Paws in the Past {Briarpaw and Hollowpaw}

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory Tall Pines Paws in the Past {Briarpaw and Hollowpaw}

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SoliloquySilver
    Participant

{Note: This roleplay is set in the past, a few years before the current events on Kugyay}

A young brown patched she-cat was creeping through the forest, hot on the trail of her prey. Her long plume of a tail hovered just above the ground, and she was careful not to make a single sound. She was traveling downwind from her target, making sure there was no possible way her prey would know she was coming. Her bright orange eyes twinkled mischievously as she came upon a young red tomcat that stuck out like a sore tail among the green bushes. He was too busy practicing a fighting move that she had mastered a week ago, so he didn’t know she was there.

She pounced, tackling the other apprentice with a yowl of victory and pinning him to the forest floor. He was a bit taller than her, but she got the upper paw thanks to the element of surprise. “Oh my, seems I’ve caught myself a Hollowpaw! This’ll feed the kits for days!” Briarpaw teased, grinning down at the tom before jumping away from him and letting him up. She sat and began to quickly smooth out her fur. It had gotten ruffled during her brief tussle with Hollowpaw. “You still haven’t gotten that move? Russetbelly said you’ve been out here practicing all morning!” Briarpaw tilted her head, whiskers twitching in amusement.

Feared
    Participant

Hollowpaw ~ ShadowClan Apprentice

Emerald green eyes narrowed as the young Tom was trying to perfect the twist and dodge maneuver, even though he was learning and had been perfecting most of what he was learning, for some reason he was having issues with getting his body to twist in midair and land on his paws. Hollowpaw felt like it was important that he could do this move, his father, Spottedbeetle was one of the best fighters within the Clan. Not being able to execute this maneuver had been eating away at Hollowpaw, especially when everyone else was excelling.

Especially Briarpaw, the small she-cat barely had to put in any effort at all… with everything she did. He sighed softly when thinking about his best friend, but blinked to push his thoughts away as he needed to concentrate! Lowering his body into a crouch position, the dark red and black spotted cat was about to leap into the air, the muscles along his back and hips were tense… although before he could even pounce, something knocked into his side. “Oof!” Hollowpaw grunted, now laying on his side as he was knocked over, shaking his head as his green eyes flickered up to see the amused and cocky face of Briarpaw. Pinned by the she-cat, his eyelids immediately lowered to give her a squinted look as he wasn’t impressed with her mocking. “Oh, ha ha.” He smirked, shifting to sit up when she finally moved away. 

Giving her a look, although playful, he looked down at his fur and gave himself a shake in order to clean himself of the dust. He wasn’t too worried about patting down his ruffled fur, he was a young Tom, who cared about appearances? Gazing at Briarpaw, he admired her cute little expression when she concentrated on cleaning her fur, his lips parting to tease her before she suddenly commented about him still training on his own. “Ugh, yeah.” He admitted, standing as he trotted over towards his best friend, head lowered as he gently head butted her shoulder blade. “I’m not as good as the famous, Briarpaw. I do have to practice… Spottedbeetle wouldn’t approve.” He added, grimacing at the thought of his strict father finding out that he could perform a move so simple. 

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Briarpaw snorted as her friend brought up his father. “Oh please, that mean old tomcat doesn’t approve of anything! StarClan themselves could come down and grace him with a thousand lives and he would still find something to complain about!” The brown patched she-cat rasped her tongue over one of her paws, humming softly to herself. “I think you’re jumping too hard and your body is too tense. When I tackled you, it was almost like tackling a stone. When your muscles are super tense, it makes you heavier, which means you come down faster.”

She rose to her paws and padded over to Hollowpaw. She brushed up against him and touched his cheek with her nose, a soft purr rumbling in her throat. “Try again, without the intensity. I know you can do it!” Her whiskers twitched, and she offered a gentle, sympathetic smile. “I believe in you, Hollowpaw.”

Feared
    Participant

Hollowpaw ~ ShadowClan Apprentice 

He smirked as Briarpaw seemed annoyed with the mere mention of his father, which was honestly the expression that most cats made when his father was ever around or mentioned. A soft laugh leaving his lips as he knew she was right, Spottedbeetle could find the smallest thing to complain about him even if he was doing everything right.. but he did want his father to be proud of him. Clearing his throat his emerald green eyes flickered back to Briarpaw as she licked at her paw, soothing down her lovely brown patched fur, a small smile coming to play on his lips. Briarpaw was just a few moons younger than he was, but she was the smartest cat he knew. 

Nodding slowly as she gave him some advice, his eyebrows furrowing slightly for a moment as he was deep in thought, truly trying to figure out how he was meant to jump and twist without being tense. Hmm.. maybe if I- He was brought out of his thoughts when Briarpaw gently brushed up against him, to her it was no big deal, a significant show of their friendship. But his ears were beat red and it didn’t help when she purred and leaned in to press her nose to his cheek. Hollowpaw could swear that Briarpaw knew about his feelings towards her, either that or she was just plain oblivious. Her scent washed over him in a violent wave from how close she was, blinking at her beauty up close before he realized he was staring. “Oh.. uh… thanks.” Hollowpaw stumbled over both his words and his paws as he backed up from her in order to practice, his cheeks blazing hot.

Stepping back from Briarpaw he almost lost his footing and fell, but he caught himself with an embarrassed smile and turned his back towards Briarpaw. Face contorting with a horrified expression as he embarrassed himself in front of her, looking like a fool. Taking in a deep breath he controlled the swift beat of his heart and his panicky breaths before lowering himself into a crouch position. “Ok.. don’t be so tense.” He muttered to himself, rolling his eyes as he knew it was easier said than done. After a few moments he relaxed his form and jumped up, giving his body a twist.. before landing on his side. But he twisted in mid-air! “Oof!” He groaned from landing on his side, simply just laying there before his ears stood up. “Wait.. I twisted.” He grinned, looking towards Briarpaw with a goofy grin. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory Tall Pines Paws in the Past {Briarpaw and Hollowpaw}