Patience (Wild&Breeze) [CLOSED]

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp Patience (Wild&Breeze) [CLOSED]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Wolfstar
    Participant

~W I L D P A W~

Wildpaw had been left alone yet again in the medicine den. Nettlenose was off somewhere and Startledcrow had decided to visit Willowfur and his kits in the nursery for the tenth time since the morning. The injured apprentice looked around with boredom, casually batting at a moss ball he had created from the nest he slept in. The medicine cats had promised him he would be leaving their den soon, but they hadn’t answered his question on what would happen next, and he knew it was because they didn’t know.  I better not be told to retire as an elder. He could imagine Wolfstar telling him to live in the elder’s den with pity written all over his face, and just the thought made Wildpaw angry at his father. Did his family have little faith in what he could do because of his injuries? Did they not want to try and make it work? Nightpaw’s face popped up in Wildpaw’s mind and he couldn’t help but smile. At least he had a friend who had complete faith in him and who was willing to help. The black-furred tom thought of finding her to talk, but the noise from the clearing began to grow louder and louder. Wildpaw narrowed his eyes and peered through the entrance, catching the sight of his brother panting and his mother with her fur bushed up. Quickly, the golden-flecked warrior raced out of camp alone, leaving her son still panting from running. 

A group of warrior’s meowed amongst each other before they fled out of the camp in the opposite direction as Goldenrose. Burning with curiosity and fear, Wildpaw forced himself to limp across the clearing, ignoring the pain that still scored up his left leg with each step. “Breezepaw!” He called to his gray tabby brother, his eyes widening. “What’s going on?” He had to move his head to the left so he was able to see and hear his brother clearly from his right side. He wished he could have pressed against Breezepaw’s side to help him stay upright, but he knew he would just make it even harder for him to relax. “Where is the rest of the patrol you were in? Is Wolfstar okay?” And where was their mother going? A few warrior’s were positioned around the clearing as if guarding the entire camp with an anticipation that something was coming. 

Feared
    Participant

Breezepaw ~ WindClan Apprentice

He was panting hard as everyone was rushing past him in such a fast pace, ears laying flat against his head as he watched his mother sprint off swiftly in the opposite direction of the patrol that Eveningstorm was leading to back up the excruciating small WindClan patrol that was fighting an army. “Mom!” Breezepaw calmed after his mother but she made sure that he stayed behind, his expression falling with disappointment before he felt Eveningstorm’s tail lay across his back. The big tabby was trying to comfort him but he was feeling anything from comforted. Ears twitched in the direction of Wildpaw as his brother limped out of the Medicine cat Den, his eyes widening at the sight of his fluffy black furred sibling. “Wildpaw! What are you doing out?” He gasped, although he was still trying to catch his breath from the run he had performed, long limbs trembling as he walked towards Wildpaw.

His brother was wobbly and didn’t have the best balance because of his injuries, which led to Breezepaw instantly pressing his pelt against that of his brothers side, helping to balance the Tom. Pupils narrowed slightly as he looked at his brother, chin turning in the direction that Goldenrose had taken and then that of which the patrol that was racing away. “W-we were attacked!” He informed Wildpaw, his speech broken up through his panting but he was now beginning to breathe through his nose, but his muscles were still trembling from both his run and his anxiety. “ShadowClan and RiverClan… t-they attacked out of no where. W-Wolfstar sent me back for reinforcements.” He meowed, but he felt ashamed that he was being held back from the battle, his green eyes flickering towards Wildpaw before he licked his brothers ear to try and keep the Wild furred tomcat calm. “C-come on. You need to sit down.” He muttered, trying to lead Wildpaw back in the direction of the medicine cat den, he had been told to protect his brother and he would.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wildpaw ~WindClan Apprentice~

Wildpaw was grateful Breezepaw had pressed against his side to help him stay up, but he inwardly groaned at the fact that he needed help. However, it wasn’t the time to complain about how dream-shattering his new injuries were, so he didn’t protest when his brother allowed him to lean into him. His left left still stuck out, and the pain was still there, but it was getting stronger and stronger everyday now that he was stretching it out. When Breezepaw was finally able to tell him what happened, Wildpaw widened his blue eyes with fear. His brother’s words were coming out in gasps, stuttering every now and then with anxiety. Wildpaw rasped his tongue over his brother’s shoulder and motioned for him to sit down in the clearing, not wanting to head back to the medicine den just yet. “I’m fine out here, don’t worry about me. Sit down so you can breathe.” Once they were settled, Wildpaw scooted a little to the side so he could look his brother in the eyes. “ShadowClan and RiverClan attacked a patrol?” He couldn’t believe it. How unfair and cowardly of them! His paws pricked the ground with need to run and help his father’s patrol, but he knew he wouldn’t make it far past the entrance of the camp. “Do you…do you think they’ll kill him? Or force us to leave?”

Wildpaw looked around the clearing hesitantly, lifting his nose to sniff out the air for any traces of ShadowClan or RiverClan. Nothing, which meant that Wolfstar and his warrior’s were holding their own for the time being. “Where is Goldenrose going? She didn’t go the direction that Wolfstar went. And did you recognize anyone in the attacking Clans?” Ever since he had been forced to stay in camp, the only thing to do was to observe his Clan in their daily life, and not much went past him and his curious gaze. Such as, Startledcrow visited Willowfur and his kits more than any other father’s and Eveningstorm and Desertrose gave each other random lovey-eyes without the other knowing. Is Nightpaw in the patrol with Wolfstar? Wildpaw’s heart beat quickly, trying to remember if he noticed the black-furred apprentice padding behind his father out to the territories. It worried him that he couldn’t remember. Wildpaw waited patiently for Breezepaw to catch his breath and be able to answer his questions. 

Feared
    Participant

He blinked slightly as he looked at his brother, who was gazing at him with more concern than he registered he was worth. Of course, he wasn’t harmed when the army of rival Clans attacked but he surely was winded from his run. That was probably the fastest he had ever ran, but it was well worth it. Maybe he had gotten to camp just in time. When Wildpaw’s tongue rasped over his shoulder blade, his brother broke his mind free from his torturous thoughts and he gave the black furred Tom a hesitant smile. “S-sorry.” He meowed, he had been so frazzled in worry that he knew he shouldn’t push Wildpaw around, finally settling himself down in a sitting position while his chest heaved up and down swiftly. Green eyes met with blue as Wildpaw forced him to look in his eyes, which caused Breezepaw’s ears to flatten against his skull as he cave a seldom nod. “There were so many of them, Wildpaw.” He spoke slowly and shook his head, instantly becoming worried for his mentor and father. “No… Desertrose and Tinyflame and Darkwolf were out there. And now Eveningstorm is heading there with the others…. They will protect Wolfstar.” He nodded with affirmation, leaning forward to press his nose against his brothers forehead before he leaned back and heaved out a heavy breath.

He blinked when he was questioned about their mother but he gave a small shrug. “I… I don’t know. But Eveningstorm seemed to know where she was going..” He muttered softly, eyebrows pulling together for a moment before he looked back at his brother. “I hope she’s okay…” Breezepaw muttered, their mother didn’t have the nine life’s of a leader, but he looked back at his brothers features to see that he was incredibly worried. “Hey… are you okay?” He muttered once more, leaning forward to gently flick his brother ear with his outstretched paw. “Mom and dad won’t let anyone of those RiverClanners and ShadowClanners get anywhere near here.” He promised and gave his brother a half-assed smile.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wildpaw ~WindClan Apprentice~

Wildpaw widened his eyes as Breezepaw began to describe what happened, imagining a river of cats pouring from the hillside and tumbling into Wolfstar’s patrol like a waterfall. It was strange to think that at this very moment, their Clan’s were at war and his tail lashed with anxiety. He knew their Clan would hold themselves against the ShadowClan and RiverClan cats well, but there was only so much they would be able to take before finally being conquered. Suddenly, he understood exactly where Goldenrose was going. “She’s going in the direction of ThunderClan,” he meowed, looking out to the entrance as if he would be able to see her running through the territories to get to them. “I bet she’s asking for their help. I hope they accept and make it in time…” So many thoughts swam through his mind over what was going on, and it irritated him that he wasn’t able to pace or walk it off. Instead, he had to sit there and let the anxieties take over his mind for a few moments, his muscles twitching with restlessness.

When Wildpaw began to wonder if Nightpaw was there or not, he had lifted his nose to sniff out who was in camp, hoping to get a whiff of her earthy scent, but she wasn’t anywhere near them. She’s definitely in the patrol then… At Breezepaw’s question, Wildpaw snapped his attention back to his brother and he shrugged, not wanting to admit that he was actually thinking about his other black-furred friend over his other Clanmate’s. “I know they’ll hold them off. But what if, for some reason, they don’t? Should we get the queens, kits, and elders together?” 

You’ll do no such thing.” A harsh mew came from the direction of the nursery, and Wildpaw turned his head towards Willowfur who was now padding towards them with her two kits behind her. “The warrior’s left in camp know what they’re doing. I’m sure they have a scout between our camp and where the fight is, ready to run and tell us if we need to evacuate.” The beautiful ginger queen looked down at her brother’s with a softer smile, her tail wrapping around Desertkit and Stormkit as they fought beneath her belly. “Don’t worry. The Clan’s have fought for many, many seasons and no one has been forced out of the territories. Besides, you’re still healing, Wildpaw, so you need to save your energy in case we need it.” Willowfur looked towards Breezepaw. “You were very brave for leaving the fight to come tell us. A lot of apprentice’s would have complained about staying to fight, but you haven’t had enough proper training.

Feared
    Participant

Breezepaw tilted his chin for a moment, letting his green eyes flicker towards that of the direction that his mother had taken off in, pupils narrowing slightly for a moment in worry as he thought of his mother running through the forest of ThunderClan. Alone. “That’s a smart thing of mom to do.” He meowed slowly, but he felt his broad paws shuffle slightly against the ground as he felt suddenly restless at the thought of his mother in potential enemy territory. “I hope they do help.. and that mom and dad are okay.” He added softly, his eye-brows pulling together for a moment before he looked at his brother as his nose was in the air. Was he scenting the air for the enemy scent? Breezepaw was unaware that Wildpaw had grown closer with Nightpaw, honestly she didn’t even cross his mind at this moment of time. He felt guilty with leaving his father and mentor behind to face the army, but he had gone to get help and hopefully that was enough.

Ears lifted up slightly for a moment before he gave a slight shrug and frown. “Should we really-“ He was immediately cut off when a sharp voice over took his own, causing him to snap his jaw shut while his green eyes flickered towards that of his older sister. Willowfur always has such grace, she was slender and lithe, even with her two kittens running and fighting under her stomach she was still able to walk gracefully. His eyes slowly looked at Wildpaw as Willowfur tried to reassure their brother that he was still healing and couldn’t risk wasting his energy. But he knew better. He had overheard Goldenrose and Wolfstar speaking about Wildpaw, he knew his brother would never be the same and he couldn’t help but blame himself. Clearing his throat he scooted closer to Wildpaw in order to endure this together, gazing up at Willowfur as he gaze then landed upon him. “I wanted to complain.” He frowned as he looked away from Willowfur and noticed that his sisters mate was rushing around the medicine cat den. It was then that he deadlines what the Tom was doing, Startledcrow was preparing for the wounded. “Oh…” He muttered, frowning further.

Wolfstar
    Participant

W I L D P A W
    ~WindClan Apprentice~

Wildpaw looked up at his older sister with a frown on his face. He knew he didn’t have the same amount of energy as he did before, especially since he was still healing, but it hurt to hear it out loud. Their beautiful older sister was not one to be blunt, but she did it in such a way that it was hard to argue with her. He gave her a nod and looked down at the two kits squabbling underneath her belly. Stormkit began to gnaw on Desertkit’s ears after pinning him down, and Wildpaw couldn’t help but smile. He silently wished he could go back in time and curl up beside Heatherpaw and Breezepaw next to Goldenrose’s belly, breathing in the warm milky scents of the nursery with no worries or fears. Wildpaw followed Breezepaw’s line of sight towards the medicine den, seeing the hurried form of Starltedcrow in the shadows. He figured the medicine cat was preparing for the battle, but he couldn’t find Nettlenose anywhere either. Willowfur, noticing Startledcrow too, stepped forward as if she wanted to visit with him, but changed her mind and lightly motioned the kits back to the nursery. “I bet it’s hard having a mate who’s a medicine cat,” he murmured, before looking over at Breezepaw.

His brother seemed to be in a sad mood, and he pressed against his side with a smile on his face. “Well, since there’s nothing we can do about what’s going on right now, why don’t you help me with my exercises? Startledcrow said I can start moving around if I’m slow at it, but I need to make sure I stretch my leg out so I can get back most of my motion. I’ve been trying to come up with a game to play to help make it more fun.” Honestly, even if he didn’t come up with a game, being around his brother and being outside of the medicine den was already fun in itself. He also had a feeling Breezepaw blamed himself for Wildpaw becoming crippled, so he wanted his gray and white brother to be involved with his exercises to show him that he was getting better. “Nightpaw was helping me yesterday with some exercises in the den, but this is honestly the first time I’ve been out!” It felt good to have the sun beating down on his back again, and he couldn’t help but muffle up a purr, pushing away the anxieties of the current battle. 

Feared
    Participant

He blinked as he finally looked away from Startledcrow as he noticed that Willowfur was hesitating with confronting her mate but instead she began to lead his niece and nephew back in the general direction of the nursery. Ears twitched in Wildpaw’s direction as his littermate muttered how it must be difficult to be a medicine cats mate, causing Breezepaw to shrug. “I guess. But Willowfur is a tough molly.” Was all he chose to say on the matter, silently grateful that his sister was far enough away before he turned his green eyes upon Wildpaw’s face. The dark black furred tom was pressed against his side and there was that familiar smile upon his face, causing Breezepaw to relax slightly. Wildpaw always seemed to know what would make him feel better but he was hesitant to partake in these exercises. He already couldn’t stand to see the situation Wildpaw was in, could he manage seeing his littermate in pain. “Yeah.. that sounds interesting.” He finally meowed and have a tight smile.

Wildpaw seemed to be genuinely happy to be outside of the medicine cat den, blinking slowly as he then stood up and gave his brother a quick lick on the ear for encouragement. “Alright then. What do we do?” He questioned while allowing his eyes to curiously roam over his brothers face, although he didn’t forget that Wildpaw had mentioned Nightpaw and his eyes glossed in a dreamy look. Oh really? Breezepaw smirked, taking his time to use this little acknowledgment to his advantage, chin tilting and tail waving out behind him as his tongue roamed over his lower teeth.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp Patience (Wild&Breeze) [CLOSED]