Que Pasa, Lil' Sis? [Forest + Sorrel]

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp Que Pasa, Lil' Sis? [Forest + Sorrel]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hornetstar
    Participant

After going out on a quick hunt, Forestmask had returned to camp and set about lounging in the clearing. He had already had breakfast and wasn’t scheduled for patrol until that evening, so Clanmate watching sounded like the next best thing to him. What he was really hoping for was seeing a family member, to be able to snatch them up for a quick chat and just see how they were doing. Now that he was Pantherpaw’s mentor, he saw his younger brother every day. Though it wasn’t true, he felt like he wasn’t giving the rest of his family enough attention now – especially his younger siblings.

Feared
    Participant

Sorrelpaw ~ RiverClan Apprentice 

Nostrils flared as a sigh slipped through her nose, her paws smelt of fresh moss and a little bit of mouse-bile, although she had cleaned and cleaned at her fur, she could still smell the stench of it. Russetmask and his routines were gonna be the death of her. Helping out the elders was always a joy, depending on the day they were rather lovely with sharing their endless miles of stories… but she took no pleasure in searching the elders pelts for ticks. Nasty little creatures. Pelt bristling for a brief moment as a quick shiver made its way down her spine. Pupils narrowed as she slipped back into the camps clearing, paws slightly damp as she looked around. Facial expression brightening when she noticed Forestmask lazing about in the clearing, causing a small grin to find its way onto her lips. His head was turned away from her, although his body was sitting facing her direction if he were to turn his head. Taking advantage of the situation, the small and slender feline quickly moved to the reeds before her older brother could have spotted her, firey pumpkin eyes narrowing as she crept closer and closer. Sorrelpaw has been practicing with her stalking method, although it wasn’t perfect. 

Her dainty paw had stepped on a broken and dried out reed, causing the stem to snap with a rather loudness to it. Rolling her eyes at her own stupidity, she decided she was close enough in order to at least knock into him. Grinning, the small fae leapt from the cover that the reeds provided for her, a flash of white, red and black appearing as she gently landed on the much larger form of Forestmask, sprawled about across his leg, since he was sitting down. Soft giggles left her lips as her cranium tilted back in order for her to peer up at her startled sibling. “Boo!” Sorrelpaw smiled, chin tilting. 

Hornetstar
    Participant

Even over the hustle and bustle noise of the camp clearing, he could hear the soft snap of the reed. A familiar scent accompanied it, causing his whiskers to twitch in amusement. Instead of ruining Sorrelpaw’s fun and turning the tables on her, he remained sitting and acting oblivious. So when she crashed into his leg, he let out a dramatic gasp of surprise.

“Oh no! No, my leg,” he bellowed, flopping onto his side. “I think it’s broken! There’s no getting away from the monsterous Sorrelpaw now! Woe is me!” He covered his green eyes with a tabby stripes leg, falling still for a moment. A smile slowly curved his lips though, paw suddenly shooting out to gently boop his younger sister’s nose.

Pushing himself back into a sitting position, he beamed at her. She was one of the cats he’d been hoping to see today, after all! “What’s up, lil’ Sorrel?”

Feared
    Participant

Soft giggles left her lips when her brother exaggerated his demise, grinning to herself as her body moved with his own as he flopped down onto the ground, her own chin tilting ever so slightly as she ended up sprawled out on his side. However, with how large the cat was, it almost made her feel like a kit with how small she felt compared to him. “You are so silly, Forestmask.” She laughed softly, watching as her brother covered his green eyes and then went completely still, ears gently folding back against her head even though she knew it was faking it. There was no way that she could have actually hurt him. She jumped slightly when his large paw suddenly moved to gently boop her nose, a soft smile reaching her face as she gently slipped down his side as he started to move back into a sitting position. 

Shifting she moved slightly to the side and sat down, her small cranium tilted back in order to peer curiously at her older brother, she always enjoyed Forestmask’s company.. he always seemed genuinely happy whenever she was around. Unlike their mother. “I won’t be little for much longer.” She warned him, sticking her tongue out at him in a playful manner, if Koipaw had said that to her she probably would have tackled him to the ground and threatened to pull his whiskers off in order for him to take it back. Grinning at the thought, she simply gave her slim shoulders a shrug. “Eh. I just got done cleaning out the elders den, replacing their nests and getting rid of their nasty ticks.” She commented, nose scrunching up as she found herself disgusted with the task. Surpassing a shiver that went down her spine, she then looked back up at her sibling, firey amber eyes flashing. “What about you? Anything exciting?” Sorrelpaw questioned, tail tip twitching. 

Hornetstar
    Participant

His smile was still firmly on his lips, clearly not going anywhere. Even if his cheeks did start hurting, he doubted he would be able to manage not smiling at his little sister. Being with his family always made him happy. “Is that so, huh? I don’t know,” he commented skeptically at her size comment, giving her a playfully critical once over. “These paws are still so small, and oh my, look at your ears!” Gasping he reached out to gently tug at an ear, looking downright seriously concerned before finally cracking another smile.

Done with the teasing for a moment, he flopped onto his belly so she didn’t have to strain her neck looking up at him. “Just got back from a quick hunt. Caught a huge mouse. So now you’ll have fresh bile to go clean ticks off those stinky elders tomorrow,” he chuckled, sticking his tongue out at her.

Feared
    Participant

She Starr’s up at her brother, eyes widening in horror as he commented on her small stature. Chin lowering as she looked at her small paws, firey eyes glancing towards Forestmask’s paws as she compared her own to his, nose scrunching up as she looked up towards him. “That’s not fair, I’m still younger than you!” She commented, pupils narrowing as she looked towards her brother, eyes widening when he grabbed a hold of her ears and held a concerned expression upon his face. “Oh my gosh… Forestmask! Let them go!” She exclaimed in surprise, shifting her weight to where her hind legs could support her while her forepaws swatted at her brothers large paws. “Quit it!” She growled playfully, shaking her head when he finally released her ears. 

Firey pumpkin orange colored eyes watched her brother flop down, rolling her eyes at his statement. “You know… you aren’t nearly as funny as you think you are.” She commented with a small ‘hmp’, sitting next to her brother while leaning backwards so her back was propped up against his stomach. “But it still sounds more appealing than my day was.” She grumbled with a slight huff, so far she hadn’t been too impressed with her mentor, they really hadn’t done anything to pertain to her training as a warrior but that of doing the chores of a punishes apprentice. “I would to know how to hunt properly.” She muttered sourly, pouting as she looked towards her older brother. 

Hornetstar
    Participant

“Oh lil’ Sorrel,” he sighed dramatically, holding a paw up to his chest where his heart would be. “Why do you wound me so, hm? I thought you loved and cherished your old brother!” When given the opportunity, Forestmask just couldn’t resist being dramatic. It was so much fun, and always got him attention. Besides, his family had long grown used to his antics. If anything, they understood his charming behavior was what made him, him. He wouldn’t change a thing for anyone. They accepted him for how he was, or hit the road.

Hearing her complain about not even knowing how to hunt yet, he felt the yearning to offer his services. But then he remembered he had Pantherpaw’s training to focus on, and he shouldn’t go poking his nose into Sorrelpaw’s. It would probably upset Russetmask, after all. Their mother had turned out a fine warrior and had the grumpy old tom as her mentor. He just needed to offer his support any other way he could. “I’m certain Russetmask has a reasoning to his madness. Just hang in there. However -” A mischievous light entered his green eyes. “Once he starts teaching you hunting, perhaps we can go on a quick one together? Maybe even with Pantherpaw tagging along?”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp Que Pasa, Lil' Sis? [Forest + Sorrel]