Give Me an Explanation (Wolf&Startled) [CLOSED]

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory The Dock Give Me an Explanation (Wolf&Startled) [CLOSED]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Startledcrow ~ WindClan Medicine Cat

He blinked as he looked up at Wolfstar to see the tomcat had also become alert, which caused Startledcrow to perk up as he wondered if his leader had also seen movement. However, Wolfstar’s questioning only led for him to furrow his eyebrows and looked back over his shoulder. “I thought I saw a cat near the lake.” He admitted, his blue eyes searching the bank of the lake, head tilted at just the right angle as he slowly looked around. Although he saw nothing, which caused him to shake his head in bewilderment. “Must have been nothing.” He reassured Wolfstar, but his drenched pelt still quivered with unease. “But… uh. Yes, Thistleheart wasn’t pleased I was there in StarClan and Whiteash had to shut him up.” He mused slightly, walking with Wolfstar once more.

Although as they walked it wasn’t long before the tall grass swayed heavily, even though the wind wasn’t blowing hardly rough enough to cause the grass to move to violently. Startledcrow felt his eyes narrow, his eyesight was a bit clouded, almost as if he were trying to look through his blind eye. “I… I don’t think we should go through the tall grass.” He muttered softly to Wolfstar, everything about it made him uneasy, looking away from the grass as he rubbed at his eyes with a large paw. “Oh!” He muttered in surprise before he looked up at Wolfstar. “You didn’t get hurt did you? I don’t exactly remember much.” He admitted, feeling foolish for not checking on Wolfstar’s welfare but he had other things on his mind.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar looked over his shoulder at the lake’s edge with suspicion, his eyes darting from one edge of the water to the other. They could still hear the current from here, tearing away the debris and broken dock they once stood on. He shuddered at the thought of having to go through what Startledcrow did, drowning underneath the twigs and mud that was impossible to surface through. 

Once they were about to go through the tall grass in front of them, Startledcrow slowed his pace and finally stopped, forcing Wolfstar to cease his padding as well. “What is it?” he asked, peering his eyes through some of the blades to see through them, but he found nothing. There were no noises and no sign of anything stalking them or waiting for them. “You’re probably exhausted from what happened to you. Let’s get you home and have Nettlenose look you over.” He was about to lean towards Startledcrow again so he could lean on him for support, but then the dark gray tabby turned into a medicine cat once more, making sure Wolfstar was okay. “No, I didn’t get hurt at all, don’t worry about me.

Suddenly, Wolfstar remembered what exactly had happened now that the shock had worn off. “Startledcrow, I can’t even begin to thank you for saving my life,” he began, looking the medicine cat in the eyes to show his immense gratitude. “I won’t forget it, and I owe you my life.” From now on, he promised himself to never let pride or stubbornness get in the way of getting along with one of his Clanmates. Startledcrow was talented and loyal, and Wolfstar should have trusted him from the beginning without question. He opened his mouth to continue talking, but a soft rustling noise throughout the grasses alarmed him, and he snapped his head in that direction on full alert.

Feared
    Participant

Startledcrow frowned slightly as he looked back at the tall grass, which was hardly swaying at all now. Am I going crazy? He wondered silently to himself as his one good blue eye was slowly trailing along the tall grass for a moment more, ears twitching at the sound of Wolfstar’s voice. “Yeah… exhausted.” He mumbled out-loud, but his expression seemed less sure before he looked back towards Wolfstar and gave a slow nod. Wolfstar was right, perhaps when he had been under the water he had hit his head upon something and his brain was just rattled. “Maybe I just hit my head.” Startledcrow muttered, closing his eyes for a brief moment as he breathed in deeply before coughing from the dry stinging that dug at his lungs, eyes watering before he looked back towards Wolfstar. “Oh, good. I didn’t know how much of the dock had collapsed.” He admitted, shifting slightly to where he was now leaning against Wolfstar’s shoulder blade once more, his movements slow and sluggish.

However, his ears warmed when Wolfstar thanked him, a hesitant smile upon his face. “Anyone would have done it…” He argued in a small voice, suddenly feeling strange for being recognized by Wolfstar for something he had done. Suddenly he was hit with the memory of Whiteash mentioning that they had predicted that Startledcrow would have pushed Wolfstar out of the way. “Huh.” He thought with a slight grin, perhaps even StarClan had noticed Startledcrow’s intentions. Upon hearing the rustling in the tall grass, his ears laid flat against his head as both felines were staring at the moving grass. “Please… please tell me I am not imagining the grass moving.” He whispered to Wolfstar, pupils narrowing slightly as he forced himself stay put. While watching the grass, he felt anxiety claw at his chest as he watched the grass part slightly for a rats face to poke out of the grass, baring it’s teeth in surprise at the presence of the two cats before rustling back into the grass. “Oh no.. rats..” He grumbled, frowning heavily.

Wolfstar
    Participant

No, anyone wouldn’t have done it. He had seen cats let others take the fall for them too many times, and it was a good quality in someone to be selfless like Startledcrow was back at the lake. He could imagine Goldenrose’s anger if he had lost another life or two for being careless again… When Startledcrow let out a pained cough, Wolfstar placed his tail on his shoulder. They needed to get back to camp and let Nettlenose take care of him. He was lucky he knew to get chamomile, but Wolfstar was left in the dark when it came to anything else. He opened his mouth to say they needed to keep on going, but Startledcrow questioned him about the grass once more, and his tail twitched impatiently as he turned his head towards the flickering blades.

They were moving. Wolfstar’s claws unsheathed and his tail flashed, pushing himself forward to get in front of the Startledcrow. Before the other tom spoke, Wolfstar instantly knew it was rats. They made squealing noises that were unmistakable, and his heart dropped down to his stomach at the rat’s surprised face poking through the grasses. It turned away, but he knew it was to get its buddy who couldn’t be too far. He quickly looked around before shoving Startledcrow behind the nearest thick bush that would hide him, and hopefully hide his scent. “Stay here,” he hissed, hoping he obeyed him. 

Wolfstar turned back just in time for the two rats to come back. Their red eyes gleamed with fury at the sight of the WindClan leader before them, their tails sticking straight up in the air. The one that surprised them attacked first, aiming for Wolfstar’s chest. He lashed out at its eyes, scraping his claws against the gray fur and cutting through the skin. Suddenly, the second one leaped onto Wolfstar’s shoulder. Fiery pain shot through his shoulder as the rat sank its teeth into his flesh. The first grasped his leg between its powerful jaws.

Wolfstar writhed madly, trying to shake the two rats free from their grasps. He knew they weren’t as strong as he was, but there were two of them while he was alone. Startledcrow would not be able to help fight in his condition. He slashed fiercely with his claws, slicing out at the rat on his leg again, going over the clawmarks he had already created. It let go, squealing in pain and disappearing into the grasses. The second one was still embedded into his shoulder, and he twisted his head around to grasp his teeth around its neck. He felt the bones crunch underneath his strong jaws and its body went limp before it fell down on the snow beside him. Wolfstar could still hear the scrabbling of small paws from the first rat, and he didn’t let himself relax until it was completely gone. If he had been alone, he would have chased after the rat and killed it, but he couldn’t leave Startledcrow on his own. I’ll have to make sure I send a patrol to search for the rest of them. Rats never only lived in two. 

Shaking out his coat, he stepped over the body of the rat and peered behind the bush he had shoved the medicine cat. “Are you okay?” he questioned, ignoring the stinging in his own shoulder.

Feared
    Participant

He grunted slightly as he was led to a thick bush, eyebrows furrowing slightly for a moment as his body wearily plopped down upon the ground in a rather ungrateful manner. “Wolfstar, I can help.” He grumbled. Although he had never fought against a rat, but he knew from Thistleheart that they always traveled and lived in large family hordes and fighting against rats single handedly was surely a death sentence. “Wait..” He wanted his body to react the way he wanted, to push himself up from the ground and help with fighting off whatever came their way from the tall grass. However, his body was weakened and in desperate need of food and rest. Ears twitched slightly as he heads the sounds of a fight, frowning heavily as he could hear the tussle of Wolfstar wiggling against the onslaught of the two rats but he couldn’t really see the fight take place. Chin tilting slightly as he tried to peer through the thick branches of the bush, although he almost swore under his breath when the sounds of the fighting decreased and then halted. Eyebrows furrowing for a moment as he strained to hear if Wolfstar had won against the rats or if the rats had succeeded in taking yet another life. Although when Wolfstar suddenly rounded the corner, he visibly jumped with both surprise and anxiety. “Great StarClan.” He exclaimed with a small huff of air released from his dark nostrils.

“Yes… I’m fine.” He finally muttered, although he noticed the small trails of red that stained the other toms dark grey and white shoulder fur, causing a slight frown to take place upon his muzzle. “Although, are you okay?” He questioned his leader, leaning forwards as he sniffed at the wound, other than the stench of rat, it didn’t look horrid. “Odd, rats aren’t usually this far up.” Startledcrow commented, but with so much rain that had been falling from the sky lately, perhaps the rats were migrating further up within the valley. Grunting, he pushed himself into a sitting position, his legs trembling from the effort as a weak sigh left his lips. “I need to get back to the den.” He meowed, looking towards Wolfstar. Startledcrow was drained of energy and he felt like he could collapse and sleep behind this very bush for days.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar nodded his head to confirm he was alright. He had definitely exhibited worse wounds than the one on his shoulder. The small rat bite was the least of his concerns. “Don’t worry about me, we need to get you back in camp. You look like you’re about to drop with exhaustion. I’ll have a warrior patrol go after the rat that ran off and take care of the other body.” He stepped towards Startledcrow and let the medicine cat lean on him fully, ignoring his own tiredness from the adventurous day. 

During the whole walk back to camp, he thought about how Startledcrow had a feeling not to go into the tall grasses. He forced them both to stop and stalled by checking to see if Wolfstar was hurt right before the rats attacked. How did he know? Wolfstar believed medicine cats were more in tune with StarClan than anyone else in the Clan’s, but he had never known someone to be that in tune with the world around them. Had Startledcrow always been like this, and he just didn’t want to see it? Once he would be well enough to talk about what happened, Wolfstar decided he would question the young tom about the events that just occurred. He was curious to know all that happened to him while he died.

Once they got to camp, he pushed through the camp entrance and headed straight for the medicine cat’s den. A couple of warrior’s were asking questions and wondering what happened, but Wolfstar shooed them away, promising he’ll answer all of their questions once Startledcrow was in his nest and taken care of. He practically carried Startledcrow all the way to his nest, sighing with relief when his weight released from his shoulder. The small bite from the rat was now stinging a little more than before, but he kept that to himself. The only thing Startledcrow needed to worry about was his own health at the moment. 

Wolfstar knew he should have dipped his head goodbye and left the medicine cat to rest, but something was keeping him from leaving. He hesitated, his lips pursing as if trying to blurt out words when he wanted to hold them back.  

Feared
    Participant

Startledcrow could only nod slowly in understanding, although he wasn’t surprised to hear that he didn’t look very well. He simply didn’t feel very well either, his eyes were heavy and his feet were literally dragging against the ground. Shoulder blade and side were pressed tightly against Wolfstar as the big cat was his literal support in order to get back to camp, ears laid flat against his cranium while his long dark furred tail was dragging against the ground. But he didn’t care. He was breathing amongst the living. Another rough cough racked at his lungs, causing him to squeeze his eyes shut in pain, his large paws almost stumbling against the ground but Wolfstar was a steady Tom and was able to handle his unusual clumsiness. A lifetime seemed to pass before they finally reached camp, the sad part was that he hadn’t even noticed that they had reached the WindClan camp, if it hadn’t been for the voices of their clanmates suddenly attacking his ears. Grunting faintly, he tried to hold his chin up so his clanmates would stop attacking Wolfstar was an onslaught of questions, however he could barely manage to hold his head up long enough. Was he really that weak? Well.. I did die. He sighed, blue eyes looking up for a brief moment as he felt eyes staring him down. Grass green eyes, in fact.

His heart instantly warmed when he spotted Willowfur peeking her head out of the nursery, however her expression was horrified. He could only imagine how he appeared to everyone else, a faint smile playing on his dark lips as he whispered. ”I’m fine… don’t worry.” Startledcrow knew she would worry regardless but he hoped that gave her some ease of mind. Sadly he didn’t get to see Willowfur for long as Wolfstar instantly dragged him towards the medicine cat den, his nostrils flaring with the familiar scent. Home. He thought with a bitter sweetness, collapsing heavily into his nest as he looked around for Nettlenose. She didn’t appear to be within the den at the moment, but she would soon enough with the chatter that was going on outside the den. “Thank you.” Startledcrow croaked, his throat raw, but he looked up at Wolfstar in gratitude nonetheless. Without his leader, he would have died from the cold being as drenched as he was. Although he noticed that Wolfstar was hesitating, which caused him to chew on his lower lip as he gazed up at the tomcat. “Speak your mind..” Startledcrow coaxed in a gentle voice, although it was scratchy, his expression held curiosity, regardless of how tired he was.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Despite his exhaustion, Startledcrow looked up at Wolfstar with an open expression, willing and able to listen to what his leader had to say. The WindClan leader looked back at him, still trying hard to let out exactly what he wanted to say. He knew the moment his thoughts escaped his lips that it would change with way things were in the Clan. The rules would be broken, their of way of life somewhat changed. It wasn’t a big change, but enough to definitely gather some hated attention. Wolfstar bit his lip before taking in a breath to start talking, but a feline’s shadow covered the little light the sun had been able to shine through the entrance of the den. He turned his head and noticed Willowfur standing directly behind him, her stance loose and fur sleeked back. However, there was no hiding the fear and worry behind her bright green gaze. Wolfstar could easily read his daughter, understanding she was trying to seem as if she wasn’t too worried over the Clan’s youngest medicine cat. 

Hi,” Willowfur meowed, her eyes glued to Startledcrow. “Everyone is just worried and wants to know what happened to him.” Her chin nodded to her exhausted mate, her eyes still not straying. Wolfstar stepped to the side to let her pass, but she stayed put, her muscles tense. “Willowfur, come in,” he meowed, waiting to continue until she was fully inside of the den. “It’s better you’re here to listen to what I have to say anyways.” Willowfur finally pulled her gaze away from her mate and onto her father, her eyebrows furrowed with curiosity but she stayed silent to let him speak. 

Wolfstar cleared his throat, looking at his daughter that resembled Cremefur so much. They had the same spunky personalities that separated them from others. “First of all, he’s alright. He’s exhausted, but I’ll let him explain to you what exactly happened. For right now, I want to talk to you two about your relationship.” Willowfur stiffened and widened her eyes, ready to object, but Wolfstar cut her off. “It’s okay. I had a feeling he was the father the moment Stormkit opened her eyes and they looked just like his. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who has noticed either. I don’t appreciate the secrecy, and lying to me, Willowfur. I also don’t appreciate that you’ve asked people to keep and live with your secrets as well. Especially your sister.” Willowfur looked down at the ground in front of her, her ears growing warm with shame. “If you had been honest, you might have learned that I don’t disapprove. I would have told you to fight for it.” He looked at Startledcrow with a serious expression. 

Feared
    Participant

He blinked slightly as he looked up at Wolfstar, while confusion crossed his features as he could tell that Wolfstar wasn’t exactly sure whether he should speak his mind or not. However, Wolfstar didn’t exactly get the chance to speak, Willowfur was standing direction right behind her father with her green eyes staring right at his pelt, causing his muzzle to lift as his blue eyes found his mate. He shouldn’t have been surprised that Willowfur would immediately come to his side.. but he was. A small smile found its way onto his muzzle just at the mere sight of her. He had died and come back and his mind had been trained on her and their kits, he desperately wanted to press his muzzle into her neck and just breathe in her scent and maybe even cry. 

When Wolfstar spoke, he was hesitant as to tell Willowfur what had actually happened. How would she react to hearing that her mate had died and been brought back by the sheer will of StarClan? She would have to know of course, but he was still biting his tongue. Willowfur was tense around Wolfstar but it was clear and evident that she wanted to rush to him and reassure herself that he wasn’t as dead and he probably looked. “Stormkit.. my little double.” He mused softly, shaking his head for a moment as he thought of his child, before his eyes flashed back towards Wolfstar as he stated that he would have told the two lovers to fight for their love. “Excuse me?” Startledcrow blurted out, sitting up just a bit straighter out of pure shock. 

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Feared.
    Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur stared at her father in complete shock, her eyes wide and searching. Wolfstar didn’t flinch, shrugging his shoulders like what he had just said was no big deal, his expression serious. “I don’t know about you, but I think the rule that a medicine cat apprentice can’t have a mate and kits when they receive their full name. Especially a tom. Do you both remember the story of Shiveringleaf and Windystar?” His eyes narrowed slightly as he inquired, but he didn’t stop to let them answer. “Windystar was the leader before me, and Shiveringleaf was the medicine cat before Nettlenose. They both fell in love when they were apprentices, and kept it a secret. Paleblossom, Shiveringleaf’s mentor, was still alive and well at that time. Once Windystar was pregnant with Shiveringleaf’s kits, they kept their secret and told the Clan she would rather not disclose who the father was. But the secret deemed too hard for Windystar to handle, and she finally told the Clan when the kits were four moons old. Despite all of us telling her it was alright, she felt too guilty and ran to the Outskirts to live the rest of her life as a rogue, casting herself exile. Shiveringleaf now lives as a ShadowClan warrior, and only one of their kits lives here now: Squirrelspots. All of that heart ache could have been prevented if they had come clean and fought for their love.” 

Wolfstar shook his head with disbelief. “I don’t agree that love should be kept secret. Nettlenose is young and has so much life to live. Why can’t you have a mate and kits, Startledcrow? And Willowfur, who can tell you to not be happy? Not me. I think you both should fight and I should bring it up at the next Gathering and bring it up to the rest of the Clan’s as well. Because I guarantee you…you aren’t the only ones holding a secret as big as this.” Once Wolfstar was finished, Willowfur looked over at her mate to see his reaction. For once, she saw a side of Wolfstar that she didn’t think was there. He was usually timid, and wanted nothing more than peace to be among the Clans. But to bring up something as political as this in a Gathering in front of everyone? She smiled, her tail waving excitedly. 

Our kits are still young enough to not be confused,” she meowed to Startledcrow. “Why not fight? I will happily fight for our love, and for our kits to know who their father is.

Feared
    Participant

He blinked slowly for a moment as he slowly turned his gaze towards Wolfstar once more, his eyes were dull with exhaustion but he was forcing himself to appear alert in front of both Wolfstar and Willowfur, pupil narrowing as Wolfstar asked if he knew of Windystar and Shiveringleaf. “I don’t believe I know their names very well.” Startledcrow admitted, his voice slow and well measured to keep the slur of exhaustion out of his voice. Although his ears were laying flat against the crown of his head, he listened intently to what Wolfstar had to say, his eyebrows furrowing slightly for a moment. It was a lot of grief to hear this story, knowing it sounded too closely to his own with Willowfur and his kits. Slowly his eyes trailed away from Wolfstar, looking towards Willowfur as she listened intently to this story, her green eyes zoned in onto Wolfstar as she absorbed every little word that spilled from his lips. He could slowly see the hope and excitement fill those beautiful green eyes, but he felt himself hesitate. Even though he had dreamed of this moment, he wasn’t exactly sure that the clan would accept them and their kittens.

Slowly he looked back and forth between Willowfur and Wolfstar as they spoke their fill, their attention suddenly on him as he slowly exhaled the air within his lungs for a moment before he glanced towards the exit of the den. His mouth opened and then closed for a moment as he tried to think, before closing his eyes and gently rubbing the back of his paw against his forehead for a moment before he reopened his eyes and looked towards Willowfur and Wolfstar. “Do you really think the clan will accept us and the kits?” He asked hesitantly, his exhaustion sleeping through both his posture and his voice as he looked between both felines in front of him. “I’m definitely willing to fight for this, but… I do worry about how everyone will treat Stormkit and Desertkit.” He meowed, his head slowly dropping onto his chin with a wince, his pelt twitching from pain.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur’s eyes kept darting from Startledcrow to Wolfstar as they spoke, her eyes glittering with excitement. Since Adderkit’s death, she felt like the only reason she woke up was to feed her kits, eat, then go right back to sleep. It was as if she was missing a part of her soul and it was hard to live on without it. Now, with the chance to fight for something that meant more to her than anything, she felt like she was finally starting to ebb back to life. At her mate’s first question, she thought about what her answer was. Would the Clan truly accept them? If they didn’t support Wolfstar in this decision, what would that mean for her father and their whole family? At his next comment, she shifted her paws with unease for a moment before shaking it off. Her pelt ruffled as she shook it, the ginger fur bushing up just slightly. “I don’t know how it will affect Stormkit and Desertkit, but… it won’t hurt to try and make a difference. If there was never a harsh rule like this one, then there wouldn’t be so much heart ache, as Wolfstar said.

Wolfstar stared at her and nodded his head in agreement. “I highly doubt anyone would treat the leader’s daughter’s kits badly. I promise to give them mentors that agree with both of you so they don’t have someone constantly around them that could possibly make them feel disconnected. And other than with you, Startledcrow,” he looked at the dark gray tabby. “I’ve gotten along well with everyone. A Clan is supposed to follow their leader, unless I bring harm upon them. And fighting for love won’t bring harm.” 

Unless the Clan’s fight back to keep the rule, Willowfur thought, but she didn’t say it out loud. She didn’t want either toms to change their minds. The thought of pressing against Startledcrow with love in front of everyone without feeling guilty, and to watch him play with their kits as their father, made her stay silent of her worries. Her claws scraped the ground beneath her, and she opened her mouth to say something else, but she suddenly realized at how awful Startledcrow looked. His eyes were having a hard time staying open, his fur still wet, and she could tell his throat was hoarse. Where was Nettlenose? “I think we should talk about this tomorrow,” she meowed to Wolfstar, pointing her tail to her exhausted mate. “He needs rest, and he needs Nettlenose. Until she gets here, I’ll stay with him. For now, keep everyone out of the den so I can be with my mate, and please ask Goldenrose to watch over the kits.” She knew her father’s mate had finally left the nursery, and the last thing she would have wanted was to go back in it, but she needed this time with her handsome tom. 

Wolfstar nodded his head, giving Startledcrow a nod. “Of course. Thank you, again, Startledcrow, for saving my life. I will never forget that.” And with that, he turned away and padded out of the den, leaving the two mates by themselves. Willowfur quickly padded towards Startledcrow and pressed her face into his neck, breathing in his scent. Something about it was off, but she didn’t question it. She would allow him to fill her in another day if he was too exhausted. Without a word, she began rasping her tongue over his pelt to help dry it, her throat rumbling in a soothing purr.

Feared
    Participant

Startledcrow nodded faintly, blinking slowly as he took in Wolfstars words, nodding slowly again before he cleared his throat and looked back towards Wolfstar. “That’s true.” He sighed heavily, his lungs rattling from the exertion. “Cats do tend to respect leaders and their offspring.” He agreed, a cough escaping his lips, scratching his throat in the process. Even though he knew what he needed, he had absolutely no energy left in order to move around the den and clearly Nettlenose was out and about collecting late leaf-bare herbs. “Perhaps the kits would be fine.” He grunted, lifting his chin finally as he looked towards Willowfur, awaiting her response but she seemed to be studying him. Ah… that’s right. Startledcrow was suddenly reminded of everything that had happened, his ears perking up for a moment when Willowfur requested that Wolfstar leave them alone for a moment. Slowly he nodded towards Wolfstar and gave a faint smile when he spoke. “Of course, Wolfstar.” He dipped his chin, but his eyes trailed back towards Willowfur when she rushed over towards him shortly.

He closed his eyes when Willowfur pressed her face into his neck, nostrils flaring for a moment as he breathed in her scent before a shaky sigh left his lips as he felt his throat swell with sudden emotion. Could he tell her..? How would she even react? “W-Willowfur.” He started with a trembling lip, opening his eyes as she started to lick at his pelt in order to dry himself. Slowly he licked at his dry lips, chin dropping down to his chest with a frown. “I… I fell into the lake.” He started to say, shifting slightly as he turned his chin in order to look his mate properly in the face. “I… I died.” He spoke slowly, ears dropping back against the crown of his head. How would she react.. he didn’t know. “So much happened.. I..” He broke off, his eyes adverting from her gaze as his shoulders dropped slightly.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur stopped mid-lick as Startledcrow began to speak. It felt like her heart stopped when he told her he died, and she felt every part of her body grow numb. The handsome tom was not one to exaggerate or lie, so she didn’t doubt him for one second when he told her this. Her mind was swirling with so many thoughts and questions, her chest tightening with the anxious thoughts of her one true love dying and being lost to her forever. She stared at him as he shifted himself to look her in the eyes, and she noticed the pain and exhaustion deep in his gaze. Willowfur had never seen him like this. He was not one to show weakness or say he’s frightened. “You died,” she whispered, trying to make it seem real. “But… How are you here? What happened?

The ginger queen knew she should have let him explain later, and give him time to rest so he could properly think, but now she was worried. When he looked down at the ground, Willowfur shifted closer to him, partly to share her warmth, but also to make sure he was truly there next to her. The thought of him in StarClan without her…well, it was a thought she prayed to their ancestors would never come true. Willowfur stayed silent to let him explain a little more, her green gaze focusing on his blue to watch his expressions.

Feared
    Participant

He almost flinched when he felt Willowfur’s tongue stop in mid-lick against his damp pelt, ears pinned back against his head for a brief moment before he looked more closely at his mate as she stared at him and studied his face. He was trying to get his thoughts together to form a coherent thought, but his thought process was hazy and he blinked slowly before his lips started to move on their own. “Wolfstar and I.. we were sitting on the dock, he was talking about you and how much Stormkit looked like me.” He muttered softly, eyebrows furrowing for a moment as he silently processed what had exactly happened. “We heard a loud crack, wood breaking. Everything happened in seconds, a tower of water and logs were rushing towards us. I was able to push Wolfstar out of the way but I was pulled under.” Startledcrow spoke slowly, his blue eyes unfocused as he continued to rack his brain for the fine details that his mate so desperately needed. “I remember trying so hard to get back up to the surface, I really did. I kept thinking about you and the kits but I just couldn’t make it.” He muttered, nodding slowly to himself as he was finally beginning to remember those small details before his ultimate death. Slowly he turned his chin to where he gently rasped his tongue over her ginger furred cheek, even her taste was bittersweet.

Shifting slightly in his nest, he winced and groaned faintly as pain blossomed in his chest from where he had collided with the large log in the lake. Once the pain had subsided, he grunted and cleared his throat as his gaze became thoughtful once more. “Next thing I knew I was waking up in the clouds. In the clouds, Willowfur. It was… amazing and terrifying all the same. When I fully woke up, Thistleheart was infront of me.” He said softly, frowning heavily as he thought of his deceased Littermate, suddenly wishing for his brothers presence in this moment. “He was upset about something…” Startledcrow trailed off, really trying to remember the events that transpired within StarClan. Tsk. I don’t remember why he was upset, but the next thing I knew there was a second cat. She was tall with white and grey speckled fur and my eyes. Whiteash was her name.. Wolfstar says that was my mother.” He explained to Willowfur, but his eyes were out of focus as he continued to recall the events. “My mother said that I was meant to die in that moment, that StarClan had predicted it.” He sighed softly for a moment, ears laying back as he slowly lifted a forepaw and touched his forehead. “She pressed her nose against my forehead and I felt the worst pain I have ever felt. And it wasn’t just in my forehead, it was all throughout my body.” He muttered softly, making a thoughtful expression as he suddenly remembered the pain he had felt. “Whiteash said that now I could see… but I don’t understand. My eye is still blind.” Startledcrow muttered with a slightly sour tone, but he cleared his throat once more and looked towards Willowfur with a clearer expression.

“Soon after that, I woke up to Wolfstar hovering over me in shock. He said that my body was like lifted out of the water, pushed towards the bank to where he dragged me out and then suddenly I was breathing again. StarClan brought me back.” Startledcrow finished his story, ears standing up slowly as he looked away from his mate and sighed heavily, his heart heavy within his chest as he moved his big head to gently press his face into her chest fur, needing comfort like a little kitten. “But why..?” He whispered into her chest fur, nostrils flaring as he breathed in her wonderful scent.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory The Dock Give Me an Explanation (Wolf&Startled) [CLOSED]