border side chats [Kass/Wisteriastar]

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory border side chats [Kass/Wisteriastar]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tyler
    Participant

It would be a lie to say that Kass didn’t check this particular portion of the territory, where the trees thinned out and shifted into RiverClan territory, often. Perhaps not every night, but it rounded up to be quite often. Perhaps she was waiting for a sign, something in her gut told her Wisteriastar would come back eventually, even if on accident. And so she waited, perched on a low tree branch that definitely hung itself directly over the border line, eyes closed as she basked in the warm night NewLeaf was brining to the table.

She wasn’t completely sure why she was so eager to meet here with Wisteriastar, the leader of the clan who insulted her, the perpetrator of Antlercreek’s death. In the back of her mind she could separate the fact from fiction of the event but what sat so clearly on the forefront of her mind tended to be the way she was allowed to control the event, that she was allowed that freedom from Hollystar. That was the difference, she had decided, between RiverClan and ThunderClan. Heronflight wasn’t Wisteriastar’s equal. But Kass damn sure was Hollystar’s, as account on their personal relationship.

Tori
    Participant

– W I S T E R I A S T A R –

Wisteriastar was leading the dusk border patrol when she caught scent of it– ThunderClan, and a specific scent too, one that she recognized well due to a recent dispute between their Clans. It was Kass’s, but it was faint and mixed with the breezy smell of the river so she could only assume that the ThunderClan deputy was lingering past their borders in their own territory. But she knew how her warriors would likely react, they were still on edge in dealing with ThunderClan after the results of the battle that had occurred. So, the RiverClan leader stopped on her paws and turned to face her patrol, who either hadn’t yet picked up on Kass’s scent or had chosen to let their leader address the situation before they spoke up. “I’ll go alone from this point on,” she told her warriors, “The rest of you can return back to camp grounds.” This command was no longer unusual for the RiverClanners, as Wisteriastar now had a habit of dispersing herself from her Clanmates after patrols had finished late at night. Since she would often sneak off to a certain other direction near the mountains lately, out of sight from her Clan or anyone else in the veil of darkness that could conceal her whereabouts and her intentions. 

But that would not be what she would be doing tonight, it seemed. She would have to apologize to Hornetstar later for missing the chance to see him, but something else had come up that she apparently needed to address now. Making her way to the river’s stepping stones, she was already admittedly a little annoyed. Wisteriastar had hardly the chance to see her mate as it is and missing the opportunity to be with him was not something she appreciated, even if she knew that there was a likelihood more often than not that this would happen, this was the first time she had missed their appointments. 

The dilute calico came into view rather quickly, as the former rogue molly was laying about on a branch that hung directly over the other side of the river. Wisteriastar stopped abruptly in her tracks at the sight, her eyes narrowing in annoyance, choosing to not cross the river and instead to sit on one of the stones a little further from the bank. She didn’t know if Kass would dare the chance of trying to enter the river’s streaming waters or not but the RiverClanner wasn’t going to risk getting too close, as she did not know completely the other she-cat’s stance towards herself or her Clan after the circumstances in which they last interacted. “Knowing you, waiting around here isn’t something as simple as coincidence,” the hardy feline called, her tone of voice stoic despite her taunting words. However, her facial expression still held a tight portrayal of her feelings of annoyance.

Tyler
    Participant

The fond look Kass granted Wisteriastar was not one she felt she had to cover, but the burst of excitement definitely was. The RiverClan leader hadn’t had to give her the time of day, and yet she did anyway. The ex-rogue let out a chuckle through her nose at the question, “Are you saying I’m complex? Might want to tell your deputy that one, along with the fact that I don’t know how to swim- not well anyway.” she called back, humor in her voice to show she didn’t really mean it to be taken one way or another. She enjoyed the fact that neither of them cared to greet each other formally. It wasn’t necessary. The branch which she’d perched herself on hung low over the river, but the large oak tree’s limbs were so thick she wasn’t necessarily scared of the water below.

“Has anyone ever told you how I ended up here?” She didn’t wait for an answer, “I was chased by a pack of dogs over a cliff that hung over the river. I was far from base on an external mission to take out some old tom who was in charge of a group of inbred psychos..” she shrugged as if the idea of casual murder wasn’t that big of a deal. Because it wasn’t, and she had a feeling Wisteriastar at least remembered that feeling from her childhood. She lowered her eyes to the water, “Anyway, the river swept me up. And even if I could swim, the current was too strong. I broke my leg on a rock in the water and passed out. Woke up on this bank where Hollystar found me, and then hid me so Softbelly could patch me up. Recovery was a long and terrible process.. long moons which also included multiple healer and deputy disappearances. Even if it hadn’t.. I don’t think the other clans realize I’ve been here for the better part of almost six seasons right under their noses. I’m about as acclimated as I’m going to get.” She told the leader with a certainty to her tone.

“Ever since the battle I haven’t been able to get over the way your clan reacted but.. I thought you of all cats in this forest would have at least trusted me. I get the prejudice from Heronflight. It’s annoying but I can deal with it. Even so…” Her bi-colored eyes made their way to look at Wisteriastar directly. “City cats can’t swim. And you know this. You probably knew it as soon as someone gave word of the scent they thought they found. That entire situation could have been avoided and yet we sat there like idiots arguing about things that don’t matter and lives were lost over a silly rivalry that’s unnecessary.”

Tori
    Participant

– W I S T E R I A S T A R – 

The calico RiverClanner listened silently to the story in which Kass had chosen to tell her. She didn’t quite know what to think of it, regardless of the similarities to their histories, she thought it was somewhat strange that the ThunderClan feline was confiding in her. Even though the two of them had met along the border and chatted about themselves to one another once or twice, Wisteriastar still did not quite consider the two of them close friends, if even friends at all. They were more like distant acquaintances that held a certain amount of respect and understanding for each other but the two mollies were each complicated cats with a personality barrier that was difficult to breach, even among their own Clans. It was because of this distance that she doubted the two of them would be anywhere close to truly calling one another a friend any time soon. 

“Well, my condolences,” Wisteriastar responded unsympathetically, figuring that Kass wasn’t the type of cat that wanted to be babied or pitied anyway. Besides, she was sure that she knew as well as herself that rogue life and warrior life held a certain amount of similarities with the trials of survival they would face. The only difference was now, in a Clan, one had companions and the strength of numbers to survive as a group, as opposed to the lone number of one that could easily be picked off the surface unnoticed. 

When Kass expressed her personal opinion of the matter between their Clans and the current tensions that were between ThunderClan and RiverClan, Wisteriastar took it in, and yes, she arguably understood where the ex-rogue was coming from, but the calico she-cat found herself snorting in response before she could muster an attempt to suppress it. “I know your opinion of the Clans is as simple that we’re fools that stress over trivial things, but if you’re going to be a part of the higher ups and how things are run in the Clans, then there’s something you need to learn fast,” She said, blatantly challenging the deputy’s assumed arrogance, “It’s not as simple as whether or not I thought you were guilty. I am leader of my Clan and I am responsible for not only keeping them safe, but satisfied as well. My word is above all of theirs, but I’m not as much of a dictator that I’d ignore their feelings of the situation we were presented with. Even if I had chosen not to act, I’m positive that a few of my warriors would have gone behind my back and marched right into ThunderClan and demanded answers in their own way, and I wouldn’t have tolerated that but it surely would have made RiverClan, and myself, look sloppy and irresponsible. I’ll die nine times over before I allow RiverClan to be outcast by the other Clans.” 

Wisteriastar sighed, dropping her orange eyes to gaze out at the river, quietly watching the water she loved so much wave to and fro before her. “When you are chosen to lead a Clan, you need to think about what is best for that Clan, with the understanding of the balance of all five Clans in the back of your mind. Whether or not you agree with our traditions isn’t relevant. This is the way things are and that can’t be uprooted over night. I’m not telling you that you have to conform to our believes to be who you are, but you do need to accept the warrior code and how ThunderClan functions with the rest of us or the other three Clans will never accept you as deputy, never mind if your time as leader ever comes. To ignore the warrior code and to tell us that our way of life is senseless, as you come into a gathering with an attitude so haughty– it feels like an intrusion. Surely you can understand the viewpoint of other warriors and why they think the worst of you, when your ego is so big that you can’t see the whole picture right under your nose.”

Tyler
    Participant

The fact of the matter was that Kass felt rather unaffected by the battle, and if anything Antlercreek’s death had nothing but helped her rhetoric as a leader of her own right in camp. She raised a kitty-brow in response to the leader, “And yet walking into our camp and accusing another clan’s deputy of crimes they did not commit is going to.. help your reputation? With who? Your clan holds a political vendetta against me. Even with your presence it did very little to not start a fight. Had they invaded without your permission we probably would have just taken them prisoner for a sunrise or two then returned them. I have no need for extra mouths to feed, even in the height of NewLeaf.” The dilute calico shrugged, although in the back of her mind she probably wouldn’t have minded roughing Sootstain up a little. She wouldn’t have killed him, not over something so stupid, and definitely not without orders to.

Kass watched as Wisteriastar attempted to insult her without the decency to even look at who she was speaking to. “That’s the difference between ThunderClan and Riverclan then. Hollystar and I operate and command side by side. I allow my warriors to believe what they want, love who they want, do what they want- for the most part. As long as they respect what I say and follow my very few orders, they can live how they choose to. What Hollystar and I have is a partnership.” Where Hollystar’s confidence waned, Kass’s came in full force to pick up the pieces. The co-existed. “Our clan is balanced, even the elders are starting to warm up to me,” she shrugged lightly.

Balance. Clans. Kass’s mind flipped topics quickly, as if the thought had just dawned on her. “Maybe that’s the problem with the clan’s balance anyway,” she continued, ignoring Wisteriastar’s attempt to sling words at her pelt. She didn’t have any embarrassment in her body to find mean words offensive. “Five clans don’t make a balance. They make a pyramid. Someone’s always going to be at the top. Someone is always going to be controlling the others. That’s actually something that’s worth talking about.”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory border side chats [Kass/Wisteriastar]