Is An Apology Enough? { rook + fox }

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp Is An Apology Enough? { rook + fox }

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rookfall
    Participant

Rookfall

Everything was just so hectic recently. Leaders were coming in and out of the camp as if they lived here. They just got another mouth to feed – a three-legged kittypet, to add – and she was terrified. Darkbird had his work cut out for him with that one. Poor Lostpaw. The name stuck out in his mind like a sore thumb. It spoke of disgust, dishonor – yet she had not done a thing to deserve it. Rookfall had not spoken out against Firestar’s cruelty. The leader loved his Clan, and he did not trust an outsider to uphold the warrior name. The name he gave her was a joke. Firestar did not expect for her to be here long, and if Rookfall was honest with himself…He didn’t either. She was not part of the Clan. A lot of SkyClan had made sure of that. He remembered Foxpaw’s venomous remark and winced. He had wished death upon the poor she-cat. He had much to learn still, and he had been here for moons. Rookfall remembered the day he was indicted by Blazestar. He had been much like Cupcake then – terrified, distrusting. He supposed not much had changed. Did Rookfall even try to get to know him? Did anyone try?

Now that he thought about it, he rarely saw Foxpaw relaxing with his Clanmates at sunhigh or chattering in passerby with his peers. Did he have friends? Did he want them? The tuxedo tom-cat kneaded the earth as he sank into his thoughts. He should change that. What kind of deputy would be if his own Clanmates were upset, sick, or alone? Morale was just as important as full bellies or marked borders. He noticed the young tom slip from the Apprentices’ Den and jogged to catch up with him. “Foxpaw,” he called to get his attention. “Good morning. It just occurred to me that I might need your help today for a very special task.” Rookfall flashed a small smile to the apprentice. Maybe he had been too harsh on him during the ceremony. He remembered how Foxpaw had flinched, and his heart ached.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Rookfall.

“Destiny isn't a path any cat follows blindly. It is always a matter of choice, and sometimes the heart speaks loudest. Listen to your heart, because that's where your true destiny lies.”
    - Leafpool

Hornetstar
    Participant

FOXPAW.

After the fiasco that had happened with Lostpaw the other day, the young tom had slept like fox-dung last night. He knew it was irrational to think someone would ambush him in the middle of the night, but his fears had been brought back to the forefront and he couldn’t ignore them. His fight or flight response wouldn’t turn off. He was stuck in over drive and soon he was going to crash, hopefully gently and not in a glorious explosion that would draw everyone’s attention. Living outside a Clan, after so many moons of having their support and safety… Could he even survive out there? Far more experienced cats than he fell victim to disease and predators in the Outskirts every day.

He had just slipped from the Apprentices’ den with these thoughts bouncing about in his head, when a deeper voice called out to him. The orange apprentice whipped around with wide eyes, obviously gearing up for an attack, or at least unpleasant encounter, when Rookfall’s kind words greeted him. Instantly he made himself appear less bothered, turning to properly face the Clan’s deputy. He was silent for a moment, analyzing the older tom’s words. A special task? This could be a ploy to get him away from the Clan. “…What task?” Foxpaw finally asked at last, voice flat and low. It was almost visible how hard the gears in his head were turning.

Rookfall
    Participant

Rookfall

His mossy green eyes glinted and he raised his head a little. The smile spread across his lips transformed into a smirk. Rookfall gave a non-chalant shrug, his snowy tail tip flicking behind him. “Oh, you know,” he purred, “really advanced warrior stuff.” He looked around him, as if he was observing to see if anyone was looking at them, before turning his eyes back onto the ginger tom. “I need a strong young cat to help me gather some branches and moss to repair the elders’ den. They were complaining about a draft. What do you say? I really could use your help, Foxpaw.” 

Of course, he could refuse. Rookfall wasn’t going to force him to do anything he didn’t want to do, but the deputy hoped by helping out his Clanmates, Foxpaw would begin to find a sense of duty or accomplishment rather than competition. He had so much to learn about what it meant to be part of a team, rather than living his life selfishly. Rookfall didn’t want to build dens today, but warriors helped their Clanmates. It was what made their bond so strong. “Besides, if you help me out today, I’ll put in a good word so you can relax tomorrow.”

“Destiny isn't a path any cat follows blindly. It is always a matter of choice, and sometimes the heart speaks loudest. Listen to your heart, because that's where your true destiny lies.”
    - Leafpool

Hornetstar
    Participant

FOXPAW.

Advanced warrior stuff? That didn’t sound fishy at all, and it was clear he thought that by the flat look he gave the deputy. But then Rookfall explained further, prompting a slightly raised eyebrow from the young apprentice. SkyClan, he had learned, never messed around when it came to their elders. Either Rookfall had noticed Foxpaw had noticed this and was using it as yet another ploy, or the offer was genuine. Honestly, with how serious they treated those useless elders, it probably wasn’t a ploy. And if he did this, he could be left alone tomorrow?

“Fine, I’ll go. But only if I get tomorrow off,” he stressed, amber eyes hard as he all but glared at the deputy. If Rookfall was lying in any way, it was obvious Foxpaw would make sure there was hell to pay. He already had bad enough trust issues without being actively double crossed. Though he struggled to fit in, he would hate to be driven from SkyClan. He still had much to learn about survival, and needed their protection and supplies until he was fit to strike out on his own once more. Soon he would outstay his visit here, and he needed to be prepared. “I’m ready.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp Is An Apology Enough? { rook + fox }