i have a secret [forest + heron, closed]

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp i have a secret [forest + heron, closed]

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hornetstar
    Participant

FORESTMASK.

He was still reeling from the battle, feeling like he had fallen into the river and been swept along by a merciless current. His thoughts were scattered, made evident by the far away look in his green eyes, the tip of his tail twitching from side to side without pause. Every word his mother had spoke during the Clan meeting had went in one ear and out the other, gaze flitting from Wisteriastar to Heronflight to… No, no. Looking at that cat made him sick to his stomach, made him feel like panicking, made him feel like a failure. By the end of the meeting he felt ready to fly apart, jumping to his paws with a fevered air about him. Instantly he regretted this move however, wincing as the deep claw marks across his shoulder screeched in protest. Truthfully he had forgot about him, and the reminder of them, of who caused them, left a sour taste in his mouth.

By the time Forestmask had gathered his scattered thoughts, Heronflight had settled at the edge of the clearing and was licking at some shallow scratches he had received at the battle. Not knowing who else to go to, but knowing he needed someone else to know what he knew, he went straight for the deputy. “Heronflight, I need to speak with you,” he gushed once he had crossed the clearing, sounding like he had just finished running the length of the territory. Clearly whatever he had to say was important, and the usually collected tom shaken. Not waiting for an invite or acknowledgment, he settled before the other tom, and closely, so they could whisper without being overheard.

Finch
    Participant

Having barely the time to register Forestmask’s urgent greeting before the other tom was seated next to him, Heronflight blinked in alarm. The tabby looked nearly frantic, and there was a painful looking gash running across his shoulder. If he sounded any less riled up the grey tom might have suggested he get that seen to first, but it was obvious that whatever Forestmask wanted to share with him, it must be incredibly important.

Fixing his friend with a look of concern, he simply nodded, stopping for the moment from cleaning the scratches on his shoulders were the ThunderClan molly had pinned him. The odor was still sticking in his fur, and the combined scent of that with the anxiety in his clanmate’s usually calming one had him more uneasy than he had been on the return to camp. This must be about something that had happened in the battle, but Forestmask hadn’t been there until he arrived with the reinforcements.

Hornetstar
    Participant

FORESTMASK.

He had come over here feeling as confident as he could right now, but after Heronflight signaled for him to share… The brown tabby’s tongue left the camp. All he could do for a moment was just sit there and stare, heart beating a mile a minute in his chest. This revelation was truly earth shattering. It would be as if StarClan themselves had come down from the heavens and graced the earth with their presence. It also had the chance to be seen as slander, and though he was more worried for the cat he was about to throw to the wolves, he couldn’t help but be worried about himself. What would Heronflight think of this news, news that was very true but could easily be seen as false?

“It’s about the battle,” he finally choked out, glancing away from the deputy as his ears flattened to his head. He couldn’t believe he was about to do this to his own younger brother, to the cat he had mentored. Once Heronflight knew this, the poor tom’s… No, all of their lives were never going to be the same. “While you were busy fighting that ThunderClan cat, I… Another cat tried to ambush you. I stopped them.” He nodded to his shoulder, the wound burning with a merciless viciousness. It was as if he was being dared to reveal this secret, mocked for his failure.

The usually strong tom whimpered softly, turning watery green eyes upon his deputy. “I don’t want to tell you who it was, but-but as a warrior to this Clan, it’s my duty.” Never before had he wavered in his duty, but now… StarClan was testing him. “To the Clan, to you and my mother. I can’t just let this danger slip under the radar. The cat?” Suddenly he was very light headed, feeling like he wasn’t in his body anymore. Now or never. Now, not never. “It was Pantherstorm,” he whispered, certain he was going to throw up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp i have a secret [forest + heron, closed]