Like The Sun, I Will Rise (Wolf&Golden) [CLOSED]

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp WindClan Leader’s Den Like The Sun, I Will Rise (Wolf&Golden) [CLOSED]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Wolfstar
    Participant

Mouse-brains. The lot of them! Wolfstar had retreated into his den as soon as they got back to WindClan camp. Desertrose had suggested he begin a Clan meeting so they could all discuss what had occurred or what their next move was. But the large tom had to disagree, unable to keep his head and thoughts clear for a serious conversation. His Clan would have to wait. He paced the floor, stomping his large paws as he padded to one side of the den and then the other. His ears were flat against the back of his head as he went over what Hornetstar had said. ‘I guess we know who WindClan will go running to when things get tough.’ A sly grin laced Wolfstar’s muzzle. If only you knew, Hornetstar. WindClan doesn’t run to anybody. More anger boiled in his chest, and for the first time in a long time, Wolfstar imagined slicing his claws over the ShadowClan leader’s face. 

This was so unlike Wolfstar. The last time he had ever felt like this was when Scorpionstrike had taunted him for the last time at a Gathering. Why was it that he snapped at Gatherings? Did he make a fool of himself like the first time? I don’t care. He continued to pace, his eyes narrowing more and more until his face was set at a glare. “WindClan will no longer sit idly by,” he growled to the empty den, his voice bouncing off the den walls. “will not sit idly by.” It was clear to him now that ShadowClan and RiverClan were allies, which was dangerous. Wisteriastar and Hornetstar were both stubborn leaders, unable to look through others’ point of views, unable to see passed their own borders and realize certain actions had consequences. Wolfstar shook his head, promising himself he would no longer be the quiet leader that watched the chaos before him. 

Feared
    Participant

Goldenrose ~ WindClan Warrior

She knew very well that her mate was upset from the events that occurred at the gathering. The pace that had been set from the tall and broad tomcat had been fierce, young apprentices were practically sprinting to keep up with the group. She said nothing however, seeing Wolfstar this upset was new territory for her and so she would have to see this in a calm light. Upon returning to the camp, she barely just spotted Wolfstar stomping to their den, frowning only faintly before she spoke with Desertrose, giving her words of encouragement and to keep the minds of WindClanners calm for now. Wolfstar would speak with them when he was able. As she walked to the den, her ears perked up as she could hear her mate ranting to no one within their den, nose twitching in thought before she gingerly slipped within their den. Wolfstar needed to vent, he would only calm down once he got his mind cleared. What she saw didn’t surprise her, she silently watched as Wolfstar padded from one side of the den to the other, his large paws thumping against the packed dirt and stone. His ears were laid back against his head in frustration and his eyes were wild. Doing her best, she stayed silently as she walked towards their shared nest, moving delicately so not to distract him of his walk.

Lowering herself into a sitting position, vibrant green eyes looked towards Wolfstar’s face as she gave him a tender smile. “Are you okay?” She questioned, merely trying to provoke him into speaking without boldly saying so. Chin tilted ever so slightly as the white and rose gold dappled she-cat slowly shifted to where her long tail curled over her dainty paws. “Things got a little bit heated back there.” Goldenrose meowed, expressing her concern but not so much that he would hold back. Desertrose was his back up for the Clan, to help with the organization and ruling. While Goldenrose was his emotional support, she was to insure of his health and safety. Despite the urge she had to walk up to him and plant kisses along his face and press her pelt to his to calm him, she stayed put within their nest.

Wolfstar
    Participant

The soft voice of his mate stopped Wolfstar in his tracks, and he turned his head to look at the golden-flecked she-cat. Even in the dark, she was still able to brighten a den with her presence. He blinked slowly and scoffed at her question, although the scoff wasn’t directed towards her. “No, I’m not okay. These leader’s think they know everything. They’re too stubborn and hard-headed to see clearly, or to even see over their own needs. Whether we like it or not, we’re all living near each other as five Clans. We may be separate Clans, but we’re together in it. They’re bickering like badgers, and it’s driving me insane.” He shook his large head and stared out the entrance of the den. “Not only that, but now I know for sure that RiverClan and ShadowClan are in an alliance. I mean, everyone knows we’re close to ThunderClan, but…there’s something ominous about the fact that Hornetstar and Wisteriastar might be close. I feel like they would plan something. Hollystar and I have each other’s backs, but we’re not conniving. And Hornetstar acted like a kit when he stormed off after what I suggested.” 

Wolfstar growled. It was deep and thunderous, echoing all throughout the den. He knew Goldenrose was most likely nervous about how he was acting, so he made sure not to direct any of his anger towards her. The last thing he needed was an angered mate at his side. “I don’t get it. Why are they so closed-minded? Why can’t they all stay on their own side of the border and try to get along with their neighbors? All of this started because Hollystar decided to make a rogue deputy, which was just stupid to begin with.” His blue eyes rolled and he once again began to pace, his tail streaming behind him and lashing with each pawstep. Wolfstar felt fearful this would all end in a battle with WindClan and ThunderClan against ShadowClan and RiverClan. What about SkyClan? Who knew where the tree-climbers stood in all of this, but maybe it was about time Wolfstar found out.

Feared
    Participant

She listened silently, ignoring the scoff, she simply knew it was directly placed towards her but more so towards the leaders. Goldenrose knew better than to speak while Wolfstar ranted on and on, but throughout his ranting she could easily his facial expressions. Irritation and worry. Wolfstar was worried about the way Hornetstar and Wisteriastar were reacting, which she had to admit was odd, but nothing out of the ordinary. Hornetstar certainly lived up to his name, he was as mean and prude as a hornet looking for a victim to sting just because it could. While Wisteriastar was her stoic self, boredly following the rules laid out before them by their ancestors without a second to think to improve these rules of Clan life. Although she was silently relieved that ThunderClan was allied with WindClan, but Hollystar had no control over Bluefire or Peachblossom… what hope did she have of controlling the rest of her warriors? Worried as she was, she kept this thought to herself as her mate growled.

Ears stood upright in surprise when her mate growled so viciously, her attention zoning in to the sound. This certainly wasn’t like Wolfstar, but she had to admit that she liked this side of him. Wild and untamable as he refused to be pushed down and stepped on. His expression was stern and fierce, causing her cheeks to warm as she was once against reminded of how handsome her mate was. There he went again, tail lashing and his paws thumping about the den as he stormed around. “Very stupid, but I have to admit that it was a bold move made by Hollystar.” She admitted, although she allowed him to brood in his own thoughts for a moment before she stood up and walked towards him. “You’re cutting a path in the dirt.” She teased softly, rubbing her body down the length of him in an attempt to calm him before she looked him in the face. “The other leaders are too stubborn for change because they aren’t you.” Goldenrose meowed, her tongue scraping along his cheek in a kiss before she turned and walked back towards the nest to stay out of his way. “You have an open mind and you are willing for change. Look at Nightpaw. Others would have glanced her over and knew she would have died soon, but you took the chance and she’s a healthy apprentice and a valuable addition to this clan. You made that choice and I’ll stand by it. You have my full support. You aren’t alone in this.” She reassured him, smiling softly as she rolled a paw in his direction. “Now… continue.” Goldenrose purred.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar’s paws continued to thud on the ground, dust rising up with each harsh step. However, the feel of Goldenrose’s pelt brushing against his flank made him stop pacing, and he leaned into her warmth. Her lovely scent wrapped around his mind, forcing him to relax his muscles and calm himself. Her presence was appreciated, but her touch was more than welcomed. The WindClan leader placed his chin on top of her head, closing his blue eyes to enjoy this moment. But that was short-lived. His thoughts continued to race once more and he lifted his head up to look his mate in the eyes. “It’s bold, yes, but not for her,” he meowed, referring to her comment of Hollystar. “A leader who can back their decision up should make a decision like that. She is losing her Clan, Goldenrose. I started these meetings with her to try and teach her the confidence a leader needs to have. That’s not my place, I know, but we’re sort of in a pact with them. I can’t just watch ThunderClan fail. It started to work. She grew more into herself, and has learned to be more confident in her choices, but then that calico-feline came along and messed everything up. Hollystar is Kass’ pawn,  and she has her right where she wants her. Hollystar’s warriors, and medicine cat, don’t respect her enough to treat her like a leader anymore.” 

Wolfstar didn’t necessarily like talking this way about a friend of his, but he had to let it out. These feelings were getting packed in his chest, and he had no outlet other than Goldenrose. The anxiety in his mind was starting to take a toll on him, and he lowered himself on his haunches to stop their slight shaking. “I think I need to set up a meeting with Hollystar and Kass. I need to know who I’m dealing with. I was thinking of bringing Desertrose tomorrow night to see Hollystar and ask if we could speak with Kass. What do you think?” Wolfstar looked at his mate, hope sparkling in his gaze.

Feared
    Participant

She listened silently to her mate and found a small smile threatening to curl at her lips, he was calming down slowly but she stayed silent. Eyes lowered away from Wolfstar as she looked towards the ground as she contemplated what he was saying about Kass and Hollystar, pressing her lips together as she couldn’t imagine WindClan pulling away from their leader and disrespecting Wolfstar. Slowly her vibrant green eyes rose once more to peer at her mates facial expression, she could see the anxiety and the stress that was weathering his brows and creating permanent frowning creases. Goldenrose hated to see him so torn over something, but he was the leader of an entire clan and had to worry and mull over every little thing. Silently she wished there was more that she could do for her mate, but honestly that was what Desertrose was there for, to be a shoulder for Wolfstar to lean against. While she listened to his insecurities and worries, lifting her chin just a little higher as her mate finally lowered himself onto his haunches to mull over something in his mind before he spoke.

Goldenrose wasn’t exactly too happy he had been meeting with Hollystar in the first place, it wasn’t his place in life to teach her to be a better leader and it also made her feel worried about his feelings for the black furred she-cat. She would never voice these concerns but it would seem that he was needing her opinion once more. “I…” She hesitated for a moment, her eyes searching his face before she spoke. “I think that’s a grand idea. Although… I would take Hollystar and Kass with a pinch of death berries. They are from a different clan and allegiances change all the time to suit the need of the Clan. Just be careful, love.” She finally meowed, standing up as she padded towards Wolfstar and licked along his chin and neck. His scent course through her scent glands endlessly, causing her to purr as she rubbed her cheek against the crease of where his neck met his shoulder blade. “Getting a better grasp of Kass wouldn’t be a bad idea, but do not let her push us around. We are not their clan mates.” She warned, lifting her head to gently pressed her nose against his own.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar nodded his head slowly as Goldenrose warned him to be careful, and to be wary of the ThunderClan cats no matter what. This he knew, but he definitely needed to hear it out loud. He had been so wrapped up in trying to keep both WindClan and ThunderClan safe that he almost forgot ThunderClan was a different Clan entirely. There was a lot to think about, but he decided to ponder over it in the morning. Goldenrose’s tongue on his chin and neck was the comfort he needed, and his eyes closed as he felt the vibrations of her purr. When her cheek pressed against his neck, he curled his body to wrap around hers, his own purr thunderous. “You do very well at distracting me, my queen,” he meowed, a chuckle bubbling from his lips. “I am so glad you’re back in our den. It was hard to sleep with you gone in the nursery for six moons.” 

Suddenly, a low growl of thunder turned Wolfstar’s attention to the entrance of their den, and he stepped away from Goldenrose to peer his head outside. Black clouds sprawled across the sky, billowing in from the direction of the Gathering Place. It was almost pitch black with not even starlight to guide their paws. The air grew heavy and thick and the smell of rain wafted throughout the clearing. The leader slipped back in the den, his eyebrows creasing with worry. “I don’t think StarClan is pleased with what’s going on. They haven’t visited me in quite a while either.” It wasn’t uncommon for the WindClan leader to have the occasional dream of an ancestor visiting him. Usually it was Cremefur, or his daughter, Blizzardfall. But, this past moon they were silent, keeping their distance from him and only causing him to worry more. I’ll speak with Nettlenose and Startledcrow tomorrow about it. Shaking his head slightly, he gave Goldenrose a loving smile, his blue eyes brightening at the sight of her beauty. Although it was dark outside, the golden flecks on her coat still shone somehow. “You are my bright light in this dark world, Goldenrose. I thank StarClan every day for you.” He reached forward and rasped his tongue between her eyes and forehead.

Feared
    Participant

A smile reached her lips as she could feel the taunt muscles within Wolfstar’s back begin to relax with her signs of affection, his anger beginning to melt away as he spoke of his concerns and allowed for her to comfort him. He seemed to like the attention as he soon curled his body around hers, which wasn’t very hard as his long and muscular body surrounded hers while a gentle purr vibrated within her throat. “So I’ve been told.” Goldenrose was referring to being a good distraction for him, rubbing her nose gently into his cheek in order to calm his wrecked nerves. “I am too. And I don’t plan on going anywhere.” She breathed softly, breathing in his rich and masculine scent with a gentle sigh. Paper-thin triangular eats stood upright as she heard the low growling rumble of thunder echoed outside of their den, blinking wordlessly when Wolfstar stepped away from her in order to investigate the storm that was beginning to roll in. “Some rain will do the land some good.” Goldenrose said softly, noticing the muscles within his neck and back were tight with anxiety.

However, as Wolfstar walked back inside of the den, his eyebrows were creased heavily with worry as his eyes seemed unfocused. “StarClan is probably just as worried and confused as we are, love. StarClan consists of ancestors from every clan, perhaps they aren’t happy with themselves either.” She offered, giving him a faint smile as she tried to ease his mind even just a little bit. Goldenrose didn’t know much of the ways of StarClan, she didn’t have the connection that Wolfstar and the medicine cats held with their ancestors but she knew it took a toll on them. Goldenrose was surprised when he shook his head and peered at her with such a tender smile, it was contagious as she felt her own lips curl in a small smile. Her cheeks warmed heavily with his compliment, a purr tickling the back of her throat as he walked forward to rasp his tongue between her eyes and forehead, such a tender kiss for such a large tomcat. “You still are a charming flirt.” She retorted gently, looking up at him as she gently licked his muzzle. “I believe in you Wolfstar, and I definitely stand at your side no matter what happens. But I have to admit.. I was impressed with your display tonight at the gathering. You are strong my love, don’t forget that in the days ahead.” She nuzzled close to him, enjoying his warmth as a soft sigh left her lips and rustled his chest fur.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Could it be that StarClan wasn’t happy as well, like Goldenrose suggested? He couldn’t imagine his dead ancestors fighting amongst each other, staring down at the Clans with frowns on their faces, their own tails lashing with frustration. The image disappointed him, and he hoped that wasn’t the case. If StarClan was having their own struggles then how would they be able to help the Clans’? Wolfstar was grateful that he was now able to push the worries from his mind for the rest of the night, his facial muscles relaxing into calmer expression. When his mate teased at his flirtatious manner, he gave her a wink and nuzzled his nose into her cheek fur. “I need to make sure I’m charming as often as possible so you don’t slip away from my claws,” he mused. However, his ear tips got slightly warm at her praise, and he gave her a soft smile. He felt lucky to have such a strong she-cat by his side, supporting him no matter what. And, it definitely boosted up his self-confidence when she admitted she was also impressed.

Wolfstar never doubted his strength, but he knew several others did. “I believed it was time to show my strength,” he meowed, nodding his head. “I believe Hornetstar truthfully feels that WindClan would go to ThunderClan for help…when you and I both know it would be the other way around. I can’t have anyone else think I, or my Clan, is weak. I promise to be better at that.” And I need to make sure my Clan knows that as well. The large, gray-and-white tom knew his Clanmate’s believed in him and would follow him anywhere, but it helped to have a leader show his strength and courage outside of the Clan as well as inside. Changing the subject, Wolfstar blinked softly at his mate. “I have decided to give Wildpaw a chance at becoming a warrior. I know what Nettlenose and Startledcrow said didn’t sound good, but I want him to try and figure it out on his own. If not…” He shrugged. “I hope he still finds his place here.

Feared
    Participant

She couldn’t help but smile when Wolfstar nuzzled his nose into her cheek fur, her left eye closing for a brief moment before he pulled his big head back. Blinking up at him for a moment before she rolled her big green eyes towards the roof of their den, smirking faintly. “Who is going to be interested in stealing me? They all know I’m crazy.” She teased right back, fully at ease beside her mate as she watched as he seemed to become flustered because of her praise, causing her purr to deepen. Wolfstar was often too modest and didn’t accept praise very well, but tonight with the help of her calming his nerves, he seemed to accept the praise with little argument, besides giving her a small lecture. “Yes, yes. I have no doubt you will get better at that.” She smiled softly, leaning in towards him as she licked his cheek before she settled into a sitting position, her slender frame leaning into his much larger frame. Thick and solid.

She blinked when he changed the subject, driving straight through a tender matter. Lips pressed together as her mind flickered back to the conversation that had been held between all of them, her green eyes leaving his face for a brief moment as her tongue clicked against the roof of her mouth. “Do you really think that’s a good idea…? I don’t want to loose our son because he tries to be a warrior.” She frowned, although she certainly agreed to let their son try, she still had that nagging feeling in the back of her mind. “He looked so crushed.” She sighed softly, leaning her cheek against her mates shoulder. “If I could.. I’d give him my health. StarClan knows I’m just your cuddle bunny.” She snorted as she looked up at Wolfstar briefly with a small smile before her smile fell and a sigh left her lips. Goldenrose was worried about this, but she did want Wildpaw to have a normal life.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar closed his eyes as he pressed his nose to her cheek and breathed in her scent, his chest getting lighter and lighter with love. He knew Goldenrose was worried about Wildpaw, as was he, but he also knew she held a deeper connection with their kits. He had been unable to care for them as much as he had hoped when they were still in the nursery, and they relied heavily on his golden-flecked mate to care and nurture them while he was leading the Clan. But, he also knew that could make her feel a lot more nervous about making decisions on how to handle their kits when they were injured or ill. No parent wanted their kits to suffer, but Wolfstar had a feeling forcing their son to try and train would help him realize his place in the Clan. “I know you’re fearful of losing him more, but I think this will help him. He is very much like me, Goldenrose, he’ll be angry if he doesn’t try. When he figures out for himself that his path isn’t as a warrior like Nettlenose and Startledcrow said then he’ll figure out his place. I know he will.I hope he will. 

Wolfstar lifted his head so he could look at her fallen face, his own lips falling into a curved frown. “He did look crushed, didn’t he? He would have made an amazing warrior…I want to be angry at StarClan for letting it happen, but maybe they have a bigger plan for him. So, let’s try to look at the positive side of things, because we never know what good will come from it.” He lifted his tail and traced it along her spine. “And you are way more than just my cuddle bunny. You are my strength when I’m weak, as well as the Clan’s strength when it is needed. Everyone looks up to you and respects you, Goldenrose.” He rasped his tongue between her eyes once again, a purr beginning to rumble in his throat. Wolfstar felt lucky to have her by his side for the rest of his life, to cheer him on when he felt like he was failing. Even though he turned to his deputy and medicine cat’s for the tougher decisions, she always supported him even if she was hesitant over it. “We are a good team, my love. I, and the Clan, are lucky to have you. Although, I feel slightly more lucky because I get to do this.” 

Quickly, Wolfstar nudged Goldenrose’s side until she was flat on the ground, and his paws pressed on her shoulders to keep her from getting up. His blue eyes brightened, his mood completely changed from when he had first entered the den. He pressed his muzzle to the side of her neck and growled, the vibration in his muzzle and teeth tickling her.

Feared
    Participant

Wolfstar could obviously sense her growing worry and anxiety over this as he pressed his nose to her cheek, causing her eye to close but she didn’t mind. He was reassuring her while also himself as she listened to him breathe in heavily. Although his words were slightly comforting, she was still frowning as she looked down at her paws as his words churned over and over within her mind as she kept going over what he had said. Her mate wasn’t wrong, that their son was a lot like him in both his personality and spirit, and Wolfstar was very much a fighter. Sighing softly, her chest fell slightly with the action before her vibrant green eyes flickered towards Wolfstar to look him in the eye as he lifted his head to gaze at her more closely as she felt the reasoning within his words. “I… suppose.” Goldenrose frowned, looking away from him for a brief moment as she thought over what he was saying before she gave a small shake of her head. “It’s not my decision, no matter how worried I am. Wildpaw isn’t a kit anymore… perhaps you should talk to him or maybe have his mentor ask him if he wants to continue to train.” She suggested, although the words stung the back of her throat. No mother wanted to see their kit in pain and possibly cause more harm to themselves but she knew that Wolfstar had a point. Wildpaw knew how much to push his body and wouldn’t understand his place within the clan if he didn’t at least try.

At the feeling of his tail trace along her spine, she smiled softly finally and felt a small purr tickle at the back of her throat as she looked back up at Wolfstar. Although she hadn’t expected him to comment of her just being his cuddle bunny, his words of encouragement caused her cheeks and ears to burn with his praises. “I-I know that..” She fumbled with her words, blinking when his tongue ran along the space between her eyes as he purred. “Flattery will only get you so far.” She finally managed with a small smile, looking up at him with a questioning look when she noticed the expression that was beginning to cross over his face. “Do what?” She questioned, ears standing upright with her curiosity before she was nudged down to the ground.

Goldenrose allowed a soft and breathy laugh to escape her lips when her mate pushed her down to the ground, her stomach flat against the ground as his paws pressed against her shoulders. “That’s not fair!” She exclaimed, although her mates muzzle was pressed into her neck as he growled. Eyes widened as the force of his growl tickled her neck, causing the fur along her back to stand up with the sensation. “Noooo!” Goldenrose immediately laughed, turning her chin to where she nipped at his ears. Her cheeks were burning while her eyes were now glistening tears from the tickling sensation. Her slender body was squirming under his firm body, huffing with the laughs. Using her head she nudged his muzzle off of her neck and then turned her face to where she gently nipped at his neck and shoulder blade. “Naughty Tom.” She mused, trying time regain her breath as she gazed up at him.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp WindClan Leader’s Den Like The Sun, I Will Rise (Wolf&Golden) [CLOSED]