Remeetings and Truths [Mercury and Harepaw – CLOSED]

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory Tall Pines Remeetings and Truths [Mercury and Harepaw – CLOSED]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Harepaw scrambled through the territory to where she had originally found the rogue, Mercury. The storm had been rough and the territory had been dangerously flooded, and Harepaw had to know if Mercury was okay. They had survived up in the mountains, but who could say if they would have survived if they had stayed here. She just hoped that Mercury had found somewhere to shelter from the storm. She couldn’t explain why, but she felt a strong connection to the rogue. So, the small calico she-cat was trodding through ShadowClan’s territory, her amber and blue eyes bright and observant. Obviously, she couldn’t exactly call out for them, but she surely hoped that they would be here.

Letting out a sigh, she sat down where they had met previously, whiskers twitching nervously. Harepaw wasn’t entirely sure what she would do if Mercury didn’t appear – was she just to assume they were dead? She couldn’t wait out here forever. Shuffling her paws in the ground beneath her, she waited, silently and attentively, hoping Mercury would appear.

Vox
    Participant

mercury.

Finally, this damn storm is over, Mercury thought, walking around the muddied remains of ShadowClan’s territory, feeling lonely without all the noises of the forest around them. All the prey was scared off or dead, and every cat was gone, with signs of a hurried escape. Everyone had evacuated. The scents of the clans were all but completely washed away, making it even more surprising when Merc scented a cat nearby, tinged with the bitter scent of herbs. “Wait, isn’t Harepaw one of those medicine cats?” They thought out loud, an excited smile spreading across their maw. Finally, a chance to tell her what I found out!

Mercury started to sprint in the direction of the scent, a streak of orange against the drab greens and browns of their surroundings. It wasn’t long before they saw a calico furred cat  sitting in the spot where the two of them had first met. “Harepaw!” They called out, padding over to her with a spring in their step. “I’m so glad you’re okay!” As much as they wanted to tell Harepaw what Zeke has told them, it could wait until after they had caught up with eachother.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Harepaw was beginning to get anxious. What if someone noticed she was gone? Or worse – what if nobody noticed she was gone and they moved on without her while she was still waiting here? Luckily for the apprentice, she didn’t have to wait long, and soon there was a streak of orange and Mercury had appeared. Harepaw stood, a grin splitting her maw, and relief flooding through her body. Of course Mercury was okay. They were tough and they knew how to look after themselves. Now, looking at the other feline, Harepaw felt silly for even questioning that.

A purr rose in her throat and she took a couple steps towards the other. “Mercury! I’m glad y-you’re okay too! I was worried, what with-with all the rain, and the wind, and the fl-flooding.” Harepaw shuddered, shaking out her pelt. Although the rain had stopped well before now, sometimes Harepaw still felt as if her fur was thickened by water. “Where did you go to keep safe? S-ShadowClan went up in-into the mountains.” Her brows creased as she thought back on the experience but she flicked an ear dismissively. “It was a long way to go with s-so many sick cats, but we did alright.” She smiled again, her stump tail wagging.

Vox
    Participant

mercury.

Hearing how Harepaw had spent the last moon or so in the mountains made Mercury’s ears run hot with embarrassment. “Well… I sheltered with twolegs. It was awful, but it was enough to keep me alive.” They said with a shrug. “At least I was able to get away… I know a lot of cats who weren’t able to escape the twolegs they sheltered with.” Seeing their sister so happy despite everything she had been through was enough to cheer Merc up, and the dead look in their eyes was all but gone. However, that happiness soon ended when they realized they still hadn’t told her about Zeke.

“Before we get too comfortable, there’s something I need to tell you.” Mercury said, taking a deep breath. “I’ve felt something weird around you. Almost like I’ve seen you before…. I bet  I you have too. That’s because we’re siblings. We have the same dad.” They blurred it out almost all at once, their golden gaze immediately filling with regret. They had no clue what their mother had told Harepaw about her father and why he was gone… What if she thought he was dead? Or what if she wasn’t told that her dad was a rouge? What Merc saw as just another fact could easily be a heartbreaking revelation for the far more nervous apprentice in front of them. “I don’t know what our mom told you about who your dad is, but whatever it was, it’s probably wrong.” They grumbled, looking away shyly as they waited for Harepaw’s response.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory Tall Pines Remeetings and Truths [Mercury and Harepaw – CLOSED]