Down by the Bay (Darktorrent/Sorrelember, Closed)

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory Down by the Bay (Darktorrent/Sorrelember, Closed)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Of course Sorrelember’s favorite place in RiverClan territory had to be the beach. She couldn’t be perfect for him in every way, he supposed. There was no way she could possibly know about his phobia of the sea, so it’s not like she had said that her favorite place on the territory was the beach just to spite him. Besides, he was the one that kept bringing her here. He would do anything for her… even subject himself to his worst fear. Thankfully she didn’t seem to notice just how much he loathed the place, so he assumed he was doing well hiding his true feelings about this particular location. It was dark out, so at least the sunlight wouldn’t be bouncing off the sea and blinding him. Recently nighttime had been the only time he could spend with the lovely queen, and it almost felt like they were sneaking around and meeting in secret. His new duties as clan deputy definitely kept him busy, and it didn’t help that he was now working so closely with Sorrelember’s mother. Wisteriastar clearly wasn’t too pleased by how… close he and Sorrelember had been getting recently. Oh well, despite what Wisteriastar seemed to think about him, he did genuinely care for Sorrelember and her little ones very much.

His green eyes found her amber ones as he casually touched her flank with his tail. “You look beautiful tonight,” he said quietly, leaning in to gently press his nose against her cheek as they walked. “Hell, you look beautiful all the time,” he purred, blinking at her slowly. “I’m honored that you agreed to accompany me, I know you don’t really like to leave the kits alone so late at night…” He trailed off, hesitating for a moment before cautiously twinning his tail with hers as they finally arrived at the shore. “I love spending time with you, Sorrelember, I’m sorry its been so long, I’ve been trying to make time whenever I can…” he fretted, whiskers twitching nervously. He was so worried that she would think he was losing interest, which couldn’t be further from the truth. “I wish I could be with you and the little ones all the time… They’re not too mad at me for being so busy recently, are they?”

Feared
    Participant

Sorrelember ~ RiverClan Queen

She hadn’t been expecting Darktorrent to approach her earlier that evening to ask if she wanted to stroll along the beach, he had been very busy as of late because of his new position within the clan. But she knew that was bound to happen, although she was silently pleased that he was making time for her, she was beginning to miss him. Although her little ones were not as forgiving, they had grown used to the toms company, her two daughters were beginning to complain about his recent absence. But Sorrelember understood what was going on, he was now the deputy of the Clan and second in command underneath her mother, Wisteriastar. That was no easy task. The sound of the waves rolling onto shore lulled her mind into deep thought as she walked beside Darktorrent, her gaze unfocused for a moment before she felt the casual but light touch of his tail against her flank. Blinking out of her thoughts, the richly painted calico glanced towards Darktorrent as he spoke, causing her cheeks to immediately heat up with a blush as she smiled. “Thank you.” She purred softly, humming in soft approval as he pressed his nose against her cheek, getting her heart rate to pick up.

Darktorrent didn’t know it but he certainly was a charmer, causing the queen to smile softly before she looked back at the tomcat. His deep green eyes seemed troubled and a bit nervous as he gazed at her, apparently from what he was saying the male was worried she was upset with him. “It’s okay, I’m just glad you asked. I’ve missed spending time with you.” She admitted in a soft voice, her ears burning while admitting such a thing but she was a bold creature, she would take that leap. As he moved closer to her and cautiously twined his tail with hers, she blinked in surprise before she tightened the twine on their tails, her purr picking up an octave. “Darktorrent.” She purred softly, slowing their pace as the ocean breeze tugged at their pelts, causing her to step closer as she tenderly licked at his cheeks and muzzle, reassuring him. “I understand that you are the deputy now. I am fully aware that you won’t always have time for me, and I want you to do your best. So if I have to take a step back then I will.” She promised softly, allowing her nose to gently touch his before she leaned back with a tender smile before she laughed. “The kits however… they are not as forgiving.” She warned, pressing her flank closely to his, barely leaving any room for a grain of sand to pass through, the dark grey pelt of Darktorrent mixing with the white, red and black streaked pelt of Sorrelember. Just how she liked it.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

The dark tom’s ears began heating up as she licked at his face. Gosh, she really had an effect on him, and he absolutely adored her. He purred softly at her displays of affection, but frowned ever so slightly at her words. He didn’t want her to step back, he wanted her by his side forever… but for some reason he could bring himself to say that. Not yet, anyway. He sighed softly, leaning in to gently nuzzle her cheek and neck. It hurt his heart to know that her kits were upset with him.

“What can I do to make it up to them?” He asked quietly, lifting his head to meet her gaze. “I don’t want them to be upset with me, I know I’ve been shirking my duties as a… playmate and storyteller. I want to make it up to them.” His tone was earnest as he gazed at Sorrelember. He wasn’t the father of her kits, and he wouldn’t dare to claim them unless she wanted him to, but he did care for them as if they were his own. His duties as deputy were so important to the whole clan, but Sorrelember and her kits meant so, so much to him.

The feel of her fur against his put his mind somewhat at ease. He was glad that she wasn’t angry with him. “I… I don’t like only being able to spend time with you at night. It feels like we’re sneaking around, like we’re doing something inappropriate.” He mumbled softly, leaning into her touch. “I know Wisteriastar isn’t exactly… pleased by how much time we were sending together previously, but I don’t plan on letting her get between us…” He declared softly, leaning in to gently lick at her ear. “I’d like to go fishing together in the morning… if you think you’ll be able? Then maybe we can take the little ones to that little stream just outside of camp so they can splash around a bit?” he suggested, tilting his head slightly. Sorrelember’s kits were at the age that most queens began allowing their young some supervised time in the stream so they could learn the skills they would eventually hone during their apprenticeships. He wasn’t sure if she had taken them there herself yet, so he hoped he wasn’t overstepping. A litter’s first time in the stream was typically an experience just for the family, and he knew that he technically wasn’t family. He shuffled his paws and gazed at her sheepishly, whiskers twitching.

Feared
    Participant

Her fiery orange gaze was soft as he sighed and leaned in to nuzzle at her cheek and then her neck, he was troubled and it was easily noticed by the queen but she stayed silent as the tomcat began to speak. Sorrelember was genuinely surprised that it was bothering him so much that he hadn’t been able to spend as much time as he would like with her kittens, but it certainly touched her heart and warmed it as she smiled softly and leaned forward to gently lick his muzzle. “We will think of something to soften their little hearts.” She promised, her slender figure pressed against his muscular frame as she gazed at him quietly, the soft crashes of the ocean on the far beach was calming to her. Not to mention the sweetheart pressed against her was also calming her nerves.

Sorrelember tilted her head for a moment as she looked at the tomcat as he spoke again, her ears twitching slightly for a moment as she felt her lips widen in a humored smile as she lightly bumped her shoulder blade against his. “Maybe we are doing something inappropriate.” Sorrelember laughed softly, he appeared so bashful when saying so, she couldn’t help but tease him. Of course, they weren’t doing anything inappropriate, but she was well aware of how her mother felt about Darktorrent courting her. But Sorrelember didn’t care, for all she cared, her mother could suck on an egg. Although she did blink in surprise when he declared in a soft voice that he had no intention of letting Wisteriastar get in the way of whatever was growing between them. She gazed at him in surprise as he leaned in and licked her ear, her heart was beating swiftly while also skipping beats here and there. He would never understand just how much that meant to her, Wisteriastar was always there for her when she didn’t need it and never around when she did. Right now.. she didn’t need her mother to meddle.

She smiled brightly as he spoke about going fishing in the morning and then taking the kits out to the stream, her tail tight around his own as she licked his cheek. “I would absolutely love to go fishing with you in the morning.” She purred, leaning her nose against his jawline for a moment. “I think the kittens will be very excited to go to the stream with you and I. That just might melt their hearts.” Sorrelember whispered softly, her voice gentle and almost lost in the breeze but she purred regardless as she gently rubbed her cheek against his in a sign of close affection. “Now stop worrying and relax. Today looked like a bit of a stressful one for you.” Sorrelember commented, purring loudly.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

“Maybe we are doing something inappropriate,” Those words caused the dark warrior’s fur to warm significantly as he blinked in surprise at Sorrelember. Despite his surprise, a playful smirk found its way to his muzzle as he shook his head. “It’s a bit too soon for all that, don’t you think?” He teased softly, raising an eyebrow. Even though he knew she was joking, he liked how bold she was. It definitely made things more interesting, that was for sure.

A small mrow of delight escaped the young tom as she agreed to his proposition and rubbed her cheek against his. “Excellent, it’s a date,” he purred, winking at the calico. Darktorrent nodded as she instructed him to relax, a content sigh escaping him. “I’ll try… I can’t relax too much though. Might fall asleep on you and you’ll have to drag my sleeping rump back to camp,” He snickered, flashing her a charming grin.

He continued to walk alongside her in silence for a little while before he suddenly spoke up, green eyes lifting to meet orange. “Care for a nighttime snack? I can go catch us something to share while you find a good spot for us to relax…” He offered, leaning in to softly nuzzle her jaw and neck. He wasn’t typically so touchy, but since becoming deputy, he’d been greatly missing his time with the beauty before him. All he wanted was to breathe in her scent, feel her fur, and hear her voice. Nothing else brought him such pure bliss. He knew that his feelings for Sorrelember had developed very rapidly, but he didn’t care. He knew wanted to be by her side for the rest of his life, if she would have him.

Feared
    Participant

She smiled to herself for a moment as a playful smirk found its way along his lips, causing her to snicker for a moment as her long tail moved to lightly smack against his hips. “Who says?” She teased right back while lifting a single brow, his reactions were always so innocent, purely made out of instinct before he would catch himself when around her and she loved that. As he called their get together a date, she couldn’t help but smile and brighten up at the mention, her orange eyes bright as a slow burning ember, turning her chin away from his handsome face as she gazed further down the stretch of grass and sand. Any closer to the ocean and she noticed that Darktorrent would get jumpy and anxious, but she honestly didn’t understand why. The waves were distant but she could see them rolling and the white caps crashing down upon one another before slowly rolling onto the shore, trailing slowly before being yanked back out to sea. It was calming to see to this young queen, her mind clear for a moment before her eyes flashed towards Darktorrent as he spoke once more, causing her to laugh slightly for a moment. “If you are tired, then we can head back soon so you can get some sleep.” She offered, turning away from the sea and walking along side him once more as she nudged his shoulder with her nose.

The silence the hung between them was comfortable and blissful as they slowly walked with one another, her toes digging into the sand while her tail stayed twined with Darktorrent’s. She was tired from taking care of four rowdy kittens but she wasn’t about to complain, not when Darktorrent had a whole clan to oversee and deal with complications all day long. Her eyes rose slowly to gaze up at the dark sky, the stars shimmering slightly through the dark blue and black hues overhead. Blinking at the sound of the toms voice, her whiskers twitching slightly at the thought of food. “Hmmmm… that sounds lovely.” She said softly, leaning into his touch as he nuzzled her jaw and neck. Normally he wasn’t touching her so much but she wasn’t complaining, in fact she rather enjoyed it when he displayed such affection, even in private. A soft purr was leaving her throat as he tenderly touched her jaw and neck, ears laying back against her head lightly as she leaned towards him and licked his chin. “Anything will literally be fine, so don’t worry.” She teased and lightly smacked his muzzle with her tail as she turned away, heading further up the bank, keeping to the sand and grass as she looked for a comfortable spot, ears pricking upright as she spotted an old log and a slightly flat rock.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Darktorrent hummed in approval at her words, his eyes roaming over her figure as she walked away from him. “Great StarClan…” He breathed softly, finally tearing his gaze away from her as he turned to head into the trees. It was rather late so he wasn’t sure what exactly would be available to him, but he kept his eyes open and ears pricked. His mouth hung open slightly as he scented the air, eyes narrowing in concentration as he cause the fresh scent of a shrew. He crouched low to the ground, slowly creeping forward as he followed the scent of his prey. It wasn’t long until he saw the dusty brown rodent sniffing around the base of a willow tree. He licked his lips hungrily and continued to creep closer and closer, until he finally pounced, swiftly dispatching the creature before it could make a sound.

Now that he could get a closer look at the shrew, he was quite pleased. This would satisfy both of them. He bowed his head and silently thanked StarClan for the prey, then picked it up to return to Sorrelember. It took him a bit of time to find her, but when he did, a fond smile crossed his muzzle. “Hey gorgeous,” He purred, lightly stroking down her back with his tail as he moved to place the shrew at her paws. He then laid beside her, allowing their pelts to touch. “Miss me while I was gone?” he teased, twining his tail around hers once again.

Feared
    Participant

Sorrelember was laying upon the slightly flat rock, she didn’t mind the dip in the stomach that was caused from the high floods when the sea water would roll too far inland, instead she was watching the rolling tides of the ocean as they crashed up on shore. Pupils narrowing faintly for a moment as she roamed her tongue over her lower lip, tasting the salt in the air before she let out a soft hum. She indeed loved the ocean, it was calming and the roars from the waves and the tug of the breeze was enough to clear her thoughts. Long tail weaving against the tall green and yellow grass that managed to sprout through the pale yellow and white speckled sand below, her Firepaw hanging off the edge of the stone as her toes played with the sand before a very familiar scent reached her nostrils, a tender smile playing along her lips as she turned her chin to spot the dark grey striped pelt of Darktorrent. A soft shiver ran down her spine as he trailed his tail down her back, but it was done out of affection, causing her cheeks to warm up at his compliment as she looked up at him. He placed a shrew down at her paws, chin tilting as she appeared rather pleased with his catch, wasn’t often that she ate land prey but shrew was definitely one of the better choices. “Mmmm, hey there handsome.” She cooed softly, her forehead lightly rubbing against his side as he moved to lay down beside of her.

Sorrelember scooted just a bit closer to the male, her chin tilted slightly for a moment as he twined their tails together, causing her to smirk as she rubbed her muzzle gently against his. “I did. But now that you are back I’m not so lonely.” She purred softly as she gave his cheek a gentle lick, before she looked back down at the shrew near her paws. “This looks like a good catch, wonderful Darktorrent.” Sorrelember smiled, her flank pressing against his as she lowered her chin to nip back the skin of the shrew, taking a bite out of the meat, the juices filling her mouth as she chewed on the tender meat. “Mmmm.” She moaned in delight, it was tasty and tender. Just perfect. Shifting she pushed the shrew towards Darktorrent, licking her lips as she swallowed the mouthful. “Go ahead and eat, love. I bet you’re hungrier than I am.” She cooed softly, leaning in to lick at his ears as she reassured him that he could have his fill.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Darktorrent purred softly at the she-cat’s praise, letting out a small hum of satisfaction as she pressed closer to his side. Stars, she was stunning, and all this attention and affection he was receiving from her was more than welcome. He blinked when she pushed the shrew over to him and his pelt heated up when she called him love. He started to refuse and allow her to have her fill first, but a growl from his stomach betrayed him. All he’d had to eat that day was a small fish he’d found near the bottom of the pile. He gave her a sheepish grin, dipping his head in thanks.

“Ah, thank you, love,” He murmured, leaning in to take a few bites. He hummed in delight, licking his lips as he swallowed. He didn’t know if it was how hungry he was or if it was because of who he was eating it with, but this was the best tasting shrew he had ever eaten. He ate about half of the prey, then nudged it back over to Sorrelember. “All yours,” He purred, beginning to clean his muzzle to show her he was finished. If he hasn’t passed it back, he would have finished the whole thing himself, and that would have just been rude. He’d eaten enough to hold him over until breakfast time.

He waited for her to finish, and once she was done, he shifted to lay on his side and draped a forepaw over her shoulder, gently drawing her closer to him. He leaned in and nuzzled her face, licking her muzzle tenderly. “So, how have you been feeling lately?” he asked softly, unable to hide the look of adoration on his face. He really, truly loved this she-cat.

Feared
    Participant

She smiled slightly as she noticed the expression that Darktorrent was wearing, clearly the tomcat wanted to argue but his grumbling stomach did the talking for him. She was no fool, she knew he hadn’t really eaten anything. “You’re welcome.” She purred softly, shifting to where she was gently grooming his pelt as he ate, cleaning the dark grey fur from dead grass and bits of dirt. She didn’t mind grooming his pelt, his scent was tickling her scent glands and his warmth sent a faint shiver down her spine. He was always so warm, sometimes it made her sleepy. She had just finished with grooming his shoulders and the middle of his back when he pushed the shrew back towards her, hesitating for a moment as she searched his face as if she were trying to decide if he truly was done. “Are you sure?” She asked softly, licking his ears a few times before he noticed that he was cleaning his muzzle, a clear indication that he was. Lowering herself back onto her stomach, she dipped her as she took a few more bites out of the shrew, chewing slowly and carefully before she finally finished off the shrew and pushed it away before she licked her paws and drew it over her muzzle to clean it of any blood.

She blinked as she felt Darktorrent shift beside of her, turning her head slightly to peer at the tomcat. She didn’t want him to move away! But he had other plans as he draped a forearm around her shoulders, allowing her body to be manipulated as he dragged her closer to his body, causing her to also lay on her side while her back was gently pressed against his stomach and her shoulders against his chest. She had to admit that she liked this laying position, a loud purr beginning to emit from her throat as her long tail sought out his, twining. She hummed in delight and closed her eyes as he nuzzled her face, smiling softly as she gently moved her head against his, her purr getting louder as he licked her muzzle. He was all about affection tonight but she was eating it up, silently she was greatly enjoying this. Ears perked up at his question as she smiled softly, “I’m feeling better now that my cold has passed.” She admitted, the change of the seasons were beginning to take place and only a few days earlier Sorrelember had been sneezing with a runny nose and an upset stomach. Her kittens were fortunate enough not to catch anything from her, but Rainysky hadn’t appeared worried. “Plus I’m with the most handsome tomcat in all of RiverClan, I’m doing much better.” She laughed softly, rubbing her cheek against his neck before she began to groom the fur in a slow and gentle fashion. “What about you, love? Have you been feeling okay? Eating alright?” She fretted softly, reaching up to lick at his muzzle.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

He listened to her speak, letting out a hum of delight as she groomed the fur along his neck. A fond smile escaped him as she began fretting over him, and he leaned down to affectionately press his muzzle against hers. “It’s been a stressful adjustment period and I feel like I could sleep for a whole season,” He admitted, a soft sigh escaping him as he leaned in to gently lick her lips. “I’m a young warrior, so some of our seniors don’t take me seriously. I’ve been working so hard for days…” He mumbled, pulling her closer to him ever so slightly and burying his face in her fur. Her scent and the feel of her soft, silky pelt put him at ease

“However, I’m with the most beautiful, stunning she-cat in the world, so none of that matters right now. I’m feeling wonderful since I’m here with you, my little ember,” he breathed softly, beginning to groom her fur with long, gentle strokes. He wanted to put her mind at ease, as she clearly seemed to be a bit worried about him. “Things will get easier for me over time, love. I’m okay, I promise” he reassured her, placing another tender lick on her muzzle.

Feared
    Participant

Sorrelember didn’t seem convinced as he lowered his bigger head to press their muzzles together, his deep green eyes were dull with exhaustion and even though she was grateful that he was making time for her, she also didn’t want to push him too far. “I just don’t want to push you too far… I understand if you can’t see me as much.” She offered in a soft voice, a tender purr tickling at the back of her throat before she lifted her chin to rub her muzzle back against his. He was stressed out to the heavens with some of their senior warriors and while it was to be expected, it didn’t make her feel any better about it. “I take you seriously. Many cats do, keep working hard to show them why you got this position.” She urged in a gentle tone, her tail lightly tugging on his tail. “Because I think you have been doing a great job. Seniors be damned.” She winked playfully, knowing her words would have earned her a good thunk to the head from her former mentor.

He pulled her closer to where her back was pressed firmly against his stomach and her neck was resting back against his chest and broad shoulder while her head leaned back against the nape of his neck in order to watch him with a gentle gaze. Sorrelember purred loudly as he licked her lips, a kiss, causing her to blush but she smiled up eagerly at him as he then began to pay attention to her pelt, the feeling of his long strokes were soothing. “Mmmm.” She groaned in delight before she gave a slow now. “Alright. I will believe you this time, but you don’t have my permission to push yourself too hard. Don’t forget to eat and if you need to sleep more than you need to see me, you sleep.” She spoke softly but her tone indicated that there was no room for arguing. Plus he had put her in a marvelous mood after using a nickname, her eyes closing as he licked her pelt before his tongue found her muzzle. “You better be.” Sorrelember quipped, opening her orange eyes as she quickly licked his lips before he could pull back, a charming smile upon her muzzle.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory Down by the Bay (Darktorrent/Sorrelember, Closed)