Skip to toolbar

Just a Worried Mother Hen (Sorrel and Cherry)

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp RiverClan Medicine Den Just a Worried Mother Hen (Sorrel and Cherry)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Sorrelember ~ RiverClan Warrior

She was beyond proud of her children, they were excelling in their short time training with their mentors. But she couldn’t help but be a bit concerned for her daughter, Cherrypaw. Why had Rainyskies suddenly pick out her child from the many that became apprentices this moon to be his new apprentice? A medicine cat. She was proud but also a bit wary, her family didn’t do well with high positions within the clan and she was worried what StarClan would think about her daughter. The granddaughter of Wisteriastar… the deserter. Would the ancestors take lightly to her child? Or would they see her as a disgrace? Worried thoughts were still going throughout her mind, causing her to press her lips together as her fiery orange eyes flickered towards the medicine cat den. Cherrypaw had seemed excited and thrilled about becoming the new apprentice for the medicine cat, but was she? Her siblings were training to become warriors while she had her nose stuck in the ground. Was her daughter happy about this?

Unconsciously the richly painted calico made her way towards the den that smelled so heavily defined plants. Paws carried the tall and slender she-cat elegantly towards the den, her eyes slowly wandering around within the shadowed den, pupils narrowing faintly as she noticed a young dark furred apprentice that was getting her paw bandaged from Cherrypaw. Apparently from the sharp piece of shell laying on the stone ground, she hadn’t been watching where she was going. “Don’t put too much weight on that.” She chuckled softly at the apprentice, her tail lightly flicking the she-cats ear as she walked past her. Blackpaw wasn’t usually accident prone, but Cherrypaw didn’t seem to have an issue patching her up so it mustn’t have been too serious. After seeing that Blackpaw was fine and limping out of the den, causing her orange eyes to flicker towards a similar calico patched pelt that almost matched her own. “Morning, Cherrypaw.” Sorrelember greeted her daughter with a tender voice, her eyes narrowing as she was trying to think of a way to bring up the topic that was bothering her so much. “Cherrypaw… I was wondering if I could speak with you?” She said softly, slowly lowering onto her rump as she watched her daughter curiously, it had only been a week since her kits had left the nursery but they seemed to be getting used to their new routines.

Missa
    Participant

Cherrypaw was sorting herbs, going through any old ones that were too old to use while also figuring out which ones were needed. Rainysky was away currently, going towards the river to find some herbs. It wasn’t until she heard a whine and Goldenswan leading her apprentice, Blackpaw, back to camp. But Cherrypaw knew that the two were training earlier near the river.. She heard them earlier from the distance. Her abilities  were quite.. Weird. The small molly was able to hear her brothers and sister training too with their mentors along with Darkstar and his apprentice while she was at the nursery checking on the Queens, making sure Swanpath was doing okay as her kits were arriving soon.

Lately she missed her family, even Eclipse that annoying furball. Knowing the cost of becoming a medicine cat was training and basically being on the clock 24/7, ready to spring into action when it was needed. She wished to sleep with her siblings like she did when she was training as a warrior but she also loved the peace and quiet of the medicine cat den. Thankfully Rainysky didn’t snore unlike the other apprentices in the den and that annoyed her to death.

Cherrypaw heard footsteps but she didn’t turn around as she was wrapping Blackpaw’s paw with cobwebs, she added chervil as well to make sure the wound didn’t get infected as the apprentice stepped on a sharp shell earlier. The calico molly grateful for having a good memory and getting straight to work, she wanted to show her mentor that she was able to handle the small things on her own.. Although Cherrypaw was still getting the hang of it, she knew there was no time to hesitate or freakout when Rainysky wasn’t around as she could possibly one day be in a tough situation that would have her be alone without her mentor to lead her.

She had a small smile on her face when she heard her mother’s voice and she finished up Blackpaw’s paw and she looked at the apperentice and nodded “Rest for the day, don’t put too much pressure on the paw for the time being and if you need a change of cobwebs just come back here, Rainysky and I will be here if you need anything.. See if your paw is okay by tomorrow and if not ask Goldenswan for light duties for the time being” Cherrypaw said as she grabbed the remainder of the cobwebs to put them away, she heard a muttered of a ‘Thanks’ from Blackpaw and watched her leave. Once her and Sorrelember were alone, the small calico smiled as she went towards her mom and touched noses with her “Hi mom! How are you doing?” She said, sitting down in front of her mom and looking at her

“Of course? Is something wrong?” Cherrypaw said suddenly feeling anxious. The molly hadn’t told her mother yet about her um.. Abilities. Mostly scared that her mom was going to look at her weirdly, she hadn’t told her father or siblings either because she was more scared of her siblings’ reactions, she knew Leaping would be more accepting but she was mostly afraid that her brother Eclipse would end up mocking her for the rest of her life. But Cherrypaw knew she had to tell her mother before anyone else, her mentor knew, and that was because Cherrypaw had a panic attack in the first night of her training because she suddenly heard a high pitch screech from a monster and she was literally hiding in her nest, covering her ears with her small paws in fear.

It wasn’t until Rainysky laid with her, calming her down. Cherrypaw didn’t want to bother Sorrelember because it was so late at night and she didn’t want her mom to worry about her.. In all honestly, Cherrypaw didn’t want to experience any special treatment  just because she was different than others and her siblings. Not wanting her parents to worry about her too much either as they already had so much on their paws already.

“Mom, I need to tell you something too. I trust you the most to tell you this, and I’ll tell dad too after, I’ll march to his den.. I don’t think I’ll tell Eclipse, Leaping and Dusk.. Not until I think they’re ready to know but I love you so much and I never want you to give me special treatment” Cherrypaw blurted and she saw her mom’s face was full of worry before, but now her mother just looked full on worried now.

Feared
    Participant

Sorrelember ~ RiverClan Warrior

“No, no. Everything’s fine, Cherrypaw.” Curiosity was burning at her pelt as Cherrypaw looked at her as though she also needed to say something. Was her daughter unhappy in this position? Her long tail curled around her paws as she then pressed her lips together, trying to piece together the words that she wanted to breathe out. “Cherrypaw… I’ve been worried about you.” Sorrelember admitted, it was her job to worry for her kits. “I know that you wanted to train beside of your siblings and I.. just wanted to make sure that this path is really the one that you want to take.” She said softly, her fiery orange eyes soft and slowly trailing over her daughters face, she was worried about how Cherrypaw was feeling. It was obvious that Rainysky was more than enlightened to have Cherrypaw as his apprentice but Sorrelember wasn’t so sure how she felt about it, herself. “You can tell me, love. I want to make sure that you are happy.” She said softly, chin tilting slightly as she watched her daughter curiously.

However, she wasn’t expecting what blurted out of Cherrypaw’s mouth, the fur along her spine beginning to ruffle with unease while her brows furrowed slightly as she gazed down at her daughter. “What are… you talking about?” She said softly, feeling suddenly worried. Her daughter felt comfortable with telling her and her step father, but then again she wasn’t comfortable enough to tell her siblings. “Is everything okay?” Sorrelember asked as she stood up and moved towards her daughter, sitting down beside Cherrypaw and wrapping her tail around the slim back of her child. “You can tell me anything, I hope you know that.” She soothed her daughter, licking her ears tenderly in order to keep her kit calm.

Missa
    Participant

The small molly released a sigh of relief once her mother said she was okay, it had been a tough Leafbare as it is and she was awfully worried about any of her family members getting sick. But upon hearing her mother’s words, the calico smiled softly at her mother and she sighed softly before looking at her paws “I was disappointed at first, I was very excited to train with Stormstride and everyone else.. But I know that Starclan had other plans for me.” Cherrypaw began as she her mother and nodded

“I know what Wisteriastar did, and how it’s probably frowned upon by Starclan. But I ask them to not judge me on her choices, I ask them to judge me based on my choices and actions. Wisteriastar didn’t’ became crazy or killed like Wolfstar, she just made a choice that she thought was right for herself but chose to be selfish for everyone else.” Cherrypaw narrowed her eyes, remembering the stories that her mother told her. Sorrelember always chose to be honest with her children, which is probably why Cherrypaw felt like they had a close bond with her mother unlike Sorrelember’s relationship with Wisteriastar. It wasn’t until her mother pressed against her mother and rubbed her head on her mother’s shoulder

“I know I won’t be able to serve my clan the way I wanted to, But I’m very glad I can save lives and make sure our clan is taken care of.. Rainysky has helped with making sure the start of training was easy, he’s been teaching me battle moves as well since dad and him want to make sure I can take care of myself if there was a battle or if I need to go get herbs by myself” She raised her head with pride, she had been extremely proud of herself and even if her training had started recently, she was doing good.. Still making mistakes but that was part of the learning process.

The calico’s ears twitched a bit when her mother had a worried look on her face, Cherrypaw was extremely nervous to tell her mother about these weird things that had been happening to her.. But she knew if she didn’t tell her mother then it would come out sooner than later, and honestly was a big part of this family’s dynamics.. Even when Eclipsepaw and her would bicker, she knew that her brother was being honest with her.. Even if he had his own way of expressing it that made Cherrypaw want to smack him behind the head sometimes.

Taking a deep breath, she spoke softly as she looked at her mother with wide bi-colored eyes “I’ve been having these visions.. They’re not dreams, I’ve awake for them. I’ve seen a Shadowclan patrol recently trying to scare off this massive creature, once I described the animal to Rainysky, he mentioned it was a bear.” She began, suddenly she felt crazy to explain this, Her mother could just dismiss this as a dream or something and she sighed again “I saw you at a patrol this morning as well, you were with a couple of others and you encountered a dog but you guys were quick and careful to escape safely” She said, knowing that her mother would have at least told Darkstar.. Sorrelember wouldn’t tell another warrior that she would let Darkstar take care of it.

Cherrypaw sighed again before she muttered “My first night in this den, I was sleeping and I heard a high pitch screech and a crash in the night time and I woke up scared and I had.. A panic attack. Rainysky woke up and heard me crying so he stayed with me because I didn’t want to wake you up, you were already asleep. I told him what happened and he thought it was a dream until we went in the morning to gather herbs and we saw a monster that crashed in Skyclan’s territory” She explained as she knew Shadowclan was very far away from Riverclan.. It’s impossible to hear a monster all the way in Shadowclan when they were in Riverclan. Cherrypaw knew there was no logical reason why her mother should listen to her, but she needed her mother to listen to what she needed to say.. If her mother dismissed these visions, she would be crushed but she would still have to tell her father about it since she would be working close with him with Rainysky.

Looking at her mother, she was hoping Sorrelember wasn’t looking at her like a freak “You believe me don’t you? I promise I wouldn’t make this stuff up, I have no reason to.” She whispered with her ears flattened to her head

• This reply was modified 4 days, 13 hours ago by Missa.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp RiverClan Medicine Den Just a Worried Mother Hen (Sorrel and Cherry)