It Began with a Spark { Saffron + Bright RP }

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp It Began with a Spark { Saffron + Bright RP }

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Saffie
    Participant

With the coming of a new day, Saffrongaze decided to let her legs stretch. She didn’t even notice how hungry she was; the peach scotty quickly trotted over to the freshkill pile and plucked a vole. The clans had been on edge for the past few moons, even the medicine cat herself… but, in a way, she had an anchor. A former lone with memory loss. Looking around, she spotted said feminine and padded over to her, gently butting heads with her. “Brightspark, hello.” She purred before placing the vole down and sat next to her. “Care to share?” She offered, nudging the rodent between the two.

Chris
    Participant

Brightspark’s lanky body lay in the shade of a hawthorn bush at the outskirts of camp, her long limbs spilled across the orange earthen flooring of the camp haphazardly like fallen trees. Her head was swaying, eyelids drooping from a consciousness that bordered on nonexistent until she was awoken by the sweet peal of Saffrongaze’s voice.

A smile bloomed over the amber tabby’s face at her companions arrival. Like a breeze on a stagnant summer’s day it helped chase away some of her gloom.

“Certainly” She replied succinctly. Managing to keep her smile in place, though it did not fully reach her baby blue eyes.

“I’d like it if we could be honest, Saffie.” She huffed, seeming suddenly annoyed although these feelings were not aimed at her sweetheart. “Do you think I’m ever gonna get my memories back?”

Saffie
    Participant

Her tail raised happily as she agreed, settling herself comfortably next to the much larger feminine. She placed the meal between them, using her claw to cut pass the fur to get to the meat and even taking the first small bite. It was moments like these she longed for. For the day to be calm, her den not having wounded patients and the birds singing their song to please Mother Nature so the day stays calm. The peach Scottie allowed Bright to take a bite before brushing her muzzle against her cheek fur. No words had to be exchanged. They knew this was all about spending quality time together.

She pondered on Brightspark’s question. Many thing coursed her mind within this question… Would she leave? Try to access whatever she remembered, follow a path? Her ears flicked a tad but a gentle nose brushed against the feminine maine coon’s mane. “I believe you can. But, a follow up question would be… Do you want to remember? What will you do when you recover your memories?” She asked.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Saffie.
    Chris
    Participant

“That’s just it.” The lanky orange tabby she-cat gave a slight frustrated toss of  her head. But her restless motion was calmed by the soft touch of her companion. How could she be discontent with anything when Saffrongaze was near? A relaxed purr burgeoned in her throat, so strong that her ear-tips and whiskers were shaken by it.

“I dunno if I want to remember. Sometimes I’m happy. But sometimes I just feel half a cat.” She murmured. “I dunno what I’ll do if I remember. Guess it all depends on who I was.” In the silence that followed her ponderings they finished off the delicious fresh-kill. She loved the taste of fresh meat, but it evoked no memory that she could erect. Nothing here did. It had been moons, but no answers had come to her. Yet when she looked over her time in SkyClan, it was not without joy. Her new friends, Milky and Frostburn. Saffrongaze, the she-cat who held her new heart. If she wwe to remember her past, would it mean giving them all up?

In a way, it could mean nothing else. The cat she’d been may well not care for them. But surely who she’d been had had loved ones as well. To go on…..either way she forsook one or the other.

“I’m sorry, Saff. I’m ruinin’ the evenin’.” She grunted, just s the sun was fully down and cricketsong had claimed the night. “I know who I am now….that ough t’be ‘nuff.”

Saffie
    Participant

Saffrongaze listened with eager ears, to listen to what her partner had to say. While her words weren’t what she expected, it was still an answer. Her maw tugged into a small smile as their eyes met. The feminine enjoyed the last of the kill then continued the conversation, letting a gentle paw on Bright’s. “It matters not of the subject, as long as we get to exchange words, it’s bliss. I enjoy spending time with you, My Spark.” She said. “I feel like, if you do connect with your past, you should follow your heart and not your head. You seem happy and content here. But, if you needed to take a break from Warrior training to find your past, I’m sure I can talk to Firestar. He’s usually not the type to let go of warriors but I’m sure I can twist his head to allowing you to leave for a moon or so.” She added on.

Chris
    Participant

Brightpsark pondered this idea for a moment. Leaving. Running off to go find herself….and herself might just be out there. Really, there’d been no logic involved in her decision to remain among SkyClan as long as she had. Her mysterious training skills could have many explanations. It was ludicrous to think that there was anything more to gain by lingering at a pool that’s dried up.

And yet the thought of leaving produced a sharp ache in her chest. A warning pain that gave her pause.

She didn’t want to go.

But did she not want to go…more than she wanted to know who she’d been?

“N..no.” She shook her head. “I wanna stay here….with you Saffie.” Her eyes raised to fix on the pretty little she-cats face and the ache dissipated instantly. Like it’d never been there to begin with.

“Maybe..” She mulled over her words even as she uttered. “Maybe this is the answer. Saff. Maybe….you’re my answer.” In the dying light her pupils were very dilated, rimmed just barely by a ring of sky blue.

“I feel so lost all the time but…when I look at you I feel like I’m found. I want to stay by your side and serve the Clan with you.” Her neck bent, muzzle brushing over the top of her shorter companion’s head. The height difference between them was laughable.

“Would you be my answer, dearest?”

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Chris.
    Saffie
    Participant

As the sunset danced against Brightspark, a glimpse of the past of her conversing with Cloverface about love and compassion flooded her simple mind. And it began to blossom like a rosebud. Her own azurites glistened with Bright’s and she could feel a small spark, a spark to connect their hearts. Placing her petite paws on top of Bright’s, she gave their noses touch and a wave of warmth and comfort washed over her. Maybe this was meant to be… From one former rogue to another.

“Allow for me to be your answer and we shall prosper together, My Sparkling Love.” She said as she moved her muzzle from her nose to her neck fur to give it a firm nuzzle.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp It Began with a Spark { Saffron + Bright RP }