In times of need{Sap&Skunk}

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp ShadowClan Medicine Den In times of need{Sap&Skunk}

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Peach
    Participant

After calmly explaining what he found in his tunnel exploration Skunkpaw quickly dismissed himself telling Smokewisp he wanted to get the funk of his paws looked at by Saplingskies. His slowly padding switching over to a fast paced trot on his way to see the healers. Trying not to let the slick substance coating his paws trip him up on his way, I really hope they can get this off I can’t stand it another moment!

The instant he crossed the den entrance it was as if Skunkpaw lost all his strength, dropping to the floor in front of Saplingskies, not even giving the den a look around to make sure it was clear of Hareflight. Fear spreading through his eyes like fire, the imagine of the dead skunk fresh in his mind. Laying on the cold den floor he recalled the rainy season were he quickly developed green cough and was on his last breath, “Was I suppose to die? Is this Starclan way of telling me it’s time?” He howled to Saplingskies, who had no preface to what the panicking tom was babbling about. His oil filled paws quivering, as his eyes stared at the medicine cat.

Besides Roachpaw, Saplingskies was one of the only felines who Skunkpaw trusted completely and whole heartedly, the two developing a very caring relationship during his time there as a young kit. He silently prayed that Saplingskies could make him feel better just like when he was young, the healer seems to have a knack for comforting distressed felines.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Saplingskies was busily organizing his den, trying to figure out exactly how he wanted it. There was a lot of work to be done still, but he was quickly warming up to his new home. Easier access to fresh air would be so good for future patients, and the air wouldn’t be as damp as it was back in their old camp. Things were shaping up very nicely indeed… until a distressed wail sounded behind him.

Startled, the medicine cat dropped the bundle of dried bark he had been trying to place, the pieces clattering on the den floor. He whirled around to face the intrusion, thinking that some cat with a horrible, life threatening wound was about to be brought in. However, he only saw Skunkpaw on the floor, wailing like a kit waking up from a nightmare. “Oh pebbles Skunkpaw, what’s the matter? Are you hurt? Is anyone else hurt?” The older tom questioned, ice blue eyes widened from the surprise. “Die? What on earth are you-“ Then the smell hit him, and he noticed the sludge on the apprentice’s paws. “Stars, Skunkpaw, what did you get into? I need you to calm down and tell me what happened, alright? Take deep, slow breaths for me… and do not lick your paws. Let me get some moss.” 

He grabbed a few balls of moss and wet them, then grabbed a piece of lavender from his storage. “Take a few whiffs of this, the smell will help you calm down,” He instructed gently, placing the herb under the apprentice’s nose. He then laid down in front of the younger tom, examining the sludge a bit closer. It smelled absolutely awful. “I’ve heard of this before from the elders, but I’ve never seen it until now. You didn’t ingest any, did you? What about the rest of your patrol?” He questioned, eyeing Skunkpaw with a concerned expression. He grabbed a bit of the wet moss and began to scrub at the sludge, being careful to not to get any on himself or in his mouth. It took a lot of scrubbing and a few balls of moss, but eventually the first paw was clean. Skunkpaw was one of the young cats that Saplingskies cared very deeply for, and to see him so distressed and upset was quite disturbing.  “Did you see something in the tunnels, Skunkpaw?” That was the only explanation for this behavior. Something had clearly deeply disturbed the apprentice.

Peach
    Participant

Saplingskies many questions filtered through his large, paper thin tufted ears, piecing together the bits and pieces he heard over his own heavy breathing. Jaws parting to attempt and answer the older toms questioned, his words cut off before he even started by firm instructions from Saplingskies. Adjusting his paws for him to treat easier, taking deep breathes into the nice smelling herb put in front of him.

Taking a few moments before parting his jowls, taking his questions one at a time, “N-no ones hurt. I don’t know what it is.” His nose pressing lightly into the lavender once more, small particle clinging to his pink nose. “I didn’t eat any, no one else besides Fearedjackel and I even got close.” The long fur on his cranium shaking after his words.

His deep yellow eyes looked away from the feline, swallowing hard he knew he needed to tell Saplingskies what he found even though part of him didn’t want to recall the earlier find. His hind end shifting uncomfortably, mind racing to think of an excuse for why he was so shaken up that didn’t involve telling the truth. Turning his head back to Saplingskies his expression soften, there wasn’t a chance in this world or another that the young apprentice could lie to Saplingskies. He practically raised the tom, he saw him more as a father than a medicine cat, “There was a puddle of this sludge, in the middle was a large dead…skunk” His husky voice hushed at his last word. “I was supposed to die I just know it. Back during the floods I should have, this has to mean something.” His eyes trying to fight back the urge to cry into his fathers pelt.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp ShadowClan Medicine Den In times of need{Sap&Skunk}