Im a mess Darlin{Fox/Silver}

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp Im a mess Darlin{Fox/Silver}

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peach
    Participant

A father, could you believe it Foxnose was finally officially a dad to four amazingly healthy kits and three kits who unfortunately passed on shortly after birth. Silverferret had warned Foxnose that she was a difficult birther, he understood that, he knew the risk and the possibility of losing kittens, but nothing could have prepared him to lose three of their offspring. Poppykit, Brindlekit, and Magpiekit I wish I could have done more to save you. His heart ached for the loss, he wanted nothing more than to have a family with Silverferret and he still had kits who needed him, but he couldnt help but still wish that all this young were there with them. I need to see them, weakly pulling himself to his paws, his deep ginger fur puffing out with a quick ruffle of the pelt. He didnt want Silverferret to see him in such a weak state but he made a promise to her and if he let her alone in the nursery too long she might get upset with him again. Forcing his way out of the warriors den, blinking softly as his eyes adjusted to the change in lightening. 

Perhaps she’ll need something to eat. Wandering to the fresh kill pile, picking up a nice squirrel for his beloved on his way to the den. Inhaling sharply working up the courage to face her again, you can do this Fox. “Darlin.” Making sure his voice was soft to not wake up any sleeping kittens, his pelt snagging against the sides of the entrance as he pushed his way in. Setting the squirrel down in front of her, nudging it closer to her with his nose before gently nuzzling the side of her muzzle, hesitantly, worried she’d reject him. “How are our kits doing?” He questioned softly, his gaze peering at the various pelts of their spawn. “How are you doing?” Normally Foxnose did keep his own struggles to himself as her troubles meant more to him than his own but sometimes he needed someone to lean on too. “Honestly Im not doing so well Little Bird.” Feeling his fur grow damp as tears slowly began to fall. 

Feared
    Participant

Silverferret ~ SkyClan Queen

This birth had been very hard on Silverferret’s body, she felt weak and with every movement pain raced up her spine from her lower region. However, today she was mostly sleepy from the many poppy seeds that Saffrongaze had been giving her periodically throughout the day. She could feel the faint movement of her four little kittens snuggling against her stomach, their little bellies round from her milk. Three days had past and Foxnose had been rather scarce, which was a surprise since he was so excited to be a father. Perhaps these kittens weren’t good enough for him? She had come to terms that she was not the best molly to give birth, and knew she would loose kittens regardless. But… Foxnose was a gentle soul and perhaps he was disappointed with her. Exhaustion was causing her to slowly fall asleep before she heard the sound of large and broad paw stepping within the nursery den.

She tried to ignore the sound before her ear twitched slightly as she heard the familiar deep rumble of Foxnose’s voice, eyes slowly peeling open as her periwinkle blue gaze lifted to gaze upon the handsome face of the Tom. “Foxnose.” She purred, her voice rasping slightly as she gazed up at the large cat. “Where have you been..?” She whispered softly, looking up at him as her eyes slowly roamed over his face. He looked awful, there were bags hanging under his eyes and his expression appeared crestfallen. Slowly her eyes fell towards the squirrel but with the way she had been feeling, food was on the bottom of her list. But as soon as he gently nudged her muzzle, causing her eyes to close briefly before reopening again to glance up at him. “Oh… the kits are healthy and happy from what I can tell.” Silverferret spoke softly, looking down at their kittens before she gave a small shrug as he questioned her. But she didn’t answer, only looked up at her mate as she noted the tone of voice and the expression. He wasn’t interested, but he sounded… distant and upset.

Ears stood upright as she listened to him, chin tilting as he admitted that he wasn’t doing so well, causing her eyebrows to pull together in confusion. Foxnose was crying and his eyes seemed hurt and full of despair as he looked down at her. “Wanna talk about it?” She questioned softly, her tone soft and gentle as she spoke. “Lay down and eat something, you look like you haven’t eaten.” Silverferret meowed, watching him curiously.

Peach
    Participant

Foxnose hated seeming weak in front Silverferret, he was meant to be her shoulder to cry on, the strong one in the relationship, yet here he was losing sleep over his lost children while his mate was dealing with not only the pain of losing their kittens but also still having to give around the clock care to the others and also still recovering from giving birth. The tom just couldnt seem to stay on his own four paws anymore, allowing his body to gently fall to the ground beside Silverferret, moving his tail over to his kittens laying it gently over them. Seeing his little family here together Foxnose felt a sense of joy, this was his dream, Silverferret and he cuddling up with their kittens. But was he allowed to feel such joy already? It was his fault they lost their kits, if he had tried harder maybe if he had done something different they would still have all of their kittens. A shiver running up his spine as he felt the pain shooting through his body, his kittens have only been gone for three days he wasnt allowed to be happy, not yet. 

Hearing her voice speaking to him so softly caused emotions to rumble through him, “I-im sorry Silverferret…” He finally managed to choke out, swallowing the lump the was swelling in his throat. Silverferret had already lost so much Her first litter, her home, Plumdust, and now three kittens, she lost so much more than he did yet here he was a complete mess while his mate had to deal with everything on her own. He should feel grateful, Silverferret moved to another clan for him and now he was here with his brothers and was still unhappy. “I should have tried harder to save them.” Deep down he knew there was nothing he could have down to help them but he still felt terrible about not being able to do more. “I should have been here for you too, it wasnt just me who lost kits, they were yours too. Im sorry Sil, I love you.”

Feared
    Participant

Silverferret ~ SkyClan Queen

Silverferret stayed silent as she watched Foxnose lower himself into a laying position, his long and fluffy tail gently laying over their kittens but she didn’t take notice. Slowly she clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth as she watched the many emotions rush over his expressions, chin tilting slightly for a moment as her periwinkle blue eyes flickered around his face. He was upset about the kittens that they had lost and felt as though it was it own fault! Slowly she breathed in and out as she watched him before pressing her lips tightly together before she gave a faint shake of her small head. “I don’t understand how you feel that loosing our kittens was your fault.” She tried to word carefully, pupils narrowing slightly as her eyes flickered around his face. “Foxnose I don’t know what to say, love.” She sighed softly before she shifted slightly with a small wince, her body didn’t exactly want her to move too much but she leaned back to where her small body was gently laying back against his broad and sturdy body. Eyes closing for a moment as her small nose scrunched up slightly before she looked back towards the tomcat.

“Now… I want you to listen to me. Very carefully, Foxnose. Those kittens weren’t meant to survive, they served a greater purpose for StarClan.” She said softly, her eyes gazing out of the den as she rested back against Foxnose. “Foxnose… it wasn’t your fault that our kittens died. It was my fault. I lost a daughter before this litter because of my small body and this time I caused three of our babies to die, and I know it’s been heavy in your heart. But it’s not your fault.” She reassured the tomcat, looking back at him as she slowly ran her tongue over his cheek while giving him a tender smile. “It’s sad… but we have four beautiful kittens that are alive and need their father around to love and cherish them. Plus you always have me.. to keep you up when you’re down.” She whispered with another smile, rubbing her muzzle into his neck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp Im a mess Darlin{Fox/Silver}