Melting The Ice

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory Melting The Ice

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nettlenose
    Participant

<span style=”font-size: 10pt;”>Galefrost</span>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”><span style=”font-size: 10pt;”>The gathering had simply been awful, their camp was destroyed, and the feeling of still damp ground was pressing Galefrost’s mood further into the dirt. The handsome dark grey tom had spent most of the day helping fix and repair makeshift dens for WindClan as they also worked to rebuild camp, and now he sat in the fading evening sun, his crystal blue eyes difficult to read.</span></p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”><span style=”font-size: 10pt;”>The tom, it seemed, had always been this way. He’d lost his mother at a young age, and his father was a bit of a mystery case, but it wasn’t really as if that was an excuse. It almost seemed to be his way of life, more of a stone than a living being, his personality stoic and passive. He wasn’t void of conversation, however, he simply didn’t seek it out, and his expression could be read as unfriendly even if he didn’t intend it to be so. The tom wasn’t cruel, or even mean, and snide comments didn’t flow from his lips intentionally. He just seemed…distant.</span></p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”><span style=”font-size: 10pt;”>Now, his tail brushing softly against the ground, he was mentally pondering how long it would take them to rebuild. Also on his mind was the dilemma of Kass as a deputy, the rogue becoming a rank so quickly had deeply unrooted everyone it seemed. But. was it their business? As long as no harm was done, he wasn’t sure it mattered. </span></p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”><span style=”font-size: 10pt;”>In truth, Galefrost was bored. He felt as if his life had hit a bit of a stand still, and he was even considering asking Wolfstar for an apprentice, or something. In fact, he was so bored that he could envision himself trying to strike conversation, to befriend a clanmate on a more personal level rather than the companionship that came naturally with being a Windclanner. But who to ask? Who to approach? Who seemed interesting enough to say hello to? Silently, his gaze swept the clearing of their temporary home…</span></p>

Roach
    Participant

Whisperinghowl ~ Windclan Warrior

The air was cool against her thick ink black and off white pelt as she slips through the entrance of the clearing. Haunting apricot orange hues flicker around the area around her. Quiet mumbles caressing her paper thin ears, causing them to twitch. Humming softly to herself as she slips past several felines that were working away to rebuild their camp. Whispering was glad to be taking a well deserved break as she had been working non stopped for several days. She even decided to hang back and not attend the gathering to help out and watch over the queens and elders, making sure they were fed. Though apparently she had missed a good show as it seemed that the new deputy of Thunderclan created some chaos. Pouting in irritation that she didn’t get to see the little fight between Kass and Firebird, she would definitely consider going to the next on in the future. Sighing in content at the chilling breeze that swept over the wide open clearing. Winter was coming, no doubt about that. She loved the way snow looked dusted on the ground and trees, but didn’t care for the cold and sickness that followed.

Clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth as she scans around for a place to settle to observe the other felines without initiating contact. Arching a brow as she spots Galefrost sitting toward the edge of the clearing, know that he wasn’t the most social feline out there made the decision to sit near him all the more easier. It’s not like she didn’t like socializing with others, it’s just the fact she can come off abrasive and sarcastic that through others off. She thought she has a wonderful personality, but not all thought so. With her destination set in her mind, she makes her way over. Paws pressing against the dry grass, faint yet satisfying crunch could be heard. Fluffed tail swaying side to side gracefully as she pads up to Galefrost. Giving him a small smirk before plopping down a few mouse lengths away from the tall dark grey tom. Wrapping her black tail snuggly around her paws, wiggling her form until she got into a more comfortable position. “What’s with the long face?” She hummed, her voice feminine with a slight rough tone, her apricot eyes on Galefrost as she spoke with a twinkle of amusement in her eyes.

Nettlenose
    Participant

<span style=”font-size: 10pt;”>Galefrost continued to look across the clearing in attempt to make a decision on who he should approach, which seemed like the most difficult thing in the world, but it seemed he didn’t have to. His blue gaze swiveled as his peripheral vision caught a figure headed his direction, the black and white pelt of Whisperinghowl. He knew the she-cat, though not well, and couldn’t remember the last time they had really ever held conversation. However, if she was making the effort to come over, then he wouldn’t deny her the or himself the chance to speak.</span>

<span style=”font-size: 10pt;”>As she came and laid beside him, he felt as if he had so much to say, and yet he wasn’t sure where to begin, his sharp eyes slowly sweeping over her form as she addressed him. “A long face, hm?” The tom questioned, his voice like liquid glass, the sound pleasant and smooth. There was amusement in her eyes, she was jabbing at a joke he assumed, even though she hardly knew him. What an interesting molly. “Perhaps you’re mistaking what’s actually my murderous expression.” He attempted to joke, though wondered if maybe that wasn’t appropriate to say to someone he wasn’t very close to and wouldn’t understand he was joking.</span>

<span style=”font-size: 10pt;”>Clearing his throat, he tilted his head towards her and smiled softly, trying to present a friendly appeal to her. This was more difficult than he thought. “Speaking of cats with foul intention, did you hear about what happened at the Gathering? I wish I could have been there, I’ve only slightly heard by word of mouth about the new deputy’s tense debut.” He continued, looking for common interest. Galefrost held himself a bit rigidly, as if he were uncomfortable. It could have been from the cold breeze drifting into the camp, who knew…</span>

Roach
    Participant

Whisperinghowl~ Windclan Warrior

Whisperinghowl was surprised and proud of herself for actually taking the initiative to approach another feline and try to be social. Many knew of her, for her excellent hunting capabilities, not for her ‘social’ persona. Though she always looked calm and collected on the outside, she was worried on it she appeared too friendly or dare she say: too cocky towards Galefrost. The black and white molly had wanted to make an impression, especially if she was the one actually starting a conversation. Her slim muscles tensing in apprehension as she ‘calmly’ awaits the dark grey Tom’s response. A small twitch to her lips was the only indication of a smile, though her apricot orange eyes twinkled with amusement at his words. Leaning forwards, squinting her eyes as she pretends to study his facial features. “Ah that’s what it was!” She played along, her left ear flicking as if she just figured something out that she had been trying to do the whole time.

Silently she observes his muscles tensing ever so slightly, his eyes wander, and his brows furrow the slightest that indicated his uncomfortableness. Though, she was not sure if it was because she was talking to him or his joke that caused his tensed form. Remaining oblivious as she decided that she would pretend to notice nothing unless he verbally told her to get away. Wiggling her rump as she shifts around for a more comfortable position. Biting her lip to prevent a loud sigh of satisfaction from escaping at the softness of the grass against her sore form. Even though she was on break from repair duties, did not mean that she had done nothing all day. Hunting is one, no; her favorite thing to do to clear her mind or to just pass time. So, hunting is what she did the majority of the day, and boy was she feeling it now.

Black paper thin ears peeking up instantly as he mentions the dramatic events of the gathering. Letting her gaze land on his form as he had her full attention. Whisperinghowl was not one for talking gossip, usually, though she would never turn down an option to listen. “Indeed I did. I am surprised that Hollystar named Kass deputy without going through the warrior code” she hummed, her voice soft, yet held a raspy tone to it. Whispering was not a fan of her voice, found it displeasing to the ears, and found herself sometimes mentally apologizing to those who had to listen to it. “ I cannot believe that the Thunderclan deputy jumped onto the boulder and got in Wolfstar’s face” she added with a grunt of displeasure at the thought of one disrespecting a leader so ruthlessly and so public nonetheless. Flicking the tip of her tail in swift steady rhythms, rolling her stiff and aching shoulders. Feeling and hearing ‘pops’ of her bones and muscles contracting before relaxing into position. Sighing softly in relief at the stiffness ebbing away from her form. “It’s always the interesting gatherings I miss! Tsk it would seem that I am cursed” she sarcastically huffed with a shake of her head. Thick pelt ruffling in the cold wind, small shiver passing through her spine before growing use to the temperature.

Nettlenose
    Participant

The tom found himself relieved that she had responded playfully along with the joke he had regretted making, as well as her fellow interest in the events that had occurred during the Gathering. His frosty eyes glanced her over, noting her behaviors, how she would shift herself and the almost expressionless look to her face besides the tiniest hint of a smile. She was difficult to read, yes, but he liked that. It interested him more, he was more likely to actually enjoy the conversation and not find it a waste of time.

Cursed.” He repeated, raising his brows as he looked back towards her direction. “And who would despise you enough to curse you, I wonder?” Galefrost pondered aloud, his gaze traveling back up to meet the dusky blue of the sky that was hiding between puffs of grey clouds. “It seems WindClan’s been unlucky in general as of late. What with our home flooding and all, good things and good spirits seems to be just what we need…though I’m not sure that I believe all of that. If I were someone to entertain the idea of balance, I’d say we should be in for a mountain of good luck soon.” The warrior drew out. He seemed to be a realist.

I saw that you just re-entered camp. What were you doing?” The darkly coated tom asked with interest, his chin tilted towards her.

Roach
    Participant

Turning her cranium in his direction ever so slightly. Letting her haunting apricot orange gaze study the grey tom near her, it would seem that he was starting to relax the longer she remained. Whisperinghowl could tell that he was very similar to herself; he lives for solitude. Socializing was not his forte, which made her happy to know that she was not the only one that struggles with communicating with others. Glancing away, tilting her head downwards as she studies her white fluffed paws. Absentmindedly picking at the grass with her claws, shaking her paw every once in a while as a piece of grass would get stuck on her every once in a while. Smirking as he questions why she would believe that she was cursed and who would do such a thing. Still with her head pointed down, she tilts her cranium to the side as she eyes him in the corner of her eye. “Who knows but I’m sure someone out there isn’t a fan of me” she simply replies, a soft hum escaping her.

Her eyes widening as small flecks of snow landed on the dried green grass and her pelt. Blinking in surprise before glancing at the light grey clouds as snowflakes filtered out. “Leafbare is definitely here” she muttered with a genuine smile. She loved snow and the cold, might be because of her thick fluffy black and white pelt that kept her warm during the cold moons. “I don’t believe in luck. I believe that everything happens for a reason. Though perhaps there does need to be a balance between good and bad…” her soft raspy voice filtered in the air. “Oh I was just passing time” she vaguely answered. Course, she could have easily have told Galefrost what she had been doing, but what would be the fun in that?

Whisperinghowl hadn’t been doing anything that was worth mentioning. All she had done was roam around the territory, exploring as well as doing some hunting here and there. Inwardly groaning as she now remembered that she would have to venture back to her catches that she hid and bring them back to camp. She had been so absorbed in her thoughts that she had forgotten to retrieve the three squirrels. A small frown adorning her features before sighing and looking back at Galefrost. “You enjoying your break from repairs?” She questioned with an arched brow in his direction.

Nettlenose
    Participant

Galefrost found himself pondering if there could really be someone that disliked the she-cat, his stoic blue gaze flicking over her. He didn’t find her so bad, though he didn’t know her well, so he supposed he shouldn’t be giving it much thought…but this molly seemed simply…genuine.

His chin lifted, lips parting softly with surprise as a flurry fell before his face, his eyes tinted with the slightest bit of curious notion as he followed the flake’s movement to the ground, another landing at Whisperinghowl’s paws. “Snow.” The tom said, his voice soft, and the touch of a smile upon his maw as it began to softly fall around them. “Its like dancing, the way they fall…” Galefrost noted aloud as he shifted to where he was laying down, his head still up and alert and his legs tucked beneath him.

Her views on luck seemed to catch his attention again, and he again found himself looking at her, studying her. She didn’t believe in luck, but he didn’t think she struck him as a pessimistic either. She was simply honest with herself, he thought. Intriguing. The molly’s vague answer only interested him more, his head tilting a bit. What had she been doing, he wondered? Hunting, patrolling…? Just strolling…? Why did he want to know?

At her question, he blinked, and lifted his shoulders in slight shrug. “Truthfully I can’t say I am. I’ve found myself awfully bored today, and yesterday as well. I’m considering stretching my legs here soon and going out…” Galefrost trailed off, his tail giving a fluid swish.

Roach
    Participant

Haunting orange eyes glimmering in amusement as she watches the grey Tom become fascinated in the snow flakes flowing all around them. Her black and white pelt becoming dusted in white flakes, fur ruffling in the wind, though she seemed not to mind. That was one plus of having a thick pelt, the cold did not bother her as much as others. Tilting her head as she silently studies the warrior, his kit-like awe of the snow intrigued her. What was it about the icy cold snow that drew him in? Realizing that she was more than likely staring for too long, caused Whispering to look back up at the sky. Squinting as she ignores the snow flakes covering her face, she wanted to enjoy the beautiful grey sky above.

“They do look like they are dancing. They are celebrating a new life, getting rid of the old to make more room for the new” she hummed, her thoughts drifting to the now bare trees, dead grass, withered flowers. Then images of NewLeaf flickered in her mind; lush green leaves and flowers regrowing, and prey doubling. The earth had a complex way of life; indeed. Wiggling her toes, feeling the cold frozen earth beneath as snow slowly started to coat the plane of Windclan camp. “I find leafbare to be beautiful but also deadly. Sickness always seems to follow the cold” Whisperinghowl added with a small shrug to her slender shoulders.

At Galefrost mentioning taking a stroll, once again reminded her that she needed to venture back out of camp to retrieve her catches. She felt slightly embarrassed at recklessly leaving her hard earned prey hiding under a pile of dead leaves, grass, and sticks near the outer edges of the rolling moors, borderline in the overgrown log territory. With one last wistful glance towards the snowy sky, she rises to her off white colored paws. Turning her slim form to regard Galefrost with a soft smile. “Then let’s go for a stroll and stretch our limbs before winter truly settles in” she suggested as she gestures for the dark grey Tom to join her. She wasn’t about to tell him yet that this was also a mission to retrieve those three field mice that she had sadly forgotten.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory Melting The Ice