Repercussions (Fire & Blaze)

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Leader’s Den Repercussions (Fire & Blaze)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Roach
    Participant

Firebird ~ Skyclan Deputy

The air around him was tense and the silence was thick as Skyclan make their way back to camp from the gathering. Oh the gathering, what a nightmare it was indeed! Firebird knew he had messed up greatly for falling for Kass’s poisonous words that caused him to loose his cool. What happened back at the ghostly flats was nothing like him at all, he was usually level headed and knew when the time was to step in. And yet, he had openly disrespected not only Starclan, but his clan as well. Firebird knew it would take time to rebuild his image to his clan mates, especially to Blazestar. His ember gaze flickers over toward the leader that was several feet ahead of him. The Maine Coon had wisely chosen to hang back along with Honeysplash, knowing the fury radiating off of Blazestar was indeed directed towards him. He wished that he could explain why he did what he did, to reason with her that yes what he had done was wrong but if he hadn’t interfered it could have been so much worse.

Kass was showing outward aggression toward the leaders, especially when she jumped on to the boulder that held all the leaders for them to conduct the gathering. She had gotten in Wolfstar’s face, revealing her dislike towards the leader, boasting about how much better she was than those within the clans. He sensed that if he hadn’t stepped in, Wolfstar or maybe even Hornetstar would have acted out. In his opinion seeing a leader act aggressively during a gathering was far worse than a simple deputy. Of course, that did not mean he did nothing wrong, but he simply believed that it was better for him to have to face judgement than one of the leaders. Firebird could not help but think, ‘What if it had been Blazestar that Kass threatened? Or what if it had been Blazestar to respond aggressively toward the new Thunderclan deputy’s taunts?’

A tired sigh escapes his dry rubbery hued lips as all he wanted to do was return home and to sleep off the events of today. Though, he knew better than to get his hopes up, there would definitely be repercussions of his actions. The warning from Blazestar that once they got home rung clearly in his mind, no he would not be getting sleep anytime soon.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Roach.
    Vox
    Participant

blazestar.

The gathering had been a disaster, to say the least… Especially for Blazestar. Her supposedly well-behaved deputy got in a fight with ThunderClan’s newest rank, Kass, and made a fool of not only himself but her as well. She had led SkyClan back to their half-destroyed camp, nodding in acknowledgment to the cats that had stayed back from the gathering to help with repairs. I wonder how they will react once they hear what happened… Firebird is probably really going to struggle these next few days. The thought of her deputy reminded her that they were supposed to have a talk, so she paused briefly until he caught up to her from his place further back in line. “Firebird, come here,” the ginger tabby ordered, leading him over to her den.

Once the two of them were safely in the leader’s den and out of earshot, Blazestar sat down with her tail curled over her legs. “Firebird… I dislike Kass just as much as you do. I don’t think anyone outside of ThunderClan really likes her at all. But what you did…” she sighed softly, “was incredibly mouse-brained. She was acting mouse-brained as well, but you made a fool of yourself and our entire clan by reciprocating.” She couldn’t deny that she was secretly impressed by how willing he was to defend against Kass’s taunts, but saying that would probably make him feel as though his actions were okay. She would reveal that later once everything had died down. “I’m going to give you a chance to explain yourself. I’m sure your reasoning is sound, even if your actions were irresponsible.”

Roach
    Participant

Firebird~ Skyclan Deputy

’Great…’ he couldn’t help but think as he noticed Blazestar’s pace slowly down as if waiting for someone, and unfortunately he knew exactly who she was waiting for. Lightly flicking Honeysplash’s flank in a silent gesture of saying he would be back, hopefully. Sighing as the fiery and sandstone ginger tom pauses a few meters behind her, no sound was heard between them. The thick silence enveloping around the two felines before the pale ginger leader broke the uncomfortable atmosphere with her simple yet firm words. Looking up from his paws, his ember gaze landing on Blazestar as she gives him a look that screamed, ‘follow’. Ears flickering, giving a stiff nod for her to lead the way.  Muscles tensing and recoiling with every step he takes, following behind his leader as they head towards her den. He figured that’s where they would discuss what had occurred during the gathering. Warmth clung to his thick pelt as he slips into the leaders den, letting his gaze wander in curiosity before letting his eyes settle on her once more.

Firebird decided he might as well settle down before her instead of standing. Grunting as he settles down, a dull ache throbbing through his body. Yet he held his emotions back, not wanting to reveal the discomfort that he was feeling. Licking his dry lips, clearing his throat as he listens attentively to what she was saying. Of course he knew that he had royally fucked up, but in a way he was going to be more affected than anyone else, well besides Blazestar. “I know” he let out a frustrated sigh, not towards her but toward himself. “I played right into her hand. I just couldn’t sit there and let her disrespect you and the other leaders. Even mocking our way with Starclan…” he trailed off as he looks toward the ground. Absentmindedly pawing at the dirt beneath his large paws.

“Of course it doesn’t make it right, but Wolfstar looked like he was ready to attack her at any minute. A leader fighting at a gathering? There would have been more chaos. I acted on instinct…it’s not like my intentions were to fight her. More like shift her attention” Firebird added with a simple shrug. “It’s my duty to protect just as much as it is yours. Sure I know you would have been fine with having nine lives, but I was looking out for not just my clan, but I suppose the others” he muttered the last part. Paper-thin tufted ears pinning against his skull in slight embarrassment as he revealed a part of himself that he hid well. Sure, he seemed indifferent to the other clans, but once a common threat was apparent, he was one to stand up not sit in the shadows.

”I know you do not approve, but you should know me. I am not one to sit idly by when some cat threatens us like that! I know I could have handled it better, and I accept any repercussions for my actions. But I do not regret standing up, just on how it went down” he firmly stated, his tone tilted with passion as his blazing gaze locked with green.

Vox
    Participant

blazestar.

Blazestar listened to Firebird’s testimony intently, her gaze softening as it went on. Kass’s mockery and aggressiveness would’ve probably provoked everyone but the most patient cats, and she couldn’t blame him for acting on instinct. She probably would’ve done the same thing in that situation if she wasn’t so worried about making enemies with the other clans. The leader could see the guilt and shame of the cat in front of her, and once he finished and locked eyes with her, she let out a soft sigh. “I completely understand the reasons for your actions. If I wasn’t so worried about making enemies while our clan is at its weakest point… I probably would’ve responded the same way in your situation.”

A small smile creeped across her maw as she remembered her time as deputy and her sense of duty to the clan… The feeling of needing to protect what was important to her. Blazestar was certainly empathetic towards Firebird’s situation, but it didn’t excuse the fact that he had lashed out. “I know that you had your intentions in the right place, how you reacted was wrong and irresponsible. As much as it pains me to do this, there will need to be consequences for what happened. If the other clans found out that I just let you off without any consequences, they probably wouldn’t be too happy about that.”

Roach
    Participant

Firebird~ Skyclan Deputy

”You wouldn’t be you if you didn’t stick to the code” he smiled softly, his tense form relaxing ever so slightly. Firebird was glad that Blazestar understood his reasonings, he already knew that he would be punished for his reckless actions and would accept whatever she dealt to him. All he cared about was that she agreed with his actions or at least sympathized with how he reacted to kass. “I don’t think I would like to go to a gathering anytime soon” he signed, brows furrowing with stress as he could just imagine how others will perceive him after the gathering. “What is my punishment?” He inquired with a tilt to his large wedged cranium. His ember eyes flickering away from her gaze as he takes a moment to look about her den. He hadn’t really been in the leaders den before and it was almost exactly what he had expected. The den was cozy, yet in a way plain, as if Blazestar was hesitant to show case her personality in her own space. Or maybe she was and he just couldn’t specifically pick it out due to not knowing her as well as he would believe.

“Though….” Firebird trailed off with a smirk. “We could always say you punished me?” He suggested with a small grin. Flicking the tip of his tail in content as he was glad he was able to explain himself to his leader. “I have a feeling that Hollystar won’t reprimand Kass for her action” he said with a dramatic eye roll as everyone knew that they were together. Hollystar’s mind was already clouded enough to make someone like Kass a deputy, so it wouldn’t surprise him if the Thunderclan Leader let Kass’s actions slide. Biting his lower lip as he thought about his clanmates, slowly he looks back towards his leader, “How should I earn the respect of my comrades again?” He couldn’t help but ask. Sure maybe not all looked down upon him for his display at the gathering. Yet, he knew that there would be those that would look at him differently. Firebird wasn’t the most social deputy out there, but he still cared for his clan and hated to see or hear those within Skyclan looking down on him or questioning his roll as deputy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Leader’s Den Repercussions (Fire & Blaze)