Skip to toolbar

Silence in Comradery ((Kass+Wist))

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Silence in Comradery ((Kass+Wist))

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tori
    Participant

–  W I S T E R I A S T A R –

The moon was swollen, leaking light throughout the empty sky, as Silverpelt was void of clouds to block the illumination it carried. The air was frigid to the touch, making the feline who crept through the forest prick her calico pelt to resist the biting cold. Puffs of air billowed from her snout, vanishing almost as quickly as her pawsteps did from the grassy floor. She was quick, almost a fleeting figure through the shadows of the foliage she slipped between– like a phantom that did not want to be caught or seen. The only thing that would remain of her was the imprint of her paws in the snow, which would soon be covered by more snowfall. She had been very careful to erase her own scent on strong herbs before she left the territory of her homeground.

Cutting through ThunderClan territory was always risky, it was an act that made her heart beat faster in her chest and caught her breath in her throat. The RiverClan warrior knew that she was trespassing, she knew that she was breaking the warrior code by being here, but passing through ThunderClan territory was the only way that she could possibly dream of seeing her mate. A mate that a few argued that she should never have taken to begin with. But who was she to deny the feelings she held for him, a tom who had just as much to lose as she did by continuing their affair.

It had been almost a year now since Wisteriastar had taken Hornetstar as her mate, and seasons since she had given birth to their litter– who remained hidden away safely under the care of Saplingskies and his mate Nightbreeze. She had taken this journey through the territories in the dead of night to catch sight of the ShadowClan leader many times now, and not once had she been detected. However, it did not change the anxiety that lurched within her with every step she took beyond grounds where she knew she should not be stepping.

Anxiety– such a word should never be placed in the same realm as the RiverClan leader, who was known for her strength and almost brutish behavior. The calico warrior wanted to scoff. It was almost like she had fallen from her throne. 

Wisteriastar moved carefully through the greenery that thrived in ThunderClan territory, making her way slowly, carefully, to the ShadowClan border. Her orange eyes surveyed the area before she crept closer to the border and took a defensive crouch underneath nearby shrubs. Here, she would wait for her mate to arrive.

Tyler
    Participant

~Wildstar~
    Leader of ThunderClan

There was something about midnight strolls that helped to clear the she-cat’s head, and lately Wildstar had needed quite a few strolls to help her get back to where she needed to be mentally. She was a leader now and the clan depended on her for survival but.. well, being a leader was kind of boring. While a deputy’s job was more hands on work, being a leader meant trusting others to do the job that she had done all by herself for a long time. Now all there was to do was sit in her den, watch over Sunnyheart in her first few sunrises of being deputy, and think about how to implement the changes she’s been itching get done for moons. Now that she had all this free time she really just didn’t know where or how to start. Sometimes she would go and annoy Peachblossom or chat up Snarlingbadger but the truth was that they all had jobs that kept them busy and she was more or less stagnant. 

Is this the light Hazelstar saw in me? Wildstar wondered, the tone in her head slightly annoyed. The calico could remember how Hollystar had always made time for her, and now she knew why. Trailing along the ShadowClan border, the newly minted leader weaved around the pine tree border that separated their land until she came to an abrupt stop. “Who’s there?”

Being a ThunderClan cat meant that even the slightest disturbance in the forest floor was noticeable as most of their time training was spent memorizing the underbrush how to navigate it, using it to their advantage. Someone was hiding. Upon further inspection she was met with the familiar pelt of the RiverClan leader who was definitely far from home. “Wisteriastar?” She asked, a confused look etched onto her face. “What brings you all the way out here? Did you get lost?” She chuckled, not even bothering to take a defensive stance. Never mind the code, even now as a leader Wildstar understood that their friendship allowed for some bends in the rules for the right reasons. They were very different sometimes, and other times they were too busy bickering to see how similar they actually were in their actions and core values. They each loved their clans. 

Tori
    Participant

– W I S T E R I A S T A R – 

Who’s there? Her heart pounded fiercely in her chest, like a caged bird that fluttered helplessly inside its bars to try and escape. She had been found, and her exposure right now was the last thing she needed, on top of Troutstrike’s threat that already hung over her like a guillotine. She had been careless before and evidently her urgent need to see her mate as soon as possible had left her quite reckless if it got her caught all the way out here in ThunderClan territory. Wisteriastar gritted her teeth, stifling a hiss of frustration as the ThunderClanner advanced to spot the intruder in their territory. Thoughts of escaping interrupted her thought process– would she be able to outrun the other warrior if she tried? However, before she could come to a decision, the familiar voice of the ThunderClan deputy, Bluefire, reached her torn ears. 

The former rogue did not sound aggressive or accusatory of her presence on ThunderClan grounds. It made her stiff muscles relax, but just slightly. What excuse could she come up with, from right off the tip of her tongue that could explain why she was out here? Her mind raced as she tried to lie, but she knew that she was caught red-pawed and on top of it that she appeared clearly disheveled. Wisteriastar was aware that her time in the Clans was coming to a close. She couldn’t stay here any longer. She would no longer be welcome. The truth was that she was slipping to ShadowClan territory to ask her mate to leave with her and that she could tell their kits that she loved them one last time before they left. 

Would her friend understand her struggles or would she condemn her for her mistakes like the other Clan cats would? The ThunderClanner had never been the type to follow the rules to a T, so the RiverClan leader decided to take a chance and be honest for a change. She was tired of the secrets.

“Ah, good evening, Kass.” The calico feline sat up straight and did her best to greet her old friend with a smile, but it was a pitiful shadow of happiness. “I’m sorry to be a bother, I’m just passing through. This will be the last time I’m around here, after all.” She knew that her words were vague and that they didn’t provide any necessary information, but Wisteriastar was still a prideful and stubborn cat at the end of the day. Not only did she not want to tarnish her own reputation, but that of RiverClan, her kin, Hornetstar or his Clan either… “I have no choice but to leave the Clan I love. After tonight, RiverClan will be undergoing a change of leaders.”

Tyler
    Participant

Wildstar
    Leader of ThunderClan

The RiverClan leader before her looked disheveled and unkempt. Had something happened? This wasn’t the often standoffish and regal leader she’d come to know, no this was someone else entirely. Who did this to her? “You look.. awful,” she let out without thinking. She let the calico speak, listening as she apologized for being on ThunderClan’s land. For the last time. Last?” She sputtered for a second, taking a step back and trying to decide what her next move was. She’d just admitted to trespassing, something that she’d been blamed for not too many moons ago. 

The two she-cats where very alike in a lot of ways, but something had always held them back from truly being friends. They were possibly allies sure, but the war had tarnished anything that could have been anything more meaningful between them. Wildstar took a deep breath, “What do you mean last time?” She asked again, voice wavering on a lashing. She listened to her speech about leaving- wait, she was leaving her clan. 

Despite herself, the she-cat snorted. “RiverClan won’t be the only ones. WindClan er.. well, lets just say that Desertstar is about to make an appearance at the MoonCave and as for me..” She offered the other leader a toothy smirk, “You’re talking to the newest leader of ThunderClan. They re-named me though, the stars or whatever. They’re calling me Wildstar now.” She filled her in. 

“But what is this I hear about you not having a choice?” She asked with a tilt of her head. “What could possibly be going on that they’d drive you out over? Besides, where would you even go?” 

Tori
    Participant

– W I S T E R I A S T A R – 

The agitation from the other feline was something she somewhat expected– while Kass was a cat she knew liked to tease others, she didn’t seem like the kind of cat that appreciated being spun around in circles herself. She probably didn’t like the obscure way Wisteriastar was speaking, but unfortunately for her, the RiverClanner wasn’t going to provide her with too much information. When the now-named leader informed her of her promotion, the calico warrior smiled softly at her. “I see, well congratulations to both you and Desertstar. Though, I’m sure you’re missing Hollystar as well,” She added, noting the ThunderClanner’s former mate. However, she didn’t seem to have the same sort of sympathy for the evident death of Wolfstar. Especially not after the old tom had threatened her now deceased son.

Of course she did not expect for Wildstar to simply drop the subject of her presence here in ThunderClan territory. When she continued to prod her with questions, Wisteriastar remained calm underneath the inquiries. “It appears that there is someone within RiverClan that desires ill-will for me and my kin,” She informed, “In order to protect them, I must leave RiverClan. Where I will go, I’m not entirely sure. But I cannot stay with the Clans any longer.” Even though she was calm and matter-of-fact, she was unable to prevent the sadness from edging her words.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Silence in Comradery ((Kass+Wist))