Feathers and Shells (Goldenswan and Dustyshell)

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp Feathers and Shells (Goldenswan and Dustyshell)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Dustyshell ~ RiverClan Warrior

Baby blue colored eyes flashed slightly with amusement as the slender she-cat walked back from the beach, her pupils narrowing slightly at the young apprentices and kits that were tumbling around the clearing near the nursery. Ever since the massive battle between the five clans, RiverClan adjusted swiftly after their losses, in fact they were thriving under the continued ruling under Wisteriastar’s and the new deputy, Darktorrent. He was figuring out the patrols and honestly now that things were being timed correctly according to the position of the sun, she actually had more free time than beforehand with Heronflight. Her dainty paws were a bit damp from sea water and her toes dusted with small particles of sand but she truly enjoyed the feeling of the sand against the webbing of her feet. The rough grains scratching at the skin that she couldn’t exactly reach with her teeth and tongue. Pointed ears perked up slightly as she heard a tender voice, blue eyes turning in the direction of a radiant golden tabby she-cat. Goldenswan. She was a lovely she-cat that was well liked with the clan and although Dustyshell was not exactly close with the she-cat, her beauty couldn’t go unnoticed.

Dustyshell held a small pink shell in-between her teeth, sand and silt rubbing  against her tongue but she didn’t mind the salty tang of the sea. Her nose twitching slightly from the sand that tickled her muzzle. Taking a deep breath, the slender she-cat moved forward to step towards Goldenswan; her long tail weaving behind her in a friendly manner as she dipped her chin towards the molly. “Evening.” Dustyshell’s soft voice filtered out from around the shell, finally lowering her head as she placed the pink and grey shell at her dainty paws. Her pelt was an off white, with a creamy brown stripe that ran down from the top of her head down to her tail, stopping half way along her long tail. Her ears were both covered in the creamy brown fur, short stripes branching out from the dark stripe along her back, two on her shoulder blade and the rest zig-zagging along her sides. Lifting her delicate chin, she gazed softly at Goldenswana and blinked slowly in a sign of being friendly. “How’re you, Goldenswan?” Dustyshell questioned shyly, lowering herself to sit on her rump and lift a paw as she spread her toes and began to lick the sand out.

annika (obi)
    Participant

goldenswan

the momma bear of riverclan

The sleek golden tabby lay sprawled on the stone a patch of the gentle light of the evening sun of leaf-fall, long silky fur soaking in the rays. Soon, it would be leaf-bare, and her days of basking would be tragically over. Goldenswan was making the most of what she had left. The light trailing in from the cave’s roof left much to be desired, but the constant rush and rumble of the waterfall was pleasant white noise for her naps. The pitter-patter of paw-steps roused the molly from her dozing, one blue eyes sliding slowly open to peer out at her surroundings. A couple of kittens squealed and tumbled around on the rocks, their giggles breaking the peace. They stilled after noticing the warrior stir, eyes wide in guilt. A smirk crossed her lips, and she flicked one ear in reprimand at them—though her eyes were warm with affection. She gave a slight nod, and they continued on with their play, though not without heeding her soft call. “Careful now, little ones. Don’t stray too close to the stream.” She rumbled. Goldenswan, though not yet nearing her senior warrior days, was a cat with ample experience and wisdom to spare. Though kind-hearted and gentle, she had seen many a battle and proven her worth time and again. She was not one to be trifled with on a good day, and even less so on a bad one. The kits in the clan knew best though—they knew how to wind her around their tiny little paws and get exactly what they wanted.

Not long after she had slowly begun to shift into a sitting position, she was heralded by one of her clan-mates. ‘Dustyshell’, her brain supplied. A good warrior, though often soft-spoken. Goldenswan nodded her head politely in response, allowing a gentle smile to cross her lips. She eyed the shell in the molly’s maw with a knowing look. She was fond of collecting little trinkets herself, though she preferred the soft down of feathers to rocks and shells. She flexed her toes, before bringing one delicate white paw up to her maw, lapping her tongue across the fur before running the paw behind her ears, swiping vigorously at the patch of fur that always liked to stick up after a good nap. “Good evening, Dustyshell. I’m quite alright, and yourself? Did you find something to decorate your nest?” She leaned closer to study the object now at the other warrior’s paws, nodding in approval after a moment. “It’s lovely. You’ll have to show me where you find these sometime, dear. I only seem to find shells that are already broken.” Her voice, honey-smooth, echoed in the wide open space of the cave, but she paid it no heed. 

Feared
    Participant

Ears perked up slightly as Goldenswan spoke, although she was only paying partial attention to what the other molly was saying as her baby blue tinted gaze flickered towards that of the golden furred she-cat as she contemplated how she was. Soft white whiskers twitched slightly as she drew her right paw over the whiskers in order to clean off the small grains of sand. Her lips curled upright in a shy smile as she gave a small shrug of her slim shoulder blades, she supposed that she was doing alright this lovely day. “I’m glad to hear that. I suppose I am doing well today.” She nodded her chin, looking at her paw for a moment as she spread her toes again as she examined the light pink flesh between her toes as she looked for the grains of sand that was beginning to irritate her paws. “Ah, yes.” She meowed finally, looking down towards the pink and grey speckled shell that she had placed down, nose wiggling faintly. “I was in need of something to brighten up my nest a little.” Dustyshell admitted with a soft smile, her toes lightly brushing over the shell before she lifted her eyes back towards Goldenswan.

She was mildly surprised when the molly mentioned showing her where to find the shells that were intact, and indeed beautiful. Goldenswan’s nest was usually decorated with feathers but she couldn’t help but find the subject of shells to spark the conversation between the two she-cats. “Certainly if you are truly interested.” Dustyshell nodded as she licked the back of her paw, placing saliva on her silky fur as she lifted it up towards her face to brush away the stray grains of sand that speckled her muzzle. “It takes a little digging and a little patience.” Dustyshell grinned slightly as she lowered her paw and looked towards the golden she-cat once again and arching a narrow eyebrow. “Are you just now waking up?” She questioned softly, lowering her head as she rasped her tongue over her chest, cleaning the off white fur. The sun was high in the sky and was moving swiftly through the day, it wasn’t uncommon for warriors to take a nap before they were assigned to the nightly patrols and guarding the camp once the moon was visible.

annika (obi)
    Participant

goldenswan

the momma bear of riverclan

Goldenswan peered at her clan-mate as the other molly inspected her toes, whiskers twitching a little. Sand was a nuisance for certain, always worming its way into places it shouldn’t be. The warrior had found that a dip in freshwater helped to cleanse the annoying grains from her fur after a walk on the shore, particularly the rushing water of the nearby river. The movement of the river, though swift and dangerous during rainy season, was no challenge to a seasoned swimmer, and offered a refreshing escape from the pesky particles. Much better than trying to clean them off with her tongue. Her nose wrinkled unconsciously at the memory of the gritty texture that always seemed to work its way between her teeth. ‘Yuck’. Her tongue poked out a little in disgust. “We all need a little something to make our nest our own. I will never understand the other clans that keep theirs so bland and boring. Moss and bracken alone? Certainly not for my bedding.” She turned her nose up at the thought, ears flattening a little closer to her broad skull.

Not wanting to dissuade the other she-cat from her advice-giving, she quickly straightened up, focusing on the topic at hand, face morphing back into something more tranquil. “Patience, I can do. I’ve certainly had my fair share of practice in that skill.” She chuckled softly, before fluffing up the fur on her shoulders against the breeze that suddenly cut through the cave and shooting a glare at the offending camp entrance. Leaf-fall was certainly here, and Goldenswan was positively dreading it what came after. ‘StarClan help me, my paws will certainly freeze and fall off if I have to suffer another dreadful winter with this stone numbing them. Could we not pad our camp with moss to keep us warm?’ Huffing a sigh, she readjusted her position, wrapping her fluffy tail tightly around her toes. Her brow quirked at Dustyshell’s question, and she huffed a laugh. “Yes, my dear. I allowed myself a brief nap in the sun. I plan to venture out hunting tonight, after all. One must get a proper rest before a hunt. Have you been sleeping enough lately, dear?” Her lips were drawn in a motherly frown as she inspected the younger feline, head tilting inquisitively to one side.

Feared
    Participant

Her tongue continued to roam over her chest as small particles of sand fell from the off white fur, nostrils flaring slightly for a moment before her baby blue eyes lifted towards that of the other female, chin tilting as she pulled her long pink tongue back into her mouth as she felt a small laugh bubbling at the back of her throat at the look of disgust on her face. This molly wouldn’t be able to dig through the sand and find sea shells that were intact and beautiful to the eye, but for now Dustyshell would entertain the idea instead of insulting Goldenswan. “Their nests are rather boring, aren’t they? It’s quite a shame though, because I’m sure the other territories hold treasures of their own that would make their nests lovely.” She shrugged a slim shoulder, making a slightly annoyed expression towards the warriors of the other clans before her eyes refocused upon the golden striped warrior.

Paper-thin ears stood up curiously as Goldenswan spoke, causing Dustyshell to smile slightly for a moment before she nodded with a brighter smile reaching her lips. “I never had a doubt that you couldn’t handle it.” She grinned with amusement, the tip of her tail twitching at the sight of seeing Goldenswan fluff up the already long fur on her shoulders and the colorful glare that she shot outside of camp. Yes, Leaf-fall had arrived and soon enough the bitter cold of Leaf-bare would be upon them, and honestly she was ready. Instead she chose not to push the matter as she moved to where her long and skinny tail was wrapped around her dainty paws. Goldenswan was older than herself and it wasn’t odd for felines or her age to nap before their duties if they were later on that night. Dustyshell herself was not a night owl, but there were few who enjoyed the night life or were forced into it, either way she didn’t like it. “Ah, I see. I’ve never really been one to hunt at night, I guess my vision just isn’t the greatest.” She shrugged, slightly as she felt a slight twitch at her cheek. “I suppose I’ve been sleeping alright, the best I can at least.” She laughed softly and looked at Goldenswan, the she-cat was motherly. “Besides, who needs sleep when you can be digging for shells?” Dustyshell purred softly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp Feathers and Shells (Goldenswan and Dustyshell)