bask in the glory of all our problems [Feared + Half]

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory Tunnel System bask in the glory of all our problems [Feared + Half]

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

ME

Halfblaze didn’t flush with embarrassment as he usually did when a cat commended him for being a good fighter, instead he was already belly deep in his own thoughts. The only reason it worked with me is because I had a motivator. At least, that’s what Half thought. His motivator had been his ruthless, fierce fire that had run rampant as he was an apprentice, a fire that refused to be ignored. It was that need and that hunger to be the best and to push himself that had brought Halfblaze where he was today. Nowadays, Half was a lot more introverted and a lot quieter, he was like that as an apprentice but now the fire in Halfblaze had settled to a soothing flame. As an apprentice he had been fighting off bullies, struggling with his parents’ legacy, and dealing with training (during the day, at least) on his own.
    “Of course… She is a good huntress, though, so perhaps I can figure out a way to incorporate her existing skills?” He hummed to himself, eyes narrowing in thoughtfullness. Glancing at Fearedjackal, the younger tom was all seriousness when he mewed, “And what will you do if you find out her loyalty is in question?” Halfblaze didn’t like to think that any Shadowclanner would want to leave the warm shadows of home, but he had to ask. Or maybe… Was he asking himself? No, no, I’m over that stupid fixation of Riverclan…
    “If you need help scaring her, I don’t mind helping,” Halfblaze offered, the stoniness in his expression cracking away as he smiled.

feared

FearedJackal ~ ShadowClan Warrior

He noticed that his friend hesitated and his expression seemed.. as though he were thinking about something important. Although, what came out of his mouth next wasn’t exactly what he had expected, but he found that his big broad head was nodding up and down in agreement. “Yes, I would hate to hear that your apprentice went missing.” He muttered with a frown, looking thoughtful for a moment before his deep blue eyes flickered towards the pinched expression of Halfblaze as he spoke. Laughs were spilling from his inky lips, simply amused with what the young tomcat had to say. “Trauma wouldn’t be so bad to kick a cats rear end into action. It certainly worked with you, and you turned out to be a mighty fine fighter.” He pointed out, giving the younger Tom a pointed look before Halfblaze continued to speak.

Eyes rolling to the heavens before he gave a soft sigh. “Alright, I won’t traumatize the wee thing. But you will need to push her, she is already eight Moons old and the tension between the clans is growing. If there is a fight to break out, she’ll need to be prepared.” He warned his friend, all teasing and smiles were gone as he became serious, be what his own personal problems may be, he was still having to fight and defend his clan to his leaders wishes. Pupils narrowing suddenly when Halfblaze questioned about his current apprentice, Asterpaw. “She’s doing quite well actually, I don’t really have any issues with her. She’s a fast learner, although she does like to disappear a lot.” He muttered thoughtful, his dark eyes gleaming with sudden mischief. “Perhaps one of these days I’ll track her down and see what she is really up to, Perhaps give her a scare.” He thought to himself outloud, black nose twitching slightly before he cleared his throat.

ME

Halfblaze hesitated, wanting to mention the Thunderclan scent he’d found but shaking it off. It was probably just a passing cat and the scent carried… The feline thought to himself, brushing off his concern.
    “Especially with all the disappearances,” the tortoiseshell agreed, voice firm and expression pinched.
    “Oh, no no no. You would give her trauma,” Halfblaze said dryly, rolling his eyes. “I could fight her, but I think I want her to try to spar with fellow apprentices before sparring with me.”
    Half smiled faintly, recalling the first time Fearedjackal had noticed Halfblaze, Halfpaw at the time, training alone. The tom had started to challenge him more often after that, and before Halfpaw had any time to realize what happened, he was training with Fearedjackal almost every night, seeing as his own mentor would disappear so often.
    “Once again, I’d like to not traumatize the poor molly,” he said solemnly before a snicker slipped past his lips, “So, how’s Asterpaw?”

feared

He blinked for a moment when Halfblaze mentioned that Cloudedpaw’s scent had been fresh where her sister had died about last sunrise, letting his chin tilt ever so slightly in concern. “She was all by herself?” He questioned in surprise, dark blue eyes flickering curiously. Paper-thin ears twitching slightly as he looked towards the forest, eyebrows pulling together as he considered what was going on Cloudedpaw. “Perhaps she went out there to think.. without all of the clan around her. But I would keep an eye on her, she’s still a young apprentice and I would hate for anything to happen to her.” He muttered softly, nostrils flaring as he breathed out a sigh. “A group training might help to bring her thoughts back into focus, maybe even fight her yourself. Or I could fight her.” He meowed, dark eyes twinkling with mischief.

Pupils narrowing as he was brought back into the memory of when he used to challenge Halfblaze when he was just an apprentice. The poor younger Tom hadn’t known what had hit him when FearedJackal had pummeled Halfblaze’s behind, forcing him to focus and practice in later lessons. Tail tip twitching, “I could possibly give her a reason to focus.” He suggested with a wicked grin, his teachings weren’t always the most gentle but they did hit the mark.

ME

“Well, I don’t have to deal with it so I guess I can’t understand,” Halfblaze shrugged, though really…. He wouldn’t mind a mother like that. In a way, Blackleopard could be a mother to him, but the tom always shied away from having any parental figures. He didn’t know why, exactly, but the tortie tom just… Well, Half wasn’t sure, but he knew that even as a kit there had been cats there willing to care for and adopt him. But he’d always fought back and avoided ever letting himself look up to a cat the way a kit looks up to their doting father or loving mother, it just always left him uneasy and sick at his stomach.
    “Not a terrible way to die,” the younger tom soothed, feigning seriousness. “Your death wouldn’t be so amusing, but I’m certain it would be a story to tell through the ages,” Halfblaze continued, face stoic though his eyes glittered with mirth.
    “Great, shall I tell Blackleopard to tone down the Mama Bird waves that radiate off of her whenever you’re near by?” He joked, because it was true, wasn’t it? After Jaykit’s death, which Halfblaze had only heard about from others, Blackleopard had become especially vigilant about… Protecting her son and being overbearingthere.
    Half just shrugged when Feared defensively said he didn’t rant often. Turning around so that he was facing Fearedjackal whilst walking backwards, the tom responded to Fearedjackal’s advice, “Yeah, I thought it was, too. I freaked out a bit, about a sunrise ago… She went out of camp without permission but I found her scent near where Blazemoon died so I let it slide. And you’re right, organizing a sparring day would do her good.”
    Turning back around, his steps slowing as he seemed to be dragging his paws, the tom’s mind had begun to drift back to Fearedjackal and his mate. Will I ever find a mate? Halfblaze wondered distantly, paws pushing himself forward at a rate that would allow snails to beat him in a race.

feared

He groaned outloud as Halfblaze dropped his pace to where they were now standing side to side, looking down at his friend and former apprentice before he found his dark blue eyes rolling. “My mother is overbearing, even now that we are both warriors.” He smirked towards the smaller tom, shaking his head slightly in amusement. FearedJackal hadn’t been the only kit in his litter, Jaykit, who had died upon delivery had given BlackLeopard a good scare with her only surviving kit. Which she feared for his live, and apparently she figured that would be a good name for him. Ever since she has been very protective over her son, no matter how strong or how big he was, she still treated him as though he were a kit. Shaking his head slightly while the tip of his tail twitched, “You May find it amusing but I swear she will be the death of me.” He chuckled, the deep and vibrating his chest before he released a sigh and listened to Halfblaze chastise him over Silverscreech.
    He sighed softly and looked away from the other Tom, although he did find himself chuckling from the way Halfblaze worded things. “If only it were that simple.” He sighed, looking back towards his friend to catch the tomcat giving him a look before he shook his big head, a paw catching his ear as it was playfully swatted at. This side of Halfblaze was refreshing, he was usually a quiet and reserved cat, although it seemed around FearedJackal that he opened up. Hopefully he would do the same with his own apprentice, Cloudedpaw. “Maybe I will speak to her.” He muttered in a forced grouchy tone, an eyebrow arching slightly when Halfblaze snorted and simply meowed that he would add the rant to a list! “Pff, what list? I don’t rant that often.” He frowned, eyebrows furrowing as he followed Halfblaze.
    The fascination that Halfblaze had with rocks, feathers and twigs never ceased to amaze FearedJackal, slowly shaking his head in amusement as he watched Halfblaze inspect a nearby tunnel, which the roof seemed to have caved in just a bit but nothing to be worried about. He blinked when Halfblaze suddenly turned to him, back to business. Fighting was one of Fearedjackals specialities. “Hmmm..” he mumbled, his expression thoughtful as he thought of the small pale spotted apprentice. “Her focus probably isn’t there because of the recent death of her sister.. but I would gather with the other mentors and have a sparring day. Cloudedpaw will have her tail handed to her if she doesn’t focus, but it could give you the chance to see where she is lacking.” He offered his friend, chin tilting curiously.

ME

“Oh, don’t get mad at your mother,” Halfblaze chastised good-naturedly, a smile quirking his lips. “She just wanted to tell me, is all, and I was curious to know.”
    Dropping back so that his shoulder was beside Fearedjackal’s shoulder (sort of, Feared was still taller than Halfblaze). “Your mom’s amusing, I love that she cares, too.” Half added quietly, ears flicking down for a moment. Halfblaze had only been recently weaned, roughly three moons when his mother and father left. He could barely remember his parents… Blackleopard, in a way, became someone the tortie could trust and confine his deepest darkest secrets and insecurities. Both Fearedjackal and his mother radiated strength and, Halfblaze being the typically reserved tom he was, was drawn to them because of this.
    “Well, I’m not Silverscreech, obviously,” the tom rolled his icy blue eyes, “but it’s my opinion that maybe you should talk to her? She’s your mate and surely you two can work it out? Or I could just remind you of the great gift of being mates and how heartbreaking it would be if you didn’t get your individual shit together and make up and be the disgustingly sweet couple you two are.” Halfblaze teased, grinning from ear to ear as he swatted Fearedjackal’s ear playfully with a paw. The multi-colored tom wasn’t always this friendly in public, but when it was the privacy of close friends he felt comfortable enough to let his usual distance slide.
    “Blackleopard loves sticking her nose in other’s business, but she also does it because she cares,” Halfblaze insisted, thinking of the kind (albeit fierce) molly.
    Snickering at his apology, the young warrior gave the taller tom a soft smile, “Please, I’ve heard so many rants from you that I can just add this to the list.”
    With that being said, the tom slipped into silence. He paused long enough to see a small bit of stone from the tunnel’s roof had fallen, not big enough to be of any concern. Still, Halfblaze’s curiosity caused him to stop and study the small chunk of rock. He noted that it was streaked with white, and he could easily imagine his small collection of stones, feathers, and twigs back at his nest. Shaking himself, Halfblaze huffed quietly and returned to Fearedjackal’s side.
    “Cloudedpaw’s still not great with fighting, any tips?” Half inquired, eyes flickering up to his former mentor.

feared

Dark blue eyes were silently glaring at the ground as the two Toms walked, chewing on the inside of his cheek as he glared at blades of grass, small pine cones that had fallen from the tall pines from rowdy squirrels, even to glaring at his own toes. Since he found out that Silverscreech’s mother was Shimmeringshadow.. he felt that the she-cat had used him in order to find her way into the clan, staying to find more information on her heritage and not to be with him as she had previously stated. Another soft sigh left his flared black nostrils, long black claws slipping from the sheathes as they dug into the soft and moist ground beneath his paw pads. Halfblaze had been his former apprentice, but he found the cat to be one of the only other cats he could talk to. Halfblaze had a different take on the world, and honestly.. he liked to think he nourished those believes to a certain point.

Pointed paper-thin ligaments lifted slightly from the sound of Halfblaze’s voice filling the silence, eyes slowly lifting from the ground as he looked into the icy blue hues that stared back at him, although he soon found himself scowling. “I wish that molly would keep to herself.” He muttered about his mother, dark blue eyes rolling while his long tail lashed in the air. Upon hearing the question that left Halfblaze’s lips, the dark fur along his spine started to slowly stand upright. “Fine, I suppose.” He grunted, looking back towards the ground for a moment as he purposively was pushing his paws harder into the ground to make perfect large paw prints. He was quiet for a moment, following Halfblaze quietly as he brooded, before his inky lips parted. “I mean.. it’s not like I helped her get into the clan. Or confessed my feelings like a fool.” He grumbled, eyes narrowed with irritation, tail lashing behind him. “She seriously used me, and then gained feelings for me after the fact.” He rumbled, of course that was speculation from what he thought.

Deep voice rumbling within his chest as he vented. “Then I find out that my mother was the one who told her… about her heritage. BlackLeopard doesn’t know that I know it was her, but she is always sticking her nose where it doesn’t belong. I know it was her.” He muttered, upper lip curling over his pearly whites for a moment before he had to duck in order for his broad head to miss a low hanging branch. Slowly he took in a deep breath, glancing towards Halfblaze. “I’m sorry Halfblaze. I didn’t mean to go off on a ramble there.” He sighed, head hanging once more as he stared at the ground, meaninglessly following his friend.

ME

The tortie tom padded forward, deeper into the long winding tunnel before turning into a different tunnel. The young warrior of twenty-two moons was slowly making his way towards Tall Pines, but wouldn’t be there for a while. Behind him, the warrior had brought along his friend, a tall tom with broad shoulders and black fur.
    “So, I was talking to your mother the other day,” Halfblaze said, breaking the silence between him and his former mentor. Arctic blue eyes flickering behind him to meet Fearedjackal’s dark blue orbs, the tortoiseshell tilted his head, “How’s your mate?”
    Any other cat might’ve thought Halfblaze was trying to goad the other tom, but those who knew Halfblaze and Fearedjackal better would know that the moggie spoke out of honest concern for the older tom.
    Feared
    Participant

He hesitates slightly, coming to a stop as his dark blue eyes studied Halfblaze for a moment when he asked for advice about what if Cloudedpaw’s loyalty was in question.  Head cocking to the side while he sucked on his teeth, thinking of an answer although he already knew what he would do if he found there was a traitor amongst them. “Do you know if her loyalty is in question?” FearedJackal questioned, eyes narrowing in on his former apprentice. Ear twitching slightly for a moment before he slowly meowed. “I would more than likely keep a very close eye on her to make sure she.. isn’t running off to places she shouldn’t be. Then if I caught her in the act I would confront her about it, try to resolve it before Tawnypainter or HornetStar found out.” He finally decided, FearedJackal was more so of a rough and aggressive cat, but he knew that was exactly Halfblaze’s style. 

Watching the tomcat for a moment more, he finally cleared his throat, although now that the idea had been spoken out loud he couldn’t get it out of his mind that Cloudedpaw could possibly be thinking of running off. But with who? He wondered silently, eyes roaming the grounds of ShadowClan as he peered thoughtlessly towards the tunnels that specked the undergrowth, each one hidden but he knew their placements. A grunt left his flared black nostrils as he glanced towards Halfblaze as he spoke about scaring Asterpaw. “I might just take you up on that offer.” He sighed softly, turning away from the tunnel and moving towards a small stone near the base of a tree, scoring his unsheathed claws against the rough stone. “So.. enough about me. How have you been doing Halfblaze?” He questioned nonchalantly, since he had become mates with Silverscreech, he hadn’t been spending as much time with his friend as he used to. 

Anonymous

HALFBLAZE

Halfblaze shifted, uncomfortable as he flipped Fearedjackal’s words in his mind and studied the question from all angles. “I mean, no… But, if it was I would need to confront her, wouldn’t I?” This was more of his own mutterings to himself than a response, as the tom’s steps had slowed and he was now walking just a little ways behind Feared.

“Right, right, good advice,” the tom agreed, nodding vigorously as he seemed to return to reality. Quickening his slow walk to a trot, the younger warrior took the lead and began guiding the other to a tunnel branching off towards Shadowclan Territory.

“Oh, uhm. Lonely,” Halfblaze shot Fearedjackal a sad, pitiful look which might’ve looked more believable if it hadn’t been so exaggerated.

“I mean, truly, it’s heartbreaking how lonely I’ve been,” the tortie continued, mouth pulling into an amused smirk.

“But, uhm. Yeah, I’ve been alright… Kinda jealous of you and Silverscreech, I mean, I thought you and I would be single together,” the warrior sighed, shrugging his shoulders and turning to face the tunnel that stretched out for what seemed an infinite amount of time. “Guess it’s just me then.”

Feared
    Participant

Dark blue eyes moved to where he was gazing at Halfblaze, pupils narrowing faintly as he studied the other toms facial expression. “You know.. if you didn’t exaggerate everything, I would believe you.” He snickered the tease, noticing how drawn out the pout was and the mock frown that stared him down. Sharpening his claws for a moment more before his large paw landed on the ground, ears twitching from the sound of Halfblaze’s voice, lips twitching as he fought the urge to frown from the words that were being used. “I haven’t deserted you Halfblaze, it took me to find a mate outside of the clan. You won’t be alone forever.” He grunted softly, finally turning as his black talons slipped back within the sheathes on his paws. 

“Anyhow.. what grand adventure awaits?” He questioned, broad shoulder lightly bumping into the slimmer shoulder of the other tomcat. It was no mystery as to why Halfblaze had a slimmer build, higher hips and graceful cheekbones, but FearedJackal also knew Halfblaze personally and knew the reasoning behind it all. “Better not be the pond with the frogs.” He grumbled under his breath as he peered into the same tunnel that Halfblaze was peering into. “I hate frogs.” He muttered, nose scrunching up in slight disgust. 

Anonymous

HALFBLAZE

Outside of the clan, huh. Halfblaze resisted the urge to cringe as his mind drifted to Riverclan. He’d seen a tom across the border once, a handsome tom with sparkling blue eyes that had intrigued Halfblaze enough to make him pause while hunting. Internally shaking himself, the tom forced out a laugh and hoped it didn’t seem to harsh. “Doubtful, but your words are appreciated.”

Grinning up at Fearedjackal, the tom’s eyes sparkled with mischief, “Wow, my plans spoiled again.” Clicking his tongue like a mother hen, Half playfully swatted the tom’s shoulder with his tail.

“As a matter of fact, I was heading to the swamp. But I was more interested in just walking around, maybe hunting.” Slowly, the pair had begun to approach the end of the tunnel and the familiar smells of outside had begun to reach them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory Tunnel System bask in the glory of all our problems [Feared + Half]