A Soggy Awakening [Closed]

Forums The Outskirts The Outskirts Misty Forest A Soggy Awakening [Closed]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lux
    Participant

Smokewisp – Shadowclan Deputy

The river was not kind.

Battered and bleeding Smokewisp finally washed ashore, just outside the territories. Through force of will and Starclan’s providence she’d managed to cling to life. Water lapped at her haunches as she lay upon the marshy bank, fading through various states of consciousness. Her wounds were still oozing and she’d taken a serious blow to the skull. ‘Please, don’t let me die here,‘ she silently plead. Bleeding out upon the stones wasn’t the honorable death she desired. She needed to warn everyone about Pantherstorm. He clearly held no loyalty,  lashing out with murderous intent upon any who crossed him. Such a warrior didn’t deserve to reside among the clans.

That’s not my problem anymore,‘ she thought bitterly as she clenched her jaw in pain. ‘They’ll figure it out.‘ Hornetstar would find a new deputy and the clan would move on.

In her pain and anger a familiar scent wafted past her nose. “Hah, funny joke,” she sputtered, sides heaving as she coughed up water. The warm scent conjured imagery of Ravenwatcher. She could almost feel his deep blue eyes gazing down upon her. She’s tried to hard to avoid feelings for the dark tom. But, she’d fallen. She was hopelessly mesmerized by him, enthralled and wrapped in his tender care. A tear rolled down her cheek, anguished at the thought of never seeing him again. ‘This is unfair,‘ she screamed internally. What would Ravenwatcher do without her? Wold he be alone, and would he miss her? Would he find another she-cat to love? Her claws dug into the bloodied gravel, feeling a streak of jealous rage. The effort exaggerated her pounding headache, causing her vision to darken.

Chris
    Participant

“Ah! There you are.” A voice drifted toward the battered Warrior from down the shore, belonging to a very slightly built black tom-cat. It’s owner hurried toward her on snow white paws, and gazed upon her with concern in a pair of jade green eyes. Around their midsection was a makeshift pouch stuffed with a variety of herbs that were giving off a sweet smell.

“Poor thing, you have been through a lot, haven’t you?” Murmured the soft-furred tom as he gingerly slipped under her, grimacing beneath the weight of the sodden half-conscious cat. There was no way to tell how much she was perceiving, but he couldn’t simply leave her there.

A short journey later, the two cats were holed up on a cozy nest built out of tall dry grass. Fireflies floated lazily in and out of the threshold. Up, up and away until they vanished among the vast expanse of stars overhead. His head turned when he heard stirring behind.

“You’re awake! Good.” The tom smiled, picking up and skipping to her side. “You are from the Clans, are you not? I recognize your scent, though you are not from the River Clan.”

Lux
    Participant

Smokewisp’s blurry eyes locked upon the dark form beside her. Her pelt bristled as she briefly mistook the tom for Pantherstorm. “Here to finish the job?” She hissed, trying to put a mouse-length of distance between them. Surely death hadn’t brought her this far, only to be finished off by her assailant. She drew back her black lips, scenting the air. ‘He’s not clan,‘ she thought, visibly relaxing.

Look, I’m sorry. Its been a long day–” She paused, giving him a quizzical look. “Wait, has it been a day? How long have I been here? I remember the battle and washing ashore.

She tried to stand, alarmed at suddenly being so far from Shadowclan. “I need to get back, I’m sorry. I appreciate your help but–” She took a step forward and promptly collapsed. Her own fatigue and bloodless had rendered her limbs useless. “Or, perhaps I won’t be getting home anytime soon,” she sighed. She felt a pang of loneliness and fear, wondering what had happened after her plunge into the river. Was Hornetstar okay, and would he have already chosen a new deputy? Was Ravenwatcher safe? A thousand thoughts spilled into her mind and she felt so powerless.

First things first, she needed to guarantee her company was safe. “I’m Smokewisp, Shadowclan’s deputy. What’s your name, and how do you know Riverclan? I really need to get back to the clan. Surely they think I’m dead.” She paused, considering her own words. She wouldn’t be expected to return if they’d already declared her dead. Would Hornetstar send someone after her? She couldn’t travel back alone in this condition.

Chris
    Participant

Here to finish the job?

He frowned and cocked his head sideways, eyeing her wounds with clear concern. Getting cats from factions such as these to trust him was always a difficult thing. He looked too much like his father, he supposed. It didn’t surprise him to know that was unnerving.

“I’m afraid I cannot tell you how long you’ve been unconscious. The spirits simply whispered that someone needed help here, I was not expecting someone from the forest.” He admitted with a twinkle in his eyes. Hearing news of his kins’ home was always nice.

“My name’s Faize, I know of your clans because my sister lives there. She’s quite up in the ranks, if I recall.” Pride tinged his mew as he spoke. He never missed a chance to brag on his talented littermate. Though they had chosen different paths, his long-ago visit had shown that she’d made a good home there.

“Why don’t you come with me?” He went on, calmly. “I’m sure your family is worried about you, but let’s not have them be right about your demise. I have healing herbs back at my den, you really ought to rest for a bit before you go on a journey of any sorts.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Outskirts The Outskirts Misty Forest A Soggy Awakening [Closed]