Skip to toolbar

nothing breaks like a heart {syca, moon, rook, wasp}

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp nothing breaks like a heart {syca, moon, rook, wasp}

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Pheebs
    Participant

M O O N B E R R Y

“Hush, hush,” the queen murmured, laying Emberkit down beside her siblings. “I know you hate naps but you three stayed up last night chattering away, and I refuse to hear complaints about grouchy kittens.” Moonberry smiled gently at Crowkit’s halfhearted protests. She sat there crouched over them until the trio finally slipped off into sleep, once she’d made sure they were all asleep (and not pretending, like they had yesterday) the chubby molly rose to her paws and slipped out of the den.

The past two moons had been trying times-what with Rookfall’s disappearance, the great battle, and then the appointment of Dawnfrost as the new deputy. Through it all, Moonberry had weathered it alone, well, sort of. Waspfrost had become a dear friend during that time, but he didn’t do anything to coddle her or make life easier. In some ways that frustrated the van-patterned feline, after the first moon Moon realized what the tom had been doing. Waspfrost was harsh and cold because he didn’t mince words, and feelings were never spared when Wasp was involved. He was a lovely tom beyond that and cared for Moon in his “tough love” way, encouraging the queen to mature and be less dependent on others. One of the things Waspfrost had taught Moonberry was that she deserved a break once in a while, sure, the kits were still important and dear to her, however, Moon’s life didn’t have to revolve around them.

Sunhigh had become the SkyClanner’s ‘me’ time and the time that Crowkit, Silentkit, and Emberkit were put to sleep for a nap. It was a bonus that camp was less of a danger when the little troublemakers were napping. Moonberry sang quietly, making her way to the edge of the camp, settling beneath the shade. To her knowledge, a hunting patrol had recently gone out and in that patrol, Rookfall had left with them. Moon wasn’t avoiding him, per se, it was just that she decided her new Me Time spot should be close to the dirt place when learning of Rook’s coming home. She was allowed a change of scenery, alright?

“Finally, some time alone…?” The white and black molly trailed off, dual-colored eyes spotting a tiny form wandering about. ‘He looks a bit lost.’ Moonberry shifted her sights down to her paws, contemplating what to do. ‘Waspfrost said I need to allow myself some time to breathe and not coddle kits all day…’ The queen looked towards the kit again, unable to recognize his pelt as being another queen’s kit. Moonberry could deduce that the kit was… ‘Wasp also said not to talk to Rookfall or his kit until I was in a better state of mind.’ 

Half a second later she on her feet and walking away from the kit only to return a minute later with a ball of moss in her jaws. Stopping a few foxlengths from Sycamore, the she-cat fell into a crouch and dropped the moss ball to the ground. With one fluid motion, she socked the ball to the tom-kit. “Have you ever played moss ball?” The queen asked kindly, offering the tom a welcoming smile.

• This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Pheebs.
    • This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Pheebs.
    Phena
    Participant

SYCAMOREKIT

It was so strange to be in the heart of SkyClan territory. It was his first day without traveling from dawn until dusk, stopping only to hide in a bush and wait until Rook returned with something to eat. Sometimes it had been berries, sometimes actual prey, sometimes trash from carrion. It was whatever they could get their paws on. It was also the first day he had seen his father smile – really smile – since they lost Fire and Xena. He was going on patrol, and Rook looked in his element among his Clanmates. Sycamore – no, Sycamorekit – on the other hand, was lost. He didn’t know what to do. Should he talk to someone? Should he nap? He wasn’t tired, and all he had received until this point were offhanded questions and curious glances from bigger, fiercer cats. 

It wasn’t a bad feeling to be in a Clan. He got to eat when he was hungry and sleep when he was tired. He got to lay in the sun. He got to…he didn’t know what else he got to do. He supposed he should explore and find out! The silver tabby tom rose to his paws and curiously adventured about the clearing. He was too nervous to venture into the dens, but he remembered one as being called ‘The Nursery’. Rook had told him he had siblings in there, but he never met them before. Once again, he felt a familiar sting in the back of his mind. Fire would know what to do, he thought sadly. Fire knew how to talk and where to go. He led them around like a little leader, and even pretended to be Firestar when they played SkyClan and Rogues. Sycamorekit often thought it was unfair of him to always pick Firestar – sometimes he had wanted to be him! Now, he met him, and somehow pretending to be Firestar here seemed like a bad idea. He was scary. 

A motherly sort of she-cat caught his attention. She dropped a soft sphere on the earth and her eyes had an earnest expression. Interested, Sycamorekit padded forward with a prance in his step and his tail wagged excitedly. “What’s a mossball?” He asked curiously, his eyes bright. “Can I eat it?” He opened his mouth to expose little sharky teeth as he glanced down at the mossball. “Is it yummy?”

“Destiny isn't a path any cat follows blindly. It is always a matter of choice, and sometimes the heart speaks loudest. Listen to your heart, because that's where your true destiny lies.”
    - Leafpool

Pheebs
    Participant

Moonberry frowned, studying the silver and white tom with confusion in her eyes. The queen stepped forward and settled down on her haunches, drawing the moss ball close to her so that it rested between her front paws. She motioned with her tail for Sycamorekit to step back a bit before hooking a claw in the ball and tossing it towards him again.

“A moss ball is a little ball of moss, you take some moss and roll it up. Then you can play moss ball by tossing or hitting the ball back and forth.” Moonberry grinned, “Would you like to play?” She asked again, face welcoming and posture relaxed so as to not seem intimidating. Although, the queen doubted she could ever be intimidating.

“I’m surprised your father didn’t teach you any games like these.” Moon said casually, but the words tasted bitter on her tongue. Rookfall had been dead, well “dead”, for two moons. She’d mourned for two moons while her kits grew up, no longer scraps of fur and now almost apprentice age. Rook was back and with a kit no less, a kit who didn’t even know what moss ball was. He traveled a lot, presumably, but even then Moon hoped Sycamore had some play time. “I used to chase moss balls and butterflies for hours. I was never very good at the tumbling and fighting my clanmates liked to do as kits.” She sighed softly, nostalgia creeping into her voice. Moonberry hadn’t been a loner, not exactly, but her disinterest in fighting had been noted when she was young. Now she was a fully trained warrior who could fight but still avoided it at all cost. There were reasons beyond her considerable weight that made Moon a bit of an outcast here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp nothing breaks like a heart {syca, moon, rook, wasp}