Adventure Time (Clouded and Hare)

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory Tunnel System Adventure Time (Clouded and Hare)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant
    Cloudedpaw ~ ShadowClan Apprentice

A soft breeze was filtering its way through the thick and thin branches of the towering pine trees in the area, barely ruffling the fur of the young she-cat as she slipped from the clearing of the camp with a friend in tow. Chin tilting as her pale green eyes flickered towards the other apprentice that she technically stole from the medicine cat den. Harepaw needed to get out of camp, and Cloudedpaw thought that perhaps a walk through the tunnels Could be fun. “Has SaplingSkies taken you to the tunnels yet?” The young molly questioned as she looked over towards the other cat, a small smile rising along her lips for a moment. Using her small paws she gently pushed a branch that had fallen onto the trail off to the side, long tail swaying to and fro behind of her. “Figured we could go there because the tunnels are a bit.. weird.” She decided to say, but a smile was still on her face as she glanced towards Harepaw.

Honestly, Cloudedpaw didn’t know much about her brothers apprentice and she was so close to her age, that Cloudedpaw figured Harepaw could use a friend. She didn’t know much about herbs, but she did know SaplingSkies, so if Harepaw ever wanted to vent, she was welcome to. Smiling she swayed slightly in her stepping to gently bump shoulders with Harepaw. “So, hows your apprenticeship going?” Cloudedpaw questioned in a soft voice.
    —–

Harepaw followed swiftly after the other apprentice, her body wobbling slightly as she scurried after Cloudedpaw. Harepaw admittedly had been a little antsy lately, she was ready to get out of camp and do things to keep her mind off of all that had happened and her and Saplingskies’ hunting lesson hadn’t done anything to change that. Still, she was more than a little nervous to be doing something with someone she hadn’t met before. She could only hope that she wouldn’t annoy the apprentice or scare her off. Truth be told, Harepaw had been feeling a disconnect from the other apprentices. Her brothers, Badgerpaw and Raccoonpaw, were her only real connections to the world of apprentices and although they tried, it didn’t help much. She was happy with her life as a medicine cat apprentice, but sometimes she missed sleeping in the same den as her brothers, and she felt the disconnect when they shared stories of their training. They were so excited to become warriors, and Harepaw was on such a different path.

Getting to know Cloudedpaw couldn’t hurt, she figured, although she needed to tread carefully so as not to offend her, not only to be kind but also so Harepaw’s growing relationship with Saplingskies wasn’t harmed. The medicine cat apprentice suddenly paused, glancing back towards camp. Hopefully her mentor didn’t need her for anything, the last thing she needed was to be absent when the clan needed her.

Harepaw pressed these anxious thoughts to the back of her mind and refocused upon Cloudedpaw, her dual-colured gaze watching her as she padded quickly to walk side-by-side with the she-cat. “Oh- uh- No, he hasn’t. Not yet. He might soon, but, uh-” What an awful first impression. Harepaw’s fur ruffled slightly anxiously and she cleared her throat, offering a nervous smile. “Sounds like… fun.” As Cloudedpaw bumped shoulders with Harepaw, she jumped slightly, her ears immediately going back in embarrassment and a nervous laugh bubbling from her throat. “We- Well,” she began, forcing herself to stop and take a deep breath, “It’s good! I love learning about all the different herbs and medicines, and- and then I get to see them when I’m out and it’s just really cool being able to recognize them.” Realizing she’d talked quite a bit there, she offered a smile to Cloudedpaw, “How is yours going? It must be really cool learning to fight and-.. stuff.”

—–
    A small smile was creeping along her rosebud colored lips as she noticed how nervous and how jumpy the younger she-cat was, letting her chin tilt as she meowed. “Don’t worry.. anything that happens or anything I hear.. is just between us. Don’t think of me as SaplingSkies sister.. think of me as a potential friend.” Cloudedpaw smiled, watching Harepaw curiously before she had to look ahead of her, placing her paws down carefully on the dirt path as her eyes wandered around the trees as she spotted a few trees with claw marks embedded into the bark. Although she was looking around the base of the tree, making sure that the tree was free of growth, something she had learned from her father. “Come on, this way!” She urged, bounding towards the tree line.
    Paper-thin wars twitched slightly as she listened to the other she-cat speak about how much she liked learning from SaplingSkies and being able to retain the information she was given. The corner of her lips were still turned upright as she continued to smile, it was surely relieving to hear the smaller she-cat speak so passionately about her apprenticeship. She blinked in surprise before her pale green eyes flickered towards the multi-patched molly, pressing her lips into a thin line before she gave a small shrug. “Honestly my training has slowed a little, my mentor had to retire to the elders den because of an injury. So I’ve been going to train with other mentors and their apprentices.” She admitted, her ears twisting on top of her cranium to point towards her back. “But I do like fighting.. I’m rather horrible at hunting.” She giggled softly, long tail swaying behind of her.
    Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Harepaw nodded in understanding at the other feline, offering a smile. A potential friend. That would be nice. It was also nice to be assured that anything said would be between just them two. Although Harepaw loved Saplingskies – and she did, he was like the father she’d never had – things lately had made him on edge, and the last thing she wanted was to make things worse for him. As Cloudedpaw bounded off, Harepaw followed close behind, making sure to be careful where she put her paws. Her balance was sketchy enough from her stump tail – hitting a root would be disastrous in front of her new friend.

Hearing about Cloudedpaw’s mentor, she frowned, glancing over to her. “I’m sorry to hear about that. At least you’re still getting training though,” Harepaw pointed out cheerily, offering another smile. As she found herself becoming more comfortable with the other she-cat, she noticed her stammer receding slightly, not fueled by her stress anymore. In fact, Harepaw found herself laughing along with Cloudedpaw. “I’m awful at hunting too! You should have seen me the other day with Saplingskies… He was teaching me how to hunt, and-” She shook her head, giggling. “Though, I can’t say I’d be much of a fighter either. StarClan’s given me my fate and I’ll stick with that,” she said softly, taking a moment to glance up at the sky.

Feared
    Participant

She noticed rather swiftly how Harepaw started to get more comfortable with her, knowing that her mentors sister wouldn’t tattle tail on her. She mentally rolled her pale green eyes at the thought of it, she could loved her older brother but perhaps he didn’t need to know everything. Pale lily pad green eyes flickered over towards the multicolored she-cat as she caught up with her, a small smile rising along her pale lips when Harepaw spoke, a soft giggle escaping the confinement of her lips. “Oh gosh.. hunting is hard isn’t it?” She questioned her new friend, ear flicking with her distain of hunting. “My sister, BlazeMoon used to be an amazing huntress. The prey practically jumped in her paws! Heck, Snappingpaw is ten times a better hunter than me.” Cloudedpaw mused, even though mentioned Blazemoon’s name still sent a pang to her heart.. she was slowly healing, both mentally and physically. 

“Oh?” She questioned, eyes brightening slightly. “Have you ever fought? Or we’ll play fought?” Ears pointed to the side as she continued to walk along the well trotted upon path that weaves through the undergrowth and around the very tall pine trees. “I’m not the best at fighting yet, but I don’t do too bad.” She quipped, long tail swaying too and fro behind of her. The sun was lightly dappling her pelt as she walked through a sunny patch, sleek pale golden brown and grey spotted pelt highlighted for a brief moment. “I could use a new sparring partner.” She suggested and looked towards Harepaw as she gave a playful wiggle of her kitty brows. 

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

At the other she-cat’s voice, Harepaw glanced back over to her, her whiskers twitching in amusement. However, at the mention of Blazemoon, the apprentice’s expression grew more sympathetic. Harepaw sometimes wondered how to help grieving cats. She hadn’t been sure how to help Saplingskies, and she wasn’t sure now how to help Cloudedpaw. She knew she’d have to learn how to help others with their grief if she would ever be a good medicine cat, but for StarClan’s sake, Harepaw wasn’t even sure how to manage her own emotions. “I was sorry to hear about Blazemoon,” she said softly, though allowed the conversation to move on.

At Cloudedpaw’s question, Harepaw’s eyes widened, and she shook her head. “Oh, stars, no. I’ve got two brothers and they’re both bigger than me. That wouldn’t have ever gone well,” she smiled, giggling. “I’ve never fought with anyone, though I’d guess that Saplingskies will probably teach me something soon.” And then, at her suggestion, Harepaw’s paws stopped moving for a moment as she registered what her friend had said. Then, as she realized she was likely joking, the spotted cat gave a short, awkward laugh, trotting to be side-by-side with Cloudedpaw once more. “I wouldn’t be much of an opponent,” she admitted bashfully, smiling, “I’d give up the same amount of fight as a mouse. Or maybe a bird.” She grinned slightly, her stumped tail wagging in amusement.

Feared
    Participant

She didn’t miss the softened look that Harepaw threw her way when Blazemoon was mentioned, but it was alright.. Cloudedpaw was slowly moving on from the death of her Littermate, although it was still hard. Clearing her throat to get rid of the awkward clump that was tickling the back of her throat, she side glanced over at Harepaw once more when she mentioned that her brothers were both bigger than she was. “Thymepaw and Snappingpaw are both bigger than me too, but I also remind them why a small molly like me in dangerous.” She grinned widely, she was skilled with fighting techniques that she was learning, but her hunting was a tragic loss. Honestly, Cloudedpaw was growing fast, she was small now, but she was getting taller and taller by the Moons. She wouldn’t be a female loaded down with muscle but she would be fairly tall. 

Ears twitching when she noticed that only her paws were making sounds against the Forest floor, chin turning as she spotted the small calico feline eyeing her warily before a nervous laugh erupted from Harepaw. Lifting a kitty brow, Cloudedpaw shook her head. “Ah, no. SaplingSkies is a great medicine cat but he is a terrible fighter. I’m smaller than him and I could beat his tail to a pulp.” She meowed, a soft laugh soon following as she walked with her new friend, the tunnels getting closer and closer. “Actually.. if you ever need someone to spar with or give you some tips I could help you out. I’m fairly good.” She told Harepaw, feeling confident in herself for a change before her pale green eyes lit up with excitement. “Oh! There’s a tunnel! Come on.” Cloudedpaw squealed, her spotted pale golden brown and grey pelt standing on edge from her sudden excitement. Paws digging into the soft ground as she propelled forwards, her claws extended to give her a better grip within the soft soil. Taking in a deep breath she stood beside the entrance of the tunnel, her mentor Halfblaze, had taught her to always scent the tunnel before entering. There were other creatures that used the tunnels than just the cats. 

Nostrils flared, her eyes narrowed to peered into the dark shadows casted within the tunnel, paws itching to just walk forward. “Okay.. so this tunnel smells like the stream.. want to go to the stream?” She questioned as she looked over her shoulder towards Harepaw. The smaller cat wasn’t too far behind her and really Cloudedpaw was worried that Harepaw would back out.. she seemed sort of cautious. Where was the fun in that? “Actually.. come on. It’ll be fun.” She smiled softly, lowering her head so she didn’t brush her ears against the tunnels entrance, she slipped down within the dark mouth of the tunnel with ease, stopping to wait on Harepaw before continuing to walk slowly down the tunnel. 

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

She nodded her head at her words. Harepaw could already see that the molly would grow to be tall. Unlike her, however, Harepaw was short and gangling. She’d always been small for her age, and although she suspected she would grow still before the end of her apprenticeship, she would always be smaller than the average cat. This didn’t really bother her though, it gave her certain benefits, especially now that she wasn’t going to become a warrior. As Cloudedpaw began to speak about Saplingskies, she nodded, noting this information. “Well, if you wouldn’t mind giving me a few pointers… It probably would, uh, be useful.” A pause. “I’m not very balanced, though…” Noticing the change of expression in Cloudedpaw’s face, Harepaw’s dual-coloured gaze snapped to where she was looking. Where Cloudedpaw’s pale pelt stood on end with excitement, Harepaw’s splotched fur rose with nerves.

Harepaw stood still where she was as Cloudedpaw bounded forward to inspect the tunnel. Cautiously, the apprentice took a couple steps forward, glancing around Cloudedpaw to get a clear view of the tunnel. A burst of panic sprouted in Harepaw’s chest as her friend disappeared into the dark tunnel, and she hesitated for only a moment longer before steeling her nerves and bounding into the tunnel after her. After entering the tunnel, she slowed, using her ears and whiskers to try and feel where the edges of the tunnel were, as she was unable to use her tail for this function.

“Cloudedpaw? You there?” She asked quietly, the soft echoing of her voice making Harepaw feel slightly uncomfortable.

Feared
    Participant

She looked over her shoulder when she heard the soft voice of Harepaw being echoed within the tunnel, a small smile coming to rest of her lips as her long tail gently grazed Harepaw’s shoulder blade, eyes having adjusted to the dark shadows. “I’m right here. Just a little further up and then we should see the end of the tunnel.” Cloudedpaw explained, chin tilting slightly for a moment as she looked back ahead of her, nose twitching with the scent of the dirt surrounding them. It was definitely an earthy smell, the roots of the pines trees above them helped the tunnels from collapsing around them, pupils wide as she was beginning to see her surroundings in a better vision. “I always like using the tunnels to travel during Green-leaf.. it’s so much cooler in here than outside.” She explained her reasoning, trying to keep a conversation going since her comrade was uncomfortable with the tunnels. 

Temperature within the tunnels was definitely cooler than being directly under the sun, pelt ruffled slightly as she pressed against the side of the tunnel to keep her going in a straight manner, she didn’t want to accidentally take a wrong turn. “The tunnels aren’t for everyone though.. we can always take the long way back home. Better scenery.” She joked with a soft laugh, keeping her pace slow as she walked with Harepaw. “So.. what are your brothers names?” She questioned, even though she was a bit older than Harepaw and her siblings, Cloudedpaw didn’t always pay as much attention to those around her as her family probably would have liked. 

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Cloudedpaw’s tail brushing against her shoulder seemed to help Harepaw relax slightly, knowing that she was right in front of her and not way ahead. Harepaw’s ears twitched as her companion spoke and she nodded her head in acceptance. She said nothing more until Cloudedpaw spoke again. “It is cooler in here,” she agreed, smiling slightly. That was one thing she could be thankful for within these tunnels. Although Harepaw’s fur wasn’t thick, there was a lot of it which made the green-leaf heat sometimes unbearable.

Harepaw giggled slightly at the mention that the tunnels weren’t for everyone. “Isn’t it funny, though? You, Cloudedpaw like the tunnels, and me, Harepaw doesn’t.” Although she doubted she would ever really enjoy the tunnels, she had to admit that it wasn’t as bad with Cloudedpaw. “My brothers?” She echoed, not in confusion, but in interest. Joy now shone through her voice as she spoke. “Badgerpaw and Raccoonpaw. They’re really nice to me.” There was a short pause before she spoke again. “I don’t know if you’ve ever seen it, but sometimes when I’m feeling lonely I like to sneak into the apprentice’s den and sleep with them. It’s weird being in the medicine cat den – it’s so big and.. empty.” Harepaw opened her mouth to speak before taking a few more moments to mull over how to word her question. “What about your.. brothers?” It was a fine line. She had learned not to mention Blazemoon to everyone – she had severely upset Tawnypainter by giving him her condolences, and from there she had learned not to mention it to Saplingskies. Upsetting anyone was the last thing she wanted – especially right now when she was having such a good time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory Tunnel System Adventure Time (Clouded and Hare)