Flower Picking [Owl/Nettle]

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory Overgrown Log Flower Picking [Owl/Nettle]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nettlenose
    Participant

It had been sometime indeed that Nettlenose had the luxury of leaving camp to pick around at plants that weren’t for herbal purposes. This fine evening she was out for the simple joy of flower picking, and what was best was that she had company. The lovely cream molly was joined by Owlbelly, someone she was quite happy about getting to spend some time with.

So then Owlbelly, how is being the deputy treating you?” She asked as they made their way towards the rolling moors. She hoped that despite rising temperatures, there would still be plenty of flowers that colored the ground. “It must be difficult, especially In such busy times as these…” The medicine cat commented.

This entire saga we’re going through with the missing cats…my heart can barely handle it and I’m not even in the middle of all of it as much as you are. How are you handling it?” She asked, curious and concerned for her friend. She knew he and Wolfstar were keeping busy to say the least.

mahon [owl]
    Participant

owlbelly

The large tom walked alongside the medicine cat as they made their way towards the overgrown log. It was a beautiful night, the stars were glittering brightly above them and the air was warm and fresh. Glancing at Nettlenose, the deputy kept a polite distance between the two, not wanting to make her uncomfortable. Warm ember eyes glanced down at the pretty molly when she made conversation, causing Owlbelly to give a soft smile. “I won’t lie, it’s been a bit difficult.” He sighed, shaking his head as if ridding himself of cynical thoughts. “Especially with everything going on. The disappearances, watching everyone go into a panic… Everyone is under a lot of stress -” he paused, raising a brow at the she-cat, “especially you. A lot of us go to you to ease our emotional pain, you should find someone to help you do the same. If you want… You could always talk to me.” Owlbelly added shyly, flicking his ear.

“To be honest, I was surprised when he announced that I’d be deputy. Not that I’m ungrateful or anything -.” He took a moment as they reached the overgrown log. It had become almost covered in beautiful flowers and moss and seemed to glow under the moonlight. He found himself smiling at the sight. “I care deeply for my clan and would do anything for it. I just never thought it would be me in this position.” The two-toned tom admitted. His fiery eyes caught sight of a pretty honey-suckle flower and padded over towards it. Tilting his head. he took the stem in his jaw and pulled it from the ground before heading back over to Nettlenose. Gently placing it in front of her paws, he gave her a warm smile. “For you.”

Nettlenose
    Participant

The soft wind that brushed through the fur of the cats was something Nettlenose was very thankful for, its slight chill feeling wonderful through her fluffy cream-colored pelt. As the sun grew more intense with passing day, she had forgotten to appreciate the loveliness of the night, as most often she went to bed first chance she got. Tonight, however, was a refreshing change. Despite her tiredness from the day’s tasks, she had wanted to stay up, believing her brain to crammed with worries for her to find good sleep anyways, and thus she was so thankful for her trip out with the deputy.

Listening as Owlbelly admitted he was under some stress, she turned and gave him a light smile. “If it’s worth anything, I think you’re doing an amazing job for all the work you have out for you, especially as a new deputy. You’re just what Wolfstar and Windclan needed.” She hummed. Caught off guard by the sudden direction of attention on herself and her own emotional quarrels, her round eyes grew wider as she gazed upon him, and she looked a bit too stunned to form the correct words.

What exactly was she to say? A warm purr built in her chest, her head tilting as her expression turned fond, her smile pulling at her fluffy cheeks. Someone to turn to and confide in when she needed it. That was exactly what she needed. “You know Owlbelly, I like the idea of that. I think I’ll just have to accept…your offer.” The molly’s voice trailed off into a whisper as her eyes met the overgrown log.

Nettlenose gave a soft gasp, her pelt fluffing up a bit as her paws began to dance upon the ground, a thrilled expression lighting up her face. “Oh, its so lovely!” She chimed happily, her tone brimmed with delight. She watched as the tom padded towards the log and then returned with a flower, face softening at the sight of such a sweet scented plant. How different it was from the bitter herbs she gnawed daily…

“Why thank you~” The medicine cat purred, leaning forward and pressing her nose into the tom’s shoulder. He smelled nice, warm. The molly then bounded past him to the log, circling it as she tried to eye the perfect flower to give to him…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory Overgrown Log Flower Picking [Owl/Nettle]