Skip to toolbar

in the heights (cinder, dream, & maple)

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory in the heights (cinder, dream, & maple)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    annika
    Participant

cinderjay | forty-five moons | warrior of thunderclan

Cinderjay was having a rather pleasant afternoon, if he were to be honest. Sure, some warriors would feel slighted at having to keep a watchful eye on an injured clan-mate, but he thought none of it. In fact, the warrior was more than happy to help out Dreamfeather as she recovered from her concussion. It was what any good warrior would do, after all, and it was quite an honor to be trusted with helping her regain the skills she had lost while out of commission. The large, fluffy tom-cat cheerily led the way through the winding forest path, shouldering through undergrowth with ease, his chin held high and his green eyes bright. They were on their way to the bigger oaks, just the three of them on a small hunting mission. It was important for Dreamfeather to work on regaining her balance, after all. What better way, than to climb a tree?

Normally, Cinderjay would probably be a little nervous about taking a cat climbing when they were at a disadvantage, but he had confidence that between Dreamfeather’s perseverance and the careful guidance of himself and Mapleshine, they would be successful. He slowed his pace as they arrived at one of the oaks, one with a wide base and plenty of branches and pawholds. This would certainly be a good place to start, and he could get a good assessment of the molly’s abilities, if nothing else. The tom could recall a time when he himself had trained here, a time that seemed like hundreds of seasons ago. He turned to face the other two with a grin, whiskers twitching as he gestured upward with one paw. “Here we are!” He chirped, chest puffing up a little as his eyes glittered with warmth. “One oak tree, ripe for climbing.” Cinderjay eyed the boughs with a kit-like eagerness. “Maybe we’ll even find some prey up there. An unsuspecting bird, perhaps.” He gave a little shake of his pelt, a small hop, and started plodding toward the tree, casting a happy look back at the other two.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Dreamfeather certainly didn’t mind the company; the feeling that she was being ‘guarded’ didn’t even really bother her. Okay, maybe it got on her nerves a little bit that she practically had to be babied as a grown warrior, but she understood it. More than anything, it was a build-up of everything that had happened. The Clans had gotten into a war, she had gotten a concussion, and her mate had fallen in love with someone else all over the span of a few moons. And now, even what felt like ages later, Dreamfeather still wasn’t healed – physically or emotionally. The thought of Eveningstorm still upset her, and she was still getting dizzy spells. She felt like a disaster, even after she had been healing for… how long now? At any rate, all of this just amplified her nerves for her, well, her training today. 

The fluffy orange molly shot a wary glance at her companions, and as Cinderjay spoke, her emerald eyes raised to the oak. She cleared her throat, trying to subtly hide her puffed up tail between her legs. “Look, uh, Cinderjay, I appreciate your enthusiasm – really, I do – but is this such a great idea?” It wasn’t necessarily doubt in her abilities that scared her about the situation. As she stared up at the oak, visions of her fall during battle flashed in her mind, and she tried to shake them back. Gone were the days of Dreamfeather’s enthusiastic grin and shining eyes. Today, they held a fear in them that she tried to keep from the others. “I don’t want to, you know, hold you guys back or anything. If you want, you guys can go ahead and hunt, and I’ll just wait right… here.” She stared down at the ground, marking a soft patch of ground with a slap of her paw. “It’s probably for the best, really.

snow
    Participant

m a p l e s h i n e 
    12 moons | thunderclan | hunting

Despite the sun shining brightly overhead, the cold grip of leaf-fall was slowly easing into leaf-bare. Each morning brought a colder wind and frozen earth underpaw, though when she was moving, the little calico molly didn’t mind it. In fact, she preferred to be sprinting through the trees with her clanmates while the weather wasn’t too hot or too cold. Though, the trio weren’t exactly running, they were trotting lightly as they followed Cinderjay, his fluffy gray pelt bushed up slightly against the chill. Mapleshine hadn’t spoken to the pair yet, only being assigned to help Cinderjay help Dreamfeather recover. What am I, an assistant? she thought, though it wasn’t ill sounding, more excited. Cinderjay and Dreamfeather were seasoned warriors, while Mapleshine had finished her warrior vigil only a few sunrises ago. Excitement surged through her paws at the thought of being selected, a feeling of pride warming her ears and nose.

Once the trio halted, Mapleshine glanced up as her clanmates began discussing tree climbing, pink nose twitching lightly. Despite her bubbly personality and friendly demeanor, the young warrior kept her manners about and let the pair speak, though she felt her fur spike up slightly at the thought of climbing a tree. “Maybe if we just climb a little bit,” she began shyly, tail swishing behind her as she spoke. “So Dreamfeather doesn’t have flashbacks from her fall..” she trailed off, feeling a bit awkward at challenging the elder warrior’s wishes. She’d hoped her compromise could settle with the two of them, her green and brown eyes glittering with enthusiasm. “I know you can hunt, but maybe we just need to get you back into muscle memory and rebuild your confidence,” she explained the Dreamfeather, smiling brightly. Mapleshine had been made a warrior earlier than the last few batches of apprentices. Even though Bearstrike had said it was for her fighting in the skirmish, Mapleshine knew the clan needed more warriors, especially after the war. Perhaps that’s the true reason she’d been promoted, a numbers game.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by snow.
    annika
    Participant

cinderjay | forty-five moons | warrior of thunderclan

Cinderjay smiled fondly at his former apprentice and fellow warrior. Giving his approval for her advancement to warriorhood had been one of the proudest moments of his life. The moons they had spent together, training and passing on his wisdom, had showed him the forest’s worth of potential Mapleshine held in her paws. Despite being young, and a little overenthusiastic at times, her former mentor had no doubts about her capabilities. One day, perhaps she would even come to lead ThunderClan to greatness. Training a young cat to their adulthood was one of the greatest honors he could have ever received, and Cinderjay was blessed to have undergone the journey twice prior to his most recent learner. He hoped to see her with an apprentice of her own one day.

The tom-cat chuckled at the tentativeness of Dreamfeather as she scrambled for a way out, the sound reverberating deeply in his broad chest. He shook his head with a grin. “Trust me, Dreamfeather. We won’t let you fall. It’ll be okay.” He listened to Mapleshine’s words, and nodded in agreement. “We’ll certainly start small. We can build up once we’ve figured out what your current limits are.” He tipped his head at the lower branches, then at Dreamfeather. “Not too high up, and we’ll stick close by to you. This isn’t about matching your prior skills right away, it’s about slowly building back up to them.” He sprung up easily onto a lower branch, feathery tail swishing to-and-fro as he peered down at the two remaining on the earth. “I’ll lead the way and ensure the pawholds are steady. Mapleshine, you can follow up behind Dreamfeather and help support her in case of a dizzy spell or a slip.” Of course, he would keep a close watch in case worse came to worse, and he needed to leap down to help. He didn’t want to overcrowd Dreamfeather, however, or make her doubt her abilities, so he would give her a careful distance. He sprung up onto a higher branch, which held firmly beneath his feet. “If these branches can hold me, they can certainly hold the two of you.” He joked, puffing up his fur to look even bigger with a chortle.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Dreamfeather listened to the other two warriors, a sigh escaping her lips. They were right, of course. She had to get back to her old abilities eventually, as much as she’d rather lay around and do nothing. She gave the others a timid smile. “Well… Okay. You’re right.” Her thick tail curled around her body as she watched Cinderjay leap from the first branch to the next, nerves fluttering in her chest. Dreamfeather did know they were right about building up her abilities again, but this didn’t keep her paws from feeling like mud as she took a few careful steps towards the oak. Her dizzy spells were far fewer than they had been, but she still felt panic building in her chest at the thought of being balanced on a branch as one happened.

She pressed her feet firmly into the earth for a moment as she steadied herself and took a deep breath. You’ll be fine. You’ve got two fine warriors looking after you. You wouldn’t be here if anyone thought you couldn’t handle it. With this small pep talk, she glanced up and pinpointed the branch she was aiming for. The orange tabby crouched, took one more breath, and pounced up for the branch.

Her tail flew out in an effort to keep her balance. It wasn’t until Dreamfeather felt her claws grasping wood that she even realized she’d squeezed her eyes shut. Okay, maybe try not to do that next time. She reminded herself with a smile. She grinned proudly at Cinderjay, and then risked a glance down to Mapleshine. As low as she was, the view down didn’t bother her as much as she expected it to. Dreamfeather’s large tail swayed contently, and for a moment she felt like herself. “I did it!” She said, flashing a grin at the other two.

snow
    Participant

m a p l e s h i n e
    12 moons | thunderclan | out hunting

Listening to Cinderjay’s plan, the calico she-cat nodded in approval, admiration for the level-headed tomcat lighting her heterochromatic eyes. Her tail curled up in delight as the pair began climbing, Mapleshine’s whiskers twitching as she hung out down below Dreamfeather. Should I jump up too? she wondered, whisking her plumy tail out behind her leisurely. Deciding against it, the young warrior smiled brightly and offered the injured molly some words of encouragement. “Good job Dreamfeather! See, you just need to get over the fear, your instincts are there!” The excitement on the other she-cat’s face was enough to make Mapleshine’s body warm from nose to tail tip. It had to be difficult to suffer from a mental injury rather than physical; you couldn’t see the issue, you’d just know something was wrong. Poor Dreamfeather, I hope this lifts her spirits. 

“I’ll  come up once you’ve gone up one more, I’ll be a tail-length below you!” she called up, flexing her claws rapidly as she spoke. It would be nice to sink them into the bark, especially now before the snow froze the tree trunks solid. Mapleshine hated scoring her claws down a solid trunk. It seemed to dull them more than anything. The calico she-cat watched Cinderjay and Dreamfeather momentarily, wondering if the pair were annoyed that they were out with an apprenti- er, warrior. You’re a warrior now, Mapleshine! Remember that! Glad that no one could hear her thoughts, she gave her chest a few quick embarrassed licks, her cheeks warming with nervousness. 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory in the heights (cinder, dream, & maple)