Look a-likes (Dark and Sorrel)

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp Look a-likes (Dark and Sorrel)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Sorrelember ~ RiverClan Queen

Nearly a full moon had gone by since she had given birth to her first litter, and honestly they were favored greatly by her family. The first kittens in a while of a dry spell for the clan and it was refreshing to watch her kittens open their eyes and begin to feel their way around. Dawnkit and Cherrykit were laying in the nest, talking quietly to each other but she knew her daughters were too lazy and tired to run around like their brothers. Speaking of which, her fiery orange eyes flickered towards the two dark grey tomcats. Eclipsekit had figured out how to run before he learned how to walk, while his darker furred brother, Leapingkit, hadn’t been too far behind. They both had so much spirit within them, reminding her of Sootrain. A soft sigh slipped from her lips as she slowly looked away from her tumbling sons, lowering her head to slowly lick at her chest fur. It had been a while since she could actually enjoy the sunlight in the early morning, her long tail flickering behind her as she soaked up the morning heat. However, her ears twitched slightly when she heard Leapingkit exclaim in an excited voice. “That’s him! That’s the Tom I was telling you, Eclipsekit.” Leapingkit was practically jumping on his toes, while Sorrelember lifted her head with furrowed eyebrows in simple confusion at what her two sons were so excited about. Walking out from the warriors den was a dark grey striped tomcat that she knew by the name of Darkfish, he was a quiet Tom but he was easy on the eyes. If anyone hadn’t known any better, he could have easily passed for the father of her sons.

“That’s our dad!” Eclipsekit agreed with a big smile, of course when Sorrelember heard this, her heart faltered and she found herself staring in shock as she watched her two kittens rush forth to try and speak with the tomcat. “Daddy! Daddy wait!” Eclipsekit and Leapingkit hollered, their eyes bright with excitement. Oh… my… Sorrelember felt her face heat up instantly out of embarrassment, her ears laying flat as the queen instantly jumped up and started to hurry after her sons. “Leapingkit. Eclipsekit.” Sorrelember meowed through gritted teeth, her pelt burning with shame that the poor unsuspecting Tom was being targeted by her kits. “He’s our daddy! Momma!” Leapingkit argued as his orange eyes gazed up at Darkfish with admiration. Sorrelember was lost for words for a brief moment before she reluctantly met the gaze of Darkfish. “I… I am so sorry, Darkfish. I-I honestly don’t know where they got that t-thought.” Sorrelember was stumbling over her words, the painted fur along her scruff standing upright in her embarrassment as she gazed down at her two kittens, trying to scoop them back towards her with an outstretched paw.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

It was just a typical morning. Darkfish was exiting the warriors’ den, intending to go on a solo hunting trip. The dark furred tomcat was minding his own business, trying to cross the clearing to leave camp, when all of a sudden he heard a commotion. He stopped to look, only to see two little kits rushing towards him, hollering at the top of their little lungs. ‘Daddy? What? I’ve never… Have I? No, I haven’t,’ The poor tom squinted down at the kits, obvious confusion on his face “I… excuse me? I’m not-“ He cut off as another voice piped up. It was  the kits’ mother, coming to rescue him from her overzealous offspring.

When he looked up to meet her gaze, everything clicked. It was Sorrelember. The father of her kits was dead. If there had been a deadbeat tom or it had been a case of the she-cat fooling around with an outsider, perhaps Darkfish would have been irritated… but these kits were still too young to understand death. The tom sighed and shook his head, giving the queen a brief sympathetic look. “You know what? It’s alright. I suppose we do look kind of alike, hm?” He could tell that the poor she-cat was mortified, so there was no need for him to get all huffy and make it worse for her. He looked down at her sons, whiskers twitching a bit. He sighed and gently flicked the little tom on their noses with his tail, attempting to make a friendly gesture. “Sorry to disappoint, little ones,” He mewed, looking to Sorrelember to make sure he hadn’t offended her.

Feared
    Participant

To say she was surprised was an understatement, this tomcat was the offspring of Stonefall and Blossomfire, they weren’t totally known for their compassion. But the Tom she saw before her seemed to read the situation and instead of roughly putting her sons back in the place within society, he was gentle but firm. She blinked slowly as she looked down at Leapingkit and Eclipsekit as they leaned into their mothers forelegs, staring up at Darkfish with confusion but also wonder. Her sons giggled and wiggled their little noses when Darkfish’s tail lightly booped them, but they didn’t miss a lick as they gazed up at him, Leapingkit being the first one to speak. “So… he’s not our daddy?” He sounded more confused than disappointed, looking away from Darkfish and gazing up at his mother. Sorrelember cleared her throat and gave her son a tight smile. “No, he’s not. But he is a very nice warrior and you two should apologize.” Sorrelember said, her eyes watching the kittens carefully as her two sons seemed unsure as they looked back up at Darkfish. They were sure that they had the right tomcat. “You sure?” Eclipsekit muttered shyly, but instantly quit his questioning when he received a glare from Sorrelember. “I’m sorry, mister.” Eclipsekit instantly meowed, appearing bashful as he backed away from the dark furred warrior while Leapingkit was less sure.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry too. You might not be our daddy… but I like you.” Leapingkit decided as he took a step forward and gently rubbed his tiny body against the large foreleg of the tomcat before he hurried back towards his brother, tumbling into the other little dark furred Tomkit while Sorrelember cleared her throat, ears folding back against her head. “I really am sorry about that, Darkfish. Once they are older, I’ll explain what actually happened to their father.” She sighed, eyes closing for a moment as she took in a deep breath before opening her eyes once more and gazing at the handsome tomcat. “I’ll keep them at bay from now on… is there any way I can repay your generosity?” She finally meowed, she was no fool, she knew he didn’t have to be so kind about the mix-up, but he had chose to be so and sadly for him it only made her sons that much more fond of him.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Darkfish raised an eyebrow as Leapingkit came forward to rub against his foreleg. Even after learning that he was not their father, the little ones still seemed to like him. How odd. The dark tom’s whiskers twitched in amusement as the two kits skittered off to play. He’d never really cared for kits, always viewing them as annoying, loud furballs… but maybe he could make an exception for this bunch. They were pretty cute, if he were being honest with himself. He returned his attention to Sorrelember, flicking his tail when she asked about repaying him.

“Look, Sorrelember, I know I’m a part of a…” He hesitated, clearing his throat in an attempt to refrain from saying a word that was not appropriate for kit ears. “…lovely family, but I’m not heartless.” His tone was blunt, but there was no anger or hostility in his words. “I know what it’s like to have some cat tower over you, screaming because of a simple mistake, and besides, you already looked embarrassed enough. I’m sure you don’t need me causing a scene over a small case of mistaken identity. I don’t need repayment.” He simply shrugged his shoulders and turned away, figuring that the conversation was over. He wanted to get out of camp quickly so he could hunt, come back, and have his morning meal. Perhaps he would check some borders as well. Tensions were still high after that battle, and StarClan knew that those lousy ThunderClan and WindClan cats could try to start something any day now.

The battle.

Realization flashed across Darkfish’s face He paused and turned to face Sorrelember once again, voice dropping to a softer, more sympathetic tone. “I, um… I’m sorry about your brother. Losing him so suddenly must have been hard. I know we don’t really know each other, but, uh, if you ever want to talk, I’ll listen.”

Feared
    Participant

She could tell that she had slightly irritated Darkfish with her request to repay his kindness, but she was no fool. She knew he belonged to a family that was harsh with words and even bullied others around within the Clan, she had even been a victim at one point as a young apprentice. Her flaming orange eyes watched Darkfish as he formed his thought before he spoke, causing her ears to sit up slightly as she listened. Clearly he knew the family that he came from was anything but lovely and she couldn’t help the slight smirk that rose along her pale white lips at his use of the term, but she appreciated that he hadn’t used a much more appropriate term as her wee kittens didn’t need to know curses just yet. Although she blinked when he said he wasn’t heartless, she was surprised to say the least. That’s exactly what she had thought about that particular family, they didn’t even care for each other! They had to be heartless. Even though his words were blunt and almost void of any emotion, they were passionate and sincere nevertheless. Eyebrows furrowed slightly for a moment, she had caught the notion that Darkfish had been in a similar position where he had been yelled at for something small, but she didn’t dare question it. She didn’t know him well enough. “Well alright then.” She meowed in a huff as he turned away and began to walk away.

Sorrelember also turned to head back towards her tumbling kittens, but Darkfish’s deep voice caught her attention again, causing her stop in mid-movement as she turned her chin to gaze at the handsome tomcat. Her heart flinched at the mention of Pantherstorm and she found her eyes dropping to the ground as sorrow and anger filled them. She missed her brother terribly, but he hadn’t been the brother she knew as young apprentices. Somewhere along the line he had morphed into a monster, one that was even responsible for the war that occurred. He got what he deserved. Sorrelember thought darkly, before her gaze lifted once more, his soft and tender tone hadn’t gone unnoticed. “Thank you, Darkfish… I might take you up on that.” She smiled softly, he had offered her an outlet to vent and perhaps one of these days she would take him up on it. Shifting slightly her long tail slightly ran along his hip, giving him a small nod. “Happy hunting.” Sorrelember smiled, before she turned and moved towards Leapingkit as he laid on his brother and chewed on his pointed ear.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp Look a-likes (Dark and Sorrel)