Morning Mingle [Nettle/Tiny]

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp Morning Mingle [Nettle/Tiny]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nettlenose
    Participant

Morning was the time of day that Nettlenose liked best, especially in the unbearably hot days of the summer, for long-furred felines such as herself found themselves longing for winter days during summer such a season. The medicine cat could sit just outside her den after seeing to her morning duties, which really only included checking over any residents within her den and peeking at the herb supply to ensure all was well.

Now, while the air was cool, the she-cat could attend to more personal duties, such as grooming the mess that was her fur. Collecting herbs on patrol seemed to accumulate any burrs in her pelt that it could during the warm days of summer, and often she found herself behind on cleaning. She gently tore and licked her raspy tongue across her cream colored pelt, determined to make as much improvement as she could while she had the time to do so, her focus entirely devoted to the task. While grooming could be annoying, it was also the perfect opportunity to unwind her mind and do some stress-free thinking about things that may have been swimming about her mind.

Thus, Nettlenose sat outside her den in silence, her lungs inhaling the cool morning air as she tediously groomed and thought, pearly teeth pulling at burrs in an almost mechanical manner. She ignored the rumble in her stomach, her first indication of hunger that morning, and kept her attention at grooming.

Jetstream
    Participant

Joining in on the dawn patrol was one of the favorite activities to a small ginger feline of WindClan, getting out early in the day and accomplishing her tasks first thing left the rest of her day open to her choice of what to do next and it was something she found that she favored. The patrol had managed to grab a plentiful amount of prey, for every creature in their territory also seemed to prefer to be out early in the day, when the sun’s warmth was not as harsh. Tinyflame herself held a shrew firmly in her jaws, her head held high at its plump size. It could easily feed a queen or two on its own. 

As she slipped into the abandoned two-leg nest of the WindClan camp, the young warrior made her way to the fresh-kill pile with the rest of her patrol to deposit the morsel she had caught, but her attention was caught otherwise by movement from the corner of her eye. Her head turned and she noticed Nettlenose, their clan medicine cat, off to the side grooming herself. With a decisive flick of her tail, Tinyflame headed over to join her. “Good morning, Nettlenose.” She greeted the cream-furred feline, dropping her shrew at her clanmate’s paws. “Have you gotten a chance to eat yet?”

Nettlenose
    Participant

A soft grunt of frustration left the molly’s throat as she found herself unable to remove a particulary stubborn burr from her fluffy pelt, one she had been working on in incriments since the morning had began. She eyed it with irritation and then moved to a different spot, deciding it wasn’t worth the current hassle and she would again return to it later. Momentarily, she lifted her head at the sound of approaching paw steps, the scents of many cats flooding her palate as the dawn patrol arrived, with what looked like plentiful prey in their possession. The medicine cat smiled a little, already forgetting her difficulties with the stubborn burr as it was replaced with happiness for a bountiful hunt. 

Tinyflame’s  ginger pelt was a welcome sight to the she-cat, who smiled further at her clanmate’s approach and dipped her head in a warm greeting. “Tinyflame, how nice to see you this morning! Nettlenose purred, motioning with her shoulder for the other to join her. Briefly, she looked upon the shrew the flame-colored warrior had brought along with her, and her stomach reminded her with a sharp growl that she had yet to eat this morning.

“No, I haven’t eaten yet…” The medicine cat admitted, sighing a little as she sluffed off the inquiry. “I was trying to catch up on a bit of grooming, these burrs have been horrible this season! Unfortunately some of them aren’t wishing to budge.” The cream colored molly gave a soft, frustrated chuckle. “How was the dawn patrol? Looks as though you all caught something good!”

Jetstream
    Participant

Nettlenose’s warm greeting made Tinyflame all-the-more satisfied to return to camp. She was glad that WindClan had such a nice and dependable medicine cat, always being one to work hard and to greet her clanmates when they returned back home. It was something she hoped all five clans of the ocean side could appreciate. “The dawn patrol was fine. No problems outside of camp today.” She replied, though a chuckle ruptured in her throat at the cream-furred she-cat’s remark about her pelt. “Here, let me help you.”

The small ginger she-cat moved to Nettlenose’s side and began to assist in tugging burrs out of her companion’s long cream colored fur. There really were a surprising amount of them snagged in there, she noted to herself. As she was pulling burrs and smoothing fur, Tinyflame wondered, “How did you manage to get stuck in all of these, anyway?”

Nettlenose
    Participant

Excellent, that’s the sort of news I like to hear! Nettlenose purred, glad that lately Windclan seemed to be doing rather fine as far as food went, and hostilities. As Tinyflame offered her services in helping remove some of the burrs from her pelt, the she-cat gave the ginger molly an appreciative smile, her stance relaxing a bit as she came over and began to help dislodge the troublesome stickers.

Welll…to be completely honest with you, I wasn’t exactly paying the best attention to where I was gathering herbs from. I saw a bit of horsetail, which we were running a bit low on, and dove right towards it without even bothering to look what I was jumping into.” The medicine cat admitted somewhat sheepishly. Without intention, sometimes the cream colored feline’s excitement got the best of her, and reason was lost to action. “I got the horsetail though!” She said, a bit of pride in her tone.

“Have you gotten yourself an apprentice yet, Tinyflame?” Nettlenose inquired, curious. She found having an apprentice somewhere between painful and joyful, but definitely worth the experience.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp Morning Mingle [Nettle/Tiny]