A Temporary Change (Wolf&Thistle)

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp WindClan Leader’s Den A Temporary Change (Wolf&Thistle)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar had slept better than he had yesterday when Toxicshard and Palebriar brought him back to camp on their backs. Nightmares had taken over his dreams while he slept, so Nettlenose had provided him poppy seeds to fall into a dreamless sleep, and it thankfully worked. Now, he sat up in his nest after a long grooming session to get the rest of the leaves and twigs out of his pelt. Goldenrose had been sent on another patrol, so Wolfstar was left alone in his den to rest. However, he had an apprentice to worry about who had yet to go on his first training.

The WindClan leader sent one of his warriors to fetch Thistlepaw for him, so he waited for his young apprentice to step between the den’s walls and enter. Wolfstar didn’t enjoy giving Thistlepaw a long punishment, but it was necessary to help change his attitude. He prayed to StarClan Thistlepaw learned his lesson, and he wasn’t doing the wrong thing by letting someone else mentor him until Wolfstar felt better. 

Rasping his tongue on his white front paws, Wolfstar kept his ears perked forward towards the entrance, waiting for the sound of Thistlepaw’s tiny pawsteps padding on the floor. (Sorry, it’s not the longest post but he’s not doing much xD )

Manna Moth
    Participant

Thistlepaw had just finished disturbing fresh kill to the elders when a warrior padded up to him saying Wolfstar requested him in his den. His curiosity sparked and he gave the warrior a nod, heading towards the leader’s den. He called a small hello before stepping inside, giving his eyes a chance to adjust to the dimness of the den.

He made out Wolfstar’s grey and white fur as he sat in his nest watching him. Thankfully he looked better than before and seemed to be recovering well. Rumors had been swirling around the camp that he had lost 2 lives and the thought made Thistlepaw shudder. Pushing those thoughts away he sat and gave his mentor a respectful dip of his head.

“You wanted to see me Wolfstar?” He asked tentatively. It’d only been a short time of caring for the elders, there was no way he’d messed up yet.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar looked up at the sound of Thistlepaw’s voice, watching the young tom pad closer and closer to his nest. “Yes,” he answered him. “I wanted to speak with you about something. Come closer, I don’t bite.” His whiskers twitched and he waited for his apprentice to get closer before continuing. 

Wolfstar was grateful Thistlepaw had a much better attitude than Startledpaw. He was still waiting for the medicine cat apprentice to apologize to him for being disrespectful, but now he had a feeling it would never happen. Wolfstar smiled at Thistlepaw. “I think your punishment has lasted long enough, don’t you? I know taking care of the elders den is fun and all, but it’s high to me you started training to be a warrior.” 

Wolfstar felt a little disgruntled knowing he wasn’t going to be the one to show Thistlepaw the territories. However, he didn’t want the young tom to fall behind too much and knew this was the right thing to do.

Manna Moth
    Participant

His eyes widened with surprise and his tail shot up in delight. “That’s great! When we will be starting?” He asked excitedly. “I know the best spots to get bedding, the way to the stream, and the dirtplace of course but I’ve never explored the territory!” He chattered on. He realized his mentor was looking at him amused but with a small hint of disappointment.

Thistlepaw was suddenly aware of a few poppy seeds scattered around and his mentor’s messy nest. Has Wolfstar even been able to leave his nest yet? Now that he thought about it, the Windclan leader couldn’t have recovered in such a short amount of time. He didn’t even remember seeing him pick out fresh kill from the pile this morning.

“Are you sure you’re feeling well enough to train me? I don’t mind waiting a few more days.” He said, trying to mask his disappointment.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar smiled, happy to see Thistlepaws excitement and readiness. It saddened him knowing he wasn’t going to be the one training him till he was able to stand without his knees shaking. The WindClan leader shook his head in response to his apprentice’s next question. “I won’t be the one starting your training, Thistlepaw. My body needs to recover first. Tinyflame is training Robinpaw but has agreed to training you as well.” Wolfstar flicker his tail and waited for Thistlepaw’s response before continuing.

You’ve started quite a bit of trouble since you received a paw at the end of your name. I hope you have learned your lesson and won’t disappoint me. My body might be weak, but my mind is very much awake. Do you understand?” Wolfstar prayed to StarClan Thistlepaw understood and would be good towards Tinyflame. He had made the warrior promise to bring Thistlepaw into his den any time he acted up, and Wolfstar would not be lighthearted in giving away punishments again. And next time, the punishment would last a lot longer than seven sunrises. 

Manna Moth
    Participant

“Oh?” Thistlepaw hadn’t been particularly close to Tinyflame but was excited nonetheless. “I won’t let you down Wolfstar” he promised solemnly. I’m finally starting my training to be a warrior! A Windclan warrior! He couldn’t help his tail from flicking in excitement.

“Should I go introduce myself to Tinyflame? Are we starting training today?” The questions tumbled out one after the other. “Wait, who will take care of the elders then?” He was going to miss spending time with them, as grumpy as some were. At the end of the day they’d always invite him to share in their prey and tell a story. He turned his attention back to Wolfstar and waited for the older tom to reply.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Tinyflame will fetch for you when it is time for your training. She’ll probably send for you soon. Until then, see to the elders and make sure they have everything they need. I’m sure they’ll miss having you around.” Wolfstar was glad the elders had left such a good impression on the young tom. Maybe that was what he needed to help turn his attitude around. At Thistlepaw’s question, Wolfstar chuckled. “The whole Clan will take care of them, of course. We take care of our young, old, and sick. Other apprentices and young warriors share the responsibilities of taking care of them all. So, don’t worry. You’ll help take care of them for a while.” 

Wolfstar suddenly started to feel tired again, his tail dropping with more exhaustion. It was getting tiring being tired all of the time… there was nothing worse to Wolfstar than staying inside of his den sleeping while the rest of his Clan continued their duties as normal. The WindClan leader hated being weak. “I should feel back to normal within the next couple of days, so Tinyflame won’t be your mentor for too long. I promise.” 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp WindClan Leader’s Den A Temporary Change (Wolf&Thistle)