Save What Has Been Lost {Lostpaw and Darkbird, Closed}

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Save What Has Been Lost {Lostpaw and Darkbird, Closed}

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Cupcake had been waiting for hours, waiting for the cover of darkness. These cats didn’t want her here, as evident by the way they had just let their coldhearted leader change her name to Lostpaw. The name made her absolutely sick, and she would never call herself something so horrendous… so she was leaving, plain and simple. She would have left sooner, but she wanted to preserve some of the dignity that these brutes had tried to strip from her. She didn’t want any more cats staring at her. She slowly crept out of the den she had been instructed to sleep in, and scanned the clearing for any signs of life. It seemed that everyone was asleep. Once she was sure the coast was clear, she bolted to the entrance, moving across the ground like a streak of black and white lightning. One would assume she had all four of her legs due to the speed at which she ran. Within a few seconds she was out of the camp.

She continued to run until the camp was out of sight, then slowed to a walk. She limped along in silence, hoping she’d be far away from these ‘clan’ cats by sunrise. If she could find her way back to town, maybe a nice human would take her in. A human that loved her despite her being broken… but if her own housefolk didn’t want her, and other cats didn’t want her… why would anyone want her? Her ears flattened to her head as the thought entered her mind. Maybe she should just lay down and die somewhere, then. That thought didn’t stay in her head long, as her leg suddenly got caught in a small bush, causing her to trip and fall to the ground. That was the last straw for Cupcake.

“Stupid bush!” She snarled, leaping to her feet and turning to face the hazard. She started tearing at the plant with her claws, shredding the leaves and breaking the branches. “Stupid forest! Stupid missing leg! Stupid Firestar! Stupid Clan! I hate it here! I hate my life! I wish that car had killed me!” She continued to take her anger and frustration out on the plant as she threw her tantrum, until it was nothing more than a pile of shredded leaves, branches, and roots. She stared down at the carnage for a moment, before crumpling to the ground with a sob. Why had her life gone so wrong? She thought she was a good cat, why was she being punished? What did she do wrong?

Feared
    Participant

Darkbird ~ SkyClan Warrior

Darkbird was no idiot, anyone would have to a fool to not see the hurt that had overtaken her facial features and the way her body slumped with defeat. He had left her alone for a small while, enjoying the close presence of Rookfall for as long as he could before he had noticed that his new apprentice had slunk off into the shadows behind the den. Leaving small paw prints in her wake as she hurried into the shadows of the birch forest. Darkbird kept a healthy distance behind her, the air was dry and felt electric with her energy. His stone grey pelt dotted with whites and blacks blended in perfectly with the bark from the birch trees, his shoulder fur lightly scraping against the trunk for a brief moment before he lowered himself into a crouch. Lostpaw was trying to figure her way around the territory, she was close to being in the right direction but she wasn’t used to having to track her way around.

As he stayed to the shadows he could hear a lot of movement up ahead, causing an eyebrow to arch as he quickened his pace. What he saw was a feline in need of comfort. Forest cats were usually feral and didn’t give much thought to being caring and thoughtful of others or their feelings, DarkBird seemed to be a different breed entirely. He could be just as savage as Rookfall or even Foxpaw, but there was gentleness to his soul that prohibited him from being emotional unkept. Cupcake was swearing up a storm as she took her anger out on the bush, golden eyes watching her silently as she proclaimed she hated the forest, her missing leg, Firestar and whatever else that had crossed paths with her today. Car? He thought silently to himself, the word foreign to him as he watched Lostpaw crumble to the ground. Thats my cue. He thought silently as he pushed himself from the shadows, willing to be seen.

His movements were slow, but he allows his paws to land on a few crumbled leaves to announce his arrival. “Rough day?” He half smiled, but he knew that was an understatement as he slowly walked towards her, lowering himself into a sitting position just in front of her, his gaze soft. “I know this has been rough on you, Cupcake.” He chose to use her Kittypet name, he did not like the name Firestar had chosen but the big brute did everything for a reason. “But you can talk to me. Scream out your frustrations and I won’t say a word.” He smiled softly, his long tail slowly dancing out behind him.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

The sound of crunching leaves interrupted the she-cat’s pitiful sniffling, and she immediately went on the defensive. Her hackles raised as she hissed in the direction, ready to dig her claws into whoever had found her. She just knew those ruffians were coming to drag her back, and this time she would not be going peacefully. She would rather die than go back there. But, she was surprised to see Darkbird, the tom that had been so nice to her. She relaxed just a bit, but eyed him suspiciously. Had Firestar sent him after her so she would let her guard down? “Why did you follow me?” She asked, eyes narrowing. “Did Firestar send you after me to keep me from leaving? Does he want to keep me prisoner so all you clan cats can mock me?” In the back of her mind she knew she wasn’t being fair to Darkbird, but in the heat of the moment she was just so angry.

“Look everyone! Gather around to see the FREAK with three legs! Her name is Lostpaw because she lost her leg! It’s FUNNY!” Her claws tore into the earth beneath her, tears streaming down her face. It was clear that the events that had transpired earlier effected her deeply. After a moment she reached up and dried her tears before looking at the spotted tom. “I… I’m sorry, Darkbird. You didn’t do anything wrong, I shouldn’t take my anger out on you after you’ve been so kind to me. It’s just… I feel like I’m being punished for a crime even though I haven’t done anything wrong. It’s not like I asked to lose my leg.” She gazed back at her stump, a soft sigh escaping her. Up until a few months ago, she had been a normal cat. All four legs were right where they were supposed to be, and everything was perfect. Oh, how quickly things can change…

Feared
    Participant

He blinked slowly as he looked into the face of a terrified young she-cat, she was exhausted, hungry and full to the brim with unchecked rage. Who could blame her? As if her missing leg hadn’t already been a spectacle, his leader had made it a point that no one forget. Golden colored eyes roamed her face silently as Lostpaw vented out her fury, fur sticking up in angles as she expressed her worry and anger. He stayed silent as she verbally attacked him, allowing himself to Ben her punching bag. Wasn’t he everyone’s punching bag at one time or another? Clearing his throat for a moment, he couldn’t help by symptomize with Lostpaw, he didn’t have to go through any of this humiliation… but he knew the loss of something. He didn’t dare speak as she continued her rant, his ears twitching as she called herself a freak. Thats a bit harsh.. He thought to himself, slowly running his tongue over his dry lips as she assessed her hurt and lonely expression. In this moment, Lostpaw reminded him of a small and lost duckling looking for its mother.

Slowly he released a sigh as she hesitantly apologized, her eyes beginning to clear from her rage. “You have nothing to apologize for, Duckling.” DarkBird seemed to be in thought for a moment, the tip of his tail twitching before his facial expression cleared. “Living out here in the wild is vastly different than living with two-legs. Cats have to be twice as tough and even more cunning… the strongest survive out here.” He began, but lowered himself into a laying position so he wouldn’t appear to be threatening as he spoke. “Firestar isn’t always fair, nor does his rule always have reason. But because he is so strong willed and brave, this Clan has survived through many hardships, Duckling. Your name may be crude but you can push through it, this name does not define you Lostpaw. You are more than a cat with just three legs, you are a survivor and out here.” He paused, eyes searching her face. He bore many scars, all over his pelt, but his muzzle held the more noticeable scar of all. It ran from the top of his muzzle to his upper lip, as an apprentice an eagle had tried to lift him up from the ground, catching hold of his muzzle while the sharp talons had torn through his skin. Leaning closer his eyes glimmered, “Out here we wear our scars with pride. We aren’t as pretty as kitty-pets… but we are proud. Every scar marks a battle. Marks a moment in time where you survived the inevitable.” DarkBird smiled, eyes flashing towards her missing leg and he shrugged. “I don’t see a freak. I see a survivor that beat all the odds against her. She just has to see it too.” The dark furred tomcat allowed a soft purr to tickle the back of his throat.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Cupcake listened to Darkbird’s words silently, emerald eyes tracing the scars that tore through his pelt. She thought he still looked pretty handsome despite them, but she kept that thought to herself. Besides, a few scars weren’t the same as having your entire leg removed through no fault of your own. She pushed a small stone around on the ground in front of her, seeming to be lost in thought. There were a few tense moments of silence before she finally spoke up.

“I was hit by a car.” She didn’t look up at Darkbird as she spoke, she just continued to fiddle with the stone. “The vet was able to fix my other injuries, but she couldn’t fix my leg. I went to sleep with four legs, and when I woke up I had three.” It never really occurred to her that the words she was using would be foreign to the tom. “With all the rotten luck I’ve had lately, I’m starting to think I was meant to lose more than just a leg. My housefolk must’ve thought so too, seeing as they just up and kicked me out four months after my surgery.” She laid on the ground, head resting sadly on her paws. “I’m no survivor. I’m just an unwanted kittypet.” She wasn’t exactly sure what that word meant, but everyone kept calling her that word, so she figured it had to be bad. Everything about her seemed to be bad to most cats of SkyClan.

Feared
    Participant

Mostly everything this young molly said was confusing to him, clearly whatever a car was it was very dangerous. Getting hit by one seemed to cause serious injuries! However, he didn’t dare interrupt her story or even ask what her strange words meant. A vet…? From the sound of a vet it sounded similar to their Medicine Cat’s, although he was unsure if their Medicine Cat’s could have them put into a deep slumber in order to remove a leg. He had never heard of it. How odd it must have been for Lostpaw to suddenly awake and be missing a part of yourself, frowning slightly for a moment he only wished to lean forwards and rasp his tongue over her small forehead. She clearly didn’t think much of herself. 

Now he knew the word house folk, Blazestar had been a former Kittypet and she would use that word all the time to describe her two-legs. However, everything else just seemed to be a blur with words but it didn’t matter, the way she laid down and stared at the ground in such a depressing matter made the tip of his tail twitch. “I.. don’t know much about house folk. Or vets and surgeries.” He gave an apologetic smile, but he stood up and moved to sit beside of her, lowering his head to gently lick her shoulder blade. “But I do know StarClan. You must have been saved and led here for a reason, Duckling.” He smiled softly for a moment, staying quiet before he sighed. “But I do not want to force you to stay if you don’t want to.. I can help you get back to the two-legs place.” He finally meowed, looking down at her. 

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Cupcake raised her eyebrow at the confused look that crossed Darkbird’s face when she mentioned the car. He didn’t ask what it was, but she could tell that he didn’t know. “Um… do you know the big, shiny things that the… the twolegs ride around in to get places faster? They make super loud noises and make the ground tremble when they’re nearby? Those are cars.” She explained, tail flicking “And a vet is like a medicine cat, except they’re a twoleg and they don’t use herbs.” Her whiskers twitched as he said that she had survived her ordeal for a reason, that she had been saved and led to the clan on purpose. To her that sounded like a load of pebbles, but she didn’t say anything. She didn’t want to offend Darkbird.

She perked up at his offer to take her back to town, but quickly deflated again. “I don’t know what to do, Darkbird. I don’t have anywhere to go if I go back to town, and my housefolk will never take me back. I don’t think I have any choice but to stay here if I don’t want to starve, freeze, or get murdered.” She let out a frustrated growl and swatted the pebble she had been toying with away, sighing as it landed somewhere in the shadows with a small thud. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, not wanting to get all worked up again. After a few moments her eyes opened again, her gaze slowly drifting back to Darkbird.

“What’s StarClan?” The question was quiet and earnest. She’d heard some of the other cats talk about it throughout the day, but no one ever said what it was. From what she had overheard, it sounded good. Was it really the reason she had survived the car?

Feared
    Participant

DarkBird ~ SkyClan Warrior

He was impressed that she was willing to take the time in order to explain her strange terms for what he knew as monsters. Realization crossed his facial features as he gazed down at her, giving an abrupt nod as he half smiled. “Oh… we always just called them Monsters.. I suppose ‘car’ does sound better.” Darkbird huffed, suddenly feeling silly for what they called the loud and shiny two-leg monsters that prowled along the dark black path. “Oh… a vet sounds horrible.” He managed to say with a straight face, but honestly his stomach had dropped to a dark pit at the description, finding himself shaking out his dark speckled pelt before he looked back down at Lostpaw. She seemed excited for a brief moment at the concept of being led back to the two-leg place, but she had a point, he only needed her to see it. “Yes.. living out in the wild is not an easy task. It’s filled with many dangers that you are not yet familiar with. But with the proper training you can tackle these day to day challenges and gain some confidence.” He reassured her as she grumbled and swatted away the pebble she had been momentarily toying with.

Ears perked up for a moment when she questioned what StarClan was, she sounds intrigued and fragile in this moment. A tender smile found its way along his dark lips as he lowered his head and gently nudged her shoulder with his nose. “I’ll show you.” He whispered, golden eyes bright before he stood up and padded a ways towards a large birch tree, half rounding the trunk before he looked over his shoulder. “Come.” He coaxed gently before he walked, the sky was dark and free of clouds for the night, which was the perfect opportunity. They hadn’t walked long before he stepped onto a large boulder, stepping held way up to the small worn out ledge upon the boulder, settling down as he waited patiently for Lostpaw to join him. Once she sat down, he used his long tail to gently coax her chin back while he also looked up towards the stars. “See that large cluster of stars over there? That is the pelt of StarClan, our ancestors. Clan cats and kittypets alike join the ranks of StarClan when they die, guiding their descendants and loved ones in life.” He spoke softly and gently, eyeing the starry sky for a long moment. “Clan leaders and Medicine Cats have a strong connection with StarClan, they are able to receive visions and dreams that help keep our clans on the right path.” He explained, looking at Lostpaw as he gave her a brief smile. “You May doubt why you are here, but StarClan doesn’t make mistakes.” He assured her, before looking back up to the sky.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Save What Has Been Lost {Lostpaw and Darkbird, Closed}