a moment of silence interrupted [soot x sorrel continued]

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp RiverClan Apprentice’s Den a moment of silence interrupted [soot x sorrel continued]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mahon [owl]
    Participant

“You barely know me yet you’re telling me what I am and am not.” Sootpaw scoffed, getting annoyed at her sense of entitlement. Guess that’s what the daughter of the deputy acts like. No respect. “I guess it’s hard for you to wrap your mind around that not everyone thinks the same way you do. But it’s the truth. I don’t feel as strongly as others do, maybe it’s because I don’t care or maybe it’s because I’m apathetic. Those two reasons are pretty much the same anyways.” Sure the tom had the rare emotional outburst, but it took quite a bit to get him to that point. Obviously, Sorrelpaw did by doubting the way his mind worked. “So stop acting as if you know me, we aren’t friends.” 

“If no one is normal then how is anyone special?” Sootpaw questioned, letting out a sigh. With a mere blink as a reaction to her words about being a warrior, Sootpaw couldn’t help but be reminded of a kit when he looked at the younger apprentice. “I know what being a warrior means. The clan comes first, and I do what I can to uphold that. It’s how I was raised and how I intend to live.” He was beginning to think that Sorrelpaw was the one who thought she was better than everyone, a hypocrite. “Every kit wants to be a warrior. You can stop the holier-than-thou point of view you have going on.”

“I’m not a monster. It’s my responsibility to fight for my clan, not against it. I’d save you if I could. What reason do I have to let you die? Just because I answered a hypothetical question in a way that made you uncomfortable?” Amber eyes staring her down with an intense look. It was as if she expected the worst from him, which wasn’t a surprise from the way he acted. But Sootpaw knew what being a warrior entailed, even if it strayed from his own moral alignment there was still a code he had to follow. “What, you think because  I’m apathetic of most situations that it automatically means I’m cruel? Sure I like the power struggle of a battle but I’m not nonsensical.”

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by mahon [owl].
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by mahon [owl].
    Feared
    Participant

Sorrelpaw ~ RiverClan Apprentice 

She merely just listened to him speak, keeping her mouth shut while he ranted. She clearly didn’t think she was better than him, but she also didn’t see why a cat who didn’t care about the clan could be valuable. Shrugging her shoulders towards him as the tip of her tail twitched. “Those are just my opinions. We can agree to disagree all we want and it still won’t get us anywhere.” Sorrelpaw simply stated, her chin tilting as her fiery pumpkin hues stared right back into his cold amber glare. She wouldn’t be intimated by the older and larger cat, it wasn’t in her blood. “I don’t think it really makes you cruel, just makes you not care if you are being cruel.” The dark calico fixed his own sentence, and to her it was at least true. 

“I’m the young apprentice that seeks out to be better than my whining brothers and uncaring clanmates. It’s a completely different view from yours and where I don’t even want to try to see it from your point of view I’m not saying you are evil. Yet anyways.” She added, shifting in the nest to where she was now sitting upright, momentarily looking down at the tomcat as he still laid down in the nest. “I’m not better than you Sootpaw.” She said slowly, eyes narrowing as she pointed said. “But I aim to be.” With that the young she-cat stood up completely from the nest she had been borrowing, her eyes never leaving Sootpaw before she turned towards the exit of the den. The fish he had recently devoured was stuck in her nose and her stomach was beginning to protest her hungry.. that and their conversation had taken a turn for the worst. Stepping over two nests she walked outside of the den, her tail swaying side to side as she tried to steep her temper that had recently been fuming. The arrogant carp. She thought sharply, stomping to the fresh kill pile, despite her sore muscles protest. 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp RiverClan Apprentice’s Den a moment of silence interrupted [soot x sorrel continued]