Aching Wounds [Hareflight + Smokewisp]

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp ShadowClan Medicine Den Aching Wounds [Hareflight + Smokewisp]

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Lux.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lux
    Participant

Smokewisp – Shadowclan Deputy

Come on, where is it?” Smokewisp growled, sniffing around through the various herbs within the medicine den. She felt somewhat guilty, of course, as she looked around by herself. She hardly had any knowledge of herbs, and barely trusted herself to recognize her typical treatment given my the clan’s medicine cats. But, neither of Hareflight or Saplingskies were available. ‘If they catch me I’m going to be in trouble,‘ she thought bitterly. Saplingskies had a very harsh tongue and she’d received several scoldings from the brown tabby over the years. She’d rather avoid another, if possible.

Her leg, damaged and scarred from a vicious fox bite, often grew painful during the cooler months. Saplingskies had done his best, but there was little that could be done about the long-healed injury. They best the could do was treat the symptoms. The physical pain was difficult, but the mental wounds that accompanied the injury were worse. The fox, which had left her crippled for moons, had also slayed her father. Each stab of pain or dull each reminded her of his death, leaving her in a sour and bitter mood during the winter months.

Smokewisp sat back, huffing with annoyance. It was useless, she couldn’t tell what was what. But, she couldn’t stand to let her clanmates see her limp like and elder. “Mousedung,” she cursed softly, her paws warm with frustration. “Should probably get out of here before they find me…

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

~ Hareflight, ShadowClan Medicine Cat ~

A light, jingling laugh came from the calico feline as she stopped in the doorway of her den. Perhaps it wasn’t the smartest thing to laugh at the deputy – even if it wasn’t maliciously – because she knew that this season was harder for her. Still, she simply offered Smokewisp a soft smile, shifting into the den to place the cobwebs she had collected somewhere she could deal with them later.

Hareflight knew full well that Smokewisp had been looking for the things to cure her symptoms. It wasn’t the first time she had done this, though usually it was Saplingskies who found her digging around in their stores. Still, the calico never felt right making assumptions on what cats were here for, so she sat back on her haunches, tilting her head at the grey molly in front of her. “S-Smokewisp. What can I he-help you with today?” Her voice was quiet, but she spoke with a kindness that came from the experiences of her job. She made no comment about how she had found her, or the deputy’s comment she had overheard, she simply gazed at the other with her dual-coloured eyes, smiling patiently.

Lux
    Participant

Smokewisp let out a soft yelp as Hareflight’s laughter caught her off guard. She turned, her tail held tight against her side in embarrassment. “Oh, Hareflight!” She mewed, her ears heated slightly. Somehow, the calico she-cat always managed to sneak up on her at the worst times. Her quiet and gentle demeanor made her quite stealthy. She watched, curiosity prickling at her paws as the medicine cat tucked her cobwebs away. ‘Guess that’ll be the last ones before winter sets in,‘ she thought. The snow always seemed to make even the simplest of supplies scarce.

Uh, sorry about that,” she apologized quietly, flicking an ear towards the dark herbal stores. “I know better, but I didn’t want to bother you. You’ve probably already guessed it, but my leg is acting up again. The cold tends to agitate things.” She sat, grunting as she stretched out her scarred leg. It’d lightened with time, but the ropey scar was a bitter reminder of the fox and her father’s death. “I don’t want everyone to see me limping around like an elder, especially when there’s so much to be done,” she laughed with a bitter tone.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Hareflight watched the deputy, and unlike some, there was no pity in her eyes. Instead, there was respect – it took strength to deal with this, particularly when one was of such importance to the Clan. The calico molly simply offered a smile, her head tilting. “I-I understand completely.” She paused for a moment as she stood, humming in thought. “Jus- Just make sure not to overwork yourself, alright, Smokewisp? You know t-that Hornetstar, myself, Saplingskies, and the rest of our Clan are all here to help. That’s wh-what being apart of a Clan is all about.” As Hareflight spoke, she turned to her stores, her bi-coloured eyes scanning over the different herbs and medicines. Nodding to herself, she took a step to the side and gestured Smokewisp over with a flick of her ears.

One of her paws raised to point at one of the stores, and she hooked her claw into a leaf, pulling it out. “This i-is a dandelion leaf. It’s used as a painkiller.” She offered a smile, shrugging her shoulders. “We recently shifted it’s- it’s placement around so it can be tricky to spot sometimes, but it sh-should be here if you need it. You chew the leaf to a pulp then spit out any parts of the leaf that are sti- still solid. Y-You should usually only need one, but if the pain i-is bad, two should be okay.” Setting it down in front of Smokewisp’s paws, she gestured to another store. “This is ragwort. If the joints th-themselves are what’s hurting, these leaves will- will help. Chew them in the same way as dandelion leaves.” 

Hareflight turned to look at Smokewisp, smiling. “That way – a-as long as you’re careful – you can treat yourself even when Saplingskies and I are b-busy. And if you ever forget where to find them, or what you need… You can ask. I-It’s important to know what your treatment i-is, particularly if it works.. That’s what- what I think anyways.” Somewhat bashfully, she smiled, shrugging her shoulders.

Lux
    Participant

Smokewisp padded over, standing close beside Hareflight. She blinked a few times, surprised as to her concern. Others rarely addressed her long hours or sleepless nights of work. Her tongue stuck to the roof of her mouth, feeling bashful as the medicine cat began retrieving herbs and instructing her.

Thank you, Hareflight,” she mewed. She gingerly picked up the dandelion leaf between her teeth, tearing it in half. She chewed it for a while, wrinkling her nose at the distinctive flavor. Within a few moments the ache began to dull. She spat out the rest, wadding it up for disposal. “You’re right, especially since I’m certain to be needing more.” She shook her head, chuckling lightly. “I feel a bit like a kit complaining about this, but it tastes awful. Sometimes I wish I’d lose the rest of the leg and avoid the pain.” She looked up at the calico she-cat, a mischievous twinkle in her eye. “One less leg means one less thing for the enemy to bite, right?” She snorted, suppressing her own laughter at her weird sense of humor. “I suppose I bet get going though, much left to be done as always. Thank you again, Hareflight.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp ShadowClan Medicine Den Aching Wounds [Hareflight + Smokewisp]