Silent Frustrations [Smoke & Raven]

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp Silent Frustrations [Smoke & Raven]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lux
    Participant

Smokewisp – Shadowclan Deputy

Oh, you’ve got to be joking,” Smokewisp growled angrily. She glared into the pit of wiry, prickly brambles. They needed to be removed as soon as possible, as they were in dangerously close proximity to their new nursery. “If only Hornetstar could’ve picked a new camp less prickly than himself,” she grumbled. It was a half-joke, and she clenched her teeth in frustration. She glanced quickly towards the dark warrior beside her. “Let’s get to it then,” she spoke to Ravenwatcher.

She threw herself angrily into her work, her mind abuzz like a nest of bees. Her claws and toes dug deeply into the soil, seeking the roots. Occasionally she’d spare Ravenwatcher a quick glance. She’d been relying on him more, ever since the incident with Murktongue. She’d been shy to ask the other warriors for assistance. The tom’s biting words had been clinging to her ears for nearly a moon. In addition, Tawnypainter’s return and Hornetstar’s secrecy had further shaken the confidence she had left.

She dug into the ground viciously, feeling the thorns prickle her fur. One snagged her cheek, sinking deeply into her flesh. With a yelp she pulled backwards, swiping a paw over the stinging scratch. “Oh come on,” she whined, feeling a single tear roll down her cheek. She hadn’t cried in moons, but it was all too much.

Roach
    Participant

Ravenwatcher ~Shadowclan Warrior

Concern wells within the tall slender obsidian tom as he follows after Smokewisp. Frustration just oozes off of her as they make haste to the prickly brambles inching closer to the nursery. His periwinkle lavender gaze takes in the tension of her form, he knew that she battling something within. Her emotions seemed to be all over the place but he was no stranger to emotional demons. Raven wanted to say something, to offer her support as she had done for him a few moons ago, but withheld his words as he projects himself as silent support for the time being.

Looking away from the beautiful dappled she-cat to finally take in the big brambles before him. Huffing in exasperation as he knew it would take the two of them some time. Joining next to Smokewisp, lowering his form as he carefully digs the roots up from the ground. Laughing at her snarky comment in regards to Hornetstar. Giving her an amused look before coughing every now and then as a dust cloud rises from the forest floor. Scrunching up his nose but doesn’t complain as he finally gets one bramble to weaken enough to pull it free. Grinning at the small success before seeing the grey dappled deputy flinch backwards and hearing a whine of pain from the thorns.

Quickly ignoring the brambles before him to let his observant unique gaze worriedly flicker over her form. Slowly approaching her as he didn’t want to cause her to lash out at him for making a wrong move. “Smoke…” he softly calls to her. Not missing the single tear of pent up emotion finally escaping the tightly guarded she-cat. Frowning as he leans into her, providing her comfort as well as a grounding. Leaning his head downwards to whisper calming words into her ear. “You can’t keep holding everything in you know…it never ends well” his deep voice soothing to the ear.

Hesitating for a moment before rasping his rough tongue against her forehead as he continues to provide comfort for Smokewisp, hoping he wasn’t making her feel uncomfortable or over stepping their friendship boundaries in doing so.

Lux
    Participant

Smokewisp  – Shadowclan Deputy

The roiling storm of frustration broke as Ravenwatcher gently comforted her. “I-I’m so tired,” she fumbled over her words. “There’s always so much to be done, it never stops.” Her ears flushed red as she realized how close in proximity they’d become. ‘But, does it really matter?‘ she silently asked herself. Instead of pulling away she leaned in, silently accepting the comfort of his warm shoulder. She sat in silence for several long moments, tears still rolling down her cheeks.

Finally, she cleared her throat and pulled away from him. “I’m sorry, you shouldn’t have to see me like this,” she apologized, swiping away her tears with a paw. She looked up at him, eyes puffy and red from crying. “I’m deputy, after all! I’m supposed to be tough.” She laughed and smiled, but it didn’t quite reach her eyes. “We should probably get back to our work, right? Don’t want to be here pulling brambles all day.” The smokey she-cat quickly attempted to return to their work, sinking her claws deeping into roots and dirt as her body went numb. Raverwatcher was nice– too nice. He didn’t need to be burdened with her anxieties. Especially not now, considering all the tension boiling up within the clan. Perhaps they could just ignore what happened and return to their comfortable but distant solitude. Although, she had to admit the scent of his fur was enticing. She glanced sideways, momentarily making eye contact as her fur turned hot. ‘Keep yourself together, mousebrain,‘ she scolded herself.

Roach
    Participant

Corvus Corax GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Ravenwatcher

His lean muscles tensing ever so slightly as he feels Smokewisp willingly lean into his comforting touch. Biting his lower lip to prevent a smile that threatened to reveal on his rubbery hued lips. Remaining still as he allows her to seek comfort in him, knowing that the pressure of living up to expectations can do on a feline. A soft hum vibrates through his chest as he listens intently to her stress and fears, “I have always believed that everything has to get worse in order to get better.” he mutters, not knowing why he had decided to lower the volume of his voice, it was as if he subconsciously did not want to ruin the small moment between the two.

Allowing her to pull away, his lavender and periwinkle eyes glistening as he takes in her flustered features. Smirking softly down at her as he knew that she hates revealing her emotions to others, he was no different. Nodding his head in agreement as she changes the topic of discussion, they had a job to do, might as well get it done. Ravenwatcher wanted to cuff the back of her head when she mentioned that just because she was deputy that she needed to remain tough, it took everything within him to not scoff at those words. Instead; he allows himself to become absorbed in his work, carefully maneuvering the thorny brambles in order to pull them free of the ground’s clutches.

He would not admit it, but he felt butterflies swarming within his stomach as he caught Smokewisp not so subtly eyeing him from the corner of his eye. When their eyes contacted, he just flashed her a warm smile before continuing on. after several long moments of tediously ripping brambles away from the nursery, the silence became too much for the usual feline of solitude. “Sometimes–“ he starts before pausing. Brows furrowing as he wasn’t so sure if he wanted to finish his train of thought.

“Sometimes I miss my birth given name…When I first came here, I was half tempted to continue on my way when I learned I would have to give it up. As my name had been the only true thing that I connected with while growing up” he reveals, deciding that since Smokewisp had opened up so much to him, he might as well do the same.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp Silent Frustrations [Smoke & Raven]