Skip to toolbar

I’m not locked in here with you, you’re locked in here with me.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory Fishing Stones I’m not locked in here with you, you’re locked in here with me.

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Chris.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

There was nothing to see. Nothing to feel. Except pain, a sharp stinging sensation just above his right temple. The discomfort grounded Rainysky in the moment. Even as his other senses had deserted him, his nervous system was still there faithfully doing its job. Reminding him he was still alive through one of life’s least invigorating sensions, pain.

The RiverClan medicine cat stood slowly to his paws once he could be sure the space offered enough room to comfortably stand. His eyes had now adjusted to the semi-darkness. The recently formed cave he and Darktorrent had entered on a whim was scarcely recognizable pot-collapse. Where the entrance had been, a steep hill of mud and rocks ascended into nothing, through which the meagerest of light rays fell giving just enough illumination to cast ghastly shadows over everything else. There was also a slow trickle of water flowing down into the space, collecting at his feet. It was currently ankle-deep, and sloshed noisily when he moved.

“D-Darktorrent?” He called hoarsely. Now that he’d calmly assessed his own state of body, it was time to utterly go to pieces over someone else’s. Such was Rainysky’s way. He walked further into the cavern, which opened up gradually to reveal a fairly high ceiling for an underground chamber. Mushrooms were sprouting from the dark slick walls, accompanied by colorful lichen and moss. But there was no sight of his Clan’s Deputy. Rainysky’s heart was slowly turning to ice with every fruitless glance. He could not tell Sorrelember she’d lost another mate. He could not.

Then, finally, he rounded a corner into a pocket of the cave and there he was.

“Thank StarClan.” He exclaimed, his entire body releasing. He appeared less tall this way. “It’s g-good we’re both unhurt. B-but the way out…” He swallowed nervously. Was itt just him, or was the water past his ankles now?

“G-guess we’ve got plenty of time to discuss whatever it was you wanted,’ til the Clan comes…” But even as he spoke his tone was riddled with apparent fear and anxiety. How long would they be stuck in here for? He’d been worried before- ‘we need to talk’ was never a phrase followed by good tidings, but now death was on the line. And in all honesty, he’d take the latter any day.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Darktorrent awoke to a dull ache throughout his body and a pounding heart. “What the hell happened?” He grumbled, eyes fluttering open to survey his surroundings. However, he was met with darkness. Surprised, the deputy quickly rose to his paws, cursing loudly at his predicament. How did he end up here? What was he doing before he ended up here? Where was here? The dark tom nervously licked his lips, grimacing at the metallic taste that assaulted him. It was then that he noticed the faint trickling sensation coming from his nose; blood. Once he figured out how to get out of here, he would have to go see-

‘Rainysky! I brought him out here to talk!’ Horror washed over Darktorrent as the fog suddenly cleared from his head. He’d brought the medicine cat to a quiet place outside of camp to talk. Rainysky had a history of making a scene when scolded. The silver tabby’s response to the recent flooding of the camp had been abysmal, and while Darktorrent didn’t have the authority or desire to demote the poor tom, he did want to have a word with him, and look where that had gotten him. Getting Rainysky hurt or, StarClan forbid, killed, was the last thing Darktorrent had wanted.

“Shit… Rainysky!” Darktorrent called out, sighing in relief when he saw the medicine cat’s silhouette a short distance away, he moved to meet the other tom, only to hiss in surprise as his paw sunk into water. Apparently he’d been lucky enough to end up just out of the water’s reach and wake up before it rose any higher. This wasn’t good. The deputy’s whiskers twitched in slight irritation as Rainysky brought up the conversation he had intended to have with him before they got I this mess.

“Forget that for now, come on,” he said gruffly, fully stepping into the water and brushing past the medicine cat “Stay close, don’t wander off. These pockets will no doubt be the first things to fill up.” And with that, he headed in the direction Rainysky had come from, back to the place they had entered… or where it used to be, at least. Darktorrent surveyed the area for a bit. The awful weather had turned most of RiverClan’s territory to mud, he should’ve been more careful. If they got out of this alive, Wisteriastar would have his head for sure. “I’m sorry, Rainysky. I’ll try to think of some way to get us out of here,” he grumbled, squinting up at the places where light was trickling through. “I don’t think I can dig us out, but if I can get up the hill and make one of those places where light is coming through a bit bigger, someone might be able to hear us call for help.” He stated, placing his paw up on a rock to see if it could support his weight so he could pull himself up. “We’re going to be okay.”

Chris
    Participant

“No, we’re going to die in here.” The silver tabby tom moaned lowly, his long plume f a tail drooping into the shallow waters where it darkened and floated like a dead carp. He watched Dzarktorrent climb up the hill of rock, and claw at the places where the light was shining.

It seemed hopeless. He plopped down, his haunches clenched and shivered as the moisture seeped into his very bones. Had this been how Frostpaw felt, when the ice claimed her last breath? How ironic was it that he should die the same way. Maybe he’d been the one destined for the grave that day and this was just fate catching up. But why condemn Darktorrent as well? Was his own sin so great that it asked for more than one soul in recompense?

He laid down fully in the water, his chin resting on a small pile of stones. “I hope it’s quick.” He mewed, through clenched teeth. His breaths were coming in quick, fluttering little gasps now. He was at the precipice of a good panic.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Once one of the holes was big enough, Darktorrent took a deep breath and let out a couple loud distress yowls, hoping someone would be able to hear him. He couldn’t make the whole big enough for himself to squeeze through, but… He hesitated for a moment, then allowed himself to slide back down.

He couldn’t help but snort at the sad sight he was met with “Get out of the water, Rainysky.” The deputy grunted, grabbing the medicine cat by the scruff and pulling him to his paws. “Behaving like this doesn’t help anyone!” He huffed, lashing his tail. “As a medicine cat, you would be RiverClan’s only defense against chaos if something were to happen to Wisteriastar and myself, yet you can’t even be bothered to help yourself! There’s not always going to be someone around to help you with every little situation!” The deputy’s tone was more harsh than he had intended it to be, but apparently Rainysky needed a bit of a reality check.

The deputy paced briefly, clearly being briefly lost to thought. “You’re smaller than I am, some of the larger rocks towards the top should be able to hold your weight until someone comes for us. Hell, you might be able to squeeze through that hole I made, I don’t know.” He sighed and laid down, bringing up a paw to briefly scrub at his face and wipe away the dried blood on his muzzle from his nosebleed. Why did he have to be stuck down here with Rainysky of all cats? At least any other RiverClan cat would try to keep their cool.

Chris
    Participant

Rainysky reacted to the sudden touch as though he’d been licked with fire. As he was being dragged to his paws, his entire body went rigid and he lashed out with his forepaws, stumbling as he jerked away. He could’ve sworn his claws caught flesh in the act, but he wasn’t certain. More wet than ever now, he pressed his back to the damp cave wall, his breaths coming in ragged gasps.

“I-I’I-’m s-sorry.” His teeth chattered loudly. It was not exactly tepid in the cave, and he was sopping wet now. “I know I’m a bad Medicine Cat. Y-you don’t have to tell me. I know what everyone thinks of me.” His tears were the only thing warming him now, leaking thickly they ran down his face dripping from his whiskers. “I know W-Wisteriastar only trusts me with her Clan because StarClan said she had to.”

Frostpaw’s milky dead eyes filled his mind. The sight of her bloated body being pulled from the ice. Lowered into its grave. It wasn’t her. It wasn’t her.

“I–I just can’t, Darktorrent. Drowning is m-my worst fear. I know I have a lot of them. B-but it’s the truth I swear.” He couldn’t go on, for his chest felt fully constricted now. Like every Warrior in RiverClan was sitting on top of his ribs. He gasped louder, eyes bulging and reddening. “I- c-can’t br-eath-” He coughed.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Chris.
    • This reply was modified 1 week ago by Chris.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory Fishing Stones I’m not locked in here with you, you’re locked in here with me.