclan warriors won’t be able to interfere’ he thought before rising his large paw in the air. Quickly before Hornet could notice his intentions; he swipes downwards at the snow, flinging the icy cold powdered ice into the golden feline’s face. With him being distracted; Firestar rushes forward. Though his movements were a bit slower due to his leg, he still able to slam his shoulder into the other’s ribs before turning his form to the side and using his paw to trip up his target. Sadly he had forgotten to put his weight on his left instead of his right. Causing the leaders leg to buckle and tumble into the snow along with the other.
    Snow clinging into his ginger pelt as he rolls to his side. Before the other could have a chance to rise or move; Firestar roughly places his paw against his throat, threateningly adding pressure as he towers over Hornetstar. His chest heaving as he glares down, lowering his cranium downwards as he whispers into his ear; “Fire bends to no one.” With that he clamps his jaw around his throat. Easily blocking his airway, using his large form to hold the struggling form of Hornetstar in place. Course Firestar knew that he wouldn’t be permanently killed, but it surely held a statement: ‘Skyclan would bow to no one. After all play with Fire and one is bound to get burned.’ 
    ——————————————————————
    Roachpaw ~Shadowclan Apprentice 
    His eyes widening as a smaller but fierce apprentice charges at him with no hesitation. It certainly caught the lanky black tom by surprise, barely managing to dodge what could have been a horrendous deep slash across his face ended up as a slight cut along his cheek. Rivulets of blood dripping from the cut down his chin as he backs up. Fur fluffed up to appear larger than he already is before trying to think of his next move should be. Yet; in a time for battle, one doesn’t always have time to think things through. Cursing within his mind as he ducks and slides through the snow underneath the Skyclan apprentice. Shifting to where he kicks harshly at his side, allowing his hind claws to rake across the other’s flank before clumsily jumping to his paws.
    Roachpaw had no time to let it fully sink in that he was in a battle. That at this moment his leader was fighting for his life as well as his fellow clanmates. All he could do was keep his yellow gaze on his opponent, to block out everything else around him that didn’t have to do with staying alive for another day. The soon to be warrior hadn’t wanted it to come to this, to having to fight another feline, but so be it. He might not be the strongest but he certainly is light on his feet. Barring his white fangs at Foxpaw before dashing at him, his black danger-like claws slipping out of their sheaths as he abruptly changes direction. Causing snow to fling into the dry air, allowing his dark form to become hidden for just a moment.
    That’s all he needed. Swiftly appearing behind the younger tom as he pounces ontop. Letting his sharp claws sink into Foxpaw’s back as he tries to use his weight to throw the orange tabby’s balance off, to bring him to the ground in order to subdue his opponent. Sadly; Roachpaw did not take into consideration that Foxpaw could be stronger than what he seems.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Roach.
    Hornetstar
    Participant

HORNETSTAR.

This orange tabby royally pissed Hornetstar off, complaining like a little child and spewing out nonsense like this. How could anyone have voiced their opinion or stood up at the Gathering, when the then deputy Firestar and Kass were busy behaving like kits and making a scene? Hornetstar certainly hadn’t been about to. If anything, he had wanted to kick both deputies from the High Rock and watch them fall. And no other Clan putting themselves on the line to aid SkyClan? How dare Firestar. ShadowClan had been the one to offer SkyClan shelter during the storm, when they could have just as easily turned them away! Whether Blazestar had been leading back then or not, the point still remained other Clans would help SkyClan when it was asked of them. Firestar hadn’t asked ShadowClan for anything lately, and he had the gall to accuse Hornetstar of not helping him? What, were they supposed to offer SkyClan territory they could hunt on, take care of their elders, cater to their every whim?

He wanted to rip into Firestar until all the snow around them was crimson, colored by the other leader’s precious life blood as he bled out, even his nine lives unable to save him. But he had been caught unaware, and was still struggling for the upper paw in this fight. Miraculously he managed to break away from the slightly larger tom, whipping around with lightning speed to face him once more. A deep growl rumbled up from his chest, green eyes blazing as he squared off against the other. Then, Firestar was raising a paw and snow was flying into his eyes and – Hornetstar grunted as he slammed into, furiously blinking the melting snow from his eyes as he tussled with the other for the pin. The ShadowClan leader almost had it, but then once again, he found himself under Firestar, this time a paw on his throat.

Faced with death, a lance of fear and panic shot through him, but then the conversation he’d had with Wisteriastar during their stay with RiverClan sprang to mind. What was their to fear, or panic about? He’d only lost one life so far, and unless the SkyClan leader ripped his throat out, he should survive this. The golden tom smirked up at the other, a challenge glinting in his eyes. “Except for… water,” he choked out, an allusion to the alliance ShadowClan currently had with RiverClan. His vision was wavering, the edges going black, and when the pressure on his throat increased even more, he wheezed out a pitiful laugh. “Do it.” Barely even a whisper, but words to urge the other leader on. Hornetstar wasn’t afraid of him or SkyClan, even right now.

Once more, the golden tom found himself waking in a starry land, a balmy breeze whispering the nearby grass, as if in greeting. Suddenly a starry form appeared, sightless white eyes training on Hornetstar unwaveringly. “A brave but foolish tom, you are. I am the one who gave you the life of forgiveness, something you clearly have yet to learn. Now is your chance, however,” they warned, voice deadly serious. “Forgiveness can be an opener to many paths that may have yet been shrouded to you. Forgive and forget…” And then they were fading away once more, their last three words echoing before fading off themselves.

Hornetstar came back to with a gasp, eyes flashing open as he shoved Firestar off the top of him, staggering to his paws and hanging his head low as he gasped for breath. His throat hurt like it had been crushed in a vice, sore like it had never been before, and he didn’t dare move it too much for fear of damaging it worse.

Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash – Skyclan Warrior

The wind rustled the trees, masking Honeysplash’s foot-steps and causing the branch to sway precariously. He settled in, digging his claws deep into the bark. He cast an uncertain glance towards Darkbird, his blue eyes questioning. ‘Is this really what we should be doing?’ he asked himself. Like his brother, he also wished to see Hornetstar pay for his disrespectful attitude. But, this could end poorly. A flurry of ‘what-ifs’ assaulted his mind. How many warriors had Hornetstar brought? What if they were walking into a death-trap?

Foxpaw hissed, launching out of the tree and into the fray below. Honeysplash followed closely behind, throwing off his final inhibitions about the battle. They would fight. He landed with a huff, catching his breath as he observed the scene. Firestar was wounded, but so was Hornetstar. A Torrent of blood poured from his throat. The golden tom smirked. ‘Get him Firestar!’ he silently cheered.

More warriors rushed from the shadows. ‘Three, the same as us!’ he thought, feeling relieved. A familiar she-cat with a mottled coat was rushing towards Firestar. He dug his claws into the ground, launching himself forward and colliding with her shoulder. “Oh no you don’t,” he hissed, sinking his teeth deep into her shoulder.

Smokewisp – Shadowclan Deputy

The wind carried the scent of blood. “Hornetstar!” she yowled, bolting forward and indicating the others should follow. Her respect for Firestar was blow away, like dust upon the wind. He’d set up this meeting as an ambush. Her skepticism had been right!

Her hackles rose as she sprinted towards the battling leaders. Hornetstar was bleeding profusely from a neck-wound. ‘Starclan no!’ she thought, horrified. She snarled, desperate to pry the ginger brute from her leader. Instead, something slammed into her side. Smokewisp wheezed, the air knocked form her lungs. A golden tom, unfamiliar to her, dug his teeth into her shoulder.

She yelped, kicking him away. “Skyclan carrion,” she spat venomously. “Trap-setting foxes, all of you!” She swiped at the golden tom, catching the corner of his ear and spraying blood. She needed to end this quickly and back-up Hornetstar.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Silent War Cry