by the books[Fox+Berry]

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Berry Flats by the books[Fox+Berry]

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Peach
    Participant

Foxnose~

Okay Foxnose you got this, just stick to your schedule and everything will be fine. The newly made warrior had just been given his first apprentice, Berrypaw, and had been working hard ever since to create a good training program for him. The tom gave his apprentice his very first task, to track him and meet him at the Berry Flats, something he thought should be very simple as a first training lesson. Foxnose took a long inhale, holding it in for a few heart beats before a long exhale followed. His bushy tail flicked nervously behind him, “He should be here by now, maybe I should have set up a closer meeting place” The tom cat paced at the border of the Berry Flats, waiting for the scent of his apprentice to reach him. His pale yellow gaze trying to focus on the forest in front of him, resisting the urge to go find him, No he needs to find his way on his own.

With that in mind, he lowered himself on the dirt beneath him, while his face was calm and collected, his tail kicking up dirt behind him gave away his true nervous feelings. Foxnose was very determined to make sure their first training experience was a good one, his first lesson would be tracking Foxnose to their training area, of course the tom made it a little simpler by making sure he left his scent in more obvious places. Once the tom arrived he planned on questioning the apprentice on what he saw on his way here, then teaching him how to hunt.

The sudden scent of Berrypaw snapped the warrior out of his daze, Hes close! Raising to his paws the tom now towered over the ground. His gaze frantically looking for the apprentice, a sigh of relief when he saw the brown and white pelt of Berrypaw. “Welcome Berrypaw, I hope you didn’t struggle getting here too much.” Foxnose smiled down at his first apprentice, “Why don’t you catch your breath then we can start your training.”

mahon [owl]
    Participant

berrypaw

The tom couldn’t help but tingle with excitement as he walked through the forest, gingerly putting one paw in front of the other. A small was plastered onto his face as he gazed at the trees and the animals around him, unable to hide his awe. His mentor, Foxnose, has given Berrypaw the task of tracking him. And, while the multicoloured tom found that his mentors’ scent was easily found, his main problem was with distraction. Every time Berrypaw saw something new, he had to stop and sniff it. Flowers, bugs, everything. Even the bright orange butterfly that flew past his nose was worth his attention, causing a delay to his training. The young tom pounced forward in an attempt to play with the butterfly and frowned when he saw it flutter away. Blinking, Berrypaw realized how much time he had wasted and lifted his nose to the air to detect the scent of his mentor. Over there. 

Without hesitation, Berrypaw made his way to Berry Flats. Unlike Foxnose, the apprentice had no poker face. His expressions were easily readable – excitement and pride. “I found you!” He exclaimed, not noticing the sigh of relief his mentor had. Berrypaw didn’t know much about his mentor and hoped that he would be extra nice and friendly. Maybe this was a chance to get to know each other. From what he had heard from the other apprentices, their mentor was either a hit or miss. They would either be someone very supportive or someone very strict. Berrypaw hoped for the former. “I didn’t struggle!” The colourful tom smiled up at Foxnose, deciding to leave out how distracted he got. “What are we going to do today?”

Peach
    Participant

Foxnose

Foxnose couldn’t help but feel a bit of pride when his apprentice informed him of his ease getting here, though it probably helped that I tried to make it as simple as possible, though perhaps I won’t tell him that. The ginger tom was happy that he had an eager to learn apprentice as he once was, “Well for now why don’t you tell me what you saw on your way here, anything that stood out to you. Remember there’s no wrong answer.” The tom offered Berrypaw a small encouraging smile. While he meant what he said about there being no wrong answers, he was still testing the tom. When you are running through the forest you should always take notes on specific land marks that stand out as the night come in handy in the future.  

Foxnose was known to be one of the better trackers in the clan, part of that was knowing his territory like the back of his paw. While he knew Berrypaw needed to find his own strengths he couldn’t help but hope Berrypaw would share his love for tracking. 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Berry Flats by the books[Fox+Berry]