Show Me What You Got [Honey + Bright]

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Sunlit Clearing Show Me What You Got [Honey + Bright]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash – Skyclan Warrior

Honeysplash padded along, his dark lips drawn into a grimace. Despite the warm winter sunshine upon his back, his mood had been soured. Firestar had saddled him with assessing this new ‘recruit’, another stray his brother had adopted. He cast a glance over his shoulder, eyeing the ginger molly. She was an odd one, strangely optimistic and bright for such a tumultuous clan-life. Would she really fit in? She had horrible timing, choosing to join while the clans were practically at war.

He stopped quickly, sending frozen slush skittering away from his paws. They’d reached his preferred training grounds for the winter. The snow wasn’t quite so deep, and the sunlight was warm and comforting. “Alright,” he mewed, clearing his throat. “So, Firestar wants me to test you. See what you can do, and what you need to learn.” He glanced away, feeling somewhat awkward. Teaching and assessing an apprentice was one thing. This was simply uncomfortable. “Let’s see how well you can fight, first. Take it easy though, don’t need any pulled muscles or whatever.” He crouched, wriggling his haunches as he gave her a half-smile of encouragement.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Lux.
    Chris
    Participant

Sparky trotted into the beautiful sunlit hollow her lengthy tail held highly aloft. Her pale blue eyes practically glowed with zeal as they took to the task of seeing where her combat skills stood. Having no more a clue than they did, she was very ready to find out!

After all, muscle memory might just be the only kind she had left. What secrets hid inside, she wondered?

“Geranimo!” Hollered the brazen orange tabby, cutting right through his words as she charged at her sparring partner without any warning whatsoever.

Something happened as she was racing towards him, sizing up the tom and determining where best to strike. The best analogy she could find to describe it, was descending down steps in the dark. She couldn’t see where her foot would fall, and yet somehow she knew. She knew exactly what to do here.

The loner vaulted high over his head first, her long legs carrying her with ease as she landed lithely behind her opponent on the gravel. Wasting no time, she went for his hind legs grasping them with her own forelimbs in a move intended to sweep them right out from under him. It all happened fairly quickly, even for her. And with the grace and purpose of a well-seasoned SkyClan Warrior.

Why is this so familiar? 

Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash blinked rapidly, utterly confused. “What was that-” his words were cut short as the orange she-cat sailed over his head. Her lithe legs carried her easily, and she landed safely behind him with a soft gravel-y crunch. As he whirled to face his opponent he found his hind legs being swept away, and he landed with a huff on his side. “W-Whoa,” he stuttered, watching Sparky with a mixture of awe and embarrassment. Frankly, he hadn’t expected such a performance from the she-cat. Getting put-down so easily made his ears hot with irritation.

He twisted hard, throwing himself towards the side and springing lightly to his paws. “Again, but this time without the distracting words,” he mewed. “Although, I suppose it may be an advantage depending on the situation. As long as you’re not concerned about being ‘weird’ or anything,” he mewed, a toothy smirk spreading across his maw. “Either way seems someone, at some point in your life, taught you somethings. I thought you weren’t trained?” Perhaps this orange fluff-ball of optimism was more than she appeared.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Lux.
    Chris
    Participant

“I’ve never given much of a hoot what others thought- ‘specially if we’re fightin.” She chortled, only slightly out of breath. The rush of connecting with the distant past was fading, and already she longed to throw herself back into combat, yearning to clutch at those tattered tendrils of memory hiding within her muscles fibers. It seemed nothing conscious would arise. But just the feeling of being near whatever it was, even if she could not touch it, was miraculous.

“Try an’ put up a bit of a fight for once! Else I might hafta tell that brother of yours. Don’t think you want his prickly head up your behind. Mighn’t get in th’way of the stick that’s already in there.” Cackled the outsider, squaring herself up for another round. She drew more heavily on her muscle memory, knowing this time he’d be expecting her skills. She found the memories there, how to flip, land blows, they flashed before her eyes though no more information besides the techniques themselves came.

Feeling a pit of disappointment form in her stomach, she swallowed it back and charged once more this time going for a full-on bearhug, she had very long limbs so they latched around him with ease, pulling his legs together in a move intended to bring him down like a hogtied cow. The move was unmistakably SkyClan, as few other cats could boast of the biceps to pull it off.

But, of course, she had no way of knowing this.

Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash relaxed his muscles to soften the blow as Sparky tackled him. He grunted in annoyance as she quickly trapped his limbs. ‘How in Starclan does she know this,‘ he wondered, as the orange she-cat executed a nearly perfect Skyclan style pin. When used amidst the fear and adrenaline of battle it could incapacitate a foe. But the golden tom knew the move’s weakness well and arched his back violently, breaking away from Sparky.

How in the world did you know that, you odd-ball?” he mocked, giving the she-cat a genuine smile. He was enjoying himself. After all, it’d been many moons since his last apprentice, and that hadn’t gone so well. “Were exactly are you from? I feel like you haven’t shared the full story here. By all means you shouldn’t have known how to execute that move.

Now it’s my turn to show you. Think fast!” He reared up on his hind legs, battering at her before plunging his forepaws downwards in a stabbing motion. She had brutish strength, but did she have the agility to match him? He was one of leaner, faster cats in the clan. After this, his assessment would be complete. But … something didn’t feel quite right. She was genuinely more talented that she ought to be. Was she parented by an ex-clanner? Had she been spying on them? He needed to find out, and he needed to tell his brother.

Chris
    Participant

When her opponent finally managed to break away, the loner staggered to her feet breathless but exhilarated. Her robin egg blue eyes shone with zeal. A thirst for some unspoken desire was at long last finally being quenched here. Though she’d found no answers, the orange she-cat felt she’d stumbled upon something so much more.

“No clue.” She panted, then reiterated. “I swear on…your starry cats, I haven’t got a clue who I am. But my body never forgets.” She glanced woefully at her long limbs. If muscles could talk…

She was thankful he did not seem too prejudiced, unlike his brother. When he reared up, she met him by headbutting his exposed gut with her hard skull, with just enough force to hopefully wind the tom and do no major damage beyond just that. Finally, a use for that empty brain! Though maybe not the wisest action for a recovering head trauma patient. Luckily Saffrongaze wasn’t watching just then, she could only imagine her melodic voice scolding her and threatening to withhold their evening dinners she’d come to enjoy since her recovery.

Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash frowned, feeling not-so-satisfied with the orange molly’s answer. ‘What in the stars,‘ he grumbled to himself. ‘Someone trained her, but who? She’s either clan-born or trained by an ex-clanner. Not like this is coincidence.‘ A list of possible candidates ran through his head, but didn’t have anything solid to work with.

Sparky’s headbutt was expected retaliation, despite her previous head injury. The honey-colored tom had already interpreted her as ‘stubborn’, though perhaps ‘hard-headed’ would be more appropriate. He leaned out of it, reducing the strength of her blow as he crashed to the side. He spun on his paws, smashing his own skull into her exposed side as he countered. He pushed through, sending them both toppling to the ground in a bundle of sprawling limps and fluffed fur.

Alright, alright,” he mewed, calling off their sparring match. “You’re unnaturally good,” he said, dusting off his ruffled coat. He’d surely be sore later. “Let’s head on back, I’ll tell Firestar about … things …” His voice trailed off, his brows furrowing. “There might be more to figure out, but you’re definitely warrior material.” He turned, taking the lead towards camp. “Going to suggest the name ‘Thickskull’ for you, given how much you like to smack your head into things,‘ he joked.

Chris
    Participant

The outsider rolled to her feet, standing tall as the sun beat down on her shoulders. Pure energy was coursing through her entire body like a rushing river. Despite the fact that the exercise had yielded no clues about her identity, she still felt as though she’d recovered something lost. A love for fighting. Maybe she’d never know why, but half an answer was better than none.

A laugh erupted from her chest as she shouldered the tom roughly, a playful gleam in her eye. She could easily go several more rounds, but he had a point.

“And I’ll suggest that he change your name to Softbelly. Maybe next time you’ll be coming for me to tips, Clanmate.” She grinned, as they began the trek back to the camp.

She was on her way. But to what, remained unknown.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Sunlit Clearing Show Me What You Got [Honey + Bright]