Dirty Jobs [Smokewisp + Murktongue]

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory Tunnel System Dirty Jobs [Smokewisp + Murktongue]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lux
    Participant

Smokewisp – Shadowclan Deputy

Smokewisp blinked a few times as her eyes adjusted to the dark tunnels. It was finally time to clean up the dark, sticky substance they’d found in the tunnels. Her jaws ached from the giant ball of moss she carried. It would be difficult and labor intensive to clean. In addition they had to be cautious since its toxicity hadn’t been confirmed. The last thing they needed right now was poisoned warriors.

She glanced over her shoulder, watching the two cats pad along behind her. She’d brought two warriors to help. One was fairly young and inexperienced. But the other, Murktongue, was nearly her own age. Hopefully with all three working they’d be done by noon. Her nose wriggled in discomfort. She usually stuck with the younger warriors, as she felt unconfident around those her own age. She shifted her amber eyes forward, trying to put unpleasant thoughts aside. Surely everything would be fine.

The stench grew stronger, and she soon sat her bundle of moss down upon the dirt floor. “Alright,” she mewed. “Try to avoid contact with this stuff, and wash your paws thoroughly after we’re done. If you’re having trouble getting it off head back to Saplingskies, he’s more knowledgeable about this stuff than I.” She tilted her head inquisitively, “Any other questions?

Chris
    Participant

The slender brown tabby tom made his way through the moist undergrowth slowly and reluctantly, his face wrinkling into a grimace of displeasure as they drew nearer to the source of the repulsive arbor that pervaded the marsh. His mind was already working, wondering why this weapon was being disposed of so carelessly. If it was poison, it was a huge tactical advantage. A stinky blessing in disguise.

“Do tell me later what our crime was to get stuck with this particular job?” He mrrowed softly, stopping beside Smokewisp.

Lux
    Participant

Smokewisp – Shadowclan Deputy

Smokewisp looked over, narrowing her eyes at Murktongue. “Excuse me?” She mewed, not quite believing her ears. Of course, the brown tom was notorious for his attitude. But right here, and right now?

Everyone gets a turn doing the dirty work,” she meowed, trying to hide her soured expression. “Honestly, I’m almost always doing the dirty work. But this time, it’s a job for three.” She glanced over, looking at the second warrior. They’d been silent, but expressed a similar disgust as Murktongue. ‘Why does everyone resent hard work,‘ she silently complained. “Come on now, the sooner we start the sooner we’ll finish.” She stepped forward, demonstrating how to sponge the substance from the floor. Her paws felt cumbersome, pushing around the dark liquid that clung to the stony floor. “Might not be able to clean it all, but the new-leaf rain will wash the rest away.” She looked back at the two warriors, raising an expectant eyebrow as she implored them to begin working. ‘I know they don’t want to do this. By Starclan, I don’t want to either. But, it needs to be done. Else we can’t allow patrols though the tunnel…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory Tunnel System Dirty Jobs [Smokewisp + Murktongue]