She Shines Brighter than the Stars

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest She Shines Brighter than the Stars

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

StartledCrow ~ WindClan Medicine Cat

At first his dream was quiet and almost blank, of course that was usual for the tomcat. He had gotten very good at blocking out the usual souls of StarClan knocking at the blackness to try and overtake his dreams. However, tonight had wasn’t strong enough to keep his mother at bay. A slender white and speckled she-cat pushed through the barriers created by her son, bright aqua blue eyes finding the dark grey and black striped tabby Tom sleeping peacefully. “Startledcrow… dear Startledcrow. I need you to follow me.” Whiteash coaxed softly, using her nose to tenderly nudge Startledcrow’s figure, before his inner soul rose from his slumber. Startledcrow blinked slowly, his left eye which was usually a milky blue was clear and all seeing as he gazed up at his mother, but a rather angered and disgusted expression quickly took over his facial expression. “Get. Away. From. Me. Whiteash.” He hissed, ears pulled back for a moment as he looked up at the she-cat, whom  didn’t appear surprised with his reaction. “Now is not the time, Startledcrow. Someone is in great need of your help.” Whiteash meowed softly as she turned to walk away, while Startledcrow flared after her form but he couldn’t help but push himself up from the ground and hurry after the white and grey speckled star-outlined feline. “Wait… who needs my help?” He meowed, as his paws moved swiftly against the dark black grass like ground as he hurried after his mother’s figure.

Whiteash ignored Startledcrow, as she continued to walk deeper and deeper into the star speckled grounds, which only caused Startledcrow to snort as his dark grey nostrils flared with annoyance.  Great…. I can’t believe this. He was greatly annoyed that his mother was dragging him anywhere but if someone was in need of him then he was not going to argue with her. As they walked, his blue eyes began to wander away from his mother as he looked out around the area, noticing that there was a particularly large amount of StarClanners were beginning to gather spermatically. “Wow… there’s so many.” Startledcrow muttered softly, his eyes flickering from one StarClanner to the next. “Yes. They can sense you and another very sensitive feline near by and sometimes others can be a little desperate to be heard.” Whiteash spoke with a matter of fact tone, chin tilting slightly for a moment while Startledcrow almost tripped over his own paws. “There’s someone else… like me?” He questioned, his eyes suddenly brightening with a searing curiosity. “There is… and she needs your help.” Startledcrow felt his ears stand up as his mother spoke and paused in her movements, causing him to blink as he was forced to follow his mother’s gaze.

Standing ten feet away was what appeared to be a young cat as they walked along the edge of what appeared to be a border than he could not see, his pupils narrowing slightly. The feline had a lovely golden tabby pelt that reminded him of Nettlenose’s pelt, which splashes of white here and there. She appeared to be confused as if she were looking at someone but couldn’t quite see them. “Who is she…?” He questioned but Whiteash ignored him, prompting Startledcrow to slowly walk forward. Startledcrow was strangely drawn towards the young molly but he was unsure of why, perhaps this is what the spirits felt like when he was around. “She’s is as much a part of your destiny as you are for hers.” Was all Whiteash said before he licked eyes with the young feline. Something white hot went through him as they looked at one another, she was not familiar but at the same time she was. “Gah…” He groaned in pain as he gazed at the young feline, so many spirits were calling out to her but none seemed to be able to be getting to her, except perhaps him. “Hello?” Startledcrow meowed on a strained voice, stopping five feet away from her.  Something about her was mysterious and he was drawn to it.

Pheebs
    Participant

Morningpaw stepped forward, dizzy for a moment as confusion washed over her. She rarely dreamed but when she did it always hit her a second after she realized what was happening, like now, it was as though she closed her eyes and reopened them, thrown into a different world. A world reflecting her own. Morningpaw didn’t like to dream.

“He-hello?” The apprentice stuttered out, golden tail wrapping close to her body. The sky above was littered with stars, so many stars that it made the night sky bleed with light unlike what the sun could provide. Morningpaw couldn’t say it surprised her, every time she did manage to dream the blanket of Silver Pelt was less strung with stars and more jam packed with them. Points of light fought to take dominance in the murky blackness and if Morningpaw was being honest it seemed as though they were flaring and dimming, certain stars glowing brighter than others. ‘It’s like they’re competing…’ Another thing that happened whenever Morning managed to dream was the stares.

“Is anyone there?” The Thunderclanner looked around, almost frantic now. Each time she stepped into a dream world, no matter the setting, she could feel eyes boring into her. No one appeared in her dreams but she could’ve sworn she wasn’t alone. Morning swallowed past a lump of fear intermingled with hope and lined with the under tones of panic. None of these feelings fit right with her, like they’d been shoved into her, aside from her own wariness. The prickle in her pelt was definitely not her own doing, because what reason did she have to be angry? And the tears in her eyes couldn’t be sadness since Morningpaw had no reason to be sad.

The golden apprentice froze, blue eyes locking onto a tom not too far away. Before she realized what her paws were doing the apprentice was darting forward, the strange emotions that didn’t feel like her own fluctuated between distant and close too-close-too-much. Morningpaw stumbled a bit as a wave of mixed feelings crashed over her, choking on panic and relief. ‘What’s wrong with me?!’ That question was put to the side as her focus was soon drawn back to the tom in front of her. He was familiar in the way that a memory was, blurry here and clear there. 

“Hello?” Morningpaw stared, breath caught in her lungs. “H-Hi… Hi!” She perked up, “Do you-where… What are-…” Morningpaw stopped, forcing herself to slow down. She couldn’t communicate when she was so worked up like this. “I don’t know what’s happening.” “With me, with this dream, with these feelings that aren’t mine at all, with this certainty that someone-many someones-are looking at me.” Morning didn’t say any of that, but it was implied in the way she shrunk in on herself, body trembling with the tell-tale signs of anxiety. 

“I know you, right?” The question was tumbling out a second after it appeared in her mind. The dark furred tom was definitely recognizable but for whatever reason Morning was struggling with pinning down the exact reason why he was so familiar. She would ask for his name but… But it felt improper, like asking an old relative, who you ought to already know, what their name was. 

Feared
    Participant

He could tell that the young she-cat had noticed because she instantly began to rush towards him, her blue eyes wide with confusion and her own mixture of fear. She was scared. Could she sense the spirits all around her? His ears laid flat against his head in worry and hesitation as she ran straight towards him as if he were the savior in the dark, and perhaps to her… he was. But she was certainly shining brighter than any star he had ever seen. “Hi there.” He spoke slowly and softly so not to appear as a threat, she was huffing and puffing as she struggled to gather her breath, which caused him to smile softly. “Shhhhh. Just breathe.” Startledcrow meowed, he was resisting the urge to step forward and just wrap himself around her to comfort her, but he found himself hesitating, they both didn’t know who each other were and scents didn’t work in dreams. He frowned as she meowed fearfully, she was clearly very young and his heart aches for her. Startledcrow had died and come back in order to be so sensitive to the spirits of StarClan but she was barely an apprentice and the spirits were surrounding her endlessly. “Begone.” Startledcrow growled, moving closer to the she-cat as he wrapped his body around her, unable to resist. The starclanners had no choice but to register Startledcrow’s command, he was alive and in ways he was stronger within this dream. Once the spirits had stepped back far enough, he looked down at Morningpaw and cleared his throat.

“This is just a Dream, little star. My….” He felt chocked as he tried to say his name, his head turning to the shadows to see his mother’s expressionless face, she was taking his ability to speak his name as he was infuriated. “These feelings may not be your own.” He finally meowed and looked down at the young she-cat, his smile tender and gentle. “StarClan is all around us, they are attracted to you. But there’s nothing scary about that, they are our ancestors and you are a very special cat.” He purred, trying to calm her fears. As she questioned if she knew him, he gave a single nod, if she didn’t already then she would eventually. “You might, Little Star.” He tried to speak his clan and name but they chocked within his throat and all he could do was wince. “Crow and Wind.” Was all he couldn’t manage, his eyes watering at the effort that took. “If nothing else, remember that.” He nodded and touched his nose to her forehead, their bond of destiny forever intertwined.

Pheebs
    Participant

Morningpaw practically melted into the tom when he wrapped himself around her, taking a strange amount of comfort from him simply being there. Typically it would take longer for her to feel safe around strangers, even longer to be able to touch them without immediately breaking out into a bout of nervous stuttering or shrinking away. “Begone.” Morning blinked rapidly, the strange ball of not-quite-her-own emotions slipping away, freeing herself of the weight that’d been pressing against her chest. 

‘How are they not my own…?!” The golden apprentice ducked away so that she could face the taller feline, azure eyes wide. “Starclan is all around us, they are attracted to you…” The Thunderclanner frowned, uncertainty touching her eyes. “Why, though? Why me?” Morningpaw wanted to deny what “Crow” seemed to be claiming, but found it harder as evidence piled up. Even as a young kit she’d only ever slept comfortably beside her mother, any other time starlit skies and distant stabs of anger, depression, anxiety, and the like would haunt her sleep. It was why Morning was such a light sleeper, really. 

“M-Mor-rning…” Morningpaw swallowed hard, a distinct burn blazing down her throat as she tried to say her name. Morning tipped her head up, accepting the nose that touched her forehead as a welcome touch. As a nervous tic she began to bat at her pink collar, more than anything wishing to see her mother’s familiar face if only for a moment. 

“Why are you here?” The golden tabby was working under the assumption that Crow was a living cat, as his pelt wasn’t laced with stars the way she assumed a Starclanner’s might. Not to mention his mentioning “Wind”… ‘Windclan, maybe?’ “Are, are you special? Can you feel them like me?”

Feared
    Participant

Startledcrow was having some difficulty with speaking, his throat was aching and his tongue was feeling rather heavy within his mouth. Grunting faintly, his bright blue eyes flickered towards the side to catch a slight glimpse of his mother’s pelt in the shadows before she turned away. “I-I don’t know.” He finally managed to say, his pupils narrowing slightly as he looked down at the smaller cat, noticing for the first time that she was wearing a pink collar. Perhaps she was a kitty pet. “Are you a kitty pet?” He questioned with ease, which caused him to believe that this wasn’t the case, StarClan didn’t want either of them to know hardly anything about one another. “M-Morning.” He repeated, struggling to speak the name as he believed that there was more to her name than he was hearing, swallowing the words painfully he gave a brief nod in her direction before he hesitated at her question. Why was he here? Whiteash has said that their destiny’s were intertwined but he was unsure how he could be so connected to a kitty pet.

“Honestly… I don’t know.” The dark grey tabby tomcat admitted, his tongue clicking against the roof of his mouth in irritation before he gave a brief shrug. “But StarClan wanted me here for some reason.” Startledcrow muttered softly, while his eyes found her face once more as she pulled him out of his own thoughts. He blinked in a stupefied manner as she question whether he could feel the spirits around them? “You can feel them? I c-can s-se-see..” Startledcrow started to cough, his throat burning as the words were choked from him, causing him to squint and shake his head. “Yes…. I am like you.” He gasped softly, his ears drawn back in pain as he looked down at the young she-cat. “Crow and w-wind. Don’t forget.” He meowed pointedly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest She Shines Brighter than the Stars