Running in the Rain // Hornet + Wist

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory The Stream Running in the Rain // Hornet + Wist

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Tori.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tori
    Participant

– W I S T E R I A S T A R –

Tonight, the rain pattered down in RiverClan camp, the sound of the drops of water hitting the surface of the rocks around her den was soothing and calming, but despite this, Wisteriastar felt restless. Almost a full moon has passed now since she was truly able to see her mate. She had always thought of herself as the patient type and the kind of cat that wasn’t quick to act despite her personal feelings, but she didn’t want to wait any longer to see Hornetstar again. This would be the first time that the two of them would be seeing one another since the discovery of ShadowClan’s new camp– the night in which they had finally established mutual feelings between them. The two leaders that pined for one another, where that fate would lead them she did not know, but she could only hope that they could persevere whatever limitations came before them. The anxious bubbling she felt deep within her told her that she wanted this more than she initially thought. It was almost like she was acting like some sort of lovestruck apprentice, waiting around all day for her crush to show up before she accomplished her duties for the day. Wisteriastar had never thought of herself as the type of she-cat that was so in the clouds that she couldn’t think of anything else, but here she was, determined to see her mate tonight, no matter how long she had to wait.

As she slipped silently out of RiverClan camp, the calico warrior, for the first time, felt a smidgen of doubt. She and Hornetstar had not yet set a certain time when they would see each other again, or if they would at all. Even if they had expressed mutually to each other that they were indeed falling for each other, was that night an impulsive moment of passion and nothing else? Would he regret his choice in choosing her now that he was back in his own camp, leading his Clan like normal life again? She didn’t know if Hornetstar visited their borders looking for her, for she had not yet the chance to try. The RiverClan leader paused in her trek to catch her breath, inhaling as deeply as her lungs would allow her. The fact that she wasn’t even halfway there yet and she was exhausted was a reminder to her the consequences of their romantic night together. Now she was expecting his kits and Saplingskies, ShadowClan’s medicine cat, who had taken his time to come to RiverClan and aid them in their battle wounds, had told her that she was going to be kitting in the next few moons. Since then, he had returned to his own Clan, and surely, had told Hornetstar the news that he was going to be a father. 

Wisteriastar did not regret her choices and she was looking quite forward to mothering a litter again, she just hoped that her mate was as eager as she was and that she would get the chance to see him tonight. The rain had now slicked down her calico pelt and exposed exactly how round her stomach was beginning to get– something that her long fur was normally able to hide relatively well. Having collected herself, the RiverClanner glanced carefully around to ensure that none of her Clanmates were near or following her before she continued on her way to the ShadowClan border. As she neared it, she felt her heart-rate pick up in anticipation, a feeling of longing tugging at her chest all over again as she thought of the honey-furred tom and her willingness to see him again. 

Hornetstar
    Participant

HORNETSTAR.

Too many days had passed without Wisteriastar by his side, as he had grown used to her presence while ShadowClan had been sheltering in RiverClan. It was only more of a sour point that right before the two Clans parting that they had secretly become mates, declaring their love right before their duties pulled them apart. He thought he would be able to handle the distance, which he really had managed quite well, until Saplingskies had returned with ground shaking… No, no – earth shattering news. Hornetstar hadn’t had much time to digest the news before they devolved into their characteristic vitriol, but even days later, he was still left reeling. The RiverClan leader was pregnant with his kits. Naturally mates tended to have kits, but he had never thought they would be in the cards for them. Though here they now were, stuck between a rock and a hard place because of one little night of passion. The irony was laughable, though the situation was far too dire to let his guard down.

Every night, since learning the news, he had been visiting the border in the hopes of seeing her. He knew it was purely hope and slightly ridiculous, but how else were they ever supposed to see one another? They hadn’t set up an official meeting time that night of passion, which had been rather stupid, with hindsight. Were they really such love struck apprentices that they forgot all their common sense? As thrilling as the situation and discovering this new romance was, forgetting their brains could easily cause this mateship to come crashing to a premature halt. Just the thought made him scowl, blood boiling as he thought of what Saplingskies would say then. Murder in any capacity was frowned upon, but he wasn’t certain he would be able to stay his paw if the medicine cat rubbed it in if their relationship didn’t last.

The rain had slicked his pelt to his body, muscles rippling as he moved through the sparse undergrowth that cropped up the closer he drew to ThunderClan’s border. He paused as a dulled scent drifted in on slightly stale air, straining his nose to pick out the scent through the rain. Recognition dawned quickly, green eyes lighting up as he peered into the gloom. “Wisteriastar,” he called out hesitantly, softly. One never knew if someone else might be lurking anywhere nearby. He was pretty certain ShadowClan territory was free of any lurkers, but he wasn’t sure the same could be said of ThunderClan’s territory. “Over here!” Hornetstar felt like a kit being caught sneaking out of camp, heart racing as he waited for her familiar beautiful form to melt from the shadows.

Tori
    Participant

She didn’t know how long she had been waiting out here, in mild temperatures with the rain pelting down her calico pelt, before she heard a hasty whisper of her name nearby. Her tattered ears pricked, her head whipping around quickly as she caught of a striking, familiar pair of green eyes from the shadows of the undergrowth. Her heart jumped up to her throat at the reality of seeing her mate again, it throbbed with longing and pining as it pulled and tugged her faster to the border. If Rainysky, or Saplingskies for that matter, knew that she was lurking around, late at night and in the rain, she would surely be scolded but right now she didn’t care about any of that. Wisteriastar slipped carefully beneath the bushes and came face to face with Hornetstar once more. “Hello there,” She breathed, playfullness lighting her eyes as she dipped her head forward to touch her nose against the ShadowClan tom’s softly in an affectionate greeting. “Fancy meeting you here.” 

The RiverClanner pulled away, stopping just a whisker away from him so that she could still admire his strong, square facial features in an appropriate length away. “I wasn’t sure if I’d get to see you again,” she admitted softly, something akin to hesitation hiding beneath her tone ever so slightly. Feelings like insecurity and doubt were not familiar with her, for Wisteriastar had never had to fight to get a tom to face feelings for her or to struggle to draw someone she wanted to her company. This whole experience was foreign, not to mention mating with a tom from outside her own Clan, or a leader at that. “But I’m glad that I caught you tonight, even if it is raining.”

Hornetstar
    Participant

HORNETSTAR.

His breath hitched in his throat as his eyes met hers, instantly getting lost in her amber depths. The golden tom probably could have drowned in them if she allowed him, but her playful voice pulled him back up the surface, an almost devilish smile curling his lips as he was brought back to reality. Maybe one day he could afford to sit and stare into her eyes for hours, but not tonight. They would need to return to their Clans soon, and should focus on enjoying each other’s company before that time was upon them. “Crazy, huh?” He rumbled in a deep voice, the beginnings of a purr stirring in his chest. Just being in the same vicinity as her was putting his mind at ease, helping him truly relax.

He allowed himself a dopey minute to get completely caught up in her once again, breathing in deeply as she moved closer, their noses touching ever so lightly before she was once again pulling away. An overwhelming part of him just wanted to pull her right back in, hold her close and never let her go again. Why had he fallen for one of the cats who he could only ever have a complicated relationship with? “All you have to do is just close your eyes and concentrate, and I’ll be there whenever you need me,” he chuckled, jumping to put any of her worries or insecurities to rest. Part of him was just as frightened by this whole new door their romance had opened, but he was just as excited to explore all the new possibilities. Being open and soft wasn’t his usual approach to things, though being around Wisteriastar and starting to more easily show that side of himself was refreshing. He had never realized how trying pushing everyone else around him away truly was.

“A little rain is worth it, seeing you. I… I missed you,” he breathed, an overwhelming amount of emotions suddenly welling within him now that he had spoken the words aloud. Unable to control himself any longer, he surged forward and pressed himself close to her, swiping a tongue over one of her ears as he drew her close and breathed her in again. “So, kits, huh?” He finally poised, unable to stay quiet on the topic much longer. They were going to bring life into this world together, and he wanted to make certain he knew how she felt about this. After all, he knew the last thing either of them would have ever been expecting was her becoming pregnant.

Tori
    Participant

A feeling akin to pining surfaced from deep within the depths of her being as a charming smirk blessed the golden tom’s face, an expression in which not many ever got to see on his face. After all, playful was perhaps one of the last things anyone ever would have described Hornetstar as being. And the bellow of a purr that rumbled within his chest made her feel so very special. The RiverClan feline was absolutely sure that no one other than herself got to see this side of him. She really was a special molly, wasn’t she? 

His words of endearment meant all the world to her, it was almost like she was in the clouds as he promised his feelings for her. His attachment to her. That he would be there for her. It was more than just romantic, it was a promise, one that held so much meaning and significance that she appeared to visibly soften before her mate as he muttered these sweet nothings to her. But the fact of the matter was that they weren’t nothing, not to the two of them. 

At the ShadowClan leader’s confession of longing to see her, Wisteriastar couldn’t help but smile shyly in response to his words. In all truth, shy was far from who she was, but there was just something about being in company with Hornetstar that reverted her into some love-stricken senseless apprentice-aged fool. But she wouldn’t have it any other way. This connection that they had was so special and so unique that even if they wanted to, they couldn’t fight the pull that fate had for them. “I missed you too,” she breathed, her reply almost smothered by the sudden smothering of the golden tom as he pressed forth and drew her close to him. The feeling of the soft rasping of a tongue over her ears drew a purr from her and she nuzzled herself into his shoulder, simply giving herself time to enjoy their embrace. 

“Yes, kits,” she laughed airily, relieved to hear the topic come from him first. She knew that he knew of course, Saplingskies was sure to have told him once he returned back home to ShadowClan’s camp. His unwillingness to let the conversation slip from them made her think that, perhaps, it was something he may have wanted… Even if it was unplanned. Not to mention his sweet murmurs of missing her before he thought to bring it up, it was like he was assuring her that he still wanted to be with her even if she was suddenly pregnant with his kits, seemingly out of no where. “Saplingskies told me that I’ve been expecting for… At least a while,” She whispered, unwilling to part her muzzle from the ShadowClan tom’s shoulder, almost as though she was still hesitating his reaction, even if he was trying to hard to erase her doubts from her mind… It was so hard to put faith into an unexpected pregnancy, even if it were with someone you so desperately yearned for. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory The Stream Running in the Rain // Hornet + Wist