a quiet death [hornet + sap – closed]

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory a quiet death [hornet + sap – closed]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hornetstar
    Participant

HORNETSTAR.

At long last, the poor ShadowClan leader had some time to catch a wink of sleep. It had been a week since he had properly ate or slept, and he was finally exhausted. ShadowClan, with SkyClan and now RiverClan, were settled in the cave they were taking refuge in until the storm blew over. Everyone knew to help out where it was needed, and things were running surprisingly smoothly for how close the three Clans had to live together for now. He had truthfully expected more fights to have broke out, but was relieved none had.

After some searching, he had found a little nook towards the back and in a darker part of the cave to settle down in. He didn’t have anything for bedding, but he was so tired he didn’t care at all. He had quickly curled up, eyes fluttering shut as soon as his head hit his paws. At a glance anyone would assume he was in a deep, peaceful slumber, but that was far from the truth.

Everything went dark, darker than the night sky. Then, just as suddenly, stars started blinking into life. Soon there were so many the light was almost overwhelming, his eyes fighting to adjust. A forest setting opened up around him, solid feeling ground appearing under his paws and making him momentarily stumble, caught off guard. He would have assumed this a dream, if he didn’t know what StarClan looked like. And there was only one reason a leader would be in StarClan without going to the Moonpool.

Breathing harder, he glanced around with wide eyes, feeling panic rising within him. He was losing a life. A precious life! After this, he would only have 8 left. Eight attempts to lead ShadowClan through hard times, to try and give his Clan a bright future. That wasn’t enough. No way would it ever be enough.

Trembling just a little and trying to focus on his breathing, he sat down on his haunches heavily so he could hopefully take a moment to settle down. How long would he be stuck here?

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Stars twinkled brightly in the sky, seemingly brighter than the sun itself. The misty forest was beautiful, nothing like the cats down below had. Soon after Hornetstar materialized in StarClan, one of it’s warriors padded elegantly into the clearing. She was a small cat, and her face was almost kit-like. Her patched red pelt had stars woven into the fur, and her orange eyes shone brightly. “Hello Hornetstar, do not be afraid. Once your body has taken a enough time to heal, you will be returned. No one will know that you’ve been here.” She spoke softly, with the voice of a cat much too young to be among the dead. “Do you remember me?” She asked, taking a small step forward. Blazemoon blinked up at Hornetstar, a small smile resting on her muzzle. “In any case, make yourself comfortable. I’m sure you must have some questions. I’m not the oldest cat here, but I’ll answer them to the best of my ability…”

Saplingskies found himself tossing and turning in the night. So many things were on his mind, and it was so much colder here than he was used to. He was worried about his family, and Harepaw, and the clan, and the other clans, and it was just about too much for him to handle. He was actually kind of glad Harepaw had decided to sleep with her littermates, because he knew his restlessness would keep her awake if she was with him. Eventually he managed to doze off, but it was a restless sleep However, his sleep was short lived, as a strong presence nearby jolted him awake. The eerie feeling loomed over him like a predator waiting to pounce. He only felt this way when a nearby cat was dying! He quickly got to his paws and quietly began making rounds around the makeshift camp. He needed to figure out who the feeling was coming from. Everyone seemed normal… until his eyes landed on Hornetstar. As he approached, the bad feeling prickled up his spine, and he could swear he saw the faint outlines of StarClan warriors around his leader. He looked around to make sure nobody was awake and watching, then leaned down to nudge Hornetstar. The larger tom was cold, and his body was limp. Hornetstar had lost a life… but how?! He hadn’t reported feeling sick, and he hadn’t been injured… what was going on?!  Saplingskies backed off, settling down a few fox lengths away to observe Hornetstar. He would examine him closer once the leader was awake.

Hornetstar
    Participant

HORNETSTAR.

The golden tabby jerked in surprise as he became aware of an approaching presence, glancing up to see a starry form approaching. He had heard leaders sometimes saw StarClan cats when they lost a life, but he truthfully hadn’t expected this. His belief in StarClan wasn’t the most devote, so he had expected to lose his life and be done with it. But when the pelt of the approaching cat became more clear, he found himself suddenly at war. As much as he didn’t want to deal with this, a morbid, masochistic part of him wanted to speak with Blazemoon.

Having something else to focus on now, he found all his panic fleeing. “Blazemoon, of course,” he breathed, giving her a wide eyed glance over. She looked no old than the day her life had been tragically claimed, though mercifully she didn’t bare any of the badger’s marks anymore. “Truthfully, I… Don’t?” Was he supposed to have questions? He felt like a lousy leader, not having any. Should he be using this time to ask about ShadowClan’s future, or if he should be aware of anymore hardship heading his Clan’s way?

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Blazemoon looked slightly surprised. Older StarClan cats said that leaders always had questions. She simply shrugged, letting out a small giggle. “Oh, well, that’s fine too! We probably don’t have a lot of time anyway, since you weren’t mauled in a fight or racked by illness. Your body should be healed shortly…” She trailed off, laying down in the soft grass. “I’ll be honest, I wish I could go back with you. StarClan is great and all, but I miss my family.” The young she-cat shook her head, a wistful sigh escaping her. She squeezed her eyes shut for a moment before looking back up at Hornetstar.

“Before you go back, I have one request. Try to be nicer to Saplingskies, yeah? I know you have… conflicting personalities, but… some cats are concerned. It’s none of my business, but I think you could get along. You have more in common than you think.” She blinked slowly, looking at Hornetstar expectantly. In life, she would never had made such a bold request. But Hornetstar had no authority over her now. Not here. “With your eight remaining lives, remember to love and protect your clan as fiercely as I did Cloudedmoon. Everyone in your clan deserves your respect, from the tiniest kit to the most ancient elder…” Once Blazemoon finished speaking, she began to slowly fade away. Hornetstar would be waking up soon.

Hornetstar
    Participant

HORNETSTAR.

Yes, not mauled in a fight or sick… Just plain stupid and stubborn. The golden tom had a strong suspicion of how he had lost this life, and looking back it made him feel so silly. Would it really have hurt to have ate more? Now he would be one life short if his Clan fell under even more perilous problems. He really, really hoped he didn’t come to regret this even more. “The… The whole Clan misses you, Blazemoon,” he mumbled. Though he hadn’t ever really, personally known the young she-cat, her lose still haunted him to this day. And hearing her talking like this? It wasn’t really helping. Though he knew it was Tawnypainter who had been there that fateful day, Hornetstar still took her death as an affront on his leadership. Letting an apprentice be killed so early on into his leadership hadn’t been good for him.

Instantly at the mention of Saplingskies, his whole attitude seemed to shift. He made no remark or comment back, not wanting this conversation to dissolve into an argument and end on a completely sour note. Instead he merely listened to her words, keeping his mouth shut tightly as he watched her fade into stardust. “Goodbye, Blazemoon,” he whispered, knowing she would hear him no matter how quiet he was. Much like her, he started fading away as well.

The golden tom awoke with a gasp, jerking up from where he had laid down with wide eyes. He almost missed Saplingskies, but obviously caught sight of the brown tom at last. Now, more than ever, he felt weak and dizzy and sick to his empty stomach. “S-Saplingskies,” he rasped, voice hoarse. It was hard to get his thoughts back into order, to forget StarClan and return to the real world.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory a quiet death [hornet + sap – closed]