A Relaxing Day (Drift&Snowy) [CLOSED]

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Birch Forest A Relaxing Day (Drift&Snowy) [CLOSED]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wolfstar
    Participant

Green leaves speckled the tops of the birch trees, blending together to form a canopy overhead. Thin, white trunks sprouted tall from the ground and disappeared into it, as if trying to reach the sky and touch the golden afternoon sun. A lone feline placed his paws delicately on the soft, bouncy ground, being careful as not to disturb the forest around him. It was a quiet day in SkyClan territory. Even the birch trees stayed silent, not swayed by the very faint breeze the moors brought in from the other side of the Clan territories. If one could focus long enough, they would be able to pin point the scent of the heather that speckled the rolling hills. It was faint, however, and only lasted for a second before the smells of the leaves and debris took over. 

The tom continued his trek through the birch forest, his ears alert and swerved forward to catch the pitter-patter sound of squirrel paws jumping between branches, or their claw marks scratching as they climbed up the trunk. To the feline’s annoyance, there was nothing but the sound of his own breathing. He stopped padding, and he closed his eyes to breathe in smells, but he still couldn’t catch a whiff of prey. It was newleaf, was it not? Why were there no squirrels or mice to enjoy the warm sunlight that penetrated through the canopy? StarClan knew he was enjoying it. Leafbare had been long and dreadful, and he was relieved on the first day the snow began to melt, revealing the new life underneath. He gave up on his hunt after listening hard for too long without any luck, and he turned to jump up on top of a tree stump. It was thin, but it held him well enough. Like the birch tree stump, the main color on his coat was a bright white with a few, large black spots on the top of his back and tail. His ears were painted black as well, and it looked as if a large badger had stepped in dark mud and stepped on his back before jumping off of his head. His fur was medium-length, and it kept him warm enough during the cold seasons. The feline, known as Driftcloud, sat lightly on his haunches and wrapped his thin tail around his body before relaxing them on his paws. He closed his eyes and purred, enjoying the ray of newleaf sunlight that poked through the leaves above him, shining down on his back.

Feared
    Participant

Snowyowl ~ SkyClan Warrior

Slowly a snowy white furred feline was walking through the birch forest, pupils narrowing slightly as the slender feline walked slowly as she brushed her pelt against the white and grey brindled trunks to leave her scent behind. Canary yellow eyes slowly roamed around before she noticed that there was a white and black pelt that barely stood out against the color of the tree trunks. Whiskers twitched with amusement when the scent of the tomcat tickled the back of her throat, clearly indicating that the tomcat that was relaxing was indeed her brother. Swiftly she changed her position, keeping downwind as her small paws delicately presses against the ground as she kept to the pale tall shadows casted by the birch trees. Her long tail weaved slowly behind her as she moved carefully and silently, pupils narrowing slightly for a moment as she walked towards Driftcloud. As she stalked up behind her sibling, her paw brushed against a dried and shriveled branch. Oh, crow food She thought to herself in a shocked and angered voice within her mind, causing her to jump prematurely at her brothers back.

Small and sheathed paws gently landed upon the tomcats long tail, although she had original planned to jump at his back, the tail would do just fine. “Good evening, Drifty.” She chimed, grinning as she moved off of her brothers tail and gently bumped her shoulder blade against his own. “I was looking for you this morning… you aren’t avoiding me are ya?” She questioned as she gently rubbed her cheek against his shoulder blade to where she was now walking around to where she was now standing in front of him, chin tilted as she looked up slightly at the taller feline.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Driftcloud breathed in the smells of the birch forest, focusing on the freshness of the leaves and the earthy scents of the dirt below him. The day was peaceful, relaxing even. Something in Driftcloud’s bones told him it wouldn’t last forever, so he chose to enjoy these small moments when he could. Suddenly, the sound of paws stepping lightly on ground towards him made his ears perk up with alertness, but he didn’t move a muscle. Whoever it was, was downwind from him so it was close to impossible to catch their scent. Even so, he had a feeling it was one of his own Clanmate’s so he stayed completely still. Maybe they would go away if they realized he didn’t care enough to turn around and greet them? However, he quickly found that was not the case when paws suddenly pinned his tail against the tree stump and he whirled around to face his attacker.

Snowyowl?” Driftcloud rolled his eyes at his sister, ignoring the cheery expression on her face. “I could have clawed you if I wanted,” he murmured, lifting a paw up to his muzzle and rasping his tongue over his toes. “Why would I ever want to avoid you? It’s not like you’re annoying or anything.” He flicked his tail to her ear with amusement, which was about as much affection as he allows himself to display. “I went out for a quiet walk and to see if I could catch anything, but it seems the prey is still sleeping like it’s leafbare. Why were you looking for me? Is everything okay?” His eyes glanced towards the direction of the camp, hoping he didn’t miss anything important on his stupid walk. Now, he definitely couldn’t come back without at least one piece of prey, which meant it would take him all day at this rate. 

Feared
    Participant

A smile couldn’t help but find its way onto her muzzle as her brother stared at her in a puzzled expression before he quickly regathered himself to express irritation as he lifted his paw in order to lick at his toes. Rolling her bright yellow eyes, “Annoying seems to be the only word you seem to know. I am cheery and a loving she-cat with a brooding brother.” She corrected him. Driftcloud certainly took after their late mother with his personality, he was always very serious and didn’t like to display affection. But like their mother she had learned his tells of how he showed affection, and she knew that deep down her brother cared for her. He just wasn’t the best at showing it. While Snowyowl looked almost exactly like their mother expect for her yellow eyes, she certainly wasn’t anything like Birchberry. Where she got her kind and loving heart and expressive personality was always a mystery, but she enjoyed being different from her mother and brother. Feeling his tail flick against her ear brought her out of her deep thoughts, blinking slightly as she focused upon the white and black tomcat as he explained himself.

“Oh, I’m sorry for interrupting your walk.” She smiled sheepishly, but honestly she wasn’t that sorry. Driftcloud enjoyed his time away from everyone and she tried to give him space, but every now and then being around her brother helped calm her troubled heart. “I just wanted to be around you. You always make me feel better.” She explained, wanting to keep her troubles to herself for now, but Driftcloud was always her calm when they were young. She missed him every now and then. Shifting slightly she looked at her littermate before she gave him a small smile. “Wouldn’t mind if I joined you on this walk?” Snowyowl asked her brother, chin tilting slightly as her long white tail swaying slowly behind her in a lazy fashion, clearly indicating how at ease she was with this serious tomcat.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Snowyowl’s sheepish look made his heart soften, as it always did whenever she looked sad or innocent. Driftcloud wasn’t fond of being around someone for too long, let alone a whole Clan. He always thought life might have been a little better if he had been born as a rogue or a loner, especially when tensions were high between the other Clan’s. However, whether he liked it or not, he was part of SkyClan and he chose to stay for his Clan and for his littermate. What would Snowyowl do without his seriousness to keep her grounded sometimes? Driftcloud tilted his head with curiosity when she said being around him made her feel better, and he opened his jaws to question what was keeping her from being happy, but thought better of it. If his sister wanted to tell him something, she would in a heartbeat. Otherwise, he would keep to himself and let her deal with her problems until asked to step in. Anyways, she knew he would defend her in a split second if she needed. Even though they were littermates, he always had the “big brother” way about him. “Of course you can join me,” he meowed.

Driftcloud lifted his haunches off the stump and he jumped down to the grassy floor, his paws light and delicate. “I was afraid you were coming to tell me that Rookfall had another job for me. Yesterday, he made me accompany Saffrongaze around the territories to find some sort of herb that I can’t remember. I could tell Saffrongaze didn’t want me there, but I guess it makes sense to have someone with her with the tensions so high lately.” The black-spotted tom fell into step with Snowyowl as they swiveled around every birch tree in their way. Out of nowhere, a few birds began to sing in the branches and he glared upwards at the sound. Now they decided to come out when he was finished hunting. “I was incredibly bored watching her stare at plants and pick them with her teeth. I don’t care what she says, they all look and smell the same. It takes a special kind of cat to want to do that all day, and it makes sense they have a connection with StarClan seeing as they need something exciting.” His tail tip twitched and he gave his sister a cheeky half-smile…only slight kidding. 

Feared
    Participant

Driftcloud seemed to loosen up finally, the spook having passed long enough for him to adjust to her presence. But as soon as her brother instantly agreed to allow her to join him on this walk, she brightened and stood back so her brother could jump down from the stump. Seeing them side by side, no one could mistake that they were related. Snowyowl and Driftcloud resembled one another, Driftcloud was taller and muscled while Snowyowl was a little shorter and leaner. But their faces held resemblances and their pelt were almost the same white, expect for the black spots along Driftcloud’s pelt. “Thank you.” She smiled softly as she moved to where she was now in step with her brother, staying silent as her brother began to speak. There was no mistaking that her brother wasn’t exactly the biggest fan of being a team player, he liked being recluse and away from everything, but he always seemed to make time for her.

Ears twitched slightly while a small smirk rose to her muzzle as he spoke about how Rookfall had sent him on a plant gathering adventure with Saffrongaze. “Oh, stars that must have been awful.” Snowyowl laughed softly, expression light as she glanced towards Driftcloud before she gave a slight shrug. “I disappeared before Rookfall could spot me, or I’m sure he would have a boring assignment in place.” She teased, while brushing her white pelt against the trunk of a small birch tree, her chin tilted back as she heard the soft songs being sang high within the tree tops. Birds were coming out to enjoy the warmth that the sun provided, whiskers twitching slightly for a moment before she lowered her chin and caught up with her brother. Lips pulled up in a smile when Driftcloud spoke so cheekily, but she couldn’t blame him. Saffrongaze was a strange feline but she certainly felt at ease with her plants. “Don’t let her hear you say that, she might place a curse upon you.” Snowyowl retorted with a grin of her own, his cheeky smile causing her nerves to relax as she walked quietly by his side.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Birch Forest A Relaxing Day (Drift&Snowy) [CLOSED]