Making Amends

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Babbling Brook Making Amends

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tori
    Participant

– W I S T E R I A S T A R –

She didn’t want to be cooped up in her den anymore, she didn’t want to be stuck in camp either, with her clanmates, her healer, and her kin alike walking around her like she were some fragile piece of ice that may shatter if they put too much pressure on it. Wisteriastar was sick of that treatment. She was anything but fragile. She was rigid and strong and even if her heart was aching with grief and loss, she wasn’t going to just break like they thought she might. If anything, she was annoyed that her Clan thought of her as weak. Even if weakness wasn’t what they thought of her, but rather that they were trying to be considerate and sympathetic, she only saw it as an insult to her pride and her ability to care for herself regardless of what she may be going through personally. Or perhaps guarded and closed off would be a better way to describe her heart. Her Clan would certainly never see her shut down. She wouldn’t allow that.

The sun had risen and set but a few times since she had lost not just one, but two of her kits. Pantherstorm, the tom who tried to destroy the balance of the Clans from the inside, and Marblekit, who never got to open her eyes to the beauty that the world could give. One soul was pure and one was rotten to the core. They say that light cannot exist without darkness, and vice-versa but Wisteriastar wondered if there was anything that she could have done to save her kits from their fates. Maybe if she had been a better mother or maybe if she had never taken the ShadowClan leader as a mate… But deep down she knew that that wasn’t the answer. Pantherstorm made his own decisions and she loved Hornetstar from the depths of her heart. Her decisions wouldn’t have changed anything, and even if they could, she wouldn’t have done anything differently.

The calico leader had been so lost in her own thoughts that she hadn’t noticed where her paws had taken her before the sound of rushing water hit her senses. Her tattered ears flicked and she noticed that she had somehow wandered all the way to the brook by the SkyClan border. Dissatisfied, she sighed raggedly, her plumy tail flicking. She had gotten too close to SkyClan territory for her own liking. After all, she still hadn’t forgiven Firestar for taking one of her mate’s lives from him– even if the tom in question had befriended him in the process. She wasn’t one to forgive and forget so easily. Now all she wanted to do was turn around and go back home…

Roach
    Participant

dawn gif | Tumblr

Firestar

Exhaustion. Thats all he felt at this moment, whether that be physically or emotionally, he did not know. It has been several days since the battle of the clan, though his clan had not taken severe losses, did not mean they left unscarred. It would certainly take time for tensions between each clan to blow over; that is–if they ever. Every time he closes his eyes, he would catch glimpse of pieces of the battle that he remembered. Chaos surely knew how to put on a show. If he was being completely honest with himself, he still did not know the true reasonings behind the battle. Firestar was not daft enough to truly believe what Hornetstar and Wisteriastar had told him; that it was simply because Wolfstar had made an act of war. Scoffing softly at just the thought, but he knew at the time that he would get no true answer from those he alliances himself with.

Muscles tensing and flexing beneath his thick ginger pelt as he pads slowly, leisurely through Skyclan territory. He had no true goal set in mind as all he wanted to get away from his clan. Having to deal with not only the aftermath of the battle, but with the recent news that his trusted deputy; Rookfall had gone missing during the battle. It pained him to believe that his dear friend had perished, an unknown death, as no one had barred witness to his demise. That is one thing Firestar feared; dying alone, and he could only imagine how scared and alone Rookfall could have felt during his time of death; that is..if he was truly dead as there was no body to confirm. Scowling in anger as he pushes his way through the brush, not caring for the branches that snagged onto his rugged pelt. He just needed to get away for a while, the emotions of everyone around him was truly suffocating.

A blissful sigh escapes him as he breaks free of the thick foliage, the loud soothing sound of the babbling brook brought him to ease. His flaming gaze flickering over the brook, muscles relaxing as his eyes follow the ripples of the water as it caresses the smoothed stones before continuing its ever going path down the current. Though his serenity did not last long as he sensed another presence before actually seeing her. Shifting his large form slightly as he looks in the direction of Wisteriastar. His eyes narrowing in suspicion as he takes in her tired form, it would seem that the battle had affected her more than she wanted to let on. Firestar could not sympathize with her as he had no kits, therefore could not comprehend the thought of how one must feel in losing one. Pantherstorm aura screamed dark, but that did not mean she loved him any less.

Not being one to offer condolences when in truth he did not mean it, all he does is give her a stiff nod. “Needed a break?” he inquires with an arched brow. Though he cared little for the calico leader, that did not mean he would not be civil–to an extent. The younger leader was not blind, he could easily tell the dislike she held for him, if her sharp tongue towards him weren’t enough of a hint, her glares surely were. Fire being fire loved to irritate others when it was clear they did not like him. Giving her a small smirk as he notices her discomfort and urge to leave, he couldn’t help but add; “Leaving so soon?” his voice dripping in mock hurt as he awaits for her retort.

Tori
    Participant

A familiar voice reached her tattered ears from where she stood along the SkyClan border, one in which she had absolutely no need to hear at the moment. Her orange eyes flickered across the border, where the ginger-furred maine coon leader stood before her. The very last cat she wanted to see now, especially given that she was just thinking moments before how much she hated his guts. The very sight of him made her want to roll her eyes all the way back into her skull. But as much as she disliked Firestar, she didn’t really have the strength to start spitting at him right now. She would never in a hundred lifetimes let him have the thrill of seeing her so defeated, nevertheless knowing he was right. The fact of the matter was though, she was just plain tired. She lost two of her kits in the war and she couldn’t even mourn with her mate. Of course Wisteriastar was juggling heartbreak. 

But Firestar would never have the privilege of seeing the proud RiverClan leader break. Her guard flew back back up immediately and the carefully placed walls that held her facade together were back into place, wiping her mask into a clean state of stoic. “What do you want with me, Firestar?” She asked him, her voice smooth but the demand behind it holding the weight of tons. Clearly she was in no mood to play around with the younger leader. 

Roach
    Participant

River Washington GIF by Jerology - Find & Share on GIPHY

Firestar

He could have sworn that she rolled her eyes heavily at him, but knew that she was too proud to show such outward annoyance at him just conversing with her. Biting his inner cheek to fight off a smile that threatened to pull at the faint frown on his lips, just seeing how hard she was trying to remain the level headed and cold leader she is well known for just greatly amuses him. Tilting his large cranium as he studies her silently, ember eyes calculating her ever so slightly slumped form. No matter how much he would love to call her out on how tired she was, he had enough common sense to not push matters. Sighing through his nostrils as he finally looks away from the calico, in truth he had nothing particularly to say to Wisteriastar. As the two stubborn, hard-headed feline never got off on the right paw, ever since that one particular gathering involving his rash actions toward Kass. Though he did not fail to notice that she became more hostile when he killed Hornetstar, taking one of the Shadowclan leader’s lives. He had pondered many times on why this would truly set her off, and often speculated there was a certain piece he was missing, but would always quickly write it off as her being awfully protective of a dear friend.

His left tattered paper thin ear flicks backward in silent acknowledgment of her bored and clipped tone. Indeed what did he want? Why try to make conversation with one that clearly hates him? Maybe in a way the silence was truly deafening to him, even though he had found the chatter of his clan suffocating not moments before. His mind just could not make up what it truly wanted. Pursing his lips as his gaze settles once more on the hypnotic brook, letting the tranquil sounds of the water rushing down stream calm his tense form. He found the dark blue water to resemble his jumbled thoughts and emotions perfectly. “Who says I want anything?” he hums softly out, barely turning his head to glance over at her. Though he did have a nagging feeling to question her on her clear hatred towards him, as he had never done anything directly to her to cause such cold dislike.

Arching a brow as he gives her a blank look before casually adding; “Though now that you mention it…there is something I want. I want to know the reasoning behind your hatred? From what I can recall I have never done anything personally to you” his tone remaining flat as he hides his emotions well. In a way he did not care that she disliked him, as he knew many did not fancy him for his brash and sarcastic attitude, though he could not see why, he found himself very charming. “Well–“ pausing as he gives her a small teasing grin, “I do know I killed your dear friend, but its not like he stayed dead. Yes; it was impulsive, but it happened. I cannot change the past and if Hornetstar can forgive me, then so should you. May I remind you that he is the one that died” he reasons, his voice dipping in a silvery tone with a hint of his natural gruffness; pleasant to the ear. In all honestly, he was more curious for her reasons than wanting to change her perspective on him, as Firestar knew that Wisteriastar would more than likely never look past his previous actions, but he could easily say the same for her.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Roach.
    Tori
    Participant

The SkyClan leader’s response surprised her somewhat, as in all honesty, she didn’t believe first and foremost that the fiery tom cared in the slightest how others felt about him. And on top of that, his introduction to the Clan ranks at the Gathering from long before had gone so sourly in the beginning, she found it difficult to believe that he didn’t have more enemies among the ranks than he did friends. “Why do you even care that I don’t like you? Neither do half of the other leaders.” She retorted, her breath but a sharp sigh. “If you must know, I find your attitude insufferable. You’re so arrogant and narcissistic that it makes my head spin. It’s like you walk around with the title of leader in this false sense of ego and pride without having done anything of worth to earn the respect of the other Clans.”

However, Firestar continued to babble, this time speaking once more of the life he reaped from Hornetstar- something that made her blood boil at the mere mention of it. The SkyClan tom of course had no knowledge of their true relationship, but that didn’t mean she appreciated his garbage attitude any more than she had before. The RiverClan leader got to her paws and unsheathed her claws, scrapping them agitatedly against the stone of the riverbed. “Would you like to even the playing field?” Wisteriastar spat, “Because I can kill you right here and now with no shred of remorse in my heart.”

Roach
    Participant

Time lapse of Snow melting [HD] on Make a GIF

Firestar

It seemed that she truly did not like his question, her hesitance told him that it was definitely unexpected. He surprised himself for even asking such a thing, very unlike him to question why one does not like him. For reasons unknown her cold shoulder and anger towards him had him wanting to know the reason by such actions. Firestar had never shown such attitude to her, sure he was sarcastic and teasing, but he was like that with everyone. He had only ever truly disliked her and the rest of the leaders during the gathering when he was deputy, he still could not fathom why they allowed Kass to walk all over them, but when he makes the decision for them to put Kass in her place, he is the bad guy. Very twisted way of thinking. Blinking up at her as she reveals her feelings about him, ears flicking backwards as he takes every verbal blow with ease. His features remaining calm and neutral as he allows her to get everything off her chest. ‘Really doesn’t like me’ his mind mutters within. “I do not care if you don’t like me, I just simply wanted to know the reason” Firestar hums out with a small nod as he takes everything in.

He was surprised that he felt no anger or hurt at her sharp-tongued words, she sure knew how to deliver a blow without raising a paw. “Why must I earn your respect as well as the other leaders when you have not earned mine?” he questions, there was no ill intent in his tone, just a mere observation. “I will not deny that I am not arrogant or narcissistic, I will not hide who I am, I am not going to hide behind a facade just to make my presence more tolerable to you” he defends with a huff. Though her last words in regards acting like a kit with a false title of leadership stung, “I know I don’t have the best reputation from the gathering when I was a deputy, but it is not like you or any of the other leaders are any better” he reasons, making sure his tone conveyed that he was simply stating facts, not trying to jab at the already agitated Riverclan Leader. “I am not asking you to like me, but less death glares would be appreciated if this alliance is going to continue in the future” that’s all he asked, for her to be reasonable enough to not chalk him up for all of his faults so quickly.

Inwardly wincing at it seemed bringing up Hornetstar was not the best idea, furrowing his brows at her overly hostile aura and stance. Gracefully rising to his full height as he approaches the invisible border that barely separates him from her wrath. Sighing impatiently at her childish actions, who was acting like a kit now? Scrutinizing her with a look of indifference, “The only one I will allow to even the playing field would be Hornetstar. I know you are very close with him, but it’s his fight if he wants to repay me for my harsh actions” Firestar says with no emotion in his words. Arching an unimpressive brow at the venom in her statement, her blazing cold eyes staring into his. There is a brief silence between them, his mind overworking to figure out a way to word his thoughts without angering the easily worked up calico any more than he already had.

“I am not perfect. Trust me I know, and I also know that you nor any of the leaders believe I have what it takes to be leader. But–there is something I have learned during my time as leader. None of us have what it takes to be leader…at least not at first” biting his lip before settling down once more, telling her through body language that he was no threat. “For whatever reason Starclan chose me to take Blazestar’s place, I have every reason to hold the leader title as you, Hornetstar, Hollystar, and Wolfstar. I am not like you, being the respectful leader, I am going to make my title my own. You just need cut down on the judgement as I am sure there are things you have done that you are not proud of? I have let you say what you wanted, I have let you belittle me, but that’s where it ends” he finalizes as he lets his reddish orange gaze clash with her lighter orange ones. “Whether you like it or not I am the leader of SkyClan and that’s not changing anytime soon. I would like us to at least be civil with one another and not at each other’s throats during every encounter” he requests, he was putting his pride aside to reason with her, to explain in his own way that he understood her reasonings and respected her for them, but would not let them define him as he continues forward in his journey to being leader.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Babbling Brook Making Amends