Questionable Beginnings [Soft, Dream, Evening, and Tiny]

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Berry Flats Questionable Beginnings [Soft, Dream, Evening, and Tiny]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Two ginger tabbies walked side by side through Thunderclan territory sharing tales and gossip as they hunted. “I can’t believe I missed the gathering.” Softglow sighed, tail tip twitching. “It sounds like so many things happened there and here I was, asleep in the warriors den as if nothing important was going to happen.” The molly kicked at the grassy clearing, turning her head to look at her sister. “But at least I have you to tell me everything that happened.” She smiled, gaze turning to the flat area they were in. The berries were slowly blooming on the bushes, indicating a warm few moons. 

“So, tell me…” Softglow paused dramatically. “Did you meet anyone? And you know what I mean by that.” The feline teased her sister, taking a few steps forward as she sniffed the air to smell any prey. Seemed like they heard us coming. Oh well, at least we get a chance to chat. Settling down on a patch of grass, Softglow turned to listen to Dreamfeather’s response. 

After a few moments, Softglow glanced a bit passed the clearing and realized how close they were to the Windclan border. “It smells like them.” She noted. Windclan wasn’t a particularly bad smell, the smell of the moors and rabbits could be appealing to some. But Softglow knew that her heart lay with Thunderclan, she could never live without seeing and smelling the pine trees and the streams. It was her home. 

Two ginger tabbies walked side by side through Thunderclan territory sharing tales and gossip as they hunted. “I can’t believe I missed the gathering.” Softglow sighed, tail tip twitching. “It sounds like so many things happened there and here I was, asleep in the warriors den as if nothing important was going to happen.” The molly kicked at the grassy clearing, turning her head to look at her sister. “But at least I have you to tell me everything that happened.” She smiled, gaze turning to the flat area they were in. The berries were slowly blooming on the bushes, indicating a warm few moons. 

“So, tell me…” Softglow paused dramatically. “Did you meet anyone? And you know what I mean by that.” The feline teased her sister, taking a few steps forward as she sniffed the air to smell any prey. Seemed like they heard us coming. Oh well, at least we get a chance to chat. Settling down on a patch of grass, Softglow turned to listen to Dreamfeather’s response. 

After a few moments, Softglow glanced a bit passed the clearing and realized how close they were to the Windclan border. “It smells like them.” She noted. Windclan wasn’t a particularly bad smell, the smell of the moors and rabbits could be appealing to some. But Softglow knew that her heart lay with Thunderclan, she could never live without seeing and smelling the pine trees and the streams. It was her home. 

Eveningstorm ~ WindClan Warrior

The tall and broad tomcat was less than amused that he had been paired with TinyFlame for the border patrol, apparently other cats within the Clan had noticed that the two cats had not been talking, or really having anything to do with the other and it was honestly starting to affect everyone. Eveningstorm and TinyFlame usually had a great connection, since they were mentor and former apprentice. That kind of relationship usually allowed two cats to get to know one another fairly well, and well.. TinyFlame wasn’t happy with him. For whatever reason she felt as though she needed to be the voice of reason for him, flirt or don’t flirt. Pink nostrils flared slightly in annoyance as he side glanced towards the tiny wee warrior that was stalking beside of him, she honestly didn’t look any happier than he was.

Dark amber eyes roamed around the grounds, the tall green grass was swaying slightly, the tips turning a burnt golden color to indicate they were done growing. Blinking slowly he breathed in deeply, the sweet scents of wheat and honey grass were tickling his scent glands, causing a slight grin to rise along his lips for a brief moment. Stepping out from the thick brush that surrounded the field, the sun was instantly blaring down on the large tomcat. For a WindClanner he was truly built more so for ThunderClan, having long legs graced him with a tall height of most WindClan toms. However, he was far more muscular than the normal WindClan cat, his muscles flexing with each step under his dark brown tabby pelt. White fur covered his chest, throat, muzzle and part of his face, although his eyes were still masked with the dark tabby markings. Grunting slightly, his whiskers twitched anxiously as he silently wished he was anywhere but here, with TinyFlame, just one words from him could make the young molly explode. “The gathering was surely interesting. Never a dull moment, huh?” He grunted, just to make conversation. However, his mind was trailing every now and then towards a she-cat that he had seen at the gathering. She had delicate features and lovely golden tabby fur, her eyes had been enchanting and perhaps that’s why he had simply stared at her after he had accidentally bumped into her.

The mystery molly. He thought to himself, he hadn’t had the chance to catch her name but she had possibly been one of the most beautiful cats he had ever laid eyes on. Swallowing a wad of saliva, his mouth opened slightly as he found himself panting from the heat of the day, glancing towards the border of ThunderClan, although he didn’t quite see the two mollies just yet that were chit chatting in the woods. She was ThunderClan wasn’t she? He wondered silently, his dark amber eyes flickering towards a brush as he walked forwards, giving the leaves and thick stems a sniff, the scent of WindClan was a bit stale, leaving him to rub his side against the brush. As he walked away from the brush, his nose suddenly tingled with the scent of lavender and moss.

Slowing his pace to a stop, his nose lifted in the air as he breathed in the luxurious scent, mouth watering slightly before he opened his eyes and turned his head in the direction of the scent. The she-cat was a bit away but he could smell her, trotting just a bit closer to the border line, while ignoring TinyFlame all the way. Eyes narrowing as he could just see the two she-cat rounding the trees, obviously they were sisters. However, he could spot his mystery she-cat within a mile radius, his heart hammering in his chest as her smile high lighted her features. She was even more beautiful in the sunlight. “Hello, mystery.” He greeted from his side of the border, a grin rising along his lips as his deep voice filtered from his lips smoothly.
    —–

Things between Tinyflame and her former mentor had been less than ideal lately. Her short temper had yet again gotten her into a bad situation and Eveningstorm was not giving any hints that he would be forgiving her this time for it. After all, she hadn’t ever given the tom a bad attitude before she was given her warrior name. She was surprised enough as it is that he had even given her a polite greeting at the gathering, one of which was dramatic enough for all five Clans.

Perhaps this disruption of their peaceful lives is what lead the ginger striped feline to go willingly on a border patrol with the dark furred tom. There would be no time for squabbles with whatever this omen hanging over their heads would fore tale. When Eveningstorm spoke up, her ears pricked forth and she lifted her head to glance at the tom. “Ah, yes. It surely was.” And that was all that had came tumbling out of her mouth. Even if she was getting over their spat, reconnecting with him would take time. And right now, things just felt awkward.

Tinyflame was going on along with their border patrol, evenly spraying the scent of WindClan along things when she noticed that Eveningstorm had gone off on his own. The tiny warrior looked left, then right, and then she noticed that he was bounding off toward the border, in the direction of a pair of she-cats. At the sight of this, her jaw dropped and she felt her hackles rise. Are you kidding me! She thought incredulously.

Huffing, she stomped over to where he stood, overhearing the drawl in his tone as she approached. Though, she couldn’t say that she was surprised that he was flirting with the first pretty cat he saw. “What exactly are you doing?” Tinyflame demanded, her blue eyes flashing between him and the cats at the border with pure disbelief.

—–

“It certainly sounds like trouble.” Softglow murmured nervously, wondering what would happen next. Would the tribe cats return? Would the clans let their members go? There was no telling what would happen next. The ginger tabby listened to her sisters’ words, trying to make sense of what happened with no avail. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tribe cat before. Are they different from us? Bigger?” She asked, curious to find out every detail of what she had missed.

Though Softglow was only joking about meeting a mysterious cat from another clan, Dreamfeather seemed to have an actual answer. The warrior furrowed her brows in worry, “Don’t think about him too much.” She started, her voice gentle. “If he’s from another clan, you know nothing can happen – and it shouldn’t.” Softglow was far too anxious to ever consider a forbidden romance. The feline stayed in her comfort zone and rarely strayed from it, though her sister seemed to be more sure of herself. “Besides, there are plenty of nice toms in our own clan!” The molly added enthusiastically. Though, none of them seem very interested.

“I can’t imagine it either. I love living under the trees. It just seems so… open over there.” No protection, no ability to hide. It was rather frightening.“You are pretty slow.” She teased, giving Dreamfeather a smile. Before the feline could say anything else, she was distracted by the scent of what seemed like Windclan warriors coming their way. This was confirmed when she saw a tom appear directly across the border. Softglow immediately took a step back, unsure why he seemed so relaxed when he was so close to their border. Then, he greeted her sister. Is this the tom from the gathering that she was talking about?

Her green eyes went to focus on another warrior who scolded the Windclan tom, obviously angry about the whole situation. “You shouldn’t be here.” Softglow protested, though her words were not backed by the same fire the Windclan she-cat had. “Dreamfeather… Let’s go please.”

—–

Dreamfeather tilted her head as she listened to her sister speak. “Not really.. They didn’t seem all that different from us at all,” she murmured, shaking her head. However, as she began talking about the cat from the gathering, Dreamfeather’s plumy tail waved dismissively. “I know, I know.” If Softglow had said more, she didn’t hear it, because that was when her emerald eyes locked on a shape coming towards her.

Her face lit up and a smile split her maw. It was all at once as though the molly was back at the gathering, locking eyes with him, except this time she had the pleasure of hearing him talk too. She was drawn in by the sound of his smooth voice and the scent of holly and roses – a lovely scent -, but was abruptly cut off from her silent gushing as his companion spoke. Dreamfeather’s green eyes widened, finally shifting from dark tabby to the much tinier warrior. The size difference between them was amusing. Even as Softglow spoke, Dreamfeather’s gaze shifted to her, although it seemed as though she wasn’t quite focused on her sister, her eyes were unfocused and wide as if she were in some kind of trance.

Then she snapped out of it.

Her thick orange tail waved above her and she gave a grin, bumping shoulders with her sister. “Don’t worry!” Then, once more her eyes fixed on the mystery cat and it took a moment for her to prepare her words. “You. I can’t believe you’re here.” Her smile grew and she took a couple steps closer to the border. “What’s your name?” She asked softly, her head tilting slightly. “Dreamfeather – That’s mine.” Dreamfeather wasn’t sure she’d ever seen a cat with eyes as enthralling as his. A deep amber, the colour of the rising sun, and she found that she needed to really focus to hear what anyone else was saying.

—–
    Eveningstorm ~ WindClan Male
    He would be lying if he didn’t enjoy the fact that when those bright green gems landed on him, her facial expression lit up and lifted into the most dazzling smile. He took a step forward, almost as if he were in a daze from her eyes being locked on his. He would have gotten closer to the border line if it weren’t for the fact that TinyFlame suddenly jumped in his line of sight, her fur ruffled and her eyes wild with rage as she presumed he was going to mildly flirt with a female outside of the clan. He hesitated for a moment as he noted the expression on his former apprentices face. “TinyFlame.. I am simply going to say hello, try to be on your best behavior. Would ya?” He replied in a calm tone, although his dark amber eyes were blazing with annoyance and warning. Honestly, the younger cat needed to just butt out of his game or he would torment her whenever a tomcat tried to make advances towards her.
    Grunting, his eyes lifted from Tinyflames face in time to see Dreamfeather turn her head to whisper something softly to the she-cat that was standing too close. Why would that bother me? He thought silently, chin tilting when she looked back at him, her bright green eyes drawing him again, her orange fur almost the color of a raging fire with softer accents as she stepped closer to the border, ears standing upright as her gentle and harmonious voice graced his hearing. “Me.” He hummer softly, before clearing his throat and giving her a polite nod. “I know? What are the odds that now I get to formally apologize for accidentally bumping into you at the gathering.” He grinned, letting his head tilt ever so slightly. His dark brown tabby fur was ruffled from his excitement at seeing his mystery cat.
    Lips parted slightly as he prepared to give his name, although she quickly added her name in before he could speak. He didn’t mind, actually his lips rose as he admired the name that had been given to the she-cat, silently mouthing her name to get a feel for it before he finally spoke. “It’s nice to meet you, Dreamfeather. My name is Eveningstorm.” He confirmed, now they were both no longer mysteries to each other. Dark sunset colored eyes flickering towards the golden striped she-cat beside of him, using a broad paw to gesture in the direction of TinyFlame. “This here is my… former apprentice, TinyFlame.” He introduces the two she-cats, although he had hesitated simply because he wanted to call her his friend. She was probably his best friend, but with their on going fight he just wasn’t sure. He glanced towards Dreamfeather’s companion and dipped his head in greeting towards the other orange tabby, while his eyes quickly looked back towards Dreamfeather. She was his main focus and if he didn’t watch himself he would cross this border just to be closer.
    —–

Eveningstorm had nearly tripped over himself just now, in his rash attempt to go greet the ThunderClan she-warrior on the other side of the border– so much so that he had nearly crossed the border to see her! Indignant, Tinyflame accompanied him stiffly to greet the pair of other felines in front of them. Though, she knew just by looking at them that they weren’t as interested in her as they were her former mentor. Especially that one ginger warrior, who couldn’t seem to take her eyes off of him.

The dark-furred tom’s scolding towards her only tempted to raise her temper even more-so. Behave? Me? Who are you kidding! You’re the one acting like a love lost apprentice right now! From a cat from another Clan, no less! This was utterly ridiculous and Tinyflame could hardly believe what she was witnessing. She had always known her mentor to be flirtatious and to let himself go sideways to catch a pretty cat but this was beyond the scale of what she knew him to be. Even with his flaws, he had always been a respectable warrior. Surely, he wouldn’t break the warrior code just to flirt with a she-cat?

Perhaps against her better judgement, Tinyflame decided to trust Eveningstorm, trying maybe somewhat desperately to save their crumbling friendship. Deep blue eyes flashed towards Dreamfeather as she introduced herself and then back towards her former mentor as he announced himself, as well as she– without her say-so. So far, they had not done anything inappropriate, so she had to remind herself to keep herself in line. Even if the situation caught her uneasy. The tiny warrior took a look over at the she-cat beside the ThunderClan warrior and noticed that she was perhaps as uncomfortable about the whole encounter as she was herself.

—–

Being the only one who hadn’t had their name revealed, Softglow decided she’d like to keep it that way. The ginger tabby didn’t want to get herself into any trouble, and this meeting certainly seemed like trouble. Shifting her paws nervously, the molly prayed that Starclan would send a sign of disapproval – something that would stop this sinful flirtation. Softglow held her breath while she waiting for a flash of lightning or something to catch on fire, but nothing happened, nothing to indicate that this was, at the core, wrong. Though, it still felt wrong… 

Softglow locked eyes with the small windclan she-cat, Tinyflame was it? She seemed just as uncomfortable, if not angry. The ginger molly noticed how Eveningstorm had hesitated when introducing her as if there was some animosity between the two. Giving the warrior a sorry glance, she turned her focus back to her sister and the tomcat. She wanted to interfere but didn’t know how. That was the problem. Just like her name, the she-cat was far too soft and timid to actually say anything. She wished she had the confidence that the three around her seemed to have, but she was unlucky in that case. Softglow was never the one to stand up for herself or say anything when something bad was going on. She was the one who dealt with the difficulties in silence.

Furrowing her kitties brows at the tom named Eveningstorm, she pawed at her sister, trying to get Dreamfeather’s attention. “They’ll be wondering why we’re gone.” That was all she could say, not ‘hey we’ll get in trouble’ or ‘hey you mouse-dung, this is against the code’, just a simple little excuse.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Eveningstorm. A fitting name – his eyes reminded Dreamfeather of the intense colour evening brought, and she could already tell that like a storm, he’d entered her life quickly and unrelentingly. The orange tabby couldn’t help giggling to herself – she’d gone completely mushy in the presence of this tomcat. “Eveningstorm,” she grinned, then fixed her green eyes on his companion. “Tinyflame. So lovely to meet you both.” Her fluffy tail swayed behind her in excitement and she focused once more on Eveningstorm. “I’ll forgive you for bumping into me… this time.” Dreamfeather offered a wink, her grin growing. “Don’t let it happen again.”  However, as she felt a paw tap her, she glanced to her sister.

“Don’t be silly, we’re out hunting. We’re warriors, not apprentices, we are allowed to be out.” Dreamfeather rolled her eyes, chuckling. “Go ahead if you want – I just want to stay and chat for a bit. It’s nice to have a day outside of the gathering to talk with cats from other Clans, don’t you think?” She leaned in, bumping shoulders with her sister. “Everything is okay,” she mumbled softly to her, offering a smile.

Feared
    Participant

The Tom could easily notice that TinyFlame and Dreamfeather’s companion were uneasy with speaking across the border with one another, clearly it made the mollies nervous that they would get caught. Caught doing what? Saying hello? He thought to himself with a soft snort tickling the back of his throat as he glanced towards TinyFlame for a moment. Her jaw was set in a tight line, she was clearly upset with him, causing a soft sigh to leave his lips. “You don’t have to stay here with me. You can go along if you want, I’m not gonna hold you back.” He muttered to his supposed friend, her tension with him had been growing more and more electric and honestly.. he needed a break from her constant nagging. There were things he didn’t like about TinyFlame but he didn’t constantly chew on her tail for them. Grounding his jaw together, his dark amber eyes fluttered back towards Dreamfeather as she spoke. 

A crooked grin began to shape its way along his soft white lips when she played along with his apology, his long feathered tail swaying side to side in a calm manner, but the dark brown tabby fur along his spine was beginning to rise out of excitement. Did she just wink? He thought to himself, arching an eyebrow for a moment before clearing his throat. “Of course, I’ll make sure I’m more careful.” He grinned, although he refrained from sending her a wink. Softglow seemed to be getting more and more jumpy the longer they stayed at the edge of the border. Soft pink nose wiggling slightly in his distaste, however his own companion was starting to get antsy as well. “Sorry to make you two mollies uncomfortable, just thought I would say hello.” He smiled, flashing his pearly whites in the form of a devilishly handsome smile. Half turning he looked towards Dreamfeather and gave her a wink, his ear twitching slightly. 

Jetstream
    Participant

The small ginger warrior was surprised when Dreamfeather addressed her, as though she couldn’t believe that she could take her eyes off of her companion for even a single heartbeat. Though, she did have to admit, she was a pretty cat and it was nice to have those green eyes turn to her direction for a change. However, said trance was quickly broken when Eveningstorm spoke over the cream feline from across the border, and immediately, like a leaf had turned over, Tinyflame’s bad attitude was brought back to the surface.

Oh, for StarClan’s sake!” She huffed, exasperated and making no means to hide her irritation at the situation. “You two are acting like lovestruck apprentices straight out of the nursery and it’s making my stomach turn. Perhaps I should go ask Nettlenose to treat my bellyache so that I don’t vomit all over the border before you two cross it.”

She didn’t care if she was being rude, nor did she care how Eveningstorm would react. In fact, maybe deep down, she wanted to ruffle his fur. Maybe even, she wanted to get to Dreamfeather from across the border, to let her know exactly what the pair of them were really getting themselves into. This situation was as ridiculous as it was maddening.

“What would you say if this situation was someone else?” Tinyflame prompted, turning fierce blue eyes to the tom that laid himself so comfortably close to the border. “If I was flirting with some cat from another Clan at our borders instead of marking them to let them know which territory was ours and which was theirs?” 

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by Jetstream.
    mahon [owl]
    Participant

Softglow began to feel a bit nauseous, the anxiety beginning to take a physical toll on her body. She couldn’t believe how comfortable her sister was around these two strangers as if they had known each other for moons. A look of surprise danced on her pretty features when both Dreamfeather and Eveningstorm dismissed their companions’ comments. They are being so rude. With anger lingering after the dismissive attitudes, Softglow almost jumped when Tinyflame’s loud voice began to lecture these two. Hoping it would get across to them, she glanced at her sister who only smiled and said how it would be okay.

“No, it’s not okay.” The molly finally sighed, avoiding the gazes of those around her as her soft voice broke through. “You two are being inconsiderate to both me and Tinyflame. You can see how uncomfortable we are with the situation yet you continue to act like this. You barely know each other, and you definitely shouldn’t be interacting right now.” The warrior paused to let Tinyflame speak. At her words, the feline found herself nodding along and deciding to add a few more comments of her own. “Especially with everything that has been happening since the gatherings, I doubt anyone in our respective clans would be happy about you two interacting. It may seem harmless fun to you two, but to everyone else, it’s another reason to add stress. So please stop acting oblivious, you’re both better than that.” It was rare for the ginger tabby to speak up, but she felt a surge of confidence when she saw how unapologetic Tinyflame was. It was rather inspiring.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

A wide grin split the maw of the ginger tabby at Eveningstorm’s returned wink, however this grin vanished as Softglow and Tinyflame began to speak. As both her sister and the WindClan stranger began to scold her, Dreamfeather’s ears pressed back against her head slightly, a hurt look crossing her face and dancing in her emerald eyes. While she couldn’t – wouldn’t – respond to Eveningstorm’s companion, it wasn’t her place, she could respond to Softglow’s comments.

Her eyes blazed for a moment with hurt and maybe even anger at these accusations, and her tail slashed the air once. “We’re just being friendly, Softglow. Both Eveningstorm and I invited you two to leave if you wanted to, and you guys decided to stay here. It’s great you’re trying to look after me, but I’m a warrior too.” She took a moment to suck in a breath and run her tongue over her orange fur which was quickly rising with frustration. “If it’s stressful for you, go back to camp. Some cats deal with stress in different ways. Just because we’re sisters doesn’t mean we’re the same. Don’t you understand that?” Her last words were pleading. Pleading for her sister to understand. Dreamfeather didn’t want to hurt Softglow, but she didn’t deserve to be hurt either. Whether or not her sister was looking out for her, her words had hurt her, and she was old enough to look after herself without Softglow managing her every move. After she’d finished her spiel, Dreamfeather’s green eyes flashed towards the ground, her brows creasing together in slight misery.

Feared
    Participant

He was surprised as he looked towards TinyFlame, her outbursts were really starting to get on his nerves more and more, she acted like she was his mother and he, her kit. They used to have a special connection when she was an apprentice but now she was simply over stepping her boundaries with him, whether she was a full fledged warrior or not. Firey dark amber eyes watched TinyFlame with a dark look, his anger and frustration clearly peaking. “I wouldn’t give a rats tail about who you flirted with honestly, TinyFlame. It’s not my place. Learn yours.” He growled through gritted teeth, sure his encounter had been a little flirty with Dreamfeather but he understood there were boundaries between the two cats. For example, the border and the two whining companions. A loud sigh left his lips as she looked towards Dreamfeather, she appeared to be just as miserable as he felt with TinyFlame and SoftGlow constantly nabbing at their tails. Clearly this encounter wasn’t getting them anywhere, but he certainly didn’t plan on this to be their last encounter  “Well.. it was nice to meet you both.” He meowed, eyes briefly glancing over at SoftGlow, he could careless for the skittish she-cat. Dark eyes watching Dreamfeather as he gave her a polite dip of his head  “Have a good evening.” He smiled. 

Eveningstorm clearly didn’t want to leave the border nor the she-cat that sat just across from it, however TinyFlame and SoftGlow were really becoming a pain. Standing up from his current position, he started to walk away from the border, his dark brown tabby fur ruffled from irritation, he knew TinyFlame would be ready to come up with some sort of retort. “Don’t even bother TinyFlame.” He said once they were out of earshot from the border, not even sparring TinyFlame a glance over his shoulder. “This will be the last patrol you and I, will ever do.” He growled deeply, his chest vibrating from his growl. He was upset about the way she interrupted the moment he was having with Dreamfeather.. but it was the way she spoke to him there. She clearly had no respect for him, and she wasn’t afraid to show it. Eveningstorm didn’t need a cat like that, dragging him down. Tail ruffled from his annoyance, his face revealed the anger and how upset he was with his own decision. To him, TinyFlame was just an old apprentice and nothing more. 

Jetstream
    Participant

The tone that Eveningstorm took with her sent Tinyflame’s heart plummeting to the pits of her stomach. It was clearer now more than ever that her former mentor was angry with her and that he was not pleased with her attitude. The bond that the two of them had once shared seemed to be severed beyond repair now at this point. The small ginger warrior sent a furious glance at Dreamfeather from across the border.

This is your fault.

That was what her eyes said, a pair of deep blue that burned hotter than the richest summer’s heatwave. Her hackles rose in her clear upset and she turned from the ThunderClan cats without another heartbeat to spare. Her Clanmate’s words were not lost on her, but Tinyflame did not respond to them. At this point, she truly did not have the heart to.

Perhaps it was not her place to dictate what Eveningstorm did or who he chose to spend his time with, but her concerns came from the best place of her heart for her former mentor. She did not want him to break the warrior code because of a she-cat from another Clan. She wanted to protect him. Couldn’t he see that?

But Eveningstorm obviously didn’t want to hear it. He refused to hear her out, even. Then maybe this was for the best, she decided. If he felt like she was just a thorn in his side, clearly the moons they had spent training together were no longer of importance to him. As much as he felt he was entitled to his wants, needs, and baseless pride, Tinyflame felt that she deserved to have herself heard properly.

Stubbornly, the WindClan warrior kept her head turned away from her former companion as the two of them silently returned to their own camp.

mahon [owl]
    Participant

softglow

The ginger tabby stared at her sister for a moment, eyes filled with a mixture of shock, hurt, and anger. Dreamfeather obviously didn’t understand the consequences of her meeting another clanner. The thunderclanner took a step back, shaking her head in disappointment. “I’m not trying to control you, Dreamfeather. I just don’t think it’s smart to meet right now.” The feline glanced up at the windclanners who seemed to have gotten annoyed and began to leave. Softglow dipped her head softly before turning to her sister. “You know I want you to be happy, and… and if this tom ends up being the one to do that I’ll keep my mouth shut. Just consider how the others might take it, especially with the tribe breathing down our necks.” Wanting to reconcile, Softglow stepped forward once more. “If you want to meet him at night, I’ll cover for you, but not during the day when other cats can be roaming around.” Turning around, Softglow motioned for her sister to walk alongside her. The ginger molly didn’t want the two to have such bad terms as Tinyflame and Eveningstorm seemed to have and, though she strongly disliked it, she wanted her sister to be happy. This tom was charming and kind and seemed genuinely excited to see Dreamfeather. So who was Softglow to stop that? She just didn’t want them to make mouse-brained decisions. “He was rather handsome though.” Softglow admitted with a sigh, glancing at her companion. “When will I find a nice feline.” She wasn’t very popular, due to her shyness, but she still held hope to find love. With a final glance back at the border, the feline headed back to camp. 

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Dreamfeather listened quietly to Softglow and then her rebellious facade crumbled and she leaned in to press her nose to her sister’s fur. “Thank you, Soft. You know I would never do this to you if it was just a crush. There’s something there. There really is. StarClan wouldn’t do this if we weren’t meant to be together.”

The orange tabby stepped back to walk alongside Softglow, her thick fur gently brushing against that of her sister. A small smile lit up her face at her sister’s comment, and she bumped her shoulder into Softglow’s, “He was pretty handsome, wasn’t he?” She giggled softly. Then, looking over at the other feline, she gave a soft sigh,

“You’ve even just seen it, Softglow. It happens so quickly. A spark, a moment. You’ll get your moment too, and it will blossom. I will support you no matter what, though, no matter who the cat is you love, just like you’re doing for me.” Dreamfeather pressed closer against Softglow. “You deserve to have love and you’ll get it too. Don’t worry.”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Berry Flats Questionable Beginnings [Soft, Dream, Evening, and Tiny]