Like a Lucid Nightmare [Holly/Briar]

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp ThunderClan Leader’s Den Like a Lucid Nightmare [Holly/Briar]

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by Lux.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lux
    Participant

Oh Starclan,‘ Briarstep silently despaired. The russet tom stood rigidly before Hollystar’s den, stiff as the oak log before him. He hadn’t slept well for days. The flower, and his leader’s ragged breath, had haunted his mind. It was a horrifying experience, and the whole clan had seemed sullen since their return. It’d been a very costly patrol.

Briarstep cleared his throat, calling out softly. “Hollystar, It’s me … Briarstep. May I come in?” His ears twitched, waiting for a response before rounding the corner and entering the hollowed stump. It was dark, and the scent of old wood and moss greeted his nose. ‘What am I doing here, I doubt she wants to see me,‘ he grumbled silently to himself. He shyly pressed against the den’s concave wall, the rough wood causing his skin to prickle. “H-hey,” he mewed softly, unable to stifle a stress-induced stutter. “I just wanted to check in on you, see how you’re holding up.” He glanced up at her, his green eyes meeting her own. He took a deep breath before continuing. “I’ve never seen anything like … that … before. If you need me for anything, I’m here.” An odd mixture of fear and relief made his fur stand on end as he peered at the dark she-cat, nervous for her response.

Hollystar
    Participant

In the leader’s den, Hollystar laid peacefully dreaming. She was chasing a mouse, her body was strong and it was like she had never lost a life. The she-cat flung herself onto the small rodent, and sunk her claws into it. Just as she went to take a bite, a noise made her stir from her sleep. She was back in the dim den that she hadn’t left much the past couple moons. The leader breathed in, still feeling dull pain in her lungs. The flowers she had consumed had taken a toll on her body, causing her shortness of breath and made her lungs feel almost stiff.

The black molly raised her head to greet her clanmate, her bright green eyes standing out against her fur and the surrounding darkness of the den. “Hello, Briarstep! Yes, please, come in,” the leader greeted. A small smile crossed her lips. She enjoyed the presence of the younger cat. He was calmer than the other young warriors, and seemed less involved in the clan drama. “I’m getting stronger everyday, she assured him, sitting up from her laying position. “Breathing is still painful, but mostly only when I overexert myself,” she explained. And I’ve never felt anything like that, she thought to herself. “Yes, that experience is not something I would wish anycat to have to see or experience. Hopefully losing the rest of my lives won’t be as bad as that.” A shiver ran down her spine as she remember that day. Not able to breathe; feeling like she was drowning on dry land. The paralysis. Hollystar shook her head, and took a deep breath, trying to lose the feeling of dread that the memory had brought to her.

Lux
    Participant

Briarstep’s prickled fur slowly eased beneath Hollystar’s warm gaze. ‘She’s so kind,’ he thought appreciatively. ‘Despite everything she’s been through, she’s still so good to us.’ He took a seat, resisting the urge to claw the wood beneath his paws. “I suppose it’ll take some time,” he mewed. “Just avoid pushing yourself too hard, it’s okay to rest.” He chuckled softly, “But, I’m sure you’ve been lectured plenty. I doubt you need a reminder from me.

He paused for a moment, observing the black she-cat. She’d only lost a single life. Wolfstar had lost two. He couldn’t imagine the struggle the Windclan leader must currently be enduring. Hopefully Windclan didn’t blame them for the tragedy. His tail flicked with unease, he didn’t want to trouble Hollystar with such thoughts. Not now, at least.

Everything has been so tense lately,” he mewed. “I think that your presence, even during recovery, is what’s holding Thunderclan together. You help keep everyone calm.” He paused for a moment, taking a deep breath. “You know, If I had the chance to meet my mother,” he wiggled uncomfortably, quietly cursing his mouse-brained rambling. There was no point in stopping now. “I’d hope that she’d have been someone like you. I didn’t know my father for long, but he said she was an amazing molly, full of life and determination. I came here so young, and I’m lucky to have all of you.” He shuffled, feeling embarrassed. ‘What am I doing?! I’m so embarrassed, she’s going to think I’m crazy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp ThunderClan Leader’s Den Like a Lucid Nightmare [Holly/Briar]