Falling snow and love (Willow and Startled)

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory The Dock Falling snow and love (Willow and Startled)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Startledcrow ~ WindClan Medicine Cat

He stretched out his limbs as he rested his shoulder blade against the side of the medicine cat den, pupils narrowing for a moment as he silently enjoyed the feeling of the cold weather, his dark grey tabby fur was so dark that his pelt usually retained the heat and cooked him alive within the warmer seasons. Grunting for a moment as his bright aqua eyes shifted away from the clearing, keeping his blind eye towards the clearing while he rested his head back for a moment. Being blind in one eye meant that his hearing was point, hearing the faint crunch of pawsteps within the light dusting of snow as a cat walked through the clearing, towards the exit of the camp. Slowly he stood up and slowly walked halfway into the den, brushing his pelt against the wall of the den while his ears twitched with the sound of Willowfur’s voice as she conversed with Speckledstep, grunting as the she-cat questioned his mate. He grinned slightly as Willowfur shut down the younger she-cat from asking anymore questions while she went out for a walk, now all he had to do was wait a few minutes before he would slip out from behind the medicine cat den.

Minutes ticked by and he felt like it was an entire cycle of the moon before he felt comfortable with eyeing outside the den, pupil narrowing as he looked around the clearing for a moment, staying to the shadows as he slipped out from the den, staying to the side of the den wall while he slipped elegantly into the tall grass. Bright blue eyes were hidden from the tall grass, his dark pelt blending into the shadows as long as he didn’t walk out front into the ivory white snow. Slowly he made way to the meeting place Willowfur had discussed with him. Chin tilting slightly as he could see the lovely ginger fur through the tall grass, smiling gently to himself as his eyes flickered towards her round stomach. Sitting upright seemed uncomfortable, but it should be rightly so, she was carrying three of his wee kits. “Hey.” He greeted softly, keeping his voice down as he walked out of the tall grass, grinning towards Willowfur as he moved towards his mate. “Sorry to keep you waiting, had to make sure no one saw.” He explained the reason for her wait, grinning sheepishly before he rubbed his tall and slim figure against her side.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Feared.
    Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur’s head was tilted up so she could look at the dark sky, her green eyes glittering like the stars above. She scanned Silverpelt, in awe of how many stars there were and that they were all dead ancestors. Was it true that when a Clan cat died, it added a new star in the sky? Eventually, it would be filled with stars and night wouldn’t be so dark anymore. At the sound of someone padding towards her, she looked back down and made eye contact with Startledcrow. His eyes glowed with love and she couldn’t help but smile when he pressed his flank against hers. Although, it felt a little awkward with her belly so large. She scoffed at what he said, looking away from the handsome tom and lashing her tail. “Took you long enough. I was beginning to think you had forgotten me.” Her whiskers twitched with amusement, but she kept her charade. 

Standing up, she stepped away from him and waddled towards the direction of the lake. Not too many warriors patrolled around the lake since there wasn’t too much of a border, which made it the perfect spot to sneak away from others. Her tail flicked and she looked back at Startledcrow to see if he was following, satisfied that he was. The wooden dock was now in sight, and she made her way to where the wood began, looking down at the water lapping on the snowy shore. It was a quiet night. Even the crickets seemed to be sleeping. Willowfur looked at Startledcrow and tilted her head. “You have to make it up to me now.

Feared
    Participant

He felt his eyebrow beginning to rise in question when Willowfur scoffed, causing his head to tilt ever so slightly for his right eye to get a better look at her incredibly beautiful face, although her voice was chipped and rather demanding, her green eyes twinkled. Two can play at that game. He thought with a grin, looking towards her for a moment with a rather dumb look upon his facial features, watching as she soon stood up and peeled herself away from him. “How could I forget you? You are the most gorgeous she-cat within all the land, none come even close.” Startledcrow chimed as he walked behind her, allowing her to set the pace as his eyes were automatically drawn towards her round stomach. “Like I have said..” He paused, grinning as she slowed her pace long enough for him to catch up to her.

His paws made light sounds upon the wooden dock, his claws lightly digging into the wood for good measure. Startledcrow did not enjoy the water. Grunting, his bright blue eyes flickered over her face for a moment before a charming smile soon took over his dark lips. “You are the most radiant she-cat when under the light of the moon.” He purred, the sound loud and rough from its usually quiet use. Leaning forwards he gently ran his tongue from the bottom of her chin to her bottom lip, where he leaned even closer to tenderly rub his black nose against her soft pink nose. “That’s not even the best part…” He whispered softly, his dark grey tabby pelt appearing black with soft hints of silver under the half moon in the sky, sticking out like shadow amongst the snow speckled dock as he looked down at his mate. “The best part is that your all mine.” He growled gently, his primitive nature over taking his voice a bit, mates could be a wee bit over protective of what were theirs. Smirking softly, he gently bit her ear before he started to stalk along the length of the dock, grinning as he did so.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur tried her best to keep a straight face, looking annoyed and done with Startledcrow’s compliments. But her heart was beating as fast as a rabbit’s paws thumping on the ground when it ran. She stared in her mate’s good eye, watching the reflection of the stars and the water twinkle in its depths. Oh how she could get lost in them. His clouded eye never bothered her, and she never noticed it. To her, Startledcrow was the most handsome tom. Despite him being a medicine cat and not knowing how to fight too well, she still felt protected around him. Her heart almost stopped when he stood in front of her, shivering at the touch of his tongue on her chin. Her lips parted and she breathed softly, unable to form any words for his touch was intoxicating. Her senses dulled when it came to the world around them, focusing only on the dark gray tom, his scent wafting around her like a cloud. 

Whatever was left of Willowfur’s charade was now completely faded away, replaced by a love so powerful that she could have fallen to her knees. But she kept upright, surprised when he suddenly turned away from her to pad farther onto the dock. She was left standing alone, gaping like a kit seeing the territories for the first time. It took her a few moments before she could shake her coat and follow him. She cleared her throat. “I-I guess you made it up to me.” Her voice was a bit shaky, and she cleared her throat once more. She stopped at Startledcrow’s side and looked out to the lake, her eyes scanning the clear water. The moon was a sliver, but it still gave off enough light to see the trees at the other side of the lake where ShadowClan’s territory was. The pines were taller than the oaks in ThunderClan. Willowfur turned to Startledcrow, looking into his eyes. “I wish we could run away together and never look back. You and I could be free to raise our kits in a place where they would be accepted despite having a medicine cat as a father. We could be in the same nest every night without the fear of others knowing. We could be happy.” Maybe it was the hormones that made her think this way. Maybe it was from how much love she felt for him. Or maybe she knew the kits would be born soon and she would have to suffer watching them call Eveningstorm “father”.

Feared
    Participant

He would be lying if he said he didn’t enjoy the effect he held over his mate, but that was more than likely because he was the only tomcat she ever looked at in such a loving and gentle manner. She clearly tried to appear in love with Eveningstorm, he may be similar in small ways to Startledcrow but he simply wasn’t Startledcrow. He hummed softly under his breath for a moment as he slowly lowered his tall and slim body into a sitting position, ears twitching backwards as he listened to his mate hesitantly walk after him, grinning widely to himself when he heard her stammer. “Good. I can’t have my mate displeased.” He purred, chin tilted as she approached him on the left side, only momentarily switching her posture to where she was now walked to sit down beside of him on his right side. “Get closer, I don’t want you getting too cold.” He whispered softly for a moment, his long tail gently draping over the mid-region of her back to encourage her to scoot in closer.

He looked towards his mate as she spoke, his eyes searching her face for a moment as she spoke, while he felt his heart sink within his chest. All she wanted was a mate that could openly express his love for her, and he was holding her back from experiencing such things while her hormones were at their highest. Slowly, he inhaled deeply, the cold air stinging his lungs before he released the bent up air within his chest. “Willowfur… do… do you think I’m what’s best for you? I know you want a mate that can express his love for you infront of everyone. Claim your kits infront of everyone.” He smiled wistfully, his eyes gazing down towards her stomach as his tail tip twitched against her round stomach. They were his blood but he could never claim this litter, for so many reasons it was important that he was not named the father. “I’ve made things difficult on you.. and that has been the last thing I ever want to do on you.” He looked at her and licked her ear. “I wish there was a world where we could leave all this behind.. but I know you love your sister and your father… could you really leave them all behind just to have a life with me?” Startledcrow spoke in a slow and gentle tone, so not to upset her as he groomed her ears and crown of her head.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur pressed closer to him at his request, leaning into his body and letting their coats mingle. Ginger and gray: The colors of heather and the night sky. When he looked back at her, she noticed guilt and sadness in his gaze. “Startledcrow, you haven’t made things difficult for me at all.” She pushed her muzzle towards his, nudging it down so his head turned to look down at her belly. “Look what we created.” She lifted her head to look in his eyes once more. “If anything, you have given my life more meaning. I knew you and I were going to have something special the moment you and I started really talking in your den. I got to know who you are and I fell in love with that. I would rather go through difficult times with you than go the rest of my life without you.” 

When he asked about leaving her family behind, she looked out towards the water and hesitated. Her family meant everything to her, especially Nettlenose. The two sisters were closer with each other than the rest of their littermates. They fit together like two peas in a pod, and kept one another calm. And her father…She looked up to Wolfstar more than anyone else. There were some things she disagreed with him, of course, but he had the patience, loyalty, and determination she strove for. Could she go the rest of her life without them? “Yes,” she whispered, softly. “Yes, I could. Don’t get me wrong, I love them with all my heart. But if you wanted to leave and live our own lives, I would follow you.” She knew as soon as the words came out that she meant them. Could a love that powerful be wrong? Willowfur leaned her head on his shoulder and let out a sigh. She knew he would never leave WindClan. He was a healer, and his responsibility was to care for the sick, injured, and dying. If they ran away, he would feel out of place and miss home. 

Willowfur let out a soft purr and smiled. “I know it’s a thought that will never come true, but sometimes I like to dream of it. But don’t ever feel guilty for what you and I created. I deserve more than that, and so do you.”

Feared
    Participant

He was silent when she gently pressed her muzzle against his own, tenderly forcing his head down and to the side to where his gaze landed upon the sight of her swollen stomach. A small sigh was released from his dark lips while his ears loosely lay back for a moment. She was definitely right, they both had created life and his bloodline wouldn’t be living on if it wasn’t for the connection he had with Willowfur. Slowly his eyes shifted back towards her face as she continued to speak, trying to smooth down his fears. “Willowfur…” He sighed once more, his thoughts weighing heavily upon him before he slowly continued. “This path that we have chosen is a hard one, and will test us in every way possible. I want this to work out between us.. but we both have to patient.” He muttered softly, looking down at his ginger beauty.

Nothing went unnoticed by him as Willowfur hesitated and looked out over the water, she was clearly contemplating if she would leave her family behind. Lips parted as he was about to speak, although he was halted in his forming sentence when she whispered, ears standing upright as she cleared caught him by surprise. She would leave Nettlenose and Wolfstar behind for him and their blossoming future. However, he felt his heart flutter within his chest, it was futile to ask her of such a question as they both knew they could never leave their clan. Startledcrow was a medicine cat and would deemed mostly useless if they were out on their own. “If only if were that simple.” He whispered softly, eyes examining her facial features for a moment before she purred.

“I don’t feel guilty for having kits with you. Never.” He meowed, his long tail gently curling over her back and resting gently along her stomach heavy with kittens. “I am proud that you carry my kittens. But… I feel guilty for you. Pretending to be in love with Eveningstorm, having to watch our kits call him father. And… for me not being able to treat you like a mate should.” He admitted sheepishly, half grinning. “Eveningstorm… you… and these kits.” He muttered, his blue eyes clouded with grief and thought. “Are my only family now.” He grunted, trying not to think of Thistleheart, but in a time such as this he wished for his Littermates council and reassurance. “I know you deserve better.. but I’m not sure I could let you go.” He admitted with a soft chuckle, although he seemed wary as he looked towards her.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur listened to Startledcrow quietly, soaking in every word he was speaking. His voice was low and smooth, which calmed her from her ears to tail tip. She could have swayed at how he spoke. However, his voice was thinly laced with guilt, and then changed to grief. Her heart ached, and she suddenly felt guilty herself for forgetting about the death of his only littermate. It made sense as to why Eveningstorm seemed out of place when he visited her before Startledcrow had checked on her, but he never explained why. Goldenrose was the one who informed her about Thistleheart’s brave death. Willowfur placed her head underneath Startledcrow’s chin, her throat and chest vibrating with a soothing purr. “I will always be your family, Startledcrow, and I will never let you go. You have my word.” 

Willowfur let a silence hang around them. The only sounds she could hear was the soft lapping of the water against the legs of the dock, and the musical notes from the legs of crickets behind them. Other than that, it was quiet. Despite the anxieties of what was to come once the kits were born, it was moments like this that kept her going. Startledcrow was the most romantic tom she knew, which was a surprise considering his snappy attitude towards everyone else. But to her, he was kind and loving. He cared for her and her kits, and did anything to protect them. After awhile, she pulled her head away from underneath his chin and looked out towards the water. “Thistleheart was a great warrior. He was brave and everyone believed he would have become leader someday after Wolfstar. He was funny, and I enjoyed going out on patrols with him when he was an apprentice.” When it came to socializing, Startledcrow and Thistleheart had been completely opposites. “And I know he will be watching over you, my love. He will give you wisdom and strength when you need it the most.”

Feared
    Participant

He hesitated for a moment as his long pink tongue slowly ran over his dark lips, moistening the skin as a small sigh was released through his black nostrils. Startledcrow was momentarily surprise when Willowfur lowered her head to tenderly place the top of her slender head against the bottom of his chin. Grunting softly for a moment when she began to purr and comfort him in a way that he didn’t know that he needed. Three days had gone by since he found out that his Littermate had joined the ranks of StarClan. He hadn’t been holding himself very well, but these past few days he had been rebuilding his walls to hide his emotions. “Thank you, Willowfur.” He whispered softly for a moment, his bright aqua blue eyes flickered towards the dark black shimmering water of the lake.

Startledcrow was thankful for the silence, letting his chin tilt ever so slightly as he kept looking out over the water. Slowly his ears pinned back against his head when Willowfur pulled her head back and began to speak about his brother. Eyebrows furrowed for a moment, his eyes clouding over before he gave a faint shake of his head. “Willowfur..” He sighed heavily, not exactly wanting to hear about his brother. Things were hard enough, he didn’t want to keep hearing his name and the constant reminder that Thistleheart was gone. “Willowfur.” Startledcrow said in a louder and firmer tone, his eyebrows furrowed in a mixture of anger and agony as he looked towards his mate. She was only trying to help heal his broken heart, but the pain of it all was still so fresh… that it angered him. “I… I can’t hear about it this right now.” He hesitantly said, looking away from her as his eyes looked back towards the lake, his jaw right and his tail now lashing behind him. He wasn’t angry with Willowfur, but he was angry about the whole situation.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur stiffened at Startledcrow’s surprisingly sharp tone. When he looked at her with a pained expression, she felt awful for talking about Thistleheart when she didn’t know how he reacted to grief. The ginger queen looked away towards the lake as well, sitting down on the dock and curling her tail around herself. Willowfur knew about grief. When Cremefur had died, all she wanted to do was curl up in her nest with her family surrounding her. She loved hearing stories about her mother, and how brave and fun she was. She never snapped at her loved ones though… Everybody’s different.

A soft breeze billowed from the lake, sweeping their fur to and fro. She caught a faint whiff of pine from ShadowClan’s territories on the other side, and she narrowed her eyes to get a better look from where she stood. It was hard to see who they were, but a few shapes were bustling around the tree trunks. Probably a ShadowClan patrol. Willowfur looked back towards Startledcrow and hesitated. “Do you want me to leave you alone?” she quietly asked. She had said too much about Thistleheart, and now he probably didn’t want to be around her. She wanted to reach up and give his ear a comforting lick, but she stayed where she was, not wanting to make the wrong move. Both of them still had new things to learn about each other, and figuring out how the other deals with grief was one of them. 

Feared
    Participant

As soon as his sharp edged words had left his lips he instantly regretted having such a tone with his mate, but he wasn’t like most cats when it came to expressing or talking about his feelings. He didn’t handle grief well and… loosing Thistleheart had loosened a chain in his armor and he didn’t like it. His heart was still heavy and raw from the large loss, his throat heavy as his watery eyes flickered out towards the lake as Willowfur slowly lowered her body into a laying position on the dock. Well, now you’ve done it. He thought annoyingly to himself, chewing on the inside of his cheek as the heavy silence hung around the two cats. Slowly he glanced towards his mate as she gazed off to the trees, her eyes clouded as she appeared to be in thought.

Startledcrow hesitated when she looked up at him and quietly asked if he wanted her to leave, blinking a few times before he finally frowned and released a small sigh. “No… I.. no.” He muttered, looking down at her for a moment more before he slowly lowered his body into a laying position as well, chewing on his lower lip before he slowly spoke. “I’m sorry for speaking to you in such a manner.. I know you are only trying to help.” He spoke softly, but his voice was becoming thick when he took time to think about his brothers recent death. “I’m just not good at talking about my feelings.. I’m… I’m not Thistleheart.” He finally croaked our, his voice thick with grief and cracking with emotion as he then cleared his throat to try and regain his posture. “Eveningstorm and everyone has tried talking to me about it… but… I don’t know. I feel maybe if I don’t think about it’s not true.” He finally expressed his inner thoughts, chewing on his lower lip to hide the fact it was trembling, grunting softly as he had to clear his throat once more. “But no. I don’t want you to leave and I don’t want to ruin our night because of my dumb mouth.” He grinned his crooked smile, glancing towards her.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur’s ears twitched at the sound of Startledcrow laying beside her, feeling his warm fur against hers. She leaned into him automatically. She could tell he felt bad for snapping at her by the tone of his voice, and she truly wasn’t upset with him. Surprised, yes, but not upset. How could one be upset with someone who was grieving? Startledcrow and Thistleheart had been close. The ginger queen looked in his good eye, and listened. “It’s okay, Startledcrow. I know you’re hurting… trust me. I was close to my mother, and when she died I didn’t know how to handle it. I looked towards the comfort of my family, but not everyone is like that. Just communicate with me.

Willowfur placed her tail on her mate’s back, draping it across his spine. “You can trust me with your feelings. I know it can be hard, but I’m always here for you. However, I’m not a mouse you can toy around with and snap at. If you need your space or don’t want to talk, then let me know and I promise I’ll work with you. That’s how relationships thrive. I won’t take it personally.” Willowfur leaned forward and rasped her tongue along the side of his face in soft strokes. A purr vibrates in her throat. Caring for Startledcrow came easy for her.

Willowfur made a mental note to seek Eveningstorm out tomorrow to see how he was doing. She wasn’t in love with the tom, but she grew to care for him like a friend. Not only that, but the Clan would expect her to see how her “mate” was handling his half-brother’s death. Willowfur tilted her head at Startledcrow, wanting to change the subject. “Nettlenose told me earlier that she and Wolfstar are going to speak with the leaders in each Clan tomorrow morning. She said the rest of the Clan believes they’re gathering or talking about herbs, and Wolfstar is just her escort, but that’s not true. Do you know why they’re talking with the leaders? She didn’t explain the reason for it.

Feared
    Participant

Startledcrow stayed silent as his mate looked at him, her smaller frame leaning into his own, despite the size of her pregnant stomach, it was rather comfortable. Slowly his pointed ears fell back against the crown of his head, pupils narrowing slightly in thought as she spoke. Willowfur was right, he did need to get better with his communication with at least her, slowly his tongue ran over his lower lip before he whispered. “I don’t mean to make you feel like I’m toying with you. I’m just not used to… having to talk.” Startledcrow admitted, scooting a bit closer to his mate as dark grey fur mingled with ginger fur. As her long tongue rasped gently over the side of his face, he closed his eyes and silently enjoyed the feeling of being groomed.

When Willowfur pulled back, he sighed softly and cleared his throat before opening his eyes. Her words caused him to hesitate, looking at her for a moment as his mind seemed to come to a stop as he tried to explore the possibilities of why both the senior Medicine Cat and leader needed to leave the clan. Quickly he snapped out of his thoughts and slowly shook his head while releasing a half laugh. “Honestly, Nettlenose hasn’t gone into great depth about why they are going.” He sugar coated the fact that he had literally just found out, keeping slowly shaking his head as he felt anger begin to boil under his flank. Since when did Nettlenose keep things from him? Grunting softly, he swallowed his annoyance before looking towards Willowfur and leaned forwards as he silently began to lick her flank in order to calm himself down.

Wolfstar
    Participant

He didn’t know. Willowfur knew immediately that Startledcrow had no idea what she was talking about. She noticed the flashes of confusion and then anger in his eyes before embarrassment took over. She decided not to question him about it any longer. Why do I have such a big mouth? Maybe trying to talk about high rank business was not her place. “Well, I’m sure it’s not a big deal, “she meowed quickly and dismissively. When he rasped his tongue over her flank, she didn’t complain and instead closed her green eyes and let out a soft purr.

The wind was getting colder and the slivered moon shone directly above them. In just a few hours, the dawn patrol would start waking. Willowfur knew she was unable to attend warrior duties, but she stilled missed them terribly. She felt bad for having others hunt and bring food for her, and she definitely missed the feel of the wind in her fur while running on the moors. She was blessed to have the same pelt color and body build as her mother. Blizzardfall, Pineshadow, and Hailgaze all took after Wolfstar and neither of them were the best hunters. Without warning, Willowfur yawned. Sneaking away from camp during nights was tiring, and she got tired a lot quicker pregnant. “I need to sleep, my love. Or else I’m going to fall asleep to your tongue rasps and I think that would be a surprising sight for the rest of the Clan.” Her eyes shined with amusement.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory The Dock Falling snow and love (Willow and Startled)