it's easy as 1-2-3 (hawkpaw & shadowfang)

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Berry Flats it's easy as 1-2-3 (hawkpaw & shadowfang)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vox
    Participant

Henge 2 - F2U by BionicBanditshadowfang.

Shadowfang awoke from a beam of sunlight shining down on his face from a small gap in the hollow log he slept in. Grumbling slightly to himself, he arched his back in a trembling stretch before groggily making his way out of his den. It had been a little while since he had been named Hawkpaw’s apprentice, and it was a good time to take the former rouge out on a training session. He dipped into his apprentice’s den and gingerly walked up to him. “Rise and shine, Hawkpaw, I’m going to take you training,” he murmured, being careful not to wake up any other cat in the den. “Once you’re ready, just meet me out by the entrance to the camp.”

Shadowfang walked back out into the middle of the clearing amongst the fallen trees and sat near the archway leading into the rest of the territory. The bulky tom wasn’t exactly the best at hunting, judging by his many failures whenever he tried to hunt by himself, so he was going to postpone that part of for as long as possible. Perhaps I’ll get someone else to help me, he thought begrudgingly. As much as it hurt his pride to admit it, he needed help with some things on occasion. Despite all his other inadequacies, Shadow was certainly skilled at fighting, so that was what he would be trying to teach that day. As he waited for Hawkpaw to meet up with him, he groomed his fluffy chest fur and let himself get carried away in his thoughts.

(image credit)

Anonymous

(I’m going to alternate between calling him Haroeris and Hawkpaw since I feel like he would still think of himself as Haroeris though his new name is Hawkpaw)

Haroeris had been uncomfortable under the stares of other apprentices, being reminded of days past when his siblings’ needling stares were like daggers made of ice. Shifting in his nest, the tom tried to hide the fact that he’d gotten little sleep despite the fact he was well adapted to sleeping anywhere, it was the fact that he was sleeping in the presence of others that had Hawkpaw on edge. Glancing up at Shadowfang, the tabby nodded once to acknowledge his trained before heaving himself to his paws. Straightening up his nest, out of nerves, mostly, the brown and white tom buried the glittering amulets beneath his nest, the metal amulets he often wore around his neck taking a new home under the earth.

Slipping out of the den, Haroeris approached the older tom, stopping in front of the tom. “What are we doing today, sir?” His entire posture was stiff and not at all relaxed, though his easy smile might suggest self-confidence, Hawkpaw was really just analyzing every move his mentor made in an attempt to emulate the other so that he might not seem to out of place. Don’t get him wrong, Haroeris would never let go of his rogue roots, he still felt the itch to explore and that extra spike of paranoia his family had ground into him. But it felt nice being here, in this clan, feeling safer than he had in all his life. Albeit the tom was still awkward, Hawkpaw hoped to remedy that awkwardness soon and perhaps gain friends in the clan.

Vox
    Participant

Henge 2 - F2U by BionicBandit
    shadowfang.

Shadowfang was brought back to reality as Hawkpaw approached him. Sensing his nervousness, he gave him a small smile to try and appear much more friendly than his appearance suggested. He couldn’t blame the apprentice for being nervous though, it was his first training session after all. “Today we’re going to be practicing fighting. It’s what I’m best at, so it’s a good place to start.” The black tom responded as he stood up and began to walk out of camp in the direction of the Berry Fields. Shadow was starting to grow fond of the younger cat, despite his past. Ever since Kass had joined ThunderClan and quickly rose to power, Shadow couldn’t deny that he had a problem trusting rouges, former or not, but he wouldn’t ever let that show around Hawkpaw. StarClan knows the former rouge was having enough trouble fitting in already without his mentor making it worse.

It didn’t take long for the duo to reach their destination. Shadowfang sat down amongst the bushes and tasted the air, savoring the sweet berry scent and curling his tail in pleasure. The Berry Fields were by far his favorite place to be in the territory, especially in Greenleaf when the berries were most plentiful. “So, do you have any previous experience with fighting? I’m not entirely sure how things work outside of the clans,” he asked, tilting his head slightly. If the apprentice had that experience, it’d make training a lot easier, seeing as they wouldn’t need to go over the fundamental skills, but he wasn’t about to make any assumptions and get his hopes up.

(image credit)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Berry Flats it's easy as 1-2-3 (hawkpaw & shadowfang)