Give Me an Explanation (Wolf&Startled) [CLOSED]

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory The Dock Give Me an Explanation (Wolf&Startled) [CLOSED]

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur’s head was swarming with what Startledcrow was describing to her, imagining him underneath the water being hit by wood and rocks, tumbling around and drowning. Her chest felt tight like she couldn’t breathe, as if it were that was underwater, not Startledcrow. She tried to keep a still and thoughtful expression as he continued speaking, not wanting to make him even more anxious. Her green eyes flashed with worry before closing when he told her he pushed Wolfstar out of the way. The cat that disliked her father the most had saved his life. Willowfur found it slightly funny how that worked out, but she didn’t comment about it. 

The ginger queen’s tail lightly traced Startledcrow’s spine, her ears swerved towards him to gather every bit of information. At the mention of Thistleheart and Whiteash, she gave him a disbelieved look. That story was a tragic one, and Willowfur had been a young apprentice at the time. She remembered how horrible she felt towards the two kits she left behind, but she understood Whiteash’s depression and how hard it was to get through it. After Adderkit’s death…it was hard for her to even think about her future. Willowfur winced when he describe the pain he felt, and how his body was risen out of the water towards the shore. Why? Startledcrow’s question was a heavy one. “I…I don’t know,” she murmured, her eyebrows furrowing with concentration. “It could only mean you’re important. I mean, you were important before, but I think StarClan has a plan to use you somehow.” She shrugged her shoulders and rested her chin on top of his head when he leaned into her chest. “But what do I know? I’m not a medicine cat. You should speak with Nettlenose when she gets back. I’m sure she’ll understand a lot more than I do.”

Willowfur wasn’t irked by the fact Nettlenose would be closer to Startledcrow in ways that she never could. She knew there would be times where her mate had to keep a secret from her, and share it only with Nettlenose or her father. She never had a problem with that thought, but now that he had confided in her what just happened to him, she hoped he wouldn’t shut her out. “Was it like a life being given to a leader? I’ve heard rumors that those are painful.” 

Feared
    Participant

Startledcrow ~ WindClan Medicine Cat

“I don’t know if I want to be used.” He grumbled in annoyance, before he shifted slightly to press his grey nose into the ginger fur of his beloved, silently rejoicing for her presence. A soft sigh slipped from his dark lips as he slowly opened his eyes, which was a chore within itself as his body wanted nothing more than to shut down, but honestly he was too terrified to actually sleep. What if he didn’t wake up again..? As Willowfur gently placed her chin on top of his head, he found his heart feeling a bit lighter with the comfort of his mate as she tried to reassure him but he could hear the slight stammer in her chest. Willowfur was upset and he could sense it in her mood, but he certainly couldn’t blame her for feeling this way. “Yes.. I’ll definitely have to speak with her.” He agreed, knowing he would have to speak with Nettlenose, but right now she wasn’t the she-cat he needed emotionally. Physically, perhaps since she was the only other feline that could tend to his wounds.

For now he was ignoring the pain he was in as he slowly lifted his face out of her chest, his gaze dull but thoughtful when she mentioned about how a leader received their lives from StarClan. “That… I do not know.” He muttered, but he gave his mate a faint smile before he leaned forward and gently pressed his nose into her cheek. “Are you okay..?” Startledcrow finally asked, his blue eyes watching her carefully while tilting his chin to get a better look at her beautiful face. Willowfur appeared troubled, and for whatever reason it was greatly bothering Startledcrow, despite the fact that he knew why she was so troubled. Shifting slightly his long tail lazily draped over her hips but he felt like he needed to be touching her, mostly because of the fact hours ago he would have waited her lifetime in StarClan to be with her once more.

Wolfstar
    Participant

The ginger queen’s green eyes closed softly when Startledcrow asked if she was okay. She listened to her heart beating, willing it to slow down so her anxiety didn’t show so much. The last thing her mate needed was to feel stressed that she was not okay. “I’m fine,” she whispered to him, opening her eyes once more to look into his blue ones. It was obvious he was blind in one of his eyes due to the haziness, but she never truly noticed. Not until now, now that she was imagining Whiteash pressing her nose to his forward and telling him he could see. What an interesting thing to do. 

Willowfur lowered her head to press it underneath Startledcrow’s chin, her ears flattening to fit better. “I just can’t imagine living without you, Startledcrow. It scares me thinking you had almost died. I don’t know what me and the kits would do without you.” The kits! She pulled away to look at the handsome tom’s face, her eyes lighting with instant excitement. “Stormkit and Desertkit will finally know who their father is. They’re young enough to where they won’t remember thinking any differently. How do you feel about that?” She could only imagine Startledcrow would want to leap with joy at the thought of playing and loving on his kits instead of watching someone else do it. And, despite her gratefulness towards Eveningstorm, they didn’t exactly connect like she and her wonderful mate. Their relationship was noticeably forced, and she knew everyone noticed something was off. Now, it would all make sense to them. 

Feared
    Participant

He sighed softly when Willowfur said she was alright, giving a faint smile for a brief moment. He stayed silent when she opened her eyes and gazed at his thoughtfully, clearly her green eyes were still troubled but he could tell that she was doing her best not to let this news bother her too much. He blinked when she lowered her head and pressed the top of her head under his chin, causing a small smile to blossom along his dark lips while his eyes fluttered shut as he tenderly rubbed his chin along her flattened ears. “I know, my love. Believe me I was just as terrified.” Startledcrow muttered, his blue eyes unfocused and staring right through the den wall as the tip of his tail twitched in thought.

Startledcrow watched as his mate suddenly pulled back, her green eyes bright with a certain gleam of excitement as she proclaimed. How did he feel about that? He still felt awkward that everyone would know they were his kits, and he could only pray that the clan respected Wolfstar and Willowfur enough to not bully or think ill of their kittens. Slowly he drew his tongue along his bottom lip and gave a small smile. “It’s odd to think about it being a reality… but I’m grateful for it.” Startledcrow mumbled, his tail gently draped across her back as he drew warmth from her body. “Although, we will have to be more careful… so another accidental litter doesn’t happen.” He smiled sheepishly, perhaps they shouldn’t have been sitting so closely now.. but he enjoyed her presence and her body pressed close to his own to help warm his chilled body.

Wolfstar
    Participant

When Startledcrow wrapped his tail over her back, she let out a rumbling purr and drew even closer towards him. She couldn’t wait until Startledcrow felt well enough to stand up and talk. She could only imagine the joy of telling Stormkit and Desertkit who their father was, hoping they felt connected to him despite not knowing exactly how they meant to him since their birth two weeks ago. Their eyes had just opened, and they were seeing the world for the first time. She truly believed they wouldn’t remember the confusion since they were taking in so much information of the world every day. Willowfur couldn’t even remember telling them that Eveningstorm was their father; just that he was someone who checked on them and played with them sometimes. 

At Startledcrow’s next comment, she let out a surprised chuckle and gave him a mischievous smile, tapping his nose with hers. “I don’t plan on having more kits anytime soon, so I promise we’ll be careful. But that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun.” She gave him a wink leaned forward to rasp her tongue across his cheek. “But we should talk about this later, my love. You look like you’ve died and came back to life or something.” Her whiskers twitched with amusement, grateful the mood was light. “I will stay here until you fall asleep, then I’ll release Goldenrose from watching the kits.” 

Feared
    Participant

He blinked slowly as he listened to the deep purr that vibrates within the chest of his mate, causing him to smile faintly for a moment as his blue eyes watched her carefully, although he could feel the pain pricking at his chest. Clearing his throat for a moment, he leaned in towards his mate as he slowly licked her cheek as she wiggled even closer to his body, smiling briefly for a moment as he sensed that she was purposively messing with him. A soft sigh slipped from his lips as Willowfur gently touched her nose against his, while he lazily rolled his eyes and softly shook his head. “You make this very hard.” He whispered cheekily to his mate, but he knew she was only teasing him because he had mentioned it. Clearing his throat slightly, he was brought out of his trance as she licked his cheek, giving a sheepish smile as she teased him, but he found that she was right. He must have looked as horrible as he felt, because Willowfur kept eyeing him as if he would die once more in any passing minute. 

“Do I really look that bad?” He teased softly, clearing his throat once more as he shifted slightly within his nest as a soft gasp of pain slipped from his lips as his ears laid flat tightly against his cranium. “Nevermind.” He croaked, lifting a large paw to tenderly press down against his chest as he searched for tender areas but only found one where his bruise would no doubt be. “I’m scared to sleep…” Startledcrow finally muttered, Willowfur was really the only feline that he could speak to like this, let down his guard. Although, he was slowly dropping his head onto the dry moss nest, while a small wheezing sound was escaping his nostrils. He wasn’t worried about the wheezing, that could be common with drowned victims, however he was fighting to keep his eyes opened as he gazed up sleepily at Willowfur. Her sweet scent and her warmth was lulling him to sleep. 

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory The Dock Give Me an Explanation (Wolf&Startled) [CLOSED]