same old herbs, but new beginnings [Peach/Kass]

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp ThunderClan Medicine Den same old herbs, but new beginnings [Peach/Kass]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tyler
    Participant

“You know, you won’t be grounded forever.” Kass hummed in lieu of greeting as she stalked into den she’d once called a home. The same old stale herb smell wafted into her nostrils to make her eyes water just slightly, the ground beneath her paws caked into a cold well-trodden floor. “Besides, she can’t actually keep you from doing anything. In a lot of ways you have more pull than she does if you do it in the name of healing or StarClan,” she continued, bi-colored eyes blinking to adjust to the darkness of the cave. She was standing where her old nest used to be and for a moment she was still that rogue who thought it would make her feel better to mess with the confidence of a young apprentice. Not that it didn’t of course, making Peachblossom mad was an art form because of how small she was and how feisty she could be. If anything the medicine cat standing before her might be one of the only cats in the forest who knew the ex-rogue best. As scary as it was. 

“Remember when you were younger and I would say something to bait you? How you declared us enemies? I think Softbelly kicked me out of the den at least once almost every sunrise.” She chuckled sadly, “She was a good molly wasn’t she? A real saint truly.”

Peach
    Participant

Peachblossom had spent most of her day huffing and puffing away in her den, she knew Hollystar couldn’t realistically stop her from doing anything but she at least tried to follow Hollystars order. Kass voice entering her den gave her more energy, she had definitely grown quite fond of the deputy, learning to enjoy her company. A breathy snort exhaling forcibly from her nostrils at Kass’ words, “Try telling that to those egotistical leaders. If they had it their way medicine cats would be nothing more than obedient puppets.” A low growl rumbling from deep within her as she kicked an old moss nest into her disposal pile. Her anger easily overflowing from her small body, Peachblossom learned that she did not like being told what to do, “Everyone know medicine cats could lead a clan better than anyone else, probably why they hate when we speak up.”

“Oh Starclan you were the most annoying thing I had ever come in contact with back then.” A small chuckle following her words. Thinking back on the memories Peachblossom probably blew her hatred way out of proportion, something she seemed to be doing often more recently. Peachblossom never got the mentor-apprentice relationship out of either of her prior mentors, though she did still have a few fond memories of Softbelly. “She wouldnt have kicked you out if you were such a bitch back then.” Picking up on Kass drop on tone Peachblossom moved closer to the deputy, placing a paw tenderly on her shoulder, “But you’re right, she was such a gem, I just wish she was around to train me, maybe then I wouldnt have turned into such a pain. I think I ended up with more Kass in me than Softbelly.” Offering her a smile, trying to make her feel a little better.

“Also Bluefire? Where did you pull that name out of? Dont expect me to call you that, I think Kass suits you much better.” Removing her paw from the molly, her fluffy tail bopping her nose as she maneuver around the deputies body to sit across from her.

Tyler
    Participant

An ear twitched in recognition noncommittally as the pipsqueak of a healer began to rant. The deputy hummed in thought, “I think the leaders are just scared of a medicine cat’s power so they train them to think that they are sub servant while they are still young apprentices.” Her bi-colored eyes began to trace the walls of the den for another moment, “I mean, being a leader in the clans is different than being a leader. The medicine cats are the real leaders, a clan’s leader is just the one warrior of the whole lot thats least likely to blow anything up. I’d be scared of medicine cats too if I were spiritual at all.” She admitted with a shrug, “but I’m not so I guess you’re stuck with me.”

“Please, she would kick me out because you couldn’t go half a minute without scowling at me. I was a distraction,” she snorted with a shake of her head. “But it wasn’t like I was going to go sleep in Warriors’ Den. Have you been in there? It smells.” She deadpanned, nose scrunching up in disgust. She pretended to dodge the paw headed her way but in the end let it stay for a moment, unsure how to respond to the statement. “I think maybe it is good you never had a real mentor. You became more scrappy and directed your anger into your training, your craft.” She shrugged awkwardly. “Besides, without a mentor you have a chance to start a family if you ever wanted one. I can’t imagine Hareflight is very happy right now.” She pointed out.

She pulled a strained smile, “Well, I used to have this friend in the city who’d encountered a group of twolegs around her hiding spot. Apparently they have the ability to make blue flames somehow and according to her it burns hotter. I’m not sure if I ever burn anything but scorching so I figured it was a little fitting.” 

Peach
    Participant

Peachblossom slowly nodded at Kass’ words, if she hadn’t made it clear enough at the gathering she didn’t agree with how obedient the leaders wanted them to be. “I hope you remember all this when you become leader…well if you make it that far anyways.” Peachblossom did have high hopes for Kass as a leader, but in the end if someone chooses to challenge her leadership and wins then what’s done is done. 

Peachblossom let out a small snort at Kass clear distaste for the warriors den, “I do suppose they could do with some more self care. I don’t really blame you for not sleeping in there.” Peachblossom refused to set paws in that den, the warriors rarely changed their nest and you could tell. It was true, if Peachblossom had trained with a mentor she would probably be just like her fellow healers, who just sit there and accept anything that the leaders say. “I feel for her and Startledcrow, we all grew up together but they can’t have a family until their mentor dies. I think the rule change is needed, but I dont think this is a matter for the leaders to decide. It’s a medicine cat rule and should be decided by the medicine cats.” 

“Blue flames? How interesting. Well I do think if I had to describe you to someone a burst of flames leaving a blazing trail with every pawstep. Yes I do think its fitting for someone as fiery as you.”

Tyler
    Participant

“When I become leader?” Kass huffed, shaking her head disapprovingly and cuffing the younger feline around the ears. “I’m not going to become leader Peachblossom, you know that.” Had the medicine cat really been that blind to the rogue’s true intentions this whole time? “Think about it Peachblossom. Why am I here? Why do you think I am still here after all this time?” Kass had never fallen in love with the clan’s culture and fought it at every step, she questioned laws and why things were the way they were. She advocated for the creatures of the clans to use their voices, for her mate to voice what she wanted out of the other clans- out of life.

“I will never be leader of ThunderClan.” She promised with a gentle nod of her head. “Think about what you’re even suggesting, for me to be leader Hollystar would have to die before me. That will never happen. I won’t let it. Trust me.” 

Kass knew speaking of the death of a leader could have called for her own death back home, the mere feeling of these thoughts running out of her mouth led her to gag. The ex-rogue moved her gaze to the herb stash, rolling her shoulders as she let the medicine cat rattle on. 

Peach
    Participant

“While I have grown accustomed to you and think your presences in Thunderclan has been a big help, I still dont trust you not.” Shuffling backwards when Kass paw made contact with her small rounded ears. Letting out a small snort before continuing. Peachblossom never liked the rouge as an apprentice, something about her just never felt right. As the time when on between the floods and battles the healer had slowly grown to enjoy the rebellious attitude Kass brought to Thunderclan, but trusting the molly and liking her were two completely different things. “But whether you or I like it or not you are next in line to lead Thunderclan. Until you step down, die, or Hollystar names a new deputy.”

Her gaze shifted to the deputy, confusion rattling among her expression, “Wait do you really love Hollystar? Im a bit surprised to be honest I thought prehaps you were using the molly..well I still havent ruled that out but to think that The Mighty Kass might actually have feelings for another.” A short burst of air huffed out through her nostrils, “It almost makes you seem…like a normal cat. Careful Kass someone might see this side of you.” A teasing tone lingering in her words. 

Tyler
    Participant

Kass bristled under the topic in which the healer’s question switched to. Who was she to question the nature of her relationship with Hollystar? All she ever showed was complete compliance to the leader’s direct orders, a tolerance for public displays of affection, and an ease with the black molly that she didn’t have anywhere else. Wasn’t that love? Or at least enough? It had always been enough in her earlier years- Skylar had never asked for anything more and they worked well together, a special tandem team (plus her brother, of course). “Of course I love her! How could you ask such a question?!” The rogue snarled in defiance, suddenly pulling away from the apprentice-sized warrior all together with a look of disgust. 

She set a hard look on the healer who she’d almost been foolish enough to befriend. She wouldn’t make that mistake again. “If you have any more questions about my relationship with your leader, you can take it up with her.” She growled, turning on foot and marching out of the den. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp ThunderClan Medicine Den same old herbs, but new beginnings [Peach/Kass]