Guilt of a Daughter [Wolf/Nettle]

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp WindClan Medicine Den Guilt of a Daughter [Wolf/Nettle]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nettlenose
    Participant

Inside the protective barrier of the medicine cat den, all was silent aside from the soft crunching of plant stems between Nettlenose’s small, yet sharp teeth. The fluffy cream colored tabby faced the crannies that stored her many herbs, her emerald eyes rather zoned out and her head lowered somewhat towards the floor. The molly could not seem to escape the weight of the guilt that pressed down onto her back, as if she were fighting against it at all times to remain standing while the emotion tried to also rip her apart from the inside. Behind her, in the carefully bedded nests of the den, was the one guest the she-cat never wanted residing there.

Wolfstar was not only their leader, but her father as well, and because of her foolish actions he had lost an unnecessary life. Not only this, but Thunderclan’s leader, Hollystar, had also been afflicted due to her lack of knowledge. A bush! She was supposed to know all there was about plants, herbs, bushes, leaves…how could this have happened? How could that plant have looked so sickeningly similar to the plant that was supposed to save them from losing one life as it was? It was as if Starclan were taunting her! Oh…Starclan…how disappointed they had to be in her.

Nettlenose gently set down the plants she had been chewing, a preparation for when her father awoke, a simple remedy to aide in his healing after such a brutal loss of two lives. She gave a heavy, tired sigh, having found sleep difficult to catch that night. She rather feared a visit from the cats that lined the stars, wondered what they would have to say about her incompetence. The molly cast a look back behind her, towards Wolfstar, her chest tightening yet again. It was truly awful to pity herself like this, she knew that…but her paws felt so hot thinking what her clanmates must be whispering about the incident. Did they fear their medicine cat was not fit to heal them? That rogue from Thunderclan sure had…

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar had never felt as exhausted as he was now. Sleep overtook him since Toxicshard and Palebriar carried him back to camp after he lost two lives, and he finally woke  It was hard to keep his eyes open, but he forced them anyways, wanting to take a look around the den he was put in. Nettlenose’s den? Why am I in here? The WindClan leader groaned and lifted up his head despite his pounding headache, his blue eyes blinking slowly. “Nettlenose?” he murmured. 

He looked over at his cream-colored daughter, his tail tip twitching with curiosity. “Why was I placed in here and not my den? You should leave these spaces for cats who are actually sick.” He tried to smile at the medicine cat, but even the muscles on his face were too tired to move. I hope I never die like that again, he thought, shuddering at the memory of suffocating and choking on nothing but air. It was the worst way he could think of ever dying, and it made it worse knowing Coalpaw had died the same way. That poor kit.

Wolfstar tried to sit up into a sitting position, but failed miserably and flopped back down into the nest. This is quite irritating. I hate having to depend on others for help and I know that’s what I’m going to have to do until I’m better. Wolfstar looked back over to Nettlenose and tilted his head. “Nettlenose, is anyone else hurt? Is Toxicshard okay? Hollystar? What exactly happened?

Nettlenose
    Participant

Nettlenose’s tufted ears flicked as Wolfstar’s groan broke the silence, her attention surfacing back to the tom. She looked him over, noticing the stiffness that still clung to his muscles, the tiredness that swam in his blue eyes. “Wolfstar, you’re awake…” The medicine cat said softly, turning her body so she could walk towards him, though the found her steps slow and almost reluctant, for every time she drew near the tom she felt a fresh pang of guilt, the image of his seizing body still vibrant each time she closed her eyes.

I know this is the last place to be, and it’s the last place I want you, but you still need time to recover after the loss of two lives.” The molly spoke, her soft tone even quieter than usual. She couldn’t seem to yet meet her fathers eyes. “I’ll have you out of here in no time, I just want to ensure your strength is back.” Turning again, she went and carefully took the edge of a large leaf filled with water between her teeth, dragging it slowly to Wolfstar’s paws. “Drink this for me, as much as you can. I’ll have a piece of fresh kill fetched for you as well, and tonight I want you to take some poppy seeds for better sleep and some relief from the tension your body is feeling.” Nettlenose directed, stepping back. As she gave these commands she could feel herself questioning her knowledge, if she was fit to give medicinal advice to her clanmates still.

Hollystar is back with her own medicine cat, she should be recovering just fine, and no worries about Toxicshard.” The cream colored feline informed, growing nervous as she now had to answer what had happened. He knew, didn’t he? Or perhaps he just fully didn’t understand, and now she had to bring forth her failure, the danger she had put them all in…

The medicine cat gave her head a small shake, her eyes lifting from the ground to finally meet his, a deep sorrow swimming within the depths of her emerald oculars, her shoulders sinking downwards. “It was my fault you lost another life Wolfstar, you and Hollystar. I..I recognized signs of poisoning and went to fetch yarrow to help, but…but that horrible plant, oh I’d never-” She broke off, her voice becoming to saturated with emotion as she paced slightly on her soft paws. It wasn’t yarrow, the leaves I gave to you both were toxic, the same leaves that had caused you to lose your first life I imagine. Oh, how could I be so foolish…” Nettlenose whispered, hanging her head before him.

I am so truly sorry, Wolfstar.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp WindClan Medicine Den Guilt of a Daughter [Wolf/Nettle]