Oversharing {fox + sage}

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory Fishing Stones Oversharing {fox + sage}

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Finch
    Participant

“I’m telling you, Sagefrost. I’ve never seen such a handsome kittypet!” Foxspice insisted, the plume of her orange tail waving excitedly as she walked alongside her brother back towards Riverclan’s camp. “He was taller than Crabshell, and wow, he was muscular. Or at least I think, maybe he just had some crazy nice fur. It could be both!”

Chattering on, the ginger she-cat bounced along happily as she recounted her miniature adventure from earlier that day. The sun had warmed the earth under her paws and with company from one of her siblings– some of the only cats who would put up with her– she couldn’t be happier. Well practiced in speaking around the prey she carried, she paused for only the slightest breath before continuing.

“I mean wow, if you could have seen him, Sage! It’s a shame he left so quickly! If he was half as good at talking as he looked I might’ve had to drag him back to camp instead of this fish!”

Ribi
    Participant

Sagefrost returned Foxspice’s constant, eager blabbering with a bewildered, wide-eyed gaze of his own. The shy tom was well-acquainted with her noisy chatter but still easily overwhelmed by it–a factor which set him apart amongst his siblings. His chestnut-furred ears swiveled back and to the side, listening to her and silently interacting with his sister, as his mouth was stuffed and currently occupied by a fish. That was another thing–the ginger fae managed to exclaim about her brief whirl of a romance despite herself carrying a fish–and Sage couldn’t help but be impressed.

He shot her an incredulous look at her gushing, as if he were saying, Really? That good? The chestnut-white splotched cat held about as much doubt about Foxspice’s subject of intense admiration almost as much as she held excitement about him. Taller than Crabshell?! He flashed another shocked look at her, then frowned. Muffling over the fish in his mouth, Sagefrost mumbled, “He–yy… uh umpfft arrre you–” in the process, his teeth munched inadvertently on a fish and– “crrrronchh, uh; you suuuree uummpffft that’s for-real?” Fox would probably be able to comprehend her brother’s garbled words, anyways, he hoped.

Finch
    Participant

“Oh, Sage, you’d better believe he was for real!” she purred, snickering a little as her littermate struggled to speak around his catch. She appreciated him offering input into the discussion– whether that be verbally or through gestures– though it would always be amusing to watch others talk with their mouths full in the effort to keep up. “I think he was taller than him by… hm… maybe only a mouse or two, but if I see him again I’ll have to call him over! He bolted so quickly, I didn’t even get the change to introduce myself~”

Skirting around a small bush, she sighed wistfully, pausing for a moment to look back over her shoulder the way they had come. “Do you think we’ll see him again? I’d like to think he might remember us, and maybe even tell us a bit about himself! I mean, I’m not sure what a kittypet could be up to that’s terribly interesting, but he looks like he could be full of surprises!”

A gleam caught in her eye as she turned around again. “Forestmask might like to meet him as well~ We could get the whole family out here, make a proper vote, and for once you’d have to admit I’ve found a serious hunk~”

Ribi
    Participant

Sagefrost raised his brows in surprise. The poor thing was probably overrun with Foxspice’s babbling; no wonder he bolted. He thought to himself as his sister went on and on, gushing over this supposed incredible tom kittypet she’d found. Reaching the bush, he about spat out his fish in a guffaw when Fox commented that kittypets couldn’t be too interesting. In fact, one fish was nearly about to fall out of the grip of his jaw–so he dropped them all to adjust the burden. “Foxspice!” He exclaimed, hushed. “Don’t be so crass; maybe he was just shy. Not every cat is so casual around strangers, you know.” He flicked an ear at her in amusement.

Rearranging the fish and grabbing them all back for their journey back to camp, Sagefrost couldn’t wait until he could wash all of these scales out of his mouth. He was sure he had about a hundred wedged between every tooth–could it get any more uncomfortable? Relief came almost immediately when another one of Fox’s comments caused the anxious warrior to genuinely spit out the fish–again. He sighed, audibly. “Fox, you can’t take everyone out there. What would mom say? A whole group of Riverclanners like that–that would frighten him to death!” The chestnut brindle tom shot her a serious look while he stood over the fish. “Not to mention, I don’t think mom would appreciate you dragging a kittypet back to camp as your mate–!”

Finch
    Participant

Grinning toothily around her fish as Sagefrost chided her. “Anycat walking around looking that good has no reason to be shy~ If you’re a kittypet out here in Riverclan territory you’ve got to be bold—daring!

Resuming her pace alongside the brown tabby, she snickered at his lack of faith in the plan to try and find the handsome tom again. Of course their mother would never approve, but they could always trick her out of camp with one ruse or another—and… “If mom every saw him, I’m sure she’d just have to agree with me! You guys can’t be getting any ideas though, I did see him first~”

With a mischievous purr, she bounded ahead a few paces into the middle of the trail, effectively blocking the route back to camp as she pretended to swoon. “But Sageeee, forbidden love is so exciting~ And do you really think he could resist all of this?” she meowed, tossing her head. At the motion, several large droplets of water from the fish tails splattered across her muzzle, and she squinted, blinking, at the few that had gotten in her eyes.

It’s fine, I’m still hot, she thought to herself, hoping that Sage hadn’t noticed the last few seconds of her act.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory Fishing Stones Oversharing {fox + sage}